Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
Feb 11, 2012 9:48 AM

May 2011
Nooooooooooooooooooooo Hare is dead, I can't believe it. Didn't see it coming so suddenly tbh. I've always been rooting for Inori, but watching her die is just so :(. That last scene when she was saying her last words made me pretty emotional. Too bad her last wishes aren't going out the way she wanted and Shu is doing the complete opposite.

Shu flipping out and going crazy on the endwaves was cool, but the way he forcedthe void out of Inori was just fuck you. Its good hes taking control but ugh looks like hes gunna turn into a douchebag and implement that ranking system. Not liking where this is going. Damnit Souta he wasn't really gunna go with that ranking system in the first place, why you gotta go be reckless.
Feb 11, 2012 9:00 PM

May 2011
Dammit... Hare dies. I kinda liked Hare. It's a shame she fell for idiot Shoe who looks like he's really pissed now. Here's hoping this "king" stuff will be his dramatic fall.

Also, why can't they kill off Inori? Her only use is for that sword Shoe uses. She says 1-2 lines per episode and that's it!
Feb 11, 2012 10:53 PM
Jan 2008
wasted power on shu. definitely should not have killed off hare. should of stepped up earlier.
xhxFeb 11, 2012 10:56 PM
Feb 12, 2012 3:43 PM

Aug 2011
Dammit that Hare scene was too sad to watch. WHY does she have to die!

Then Shu raped Inori's void out of her! At least ask the emotionless sex object first before using her like that.

At least Shu will hopefully stop being a bitch and finally rule this kingdom (if only for an ep or two).
Feb 13, 2012 8:26 AM

Apr 2010
iCards said:
If episode 9 broke Shu, this demolished him.

Hare's death is probably one of the better death scenes I have seen recently. It felt really sincere and genuine for an anime. Much better than Yurin from Gundam Age; who, thanks to 32 years of Gundam knowledge, you knew she was going to die. To get across how well this was done, I was speechless during Hare's last moment, and Shu's following actions scared the heck out of me, not as much as he did Inori but still. Also, thanks to this episode, Souta you have some maturing to do before you are likable again.

To be honest I did not see a lot of the death flags as well as other viewers because Hare wasn't really any more involved than the other students unlike Shirley who kept getting mixed up in Geass and Black Knight matters.

On a side note: All of the hysteria in recent episodes is really making Guilty Crown feel more like an Araki anime.
Dude, don't bring spoilers from another anime into this, especially one people may be not caught up on. -_-
Feb 16, 2012 6:33 AM

Oct 2009
Could have avoided Hare's death if he would stop screwing around and break that damn wall already.
Feb 18, 2012 11:21 PM

Aug 2010
ALL HEIL MEIN SHUHRER

AWWW YEA NIGGAS
Feb 19, 2012 1:57 PM

May 2011
Okay, they killed Hare.
Watching Shirley die a second time sucks.
But, it's okay. At least Shu is now slated to die in the end... sigh.. Hare..

This seriously is officially on my hitlist.

Shu x Hare.
Feb 20, 2012 6:54 PM

Jul 2009
O_O WTF WAS THAT. OK, I'm gonna have to start at the beginning ... which was kind of meh with the whole list ranking thing and the shouting out loud. Gai must be still alive, with that guy who's playing chess with Segai ... also lame how Daryl likes Tsugumi? Seriously WTF, way to kill his character -_-"
THEN HARE. Oh my god you are awesome, Hare/Shu FTW XD Oh my god I don't understand WHY WOULD YOU KILL HER OFF?! Sure, of COURSE my favourite character has to die ... *sigh* WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!
Also hard to believe that the army people are so inept they can't shoot people who aren't even moving. SERIOUSLY, WHAT HAS TRAINING BECOME?!
Shu goes crazy ... well, that's to be predicted. Nice to see his power though - I would have liked to see him go crazy and kill that other guy or at least kill SOMEONE on his team, that would have been awesome! Except he just goes cold which I guess is OK too ... we'll see what happens next ;O
Props for the sound crew, really liked the piano melody as Hare was speaking her final words. Shame she had to go T_T
Feb 21, 2012 6:35 AM

Mar 2009
Remember that interview with the director or producer, where they talked about how the show isn't similar to Code Geass at all?

