Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 23, 2008 1:39 PM

Apr 2008
So why do you hate code geass or atleast what is bad thing in code geass

I hate code geass it is way to overrated, characters are lame,story and everything else.
They gave clamp to do the design hahaha that is sad

I HATE CODE GEASS!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 2008 1:12 AM

Aug 2008
main character is the most overrated in history of anime, whole anime is too colorful and story is fuckin lame.

the bigest miss in anime world!
conclusion: this anime sucks. big.

Aug 24, 2008 2:10 AM
Mar 2008
It's not like I hate it but whole anime and main character are really overrated. I don't see anything special in them. Same with some other characters =/
Aug 24, 2008 2:39 AM
Jul 2008
Reasons please. _Reasons_ . Otherwise, what you're saying is just bullshit.
Aug 24, 2008 2:44 AM

Apr 2008
we gave you the reasons

I HATE CODE GEASS!
Aug 24, 2008 3:00 AM

May 2008
Well CG is watchable (kinda.... at least the opening....)
but R2 is too colorful, story is unrealistic
(every second character has geass, WTF O.o,
flying bases and so on....)

And art is lame....
To me....
I mean anorexic character..... O.o

It`s not that anime is lame....
But it`s HUGELY overrated.....
Aug 24, 2008 3:31 AM

Apr 2008
ok...my turn

there isn't nothing special in the story...i dont like to repeat what ppl say but i must agree with everyone here...the story was too overrated and i didn't like charachters, maybe becouse they werent developed enough as i thought they going to be...it was just too boring to watch

oh well that's it
Aug 24, 2008 3:38 AM

Apr 2008
Grave 7 run away he is scared
you cant face the power of hating code geass

I HATE CODE GEASS!
Aug 24, 2008 5:28 AM

Aug 2008
Grave7 said:

back off
and get profile and forum picture
you look too lame like this.

Aug 24, 2008 5:32 AM

Apr 2008
MeisterNo874 said:
Grave7 said:

back off
and get profile and forum picture
you look too lame like this.

That`s the spirit!

I HATE CODE GEASS!
Aug 24, 2008 5:40 AM

Aug 2008
Grave7 said:

oh yeah if you wanna post in this topic, join the club.

otherwise, i already said it. back off smartass.

Aug 24, 2008 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
I hate code geass because it seems too much like death note. The plot, the main character. It seems to unoriginal. Also It just never seemed to get my interest (well that one episode with the cat stealing lelouch's helmet did. hehe stupid lelouch) Not only that I can't stand animes that keep me confused and this one definitely did (of course that might be just me. I can be pretty slow at understanding things at times ^^*)

Aug 25, 2008 11:50 AM
Dec 2006
Horrid plotting, noodle-people, etc.

The character designs are insanely ugly, and I fail to see why the show needs robots, the convoluted political fantasty crap is enough.
Aug 25, 2008 11:56 AM

Apr 2008
yo man you rock welcome
^________^

I HATE CODE GEASS!
Aug 25, 2008 12:16 PM

Apr 2008
As you have seen...I am the captive Code Geass fan in here...And I like it...And Also...I'm a real life friend of Nijo and mitija...
Must say that I like this club also, and that I find it a lot of fun...

Also, I accept the offer to make banners and pics...!
Aug 25, 2008 12:33 PM

Apr 2008
that is the warning for all CG fans in the world
^___________^
we kick ass

I HATE CODE GEASS!
Aug 26, 2008 12:09 AM
Aug 2008
story is too stupid and overrated
:D
Aug 26, 2008 5:01 PM
Dec 2007
cause it's a cheap rip-off of Death Note & Gundam SEED. also the whole story is LAME... sigh, i can't believe that such crap is in the top anime list. peoples standers have fallen these days....-____-"
Oct 24, 2008 11:43 AM

Apr 2008
I love Code Geass.

But here is my story.

After watching it, R1 & R2, that left me heart broken. It is seventh day and I cannot recover from this anime. I have too many feelings to decide whether I hate this anime or not.
But one thing I know is: DO NOT WATCH IT unless you posses more IQ then 40.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Nov 2, 2008 7:41 PM

Dec 2007
My reason doesnt seem that valid, but its only cuz the characters were designed by the all hating and all evil...CLAMP *rages about CLAMP's evilness and stupidity* anyways, i attempted to watch it... never even started cuz i knew it wasnt gonna be good. >|
Dec 3, 2008 6:03 PM
Aug 2008
The reason I dislike it is the deus ex machina feel of the story. Every time the protagonist starts to get ahead a twist sets him back. Every time someone important is about to die some big twist comes in to save them.

