Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jun 9, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2007
Alright, that was good.
7th was really something, I'm upset they weren't around for longer after getting to know their past.
Yuno just up and slitting Ai's throat was brutal... I tend to like the crazy characters, so I keep hoping she turns out more interesting, but I'm still waiting.

Jun 12, 2014 9:26 PM

Aug 2010
They never said why the parents abandoned them. They were simply abandoned and they were too young to understand why. They didn't know why the parents abandoned them, but the OP makes it sound like the parents abandoned them because of what happened to them later on in life which doesn't makes ANY sense whatsoever.

Anyways though, this episode ripped my heart out. It was sad enough as it is reading it, but watching it was a whole 'nother story.
Ai and Marco are right when they said that what they have is true love. Yukki and Yuno's relationship couldn't compare to the love that Ai and Marco have.

In other news, I hate Yukki's dad all over again.
Jul 4, 2014 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
Finally, it got good again. lool

I like the depth of the relationship between Marco and Ai. Their backstory was so sad and it made me care for them.
I almost cried in the scene where he was hugging her tightly as the tower collapses.

Just when you thought Yukki is the worst character in the show, his dad rose up to the occasion.
I knew he was going to use that knife but I thought he was only going to injure or threaten her. Damn. lol
I guess the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree....

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 8, 2014 1:03 AM
Aug 2011
What's with the group rapes?
Jul 8, 2014 1:04 AM
Aug 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
musicalsushi said:
What's with this anime and rape????

This ^. Using rape as a plot device sucks so hard. (no pun intended) Seriously, the author has to come up with some better writing than just rape rape and more sex.

Onto the episode, man, I feel for Marco, he is the man! Feel bad for Ai too. Fuck Yuno, screw the main characters, the author tries so hard to make the main characters win, it's unbelievable. I felt a little bad for Yukkii at the end there, and also the mom, seriously, the dad is fucked up, what a douche. Both of my favorite diary users are dead, Sevenths and Fourth, sigh.

Shih said:

What 7th (male) said about Yuki is true. Yuki is pathetic.
"Yuno, why did you kill 7th (female)? We just needed to get her diary."
Well, Yuki, you did throw a dart at 7th's cellphone which equals attempting to kill her. = =|

Didn't notice this before, but this ^. Lol, that contradiction, bad writing or on purpose? I bet it's not the latter.

What Yuki meant was they could break the phone instead of slicing her throat.
Jul 24, 2014 9:43 PM

May 2014
This episode was a very good episode. The Ai rape... I teared up in this episode. I didn't think that any of these people were true 'villains' maybe Deus, these are just people wishing for a better future for them and their loved one. This only goes to show that people would do ANYTHING for what they feel is right—especially to the ones they love.
5/5 for the episode.
Jul 28, 2014 2:52 AM

May 2014
Alright... If Yuuki doesn't figure out that his dad was an asshole, then he's worse then Shinji Ikari.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Sep 19, 2014 10:06 PM

Oct 2013
I'm trying hard to love this series because the plot is pretty good and I've come to enjoy MOST the characters, but HOLY MOTHER OF ASS does this show test one's suspension of disbelief. Like, I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure that Ai should not have lived as long as she did after having her throat slit, and let's forget the fact that she was able to talk just fine like it was a normal flesh wound not a CUT TO HER BLOODY THROAT. I've watched enough horror films to know that a person can hardly talk after having his throat slit smh.

Marco and Ai had a truly respectable relationship; now that's true love. At least Yuki's finally realizing how immature and pathetic both him and his fucked up relationship with Yuno is. Hopefully Yuno is getting a glimpse of that as well. They'd do well to learn from Marco and Ai.

I lmao'd when Yuki's father stole his parachute and ran off.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 25, 2014 7:22 AM

Jan 2014
I had a smile on my face while Marco was
holding his dear Ai's dead body. It was so
beautifully tragic. I loved it. :') -.^
But why did Yukki's mum had to die...?
His father seemed like a maniac.. Urgh..
This is so interesting, can't stop watching!
Oct 4, 2014 8:14 AM

May 2014
Like this episode, except for the rape scene.
I really feel bad for 7th... They're my favorite diary holder, beside 9th.
Oh, and Yuki's father an asshole.