Well, honestly, I think they're liars.
Feb 22, 2012 5:37 PM

Nov 2007
I could tell from the beginning she was going to die. she was Shirley of Code Geass. the minute she knew who he was, she was doomed. there seemed to be heavy foreshadowing, with her confessing that she was going to die here.

when he went out with her in the jeep I was thinking ..... I don't want her to die and it's gonna be sad but it's kind of what this show needs. sure enough...... there she goes. he tried to save her but she ended up saving him.

and then exactly what I was hoping for. haha dude took stupid Inori's void by force and then destroyed those assholes.

the Inori/Shuu relationship sucked to begin with. wish it would just get dropped. the cripple girl fits him better. what the hell was with Inori going all NO DON'T TAKE MY VOID. every other time she practically begs him and he didn't they die. finally Shuu gets some balls.

at this point he's gotta do it. kill those murderers.

his friend had that coming, but wow beating the crap out of him was a bit extreme. the guy had no idea that would happen. the ranking system is stupid but they had no business going out there thinking their voids were like toys.

now Shuu, stay badass, avenge Hare, and slaughter them!
Feb 26, 2012 7:51 AM

Jun 2008
mystik said:

the Inori/Shuu relationship sucked to begin with. wish it would just get dropped. the cripple girl fits him better. what the hell was with Inori going all NO DON'T TAKE MY VOID. every other time she practically begs him and he didn't they die. finally Shuu gets some balls.

My thoughts exactly

And I was just starting to sympathize with Hare, Inori is annoying as fukk

Feb 27, 2012 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
I think I continued GC just to watch this episode.

It wasn't as bad as I thought. In fact, it's probably one of the few that actually made sense without spammed with plot holes. Though making Inori unconscious is highly debatable. Maybe because he forced it?

But man, another Shirley fiasco. So the evil tyrant thing begins eh?
Feb 27, 2012 8:34 PM

Sep 2008
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

I will now and forever be a Shu x Hare fan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2012 8:57 PM
Feb 2009
holy sht
Mar 2, 2012 1:10 AM

Apr 2009
evil shu? Oh yes. :-)
Mar 6, 2012 1:35 PM
Apr 2010
Sad that they killed off Hare. And I'm not sure if Shu's transformation was good. I mean "I'm gonna become a king, suckaz" is not like a rebel at all - rather it sounds like they're no different from GHQ. Turning badass doesn't necessarily have to make you a fucking cynical asshole as well.
Mar 7, 2012 7:03 AM

Jul 2009
Shoe wants to separate good from trash? he wants to be the king?

Strong words for such a pussy.
Mar 8, 2012 12:58 AM

Sep 2009
So sad.
And so well done for a death scene.
I don't see the correlation to Shirley at all, and it fees rather forced to try and say they are the same.

Thus far the second half of this series has been infinitely greater then the first half.
Mar 9, 2012 2:58 PM

Feb 2010
WTF DID I SAY LAST EPISODE.

Holy shit.

Has a Tyrant been born?
Mar 24, 2012 3:14 PM

Nov 2011
WTF. They killed Hare?!?!?!

Now, I'm platinum mad and wants to go Yuno on Daryl and his narcissistic ass.
Mar 29, 2012 1:59 AM

Sep 2011
Holy fkkk Shu has lost it! At the end reminded me of a Death Note/Code Geass moment. GO EVIL SHU! xD
Apr 1, 2012 4:12 AM

May 2008
Well that was intense.
Apr 3, 2012 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
o_o!?

Apr 4, 2012 4:09 AM

Jan 2010
why Hare???? why not Inori?! I'm sure if Inori died Shu will way more broken! Isn't it good?

If Inori died, Shu will be with Hare!

damn it!

Goodbye Hare... ;_;
Apr 13, 2012 4:58 AM

Mar 2009
Of all the characters.. why Hare..
Apr 14, 2012 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
Gut wrenching episode...
May 20, 2012 11:41 AM

Feb 2009
ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
May 21, 2012 8:54 AM

Feb 2010
Noooo........ Shirley cant die the second time!
Haha xD

Why are they giving away Geass spoilers in this show?
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
May 27, 2012 10:24 PM

Aug 2009
HOLY SHIT ! Watching the main characters turn evil is my favorite in anime!! I love when the director adds the ugliness of human being!
Also Ugly in Japanese is Minikui but it can also be said as "Shu". Maybe there is a connection?

CCCrazyFangirl said:
why Hare???? why not Inori?! I'm sure if Inori died Shu will way more broken! Isn't it good?

If Inori died, Shu will be with Hare!

damn it!