Now don't get me wrong the first season was decent, the plot was coherent, and the pacing of the series wasn't horrible. S1 had its flaws don't get me wrong, it was nowhere near art. However the second season came around and suddenly they had a geass canceler and everyone started getting these special powers.
Dec 7, 2008 5:47 PM

Dec 2008
^^ I love Code Geass but that's my major complaint too.

On a different note.. People seem to say that Code Geass just copied other anime and was unoriginal...but honestly I'm hard pressed to find an anime that combines a political feel with good action. The more the better is what I say.
Dec 13, 2008 9:02 AM

Mar 2008
AWFULLY OVERRATED SERIES (note that my hate is mostly aimed at R2, I thought season 1 was decent, though the truth is, R2 ruined the whole thing anyway)
- the main character is probably the most overrated character ever (though Kamina from TTGL is pretty close imo)
- the art sucks (anorexic characters with kinda weird faces)
- the plot twists in R2 were RIDICULOUS ("OMG NUNNALLY OPENED HER EYES WOOOOW!", "LULU ISN'T EVIL AFTER ALL, I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!)
- there were many characters that were introduced just to die a pathetic death without ever contributing to the plot
- Disney castle was lame
- FANSERVICE GALORE
- one of the most popular characters actually just eats pizza most of the time
- another extremely popular character is so popular mostly because of her bewbs
- some characters seem cool at the beginning, but then don't get any screentime anyway; well, there was very little character development in the show, to be honest
- did I mention ridiculous plot twists? ROFL.
- and you have no idea how I hated it when I saw Geass on almost every MAL user's profile for so many months; DPs, profile themes, faves... As if suddenly there were no other anime D:
- RURUUUUUCHUUUU
- lame romance or something kinda like romance lulz
- lots of yaoi fangirl bait (note: I don't mind BL as long as it makes sense, here it was ONLY yaoi fangirl bait, nothing meaningful AT ALL. Suddenly you get a character like Rolo that loves his "nii-san" in a creepy way or Gino hanging on Suzaku's shoulders whenever he gets the chance)
- YES MY LORDO!
- the mecha, so colorful, yet totally uninteresting
- annoying characters (Nina, Rolo and moar...)

Oh well, enough for now lulz.
ArianaDec 13, 2008 9:17 AM

Dec 24, 2008 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
The character disighns are horrible

The story line is stupid

(just like alot of people) Its to colerful

the characters are to tall and skinny and they have pionty sholders and elbows. People dont really look loke that
Jan 16, 2009 6:40 AM
Mar 2008
Why do people not like Code Geass?
Cliches. Such as:
Yaoi bait
Fanservice
Mecha
Twists
Ambiguious ending
Best friends turned enemies
Bright colors that mix oh so well with the 'dark' plot
Some world changing event that happened ~10 years ealier

Death Note 2. It has a nut job trying to take over the world. With magical powers. And yaoi slash

Fanserive. I already said this, but have you seen the posters?

Clamp. They proboly hired them just to draw in most females aged 13-35. I miss the days of Chobits.

Why is it good? Cliches and mecha and god powers and yaoi and hot girls, all of which spam most anime nowadays anyway, but somehow, when all put togther, it makes the best show this side of Eva to the masses.

I take that back. Eva was good. But it's old, and I have yet to talk to a code geass fan that has watched all of Eva. Or almost any. Classics are called that for a reason.
Jan 30, 2009 5:21 PM

Jan 2008
Well, Code Geass is good. It might not be best, it my be overrated, but with animu... it's as far as you can get. I watched quite a number of animus myself, and CG is still one of the bast. But what I despise the most it's retarded fanbase that has it all waaay too wrong. But let's begin with something else, shall we?
Meister874 said:
story is fuckin lame.

It isn't. It has lot's of good points (from where did authors stole them I'll tell you later), and it's much more than your typical "good vs. evil" bullshit, but overall it's still fucking retarded... just like about every other anime.

Tina-chan said:
It's not like I hate it but whole anime and main character are really overrated. I don't see anything special in them. Same with some other characters =/

Main character ain't that bad. Lelouch is somewhat evil, but that's good for him. It's much more better than thousands of all the white-knightish-do-gooders.

Nijo said:

It's fun to watch though. With experiences from R1 i never expected too much realism in R2, but still it was fun. But I agrre, it is unrealistic (still better than story in many other animus though).

Syb3rStrife said:
I hate code geass because it seems too much like death note. The plot, the main character. It seems to unoriginal.

It is, I'll tell you why later. But for you to say that's because of Death Note... it's fucking stupid.