Oct 12, 2014 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
Aw I cried in this ep, so sad ugh, and then his dad killed his mum...what a fucking heartless idiot his dad is, I hope he dies. Yuno still pisses me off ugh I wish I could mute her...
Oct 25, 2014 6:11 PM

Oct 2011
That was great. The 7ths totally deserved to win the game :/ Ai and Marco's pasts are pretty messed up, sucks it ended the way it did.
Nov 22, 2014 11:08 PM
Mar 2014
How do they make me grow attached to each character before they die :(

I hoped the dad would be cool, but in the end he turned out to be insane D:
Feb 24, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2011
I imagine whoever wrote the story was thinking this:

>Man, what should 7ths backstory be?
>They're orphans, and also childhood sweethearts
>That's kinda swee-
>Then let's have the girl be raped!
>Why?
>Everyone knows rape=character depth!

And thus, here we are.
Feb 24, 2015 10:21 PM

Nov 2014
Alright... So, despite watching his father take his parachute and run off without him, Yukki still worried about him getting back together with his mother? Yukki has to be one of the top 10 most annoying main characters I've ever seen. I'm actually starting to feel bad for Yuno at this point that she fell in love with such a loser. And his poor mother. :( She was great.

2/5
Mar 17, 2015 7:28 PM

Dec 2014
SexyPriest said:
I imagine whoever wrote the story was thinking this:

>Man, what should 7ths backstory be?
>They're orphans, and also childhood sweethearts
>That's kinda swee-
>Then let's have the girl be raped!
>Why?
>Everyone knows rape=character depth!

And thus, here we are.

I was just thinking that, like almost every female character is sexually assaulted at some point in the series.

Add me on PSN: edgehead22
XBL: iamDTS
3DS: 4270-2870-9578
Apr 4, 2015 5:57 PM

Jul 2014
Man, Yuki's dad is a piece of shit.
Apr 7, 2015 2:04 PM
Oct 2013
havent seen anyone itt who noticed straight reference to amagami in mur mur omake... okashii
Apr 22, 2015 2:17 AM
Apr 2015
Love how Kuro cuts himself out of the parachute when the buckle on it is right beside where he cuts!
Apr 26, 2015 4:15 PM
Apr 2015
Am I the only around here surrounded by onion cutting ninjas?

T_T
"I wasn’t a victim so things like pity and compassion weren’t necessary. Even though I was the one who arrogantly said that."
May 25, 2015 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
I really liked Yuki Mom. I hope that Yuki Dad will have long and painful death.
Jul 4, 2015 12:25 PM
Jun 2015
Of course! The most logical choice is to rape the person that is annoying you. That will show you her!
Jul 7, 2015 3:03 PM
Feb 2015
Man I love the sevenths love story but I hate how she was freakin raped... Unforgivable. Man I cryed a bit when they died. Can't believe it... D;

Oh man yuki's mom just died oh snap. Freakin Dad.. This is probably where yuki mans up and become a bad ass!!
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Aug 8, 2015 10:31 AM

Aug 2014
So another diary owner who had very sad past? But at least she is not psycho like rest?
Are only Yukki and this pair normal? Ai is sexy ;d

I lol'd at Marco in shock :D
This seventh pair was the best of all players.. even better than ninth, first and second.
I really wish for an OVA when seventh win the game!

And Yukki dad is scumbag and coward! :[

Why in new OP there are still dead players? And it seems Yuno will get phone destroyed probably at end, maybe she do it herself? it is shown in second opening again... damn that sucks...

one of best episodes anyway
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 9, 2015 10:19 PM

Feb 2013
Ugh, why does this show have to make me feel bad for the *villains* just before they kill them off? Ai and Marco's backstory was really sad, and their love for eachother was heartwarming. I actually got pretty emotional when he was holding Ai's dead body just before the tower blew up, what a tragic end for such an awesome duo :(.

