Forum Settings
Forums

NIS America Licenses Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Feb 3, 2012 1:37 PM

According to their official press release, NIS America has licensed Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin (Occult Academy).

The series will be released on subtitled Blu-ray on May 8th in NIS's premium packaging.

Source: Press release via ANN

Feb 3, 2012 1:39 PM

Why?
Oh well, I guess it will be nice for the fans......if there are any.

Feb 3, 2012 2:24 PM

nice too see that someone picked it up cause i wasn't that bad of an anime .

Feb 3, 2012 2:26 PM

YEA BUDDY

Feb 3, 2012 2:28 PM

This is one of the titles I was planning to watch once, I may try it out eventually.

Feb 3, 2012 2:29 PM
FatherAnderson said:
Why?

My thoughts exactly.

Feb 3, 2012 3:22 PM
That anime had so much potential :( I did not think it was that bad, but it could (should) have been much better.

Feb 3, 2012 4:34 PM

Cover350 said:
FatherAnderson said:
Why?

My thoughts exactly.

And these make me think that I was the only one who actually enjoined the anime to what it was:/

Feb 3, 2012 4:41 PM

Another loss of profit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 3, 2012 5:08 PM

I'll gladly proclaim that I'm buying this as it is a worthy license. NIS America doesn't licenses really popular stuff if anyone hasn't noticed it already. I'm so glad someone licensed this as it was the only Anime no Chika left to release here. Time to see Maya again, she is hot!

Feb 3, 2012 5:59 PM
Would have bought this but region A lock (like all NIS releases) = no buy.

Feb 3, 2012 6:00 PM

KrazyKobun said:
I'll gladly proclaim that I'm buying this as it is a worthy license. NIS America doesn't licenses really popular stuff if anyone hasn't noticed it already. I'm so glad someone licensed this as it was the only Anime no Chika left to release here. Time to see Maya again, she is hot!

Natsume Yuujinchou, Toradora, Katanagatari, Working!!, Pandora Hearts and Kimi ni Todoke are NOT POPULAR AT ALL.

No one likes them AT ALL.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Find me on Final Fantasy XIV! IGN: Zaiga Heart (Aether Data Center - Faerie Server)

Feb 3, 2012 6:21 PM
FatherAnderson said:
Why?

I'm sure there are fans.

Feb 3, 2012 6:37 PM

I actually wanted to watch this a while ago but never got around to it. Reading these comments, I don't know if I should go watch it now or forget it. ^^V

Feb 3, 2012 11:02 PM
Eh... Can't believe they licensed that. Not that great of an anime :P

Feb 4, 2012 2:10 AM

I wish they would have went after Kimi to Boku or Mawaru Penguindrum instead. Same for Sentai too. Oh well.....nothing good this time around.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Feb 4, 2012 5:42 AM
with all of the comment from above,i felt as though its wrong to actually like this anime.

Feb 4, 2012 9:05 AM

zansabarshadow said:
KrazyKobun said:

Natsume Yuujinchou, Toradora, Katanagatari, Working!!, Pandora Hearts and Kimi ni Todoke are NOT POPULAR AT ALL.

I meant compared to stuff thats REALLY popular like the Shonen Jump stuff, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Eden of the East, and so forth. Believe it or not those anime are not as popular as you think they are.
Modified by KrazyKobun, Feb 4, 2012 9:10 AM

Feb 4, 2012 4:06 PM

KrazyKobun said:
zansabarshadow said:
KrazyKobun said:

I meant compared to stuff thats REALLY popular like the Shonen Jump stuff, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Eden of the East, and so forth. Believe it or not those anime are not as popular as you think they are.

But Occult Academy is? The shows you mentioned are top tier popularity stuff, that is like asking why Right Stuf doesn't license a show as popular as DBZ. Eden of the East was not more popular than Toradora, at least in the internet community also.
My anime list

Feb 5, 2012 10:15 AM

LOL I think it's unpopular for a reason. And I don't know which unpopular animes are licensed already but this definitely isn't the best choice.

A bit biased here, but if it's about Comedy/Sci-Fi Level E is actually a better choice.

Feb 5, 2012 10:43 AM

but why

Feb 5, 2012 12:30 PM

mitamaking said:
KrazyKobun said:
zansabarshadow said:
KrazyKobun said:

But Occult Academy is? The shows you mentioned are top tier popularity stuff, that is like asking why Right Stuf doesn't license a show as popular as DBZ. Eden of the East was not more popular than Toradora, at least in the internet community also.
Eden of the East is more "western" and I know of more people who actually watched it over Toradora. NIS licenses stuff that has a strong supporting fanbase, but their stuff aren't really popular in a universal or "easy money" sense. If that was the case then why Funi or Sentai hasn't grabbed any of their titles before them?

Feb 5, 2012 3:15 PM
What the fuck is a "Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin"? Would it kill this site if the staff used the names people actually know? Will the minority of non-English speakers here mind if you just said "Occult Academy?" That's probably what they either called it, or is closer to what they called it, in their own language anyways. Not to mention this whole site, and this news article is in English. This peeves me.

That said, I'm glad this show is being brought over. I didn't particularly like it, but at least it gives hope for other non-recent anime to be licensed, like Michiko & Hatchin.

Feb 5, 2012 3:19 PM

Nyron said:
What the fuck is a "Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin"? Would it kill this site if the staff used the names people actually know? Will the minority of non-English speakers here mind if you just said "Occult Academy?" That's probably what they either called it, or is closer to what they called it, in their own language anyways. Not to mention this whole site, and this news article is in English. This peeves me.

That's what it is called for the MAL entry, this news keeps consistent to that.

Feb 5, 2012 8:46 PM

zansabarshadow said:
KrazyKobun said:

If Natsume Yuujinchou is not popular then why does it have four seasons?

Feb 5, 2012 9:24 PM

animelly said:
zansabarshadow said:
KrazyKobun said:

If Natsume Yuujinchou is not popular then why does it have four seasons?

Its called sarcasm. look it up.

KrazyKobun said:
mitamaking said:
KrazyKobun said:
zansabarshadow said:
KrazyKobun said:

Eden of the East is more "western" and I know of more people who actually watched it over Toradora. NIS licenses stuff that has a strong supporting fanbase, but their stuff aren't really popular in a universal or "easy money" sense. If that was the case then why Funi or Sentai hasn't grabbed any of their titles before them?

Eden is not more popular than Toradora. Toradora sold out the first vol. within days of the release over here same with Working!! if you haven't noticed. While Eden of the East did not. Don't get me wrong I love all those shows. But it really DOES NOT matter if a anime is western or not. Evangelion is FAR FROM western and it has sold more than Eden and Toradora combined and is hella more popular. It doesnt matter if a show is western for it to be popular over here. If that was true anime such as this and over 85% of anime wouldn't get licensed.
Modified by ariamachi, Feb 5, 2012 9:28 PM
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Find me on Final Fantasy XIV! IGN: Zaiga Heart (Aether Data Center - Faerie Server)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.