Syb3rStrife said:
Also It just never seemed to get my interest (well that one episode with the cat stealing lelouch's helmet did. hehe stupid lelouch) Not only that I can't stand animes that keep me confused and this one definitely did (of course that might be just me. I can be pretty slow at understanding things at times ^^*)

I can't say much more than "Enjoy your InuYasha and Naruto"

BerserkFan said:
cause it's a cheap rip-off of Death Note & Gundam SEED. also the whole story is LAME

Hahaha, you have no fucking idea what the fuck you are talking about. (will be shown why later). Story is at leats good. Authors may have failed to show it properly though.

ShikibuMurasaki said:
The reason I dislike it is the deus ex machina feel of the story. Every time the protagonist starts to get ahead a twist sets him back. Every time someone important is about to die some big twist comes in to save them.

Now don't get me wrong the first season was decent, the plot was coherent, and the pacing of the series wasn't horrible. S1 had its flaws don't get me wrong, it was nowhere near art. However the second season came around and suddenly they had a geass canceler and everyone started getting these special powers.

I agree competely. Whole R2 is one Deus Ex Machina after another. I seriously didn't know what to think about Orange turning LOYAL or Nunnaly surviving.

Renegade765 said:

On a different note.. People seem to say that Code Geass just copied other anime and was unoriginal...but honestly I'm hard pressed to find an anime that combines a political feel with good action. The more the better is what I say.

I'm just about to get there, to One Anime To Rule Them All...

You know Legend of the Galactic Heroes? That very old anime that somehow stays on the top of MAL Top List? This was the source of inspiration to CG authors (though they failed horribly). I first watched CG, and EVERYTHING that was good and pure i found later in LoGH. Protagonist has sister that was horrribly treated by the Emperor? LoGH did it.

A charcters is making himself object of hatred by, apparently, everyone else, for the greater good? And sacrificing himself for that? Nope, Lelouch is not first. Oberstein did it, and may the Satan himself rape me with a stick if he weren't so much better at it than Lelouch. Lelouch accidently commanded a massacre and made propaganda profit from it (hi Euphie)? Oberstein did it. Deliberately. Hell, he even got order from the Emperor but he lied to him and disobeyed it anyway. And compare stadium with whole fucking planet and tell me now who's more badass (and who's a ripoff).

Protagonis swore vengeance upon the Emperor for doing horrible things to his sister? LoGH did it, and much better - Lelouch is driven by vengeance by whole fucking series, but apparently Reinhard von Lohengramm from LoGH sees this as motive for, i dunno, couple of hours? And he is just a kid then. I mean, he still loves her but his motives EVOLVE from simple vengeance to hatred to nobles (for their happy lives in times of war, their families not participating in ongoing war, they lack of understanding of common man problems, just to name few), to despisal for the political system he lives in, finally to hatred to the founder of this rotten country - and trust me, I am generalizing here. What does Lelouch have? "I luv my sister so I'll abandon the battlefield cuz something might happen to her?"

Damn, most of the battles are ripped off from LoGH too. I mean - baiting the enemy into the base of a volcano? Doesn't it sound quite like "baiting the enemy into the range of Thor's Hammer"? (Thor's Hammer is a giant cannon mounted on Iserlohn Fortress). Triggering a landslide to engulf the enemy in mud? Quite like "Igniting the atmosphere to engulf the enemy in fire" (Battle in Legnica's atmosphere from one of LoGH movies). Besides, can Lelouch use anything beside terrain haxes?

That's another thing: Lelouch is no fucking tactical genious, okay? All he can do is use geass and terrainhaxes. And using overpowered mechas is not a tactic. Any admiral under Lohengramm's rule is more capapble than Lelouch can dream of. And battles are much more exciting from tactical and strategical viewpoints in LoGH (hell, we even have one battle when one side delivers a crushing tactical defeat to the enemy but is given a crushing strategical defeat in the meantime). Sure, battles are more flashy and sparkly in Code Geass, but in LoGH they are much more satysfying. And bloody. And I'm talking here about fucking brains on the floor and people trying to gather their guts from the floor back inside and people without half of their bodies trying to crawl away somewhere safe. How much bloody violence there is in CG?

Next point - characters. These are not well developed characters, okay? I only like Lelouch, Orange and MadMao are fine too, but rest of them... God, how I hate Suzaku - I've never seen such an idiot in my life. All the other characters seems to simply not have anything interesting in them. Wan't some well developed characters? Watch LoGH. Another thing: Actually, how many characters die in Code Geass? Does any main character die before the last few episodes? I can't remember too many, and because CG is about WAR i think that's fucking stupid. Now think about why LoGH author was nicknamed "Mass Murderer". Yup, main characters die. You don't know who, you don't know when and you don't know how. That's how it's supposed to be. No Deus Ex Machina, no supermechs saving your life, no coming back from the dead (hi Nunnaly). You die, it's fucking over. And who's the worst character in LOGH? Whoever it is, they're better than Code Geass' entire cast.