Also, is Yuki fucking retarded? No really, he was ready to forgive his dad and try to get him back together with his mom....RIGHT AFTER HE JUST DITCHED HIS ASS TO DIE ON THAT ROOF!? Yuki is officially one of the dumbest anime characters Ive ever seen, and I'm honestly starting to get really sick of him. I hope his mother's death wakes him the fuck up. Jesus Christ.

Oh, and speaking of his dad. Yeah, hes a real douchebag. Hopefully he gets whats coming to him soon.
Aug 16, 2015 11:12 AM
Jan 2015
yukkis dad is a fuckin scumbag
Aug 23, 2015 1:06 AM

Aug 2014
Way too many feels in one episode. The 7th's backstory was bad enough but R.I.P. 7th x2 and Mom. Everyone in Yuki's life betrays him except crazy ass Yuno.
Sep 27, 2015 8:08 AM

Feb 2015
I don't like Yukki really and obviously I hate his father. I don't know why people didn't like the 7ths backstory, I thought it was really good.
Nov 13, 2015 10:22 AM
Nov 2015
Damn. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckk fuck.
Dec 20, 2015 10:03 AM

Sep 2015
How was Ai still alive after having her throat cut??? Gosh...
Jan 7, 2016 7:17 PM

Sep 2015
Amazing episode. Really really great...
Jeez Marco and Ai's past was sad and beautiful at the same time. The connection between them is unmatched...

Marco: great f*cking character. I wish I could've seen even more from him.

About Yuuki... ಠ_ಠ Is there still any goddamn hope that he will change?
He's such a wimp; makes me wanna punch he his face.
I flipped out when he said "I still want my dad and mom to be together though..."
Die pls. Pls, just die already...
Shape430 said:
Ugh, why does this show have to make me feel bad for the *villains* just before they kill them off? Ai and Marco's backstory was really sad, and their love for eachother was heartwarming. I actually got pretty emotional when he was holding Ai's dead body just before the tower blew up, what a tragic end for such an awesome duo :(.

Same...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2016 6:55 PM
Apr 2013
Why couldn't it have been Yuno and Yuki instead?! Really why? They aren't good main characters. Yuki has no redeeming qualities and Yuno's in love with him ( but he has no redeeming qualities.)

I liked Marco and Ai allot. Heck I think I would be allot happier with this show if Marco and Ai were the main characters.

Best Waifu: Holo - Spice and Wolf
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate
Read my Wolf's Rain fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12618229/1/Finding-Paradise-Wolf-s-Rain
Mar 16, 2016 9:04 AM

Jun 2015
Aww, that couple's backstory was so touching.

Also, that was a great showdown between Yuno and Marco, but I kinda expected the fight to be longer and more epic. Oh well.

And yes, Yuki's dad seems like a big coward. Being in debt is no excuse to act like a scumbag.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Apr 21, 2016 11:16 PM

Mar 2014
Matched pair even death does them apart .
Everyone has a past that woe them out of misery .
Man .. Most of them really have driven by madness . Mayhem .. how stupid .
For the love , For each other and Future dairies .
VERY GREAT EPISODE . Sympathies and opposite of it .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 5:00 AM

Jun 2010
I loved this episode. But it was way too sad. I love 7ths.
And now I hate Yuki's father. And the moment he took the parachute, i hoped it's a normal bag and he would realize it and drop into his grave. :_____DD
May 26, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
Awww, Marco and Ai's back story was sad! it made me like them more.

I can't believe her mother left her at the tower but it was nice of him to go and make sure she was okay and get the owner of the children's home to take her in. It's not surprising she fell for him and wanted to get married there.

I can't believe those boys lured her to that warehouse and raped her, that's horrible! its a good thing she had texted Marco and he eventually saved her and killed one of the guys it looked like.

It's sad that they died in each others arms so soon after getting married!

I didn't expect Yuno to slit her throat though, although I would have thought she should have died a lot sooner from that. Nor did I expect Marco to have a pole stuck in him! yet he still wanted to see Ai one last time! and live their last moments together! that was so sweet!!!
Sep 9, 2016 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, stuff is getting more and more fucked up.
Yukki's father left his son for death and KILLED his mother? Wtf, damn.

