Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 5, 2012 12:24 AM

Jul 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ayh a bunch of chicks liek him btu it doesnt last that long, the girls are both smart enough to know when to quit and all of them do before the final arc is even in place of season 1 is in place.

That's like... every harem animu out there...?

akutasame94 said:
Second...

I am laughing.... In other words you are trolling... :D

Not this time. Usually I really don't like explaining jokes... But I'll make an exception since this one might be difficult to understand for 99% of humanity.

You see, why would someone try to talk sense to Keyfags? It's natural that they would rather beat the world record in fapping time than admit that they're favourite anime has flaws, is not that great (or is not great at all).

What a waste of time.

But, clannad is so boring, that doing that (talking to keyfags) is more fun than watching clannaids.

Voila! Now you get it?
Feb 5, 2012 1:40 AM

Dec 2009
orzel286 said:
You see, why would someone try to talk sense to Keyfags? It's natural that they would rather beat the world record in fapping time than admit that they're favourite anime has flaws, is not that great (or is not great at all).
?

You can use the same logic to LOGH fans. I'd like to see how you would react to people coming out with flaws in LOGH.
And just a reminder, I'm not a "keyfag" I enjoy the shows though.
Feb 5, 2012 2:21 AM

Sep 2011
@orzel286

And here I thought it was because of your LotGH rewatch.

But seriously I admit that if I would have just finished Clannad I wouldn't go watch Air or Kanon or something like that the next day. It would probably seem sort of boring to me. Furthermore watching something just to watch it, to be able to say "yes I have seen it" specially while watching in the same time my favourite series would pretty much make that show hard to watch because:
- I would have focus on my favourite show
- I would, maybe even unintentionally, comparing that show to my favourite (and I think it is a favourite for a reason)
- If it is a genre that I pretty much despise it would seem like a punishment ("come on faster, why do they always do the same thing, how much longer I have to bear it...dammit")
Feb 5, 2012 2:34 AM

Apr 2010
Comparing Clannad to generic harems. Ahhh I had a good laugh.
Feb 5, 2012 5:15 AM

Jul 2009
Sir_Lexa said:
flaws in LOGH.

Like what? It doesn't look good? It's old? 110 episodes? Too many characters? Too much talking? It's about politics? DEM SPACE BATTLES? These "flaws" have been talked through gazillion times already.
antonn said:
Comparing Clannad to generic harems. Ahhh I had a good laugh.

I had better - seeing someone who says that it's not a generic VN based harem... Please dude - you might unintentionally kill someone, too much laughs can be deadly.
Feb 5, 2012 5:24 AM

Aug 2011
orzel286 said:
Sir_Lexa said:
flaws in LOGH.

Like what? It doesn't look good? It's old? 110 episodes? Too many characters? Too much talking? It's about politics? DEM SPACE BATTLES? These "flaws" have been talked through gazillion times already.

The pacing is too slow, battles are confusing and sometimes stupid ("We've been cornered... IN SPACE!") and the dialogue gets confusing sometimes because there's so much of it.
Those you named aren't flaws, actually. They're just characteristics.

And I'm just being neutral, not taking sides. I haven't finished LoGH and I've never watched Clannad.
Feb 5, 2012 5:43 AM

Dec 2011
LoL... Some people just don't get it... :D
Feb 5, 2012 6:05 AM

Mar 2011
topic - "sooooo boring"
like a poet.
Feb 5, 2012 6:07 AM

Sep 2011
Tiago97 said:
orzel286 said:
Sir_Lexa said:
flaws in LOGH.

The pacing is too slow, battles are confusing and sometimes stupid ("We've been cornered... IN SPACE!") and the dialogue gets confusing sometimes because there's so much of it.

And I'm just being neutral, not taking sides. I haven't finished LoGH and I've never watched Clannad.

Thank you sir, I have both watched and loved LoGH and Clannad to be precise they're my top 2 ranked anime in my list. Only After story and LoGH scored a 10. And they both aren't perfect. Though in my opinion LoGH had less flaws, I enjoyed both a lot. And for the OP seeing how you loved AnoHana I think you schould give Clannad another try I think they're quite similar and leave you with the same feeling. While I kind of disliked the fuko arc I don't think you should skip anything it's still part of the story after all. If you really can't bring yourself to watch it again then don't but I don't see why you made this topic then. And I actually recommend rewatching Clannad after a while because at least for me it made it more emotional and I shed more tears the second time I watched it than the first time.
Feb 5, 2012 6:39 AM

Jan 2012
Naoki_katsura said:
so i'm not alone then.

You're not alone, I haven't liked Clannad either, even though I watched the whole first series when it was aired. I can see why some people favour it as it puts great, somewhat detailed emphasis on its characters and interactions, but the explosively emotional and overacted style it represents along with Air and Kanon didn't do justice for me, and I couldn't bring myself to care for the characters either. I can easily tolerate these kind of over-emotional storylines if the storyline and/or the characters are intriguing/interesting enough, but that wasn't the case with Clannad.