Politics - In Code Geass we have none. We have fairy tale bullshit. Whole evacuation of millions of Zero's from japan is just... i can't even laugh at it. Watch LoGH for some real goddamn politics.

And mecha: overpowered, overused complete and utter bullshit. Why they can't use some fucking tanks for Christ sake instead? Without supermechs and plotarmor CG would be so much better. (do I have to mention that in LoGH there is no mecha, no plotarmor, and a battle with 400.000 lives lost is considered small-scale? Oh, and there is no magic too)

Now, don't get me wrong. I have CG in favourites because it's still one of the best animes I've ever seen. I just hate it because it steals A LOT from probably the best anime in existence, but fails to do it right. More, it fails to do it medciocre. Hell, it fails to even fail properly.

And that's what I have against Code Geass: poor ripoff of one of the greatest achievments in animation industry. And the fanbase that think it is original. And anyone that thinks it's a Death Note ripoff. And any fucktard that thinks Tytania is Code Geass ripoff (god, I hate those fags the most). And the retarded fanbase that thinks in
Code Geass anyone has even moderate understanding of tactics and strategy. There. Is. No. Fucking. Tactics. There. Lelouch can't even do ANYTHING if something in battle goes differently than he anticipated, everything get's fucked up then. Lelouch only wins battles because of magickal eyez. And that's the only way he could become the Emperor, unlike some LoGH character who crowned himself a motherfucking Emperor. He did it through blood, sweat and tears, not because some thousand years old tart gave him magical powers.

Well, that will be all. You can now troll Geassfags by saying that their beloved "masterpiece" is just one of the poorest and failest rippofs ever made of one of the greatest shows ever made. It fails at ripping off plot, characters and ideas. And you will be 100% right while doing that.

While writing this post I decided afterall to remove CG drom my fav list. God, that felt good.
kilmindaroJan 30, 2009 5:38 PM
I had fun once and it was awful.
Feb 15, 2009 5:10 PM

Jan 2009
Okay, my problems for Code Geass isn't as bad as my problem for the main character. Right from the beginning I was freaking annoyed by lelouch. I don't hate the show yet, so I won't join this club but I do hate Lelough and I understand what people are getting at. How cocky can this guy be. Come on. He comes on as a smart, cool, rebelious, light Yagami wannabe. As soon as he sat down to play chess in the first episode and moved the king first, I was like, what a douche bag. He tries to show how cool he is by making stupid moves like that. Maybe I will join this club. When I finish the show I'll find out.
StubsFeb 15, 2009 5:15 PM

Criticker|Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,|Last.fm
the things you are, and the things you never want to lose.

Jul 12, 2009 4:53 PM
Jun 2009
That
kilmindaro said:
Well, Code Geass is good. It might not be best, it my be overrated, but with animu... it's as far as you can get. I watched quite a number of animus myself, and CG is still one of the bast. But what I despise the most it's retarded fanbase that has it all waaay too wrong. But let's begin with something else, shall we?
Meister874 said:
story is fuckin lame.

It isn't. It has lot's of good points (from where did authors stole them I'll tell you later), and it's much more than your typical "good vs. evil" bullshit, but overall it's still fucking retarded... just like about every other anime.

Tina-chan said:

Main character ain't that bad. Lelouch is somewhat evil, but that's good for him. It's much more better than thousands of all the white-knightish-do-gooders.

Nijo said:

It's fun to watch though. With experiences from R1 i never expected too much realism in R2, but still it was fun. But I agrre, it is unrealistic (still better than story in many other animus though).

Syb3rStrife said:
I hate code geass because it seems too much like death note. The plot, the main character. It seems to unoriginal.

It is, I'll tell you why later. But for you to say that's because of Death Note... it's fucking stupid.

Syb3rStrife said:
Also It just never seemed to get my interest (well that one episode with the cat stealing lelouch's helmet did. hehe stupid lelouch) Not only that I can't stand animes that keep me confused and this one definitely did (of course that might be just me. I can be pretty slow at understanding things at times ^^*)

I can't say much more than "Enjoy your InuYasha and Naruto"

BerserkFan said:
cause it's a cheap rip-off of Death Note & Gundam SEED. also the whole story is LAME

Hahaha, you have no fucking idea what the fuck you are talking about. (will be shown why later). Story is at leats good. Authors may have failed to show it properly though.

ShikibuMurasaki said:

I agree competely. Whole R2 is one Deus Ex Machina after another. I seriously didn't know what to think about Orange turning LOYAL or Nunnaly surviving.

Renegade765 said:

I'm just about to get there, to One Anime To Rule Them All...

You know Legend of the Galactic Heroes? That very old anime that somehow stays on the top of MAL Top List? This was the source of inspiration to CG authors (though they failed horribly). I first watched CG, and EVERYTHING that was good and pure i found later in LoGH. Protagonist has sister that was horrribly treated by the Emperor? LoGH did it.