Also, the second they showed the 7th's backstory I instantly started backing them up, I seriously changed sides cause they should win this shit. The 7th's ROCK, period.

So, 5 players in the game now, wonder what's gonna happen next and what crazy shit will Yuno do next *.*
Sep 23, 2016 3:46 AM

Jun 2016
Poor ai, i hope Marco and her and always together.
Oct 13, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, after seeing Marco/Ai's past, I do kinda feel bad for them..
Also, I'm glad Yukki's mom died. Don't get me wrong, I really did like her, in fact she was super sweet, but Yukki's pissing me off. He needs to get it through his head that he can trust almost nobody except for Yuno (and I guess Akise too, same with Ninth). Like really, something horrible always has to happen in order for Yukki to learn that he can't trust people.. As a result, his mom died. He better start manning up now. I'm getting tired of his wimpy act lol

caught in the wonder
Oct 25, 2016 2:54 PM

Mar 2016
In my opinion, this was the best ep until now. The flashback was awesome, kinda made me want to see 7ths more in the show (what will not happen). Also the flashback explained why they were working for 8th.

As for the ending, i seriously can't see how Yuki can be so dumb. His father left him to death and he's all like "I wanna go see the stars with someone that doesn't even care if i live or die", tf man!
Nov 4, 2016 9:26 AM

Jun 2016
Ai's and Marco's past really sucks. I felt sorry for their death.

What is with Yuki's dad anyway? He's a monster :/
Nov 19, 2016 7:31 AM

Nov 2015
Yuki comes right after his dad. My gosh.
Dec 9, 2016 12:33 AM
Oct 2016
Marco roasted Yukki and Yuno, saved them, and gave them solid relationship advice, all in less than a minute. That alone is enough for this to earn a 5/5 but gah damn they really need to stop recycling old shit like rape.
Jan 4, 2017 1:51 PM

Mar 2010
What dumbass bimbo reads a note and believes it when they text in the first place... and again they lose. And Yuki's dad is a even worse fucking character to write about. This show is just making the worst characters and putting it on this show lol

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 5, 2017 2:10 AM
Jul 2018
Sad ending for seventh :,0
Jan 17, 2017 5:00 AM

Jan 2014
Poor Ai had to bear a sad past, getting raped.

Poor Yuki, getting her mother killed by his father.
Jan 23, 2017 1:30 PM

May 2016
Damn Marco and Ai both dead plus Yuki's mom I cant believe it that he killed his wife, Not to forget that towers explosion was really lame.
Feb 22, 2017 9:18 AM
Jan 2017
so far I realized that yuki always, ALWAYS, makes awful choices

I mean, morally talking his choices are pretty good and stuff. but when you are at stake of death the "right" thing to do is not always the "right" thing to do.

I tried not to care much about it but by NOW ,ep. 17, anyone should've realized that 'this situation u are stuck in is not normal and u might die any second and acting all don't-kill-don't-fight won't save u'

but i bet the writer knew this and this is a part of his.. character.
but I can't help getting frustrated with him sometimes and this episode especially, I wanted to stab him myself and get it over with.

but so far a really interesting anime. excited to watch the next episode
Mar 17, 2017 10:58 PM

May 2013
AAAWWWHHHHH, THEY'RE TOO CUTE, I'M CRRRRYYYYYYYYYY
AIXMARCO FOREVER <33333333333333 <///////////////////33333333

TTATT

Welp, time to hunt down Papa and kill him.
Apr 22, 2017 7:59 PM

Jan 2016
This episode was a harsh reality check for both Yuno and Yuuki, but more so Yuuki... very intense.

Why, any characters given backstories, have deaths that are so much more traumatic to the viewer?

Anyway.... Yuuki should have realized the first time that his father is selfish and unstable. I wonder if the father is the eleventh diary owner....and how much Yuuki will hesitate in a situation where he's forced to kill his father. The one time he really SHOULDN'T be relying on Yuno.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 29, 2012

159 by Salty_Cookie »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

219 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 14, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

363 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 3, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2012

680 by Alex16hz »»
Apr 2, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 11, 2012

264 by Alex16hz »»
Apr 1, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.