With that in mind:

waalex11 said:
So I'm gonna say this... your taste is fucked up then.

That's a nice way to acknowledge an opinion that is different than yours. /sarcasm
Feb 5, 2012 6:45 AM

Dec 2011
Dodgers20 said:
Naoki_katsura said:
so i'm not alone then.

You're not alone, I haven't liked Clannad either, even though I watched the whole first series when it was aired. I can see why some people favour it as it puts great, somewhat detailed emphasis on its characters and interactions, but the explosively emotional and overacted style it represents along with Air and Kanon didn't do justice for me, and I couldn't bring myself to care for the characters either. I can easily tolerate these kind of over-emotional storylines if the storyline and/or the characters are intriguing/interesting enough, but that wasn't the case with Clannad.

With that in mind:

waalex11 said:

That's a nice way to acknowledge an opinion that is different than yours. /sarcasm

People have different tastes... I am glad that someone here can accept other people opinion...

I am just starting After Story re-watch number 3 and I don't know how I'll put up with it... After Story is pretty much the same until episode 12 (if I remember correctly) than some good grown up Nagisa x Tomoya scenes and then your heart is going to break......

Anyway I quoted this in several topics, and I will quote it again...

Todd Douglass Jr. gave Clannad After Story a "Highly Recommended" rating, stating that "the range of emotions Clannad takes you through is quite daunting. It's charming, cute, hilarious, mysterious, and tragic all at the same time. Few shows are as memorable, and few are this good for this long." He concludes that the storytelling is "heartfelt" and "memorable in so many ways," and that "few shows rise to the levels this one does."

So it's not just the opinion of us keyfags (name orzel gave us)....
Feb 5, 2012 6:50 AM

Jul 2009
Tiago97 said:

("We've been cornered... IN SPACE!")

Well, you can get cornered in space - especially whe you have some funny "hole" thingy behind you :3 and as for
- let me put it like this: wouldn't it be "hard" to sail through the roaring 40s with a canoe? It seems that area surrounding these two is impossible to pass with technology presented in LOGH.

and the dialogue gets confusing sometimes because there's so much of it.

Well, it's not named Politics: The Animation for nothing.

Many (too many) anti-LOGH people say, that these are major flaws.

Don't get me wrong. Every anime gets from me a 10/10 at the start. But, being cliched, predictable, generic, very, very uninteresting (it makes me sleepy, I swear!) and yet, still called a masterpiece? Hm. I really, REALLY hope that AS will be better. A LOT.

akutasame94 said:
Todd Douglass Jr.

Who's that? Never heard about this guy :P

keyfags

This is not a new term FYI.
Feb 5, 2012 6:54 AM

Dec 2011
orzel286 said:
Tiago97 said:

("We've been cornered... IN SPACE!")

Well, you can get cornered in space - especially whe you have some funny "hole" thingy behind you :3 and as for
- let me put it like this: wouldn't it be "hard" to sail through the roaring 40s with a canoe? It seems that area surrounding these two is impossible to pass with technology presented in LOGH.

and the dialogue gets confusing sometimes because there's so much of it.

Well, it's not named Politics: The Animation for nothing.

Many (too many) anti-LOGH people say, that these are major flaws.

Don't get me wrong. Every anime gets from me a 10/10 at the start. But, being cliched, predictable, generic, very, very uninteresting (it makes me sleepy, I swear!) and yet, still called a masterpiece? Hm. I really, REALLY hope that AS will be better. A LOT.

Read my post above..

First half is pretty much happy, similar to original Clannad... But from episode 15-16 (especially 16) it just becomes heart stopper... So sad.... At least ending is happy... Watch it, almost everyone changed their mind about Clannad after seeing After Story...

I know about the term, I meant in this topic.... You are the first one to use it...
Feb 5, 2012 7:01 AM

Jul 2009
akutasame94 said:
Watch it, almost everyone changed their mind about Clannad after seeing After Story...

Wait a second.

If a (let's say) game X is a big, stinking pile of crap and it's sequel is actually very good - then it means X is also good? Something's wrong here, don't you think?
Feb 5, 2012 7:08 AM

Dec 2011
orzel286 said:
akutasame94 said:
Watch it, almost everyone changed their mind about Clannad after seeing After Story...

Wait a second.

If a (let's say) game X is a big, stinking pile of crap and it's sequel is actually very good - then it means X is also good? Something's wrong here, don't you think?

I know what you are saying, and I don't understand it either since I liked Clannad from the first episode so I can't give explanation to that phenomenon ...