A charcters is making himself object of hatred by, apparently, everyone else, for the greater good? And sacrificing himself for that? Nope, Lelouch is not first. Oberstein did it, and may the Satan himself rape me with a stick if he weren't so much better at it than Lelouch. Lelouch accidently commanded a massacre and made propaganda profit from it (hi Euphie)? Oberstein did it. Deliberately. Hell, he even got order from the Emperor but he lied to him and disobeyed it anyway. And compare stadium with whole fucking planet and tell me now who's more badass (and who's a ripoff).

Protagonis swore vengeance upon the Emperor for doing horrible things to his sister? LoGH did it, and much better - Lelouch is driven by vengeance by whole fucking series, but apparently Reinhard von Lohengramm from LoGH sees this as motive for, i dunno, couple of hours? And he is just a kid then. I mean, he still loves her but his motives EVOLVE from simple vengeance to hatred to nobles (for their happy lives in times of war, their families not participating in ongoing war, they lack of understanding of common man problems, just to name few), to despisal for the political system he lives in, finally to hatred to the founder of this rotten country - and trust me, I am generalizing here. What does Lelouch have? "I luv my sister so I'll abandon the battlefield cuz something might happen to her?"

Damn, most of the battles are ripped off from LoGH too. I mean - baiting the enemy into the base of a volcano? Doesn't it sound quite like "baiting the enemy into the range of Thor's Hammer"? (Thor's Hammer is a giant cannon mounted on Iserlohn Fortress). Triggering a landslide to engulf the enemy in mud? Quite like "Igniting the atmosphere to engulf the enemy in fire" (Battle in Legnica's atmosphere from one of LoGH movies). Besides, can Lelouch use anything beside terrain haxes?

That's another thing: Lelouch is no fucking tactical genious, okay? All he can do is use geass and terrainhaxes. And using overpowered mechas is not a tactic. Any admiral under Lohengramm's rule is more capapble than Lelouch can dream of. And battles are much more exciting from tactical and strategical viewpoints in LoGH (hell, we even have one battle when one side delivers a crushing tactical defeat to the enemy but is given a crushing strategical defeat in the meantime). Sure, battles are more flashy and sparkly in Code Geass, but in LoGH they are much more satysfying. And bloody. And I'm talking here about fucking brains on the floor and people trying to gather their guts from the floor back inside and people without half of their bodies trying to crawl away somewhere safe. How much bloody violence there is in CG?

Next point - characters. These are not well developed characters, okay? I only like Lelouch, Orange and MadMao are fine too, but rest of them... God, how I hate Suzaku - I've never seen such an idiot in my life. All the other characters seems to simply not have anything interesting in them. Wan't some well developed characters? Watch LoGH. Another thing: Actually, how many characters die in Code Geass? Does any main character die before the last few episodes? I can't remember too many, and because CG is about WAR i think that's fucking stupid. Now think about why LoGH author was nicknamed "Mass Murderer". Yup, main characters die. You don't know who, you don't know when and you don't know how. That's how it's supposed to be. No Deus Ex Machina, no supermechs saving your life, no coming back from the dead (hi Nunnaly). You die, it's fucking over. And who's the worst character in LOGH? Whoever it is, they're better than Code Geass' entire cast.

Politics - In Code Geass we have none. We have fairy tale bullshit. Whole evacuation of millions of Zero's from japan is just... i can't even laugh at it. Watch LoGH for some real goddamn politics.

And mecha: overpowered, overused complete and utter bullshit. Why they can't use some fucking tanks for Christ sake instead? Without supermechs and plotarmor CG would be so much better. (do I have to mention that in LoGH there is no mecha, no plotarmor, and a battle with 400.000 lives lost is considered small-scale? Oh, and there is no magic too)

Now, don't get me wrong. I have CG in favourites because it's still one of the best animes I've ever seen. I just hate it because it steals A LOT from probably the best anime in existence, but fails to do it right. More, it fails to do it medciocre. Hell, it fails to even fail properly.

And that's what I have against Code Geass: poor ripoff of one of the greatest achievments in animation industry. And the fanbase that think it is original. And anyone that thinks it's a Death Note ripoff. And any fucktard that thinks Tytania is Code Geass ripoff (god, I hate those fags the most). And the retarded fanbase that thinks in
Code Geass anyone has even moderate understanding of tactics and strategy. There. Is. No. Fucking. Tactics. There. Lelouch can't even do ANYTHING if something in battle goes differently than he anticipated, everything get's fucked up then. Lelouch only wins battles because of magickal eyez. And that's the only way he could become the Emperor, unlike some LoGH character who crowned himself a motherfucking Emperor. He did it through blood, sweat and tears, not because some thousand years old tart gave him magical powers.