Goodbye Hare... ;_;

Indeed Inori would have made him more crazier but Im sure if hare was alive she would stop Shu from being evil. So to make things more interesting they killed off the most innocent character to cause the greatest chaos. AH I love it XD

On that note, Hare needs to revive to slap Shu again.
[right]

May 30, 2012 7:51 AM

May 2009
Okay, I saw Hare's death coming, but I still didn't want it to happen. TT__TT
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Jul 11, 2012 10:15 PM

Mar 2008
Oooh, intriguing development. Will raise my score one point, to three. Now all that needs to happen is for Inori to die. Which is very unlikely.
LumeuuJul 12, 2012 2:18 AM
Jul 26, 2012 12:10 AM
Jul 2012
I can't believe some people can actually come to the conclusion that Hare died because of Shu. It was mostly if not completely Souta's fault, Shu's indecisiveness had nothing to do with it.
Jul 26, 2012 5:14 PM

Jun 2011
This has to be one of the better episodes of GC. I think you guys are comparing it to Code Geass too much; granted, Hare's death was Shirley-like, but why would you let that detract from how well done it was?

I honestly liked how it was handled. There's some much needed redemption for the irresolute whimpering Shu's done in the last few episodes.
Jul 28, 2012 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
That was pretty hilarious XD.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 8, 2012 11:00 PM

Aug 2011
One of the few deaths of a good character that i felt absolutely nothing. It just felt bland the way they killed off Hare...but i did think it was necessary in a way. Shu finally cracks and i'm guessing it won't end well and someone is gonna knock him out of it.
Aug 8, 2012 11:16 PM
May 2012
Shuu ouma just lost it & Blame Souta!

Wrong move, kid...
Aug 19, 2012 11:19 AM
Mar 2012
Wow Shu has really become a badass, but i dont understand why inori was against shu taking her void, she was acting as if he was trying to rape her!
Aug 21, 2012 5:34 PM
Feb 2008
How is Souta dead last? He can literally open anything with his void including a giant red wall of death closing in on the school. I mean even he can't use it well himself Shu can as past episodes shown. I guess he is kinda retarded though so yeah...

And that explosion scene with Hare made no sense but whatever I guess. It sucked that she died since she was a much better person for Shu than Inori who's just a freak clone who does nothing aside from when the plot needs her to be the cure for that shitty Virus that apparently infects anything and everything

Speaking of which how come she isn't always near Shu? Her void is the only other good thing about her and Shu was taking out those mechas when he was a rookie. He should literally just go around slicing all of them up and clear the way for his allies to get supplies or something

I think it was really stupid that she was resisting when he tried to take the Void considering their situation and she had done 100s of times before. I know it's done for drama and to show he's no longer a nice guy (wimp!) but realistically it's not logical at all for her to resist. She really is one of the worst characters on the show.

I wonder if his mother is going to do something, they showed her last episode with some tech helmet thing...I don't know.
Oct 14, 2012 11:22 PM

Oct 2011
i really liked hare x shu
Oct 21, 2012 6:59 AM

Jul 2011
Hare's death is sooo tragic.... ;_;

WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 21, 2012 12:03 PM

Aug 2010
Oh f*ck one of my favourite character is dead (sad)
I cried a bit, but Shu changed, he's now stroger.
Oct 31, 2012 11:16 AM

Oct 2011
About time this anime got interesting. And the path to Hare's death was kinda obvious, but I was expecting some deus ex machina to revive her or something. Oh well.
Nov 10, 2012 9:33 PM

Oct 2012
I knew it! I freakin knew it! I saw this coming a mile away. I wanted to stop it, I really did. From the moment I saw Hare I knew she was another Shirley waiting to happen. Why does the writer feel the need to instill a sense of soul-crushing despair in me? I'm not happy with the show right now. I even less happy with Shu. I get the feeling things are about to get far worse before they get any better...
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Nov 18, 2012 4:33 PM
Nov 2012
Why Hare had to die T.T I know it was necessary but why... :[
Dec 18, 2012 8:56 AM

Oct 2009
Wait ... what? Is this show even still trying to be serious?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2013 3:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Even though I'm rewatching this, I still cried like no other when Hare died...and then when Shu became a crazy person. Okay, well, not really crazy, but he definitely did a huge face heel turn, as tvtropes call it. Stupid Souta and the others. They were naive and thought they could safely retrieve vaccines, but in reality, when there's real danger, they don't know what to do. I don't blame them for being scared and not be able to anything because I would be the same, but I blame them for being so naive.
Jan 3, 2013 12:51 PM

Aug 2012
Stupid bitch, she could have heal herself and then heal shu afterwards

Whatever
Jan 11, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2012
Fucking dramatic episode, damn Hare was one of my favorite characters! But damn now it's ON!!! He finally got serious took him a life of someone he loved to realize it!

Lol @ Void Rape!
Jan 17, 2013 6:54 AM
Nov 2012
lmfao void rape. Hare's death scene (supporting character) was sadder than gai's (main character). i like hare more than inori. soooo saaaadddd ;__;
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.