Well, that will be all. You can now troll Geassfags by saying that their beloved "masterpiece" is just one of the poorest and failest rippofs ever made of one of the greatest shows ever made. It fails at ripping off plot, characters and ideas. And you will be 100% right while doing that.

While writing this post I decided afterall to remove CG drom my fav list. God, that felt good.

That was fucking beautiful.
Nov 13, 2009 8:26 PM

Jan 2009
Well well, discussing these things are always interesting.
Yes, I really like Code Geass, it is in fact my favorite anime series (I am ready to get shot now).
But as I do with almost everything in my life, I have a HUGE Love/Hate relationship with it.

So as much as I love Gayass, I also hate it with a burning passion.

First off, yes, the character designs. CLAMP have always had an inability to draw men. It is horrible. The faces look great, but they have absolutely no talent in drawing bodies. It doesn't even make sense.

Characters. Okay so. Nunnally, Nina and Shirley are some of the most annonying and absolutely enraging characters to have ever been created. OH GOD.
But other than that, most of the characters are tolerable, and some are pretty amazing. And that is NOT counting Rurushu.

MAKING FREAKIN CHARACTERS SUFFER AND DIE. FOR NOTHING. IT IS SO PAINFUL AND STUPID. I hate Gayass for making me cry for about 80% of the episodes. UGH!

And finally. Do you think I care to see CC, Kallen, Villeta and Cornelia's cleavage and occasional booty EVERY SINGLE EPISODE!???? DO YOU THINK I CARE!???? I DON'T!
People complain about the occasional yaoi fanservice (Yes, I am guilty of falling for it) but FREAKIN no one complains about the girls. If it happened 2, 5, 10 times during the series I wouldn't mind so much... But too much is too much.

I still love Gayass tho =)
Mar 8, 2010 11:18 AM
Sep 2009
I'm currently watching Code Geass and I H-A-T-E IT! DDD: And not because that I find the story boring. Rather I hate the whole political fights. They have no development at all. Going round in circles to make more episodes. ;o
Nobody knows what he wants, neither Lelouch, nor Suzaku. Suzaku was like: "I want to protect people, not to kill them"...and then he changes to "I'll kill my best friend...FTW? o.O And not only that, he handed him to the Emperor at the end of 1st season D:
And Lelouch wanted to avenge the death of his mother, but he didn't have to kill both his sisters, right? >.< And what's with "almost every person out there has got a Geass in R2" Like they are sold at the nearby shop.
Well, I've gotta admit that Suzaku and now Lelouch are the anime characters that I hate the most, in all animes I've ever watched.
Mar 19, 2010 3:30 PM

Feb 2008
I'm lazy, I won't waste time trying to explain why this thing is just a mockery of anything related to psychology, politics, battle strategy, biology, relationships and common sense. Why do I hate it? Simple - you don't follow the story, the story follows you. You and every stupid thing you've ever liked in a story and for some reason decides that - the more the merrier - let's just mix everything and see what happens! It's not absolutely necessary for the result to make any sense, right? ^.^
Mar 23, 2010 4:45 PM
Mar 2010
i don't know, is crap!
Apr 8, 2010 9:27 AM
May 2009
'cos it sucks.
Jun 7, 2010 9:55 AM
May 2010
Because they took Death Note, added mecha, school life, multicolored outfits, fanservice and in short, a bit from every genre, and thought that no one would notice that it's a ripoff. Now, I'm not even a Death Note fan and see various flows in it. I would've even ignored the fact that Code Geass just copied everything if they did it properly, but they seem to have forgotten that the overly drammatic scenes and characters with twisted morality aren't the best thing about Death Note. So instead of a stable plot with almost no plot holes and relatively intelligent themes, they made that idiotic... thing.
♠ ♥ Love and Lollipops ♦ ♣
Jun 11, 2010 6:48 AM

Jul 2008
PureMorning said:
Because they took Death Note, added mecha, school life, multicolored outfits, fanservice and in short, a bit from every genre, and thought that no one would notice that it's a ripoff. Now, I'm not even a Death Note fan and see various flows in it. I would've even ignored the fact that Code Geass just copied everything if they did it properly, but they seem to have forgotten that the overly drammatic scenes and characters with twisted morality aren't the best thing about Death Note. So instead of a stable plot with almost no plot holes and relatively intelligent themes, they made that idiotic... thing.

It's also a ripoff of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Jun 15, 2010 8:08 PM
Jun 2008
oh why KLAC really don't like this Abomination/CANCER/GARBAGE/DISEASE called geass from let see

1.the LIES really how much are there?

2.the "victims" really how many lives were lost include innocient such as euphie & shirley.

3.hiding the truth really how much more truth to hides?

4.too many WTFH twists etc really too confuse.

5.is "he" alive oh come i know that sword is a trick & othere knew about "it"

overall i got many more reasons but like i a said i HATE geass & only way i ok on it IF they RESTART/REBOOT it or yet new story with time travel to really "SAVE" it.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jul 14, 2010 2:54 PM

Dec 2008
The story is a giant train wreck. Once something good happens, somebody just has to ruin it. I've watched the entire 1st season, didn't enjoy it at all. The characters are very unlikeable, Lelouch is overrated, don't understand why people like him so much. Shirley is stupid and annoying. C.C. doesn't seem to have much of a personality, I also don't understand why people like her. Suzaku (in my opinion) is one of the stupidest characters in the entire show.
Jul 16, 2010 6:30 AM
Jun 2008
yea this a really a FLOP anime cause of it's LIES, CHEATS, DESCEPTION, TRICKEY, MANIPUALTE, ETC yet it has fooled lots of anime to side with an abomination called geass.

heck if ever i meet that goro director i would beat the crap out of him till i get my SAVE/REMAKE version this time with none of those "events" happen & also SAVE the series itself.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 3, 2010 9:23 AM

Oct 2009
Oh well, honestly, I don't hate CG... I just REALLY don't like it:
- awfull charas desing
- don't get plot... if there is one
- fanservices
- and seiyuus.

What I hate?
It's one of the most overrated series! Ppl said that is soo deep seires and they connetc it with DN and said Lulu is similiar to Light... really, for me Light was great charcter (ok. I don't like him, but I have some respcet for him). And Lulu? He's impersonal.
And another thing- if someone doeasn't like CG is attacked by its fans... =.='
Sep 29, 2010 4:18 AM
Jun 2008
i hate as well so much that is abomination of anime aka geass

really that series is most disgusting of them all OVER-RATED, trainwreck, disaster, backstab, lying, innocient lost lives, evil, etc that IF ever i see those people who created geass series well then i would beating them to a bloody mess so far i destroy them inside the HE!! IN A CELL cage with using a steel chair, lead pipe, shovel, chains whip, barbed wire baseball bat, & the SLEDGEHAMMER.

even if those i would even light up the barbed wire baseball bat to a flaming version so far till i get one thing to make it sure have it's REMAKE/RESTART the geass to prevent all of those events & get the REAL GOODY happy ending to make sure it's SAVED.

(p.s. this is LEGIT sayin i will do it IF i did meet those who created that "abomination anime").
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
Feb 27, 2011 3:52 PM

Aug 2007
Mechas have no point in existing in the the CG universe, ugly, ugly character designs. Shallow and uninteresting, it tries too hard to be DEATH NOTE.

What I dislike more then the show, is it's fanbase. They're not very intelligent. I've taken baths that were deeper then Geass's plot twist.

Mar 1, 2011 11:26 AM
Jul 2008
It overrated ans the ending suck. It fail as a mecha show.
Apr 15, 2011 7:26 PM

Apr 2011
It is not so much as hate, but it did not meet my expectations. Looking over is high ranking and great reviews I decided I might give it a try. It was boring.
Code Geass is an anime that tries to be too many things in a short period of time. It was rather well done but too much genres made it run out of place. Like a Jack-of-all-trades. Looking back at Code Geass there is nothing I can remember it for. I can't say it is my favorite mecha, romance, action, drama, mystery, or even comedy anime. Basically, everything done there was done better elsewhere. Nothing it did was new. The overhyped main character relies too much on his geass. He lacked any skill. His name does not even deserve to be listed.
Note: After seeing the comparison to LoGH I lost even more respect. Code Geass is completely unoriginal.
"Reality is a story the minds tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic fringes"
Apr 18, 2011 6:46 AM

Jan 2010
Why do I hate Code Geass? How do I even begin this?

-Fugly character designs. I have a love/hate relationship with CLAMP's art. Unfortunately, I hate most of CG's character art. It is nearly as blinding as Magic Knight Rayearth's character art.

-Terrible voice-acting in both Japanese and English. Nearly every character talks like they just smoked a ton of crack. Oh, also, this is the only thing I have ever seen where Johnny Yong Bosch, Crispin Freeman, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn all sounded like complete shit. Congratulations, CG! Not even Bandai could dub this well!

-Insane amount of sexual fanservice. Not only is it absolutely unnecessary, there is also this to factor in: insane amount of sexual fanservice + fugly character art = DO NOT WANT!!!!

-If Lelouch really wanted to overthrow Britannia, he could've used his Geass to have people assassinate the VIPs of Britannia, thus throwing the empire into disarray. He is not pragmatic like, say, Light Yagami. As such, I find his brilliance grossly exaggerated.

-The entire show is schizophrenic. One moment, characters are describing the evils of prejudice. Next moment, schoolgirl bewb shots lol! One moment, there is discussion of imperialism, and its effects on the people. Next scene? Wacky unfunny hijinx! The show lacks focus and proper direction is what I'm saying.

But you know what the saddest part is? CG is actually built upon a very solid concept. For all intents and purposes, it should've been a good show, maybe even a fantastic one. But Sunrise saw fit to cater to the lowest common denominator instead, resulting in one of the worst television programs I have ever witnessed. And mind you, I have only seen the first 8 episodes of the first season; I can't tolerate anymore than that. I think this is the only franchise I've seen where there are just as many haters as there are genuine fans. But the truth is, anyone with common sense could not enjoy CG, unless if they are mocking it.

Oh, lastly, YOU CANNOT MAKE A MOVE IN CHESS THAT PLACES YOUR OWN KING IN CHECK! THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT!
"Simply by the presence of butthurt, this level of reasoning is possible for Furudo Erika. What do you think, everyone?"
Aug 11, 2011 9:20 AM
Jun 2008
give whole blah of new ge@$$ project in winter time here 10 things i give more dislike on it till it's SAVED.

10.it will NEVER & i mean ever match the era of GS cause still GS era is true era on 2000s generation.

9.whole r2 is a TRAINWRECK cause lots of filler characters, endless twist, hiding the TRUTH, etc really is not good watch.

8.ge@$$ whole CAKE is a total LIAR to eat.

7."he" faked his death to hid from all booing from anti-geass people that WE know real truth.

6.that if we ever find "him" we go NEXUS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA-271GIsZU on all ge@$$.

5.only did it for the $$$ & ratings to take it all & screw us.

4.that we know ge@$$ is NOT awesome & that this our mood on it http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wp-content/uploads//10939/10939.png

3.whole blah blah on it is even worse than michael cole http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/170/332/Cole_crop_340x234.jpg?1301880102

2.it's a jealous, lying, yandere, murdering the hypotenuse, rip-off, over-rated, etc that we want Yandere Goddess to destroy ge@$$.

1.it's like the JOHN CENA http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hz_0g9dO5R0/TH6D6mQNyYI/AAAAAAAACyc/Xi091DgyX_g/s1600/john+cena+invicto.jpg of anime yea we RIOT http://psd-dreams.de/data/thumbnails/246/If_Cena_Wins_We_Riot_Sign.jpg it till it's SAVED.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
Aug 11, 2011 7:13 PM

Jul 2011
Watched the first episode, I cried. It was a perfect waste of time, and besides, I really hate bandwagoning also. Most of the "popular" anime I hate but that's just me.
Even Death has a heart
It's okay to spin around and around in the same place. Just so long as you're singing your heart out.
THAT's what life's all about.

Feb 7, 2012 3:56 PM

Feb 2009
i tell you what i love about Code Gaess,

the butthurt tears when you tell a CG fan their gay little eye piece is a bird.

or when you point out the fact that they stole all their material from Guilty Crown.

or when you tell them the truth about lelouch being a lesbian.
Jun 7, 2012 7:46 AM

Aug 2011
because the anime is so unbelievably overrated, Ledouche is my most HATED anime character in existence. He almost killed the whole anime for me, the mecha elements are retarded.

It's just a flat out horrific anime and I'm glad to be one of the people who know it's just plain garbage.
Jul 6, 2012 10:14 AM

Jun 2010
To all those who say that CG is a copy of Death Note- Death Note came in 2007 while Code Geass came in 2006.
Get your facts straight.
Feb 8, 2013 3:14 AM
Jan 2013
it is a subgenre for an anime. A subcollection of tropes, cliches and rip-offs. Come on, is there any original in code geass??? Its a perfect example of commercial brutality everytime pizza hut uses the show as a commercial . What's more annoying when someone gets the funny idea that lelouch surpasses the characters his based on. ( I can name three to four characters where leouch was ripped from)

Goddamn it, what an overrated anime. It does not deserve any of the credits
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Code Geass Is Getting a Season 3?

removed-user - Oct 31, 2017

0 by removed-user »»
Oct 31, 2017 8:22 PM

» Mocking code geass

mitija - Aug 24, 2008

23 by Roth »»
Mar 9, 2015 11:00 AM

Poll: » most stupid code geass character

mitija - Aug 24, 2008

20 by Gikiseima »»
Sep 29, 2014 4:57 AM

» For all anti CG haters

Karisma - Aug 24, 2008

29 by udikii »»
Apr 8, 2010 9:34 AM

» my Recs

mitija - Aug 24, 2008

6 by udikii »»
Apr 8, 2010 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.