Although I do think that that is because people realize how great prologue it was to After Story after watching AS...
Feb 5, 2012 7:41 AM

Sep 2011
@ orzel286
Actually it doesn't have to go this way. I think there are quite a few examples even in anime where first season can be influenced by sequel or vice versa and I am not saying it just because the sequel is, let's say, better but it can make you look at prequel in totally different way, may explain some events, may make you appreciate things you thought were normal, boring, nothing special or stupid.
There are cases like that, mostly if it was the original concept to make it 2 or more seasons.
I think there are many examples for that even in life. Too bad we mostly realize that... after...
Feb 5, 2012 1:52 PM

Aug 2011
WELL I thought I left this thread to die, but it seems like its still fishing in comments.
I'll PROBABLY (not likely) pick up this anime again when I have ABSOLUTELY nothing else to watch, and nothing better to do (not anytime soon with Graces f coming out next month). The main thing that pisses me off about Clannad are some cliches (not so many surprisingly..... yet?) and SUNOHARA, god I HATE that guy.
And as for you Keyfans, after seeing Angel Beats, I was TRULY dissapointed by the ending, I felt so betrayed....

And as for:
waalex11 said:

Love you too baby.
Feb 5, 2012 4:47 PM

Jul 2009
Dodgers20 said:

waalex11 said:

Oh, yeah. Except he WARNED that he didn't respect opinions.
And neither do I. I mean, I try to, but in the end, I don't think anyone can really do it.
and I'm not gonna stay on-topic because the op just pretty much closed the whole thing.
Oh, yeah: TwinBrave. I saw that you watched Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu without watching the main series.
I don't think you can get the movie's story without knowing the background... but ok.
Feb 6, 2012 3:24 AM

Dec 2011
well i recommend you watch until ep 12 because i'm crying at this ep a.k.a Kotomi >_> *spoiler eh?*
btw i still dont watch KANON~ *yeah my internet is retarded*

harem? well CLANNAD and AIR Is good harem not retarded like High School DxD,Mashiroiro Symphony or Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi

well everyone have their personal taste :>

IMO~

*sorry for OOT*

I Am Fujoshi~ so what?
I am M! and love punishment~
Feb 6, 2012 4:44 AM

Jan 2012
To be honest, I thought Clannad was kind of crappy til like ep. 9, now I love it :P Of course, I like almost anything, so it may just be me. It's just executed really, really well and is really emotional.
Lemme smang it girl.
Feb 6, 2012 4:55 AM

Jan 2012
jonybravito said:

That doesn't change the fact that he called someone's taste "fucked up", just because the OP doesn't like his favourite animu. That is called blind fanboyism as far I'm concerned, whether he's aware of it or not. Sure, no one is obligated to fully respect other people's opinion, but come on, "fucked up"? I could go then to a Madoka topic and state "everyone who likes Madoka has a fucked up taste", and I could protect myself with declaring I don't give a shit about other people's opinion, but that would be rather offensive and needlessly childish, especially without a proper arguement.
Feb 6, 2012 6:26 AM

Dec 2011
Dodgers20 said:
jonybravito said:

That doesn't change the fact that he called someone's taste "fucked up", just because the OP doesn't like his favourite animu. That is called blind fanboyism as far I'm concerned, whether he's aware of it or not. Sure, no one is obligated to fully respect other people's opinion, but come on, "fucked up"? I could go then to a Madoka topic and state "everyone who likes Madoka has a fucked up taste", and I could protect myself with declaring I don't give a shit about other people's opinion, but that would be rather offensive and needlessly childish, especially without a proper arguement.

+1
Feb 6, 2012 6:35 AM

Sep 2011
@ the issue above

I think he might have called his taste "fucked up" for a different reason. (besides he also said that he doesn't respect others opinion so why even bother and even if that wasn't the case it is the issue between them)
What you presumably said about Madoka would not be the same because it would be addressed to a group of people whose tastes you most likely couldn't be aware of.
What is offensive in declaring that someone doesn't care about other people's opinions?
Feb 6, 2012 7:29 AM

Dec 2011
@TwinBrave...

Hehe, of course it's fishing comments... On Clannad section writing about Clannad being boring is like jumping into the snakes nest...

You are lucky I am kind or else I would start with hate towards you (since I am giant key fan) :D

Luckily Clannad fans are kind, so there is no hate... :D
Feb 6, 2012 1:50 PM

Jan 2012
Linaeris said:
besides he also said that he doesn't respect others opinion so why even bother and even if that wasn't the case it is the issue between them)

Yeah, it is an issue between them and I may be nitpicking, but as someone who doesn't like Clannad, that statement was a bit too strong/fanboyish in my opinion, especially without any kind of arguement. Of course, I don't know how serious that statement was, but it doesn't really help matters that he admitted he doesn't respect other people's opinon, which kind of acts like a shield for him in case someone complains about it. Again, I wouldn't mind that, but the sheer fanboyism/elitism that statement oozes is more than enough.

Linaeris said:
What you presumably said about Madoka would not be the same because it would be addressed to a group of people whose tastes you most likely couldn't be aware of.

Why wouldn't it be the same? Sure, it would address towards more people than one, but that doesn't change the fact that I would offend those who like Madoka, no matter how many people favour it. Whether it's one person or the whole topic, the result would still be the very same.

Linaeris said:
What is offensive in declaring that someone doesn't care about other people's opinions?

I said it in my previous post, but I'll say it again: i don't mind if one doesn't care about others' opinion, but declaring "your taste is fucked up" is a little overkill, whether he said it seriously or not. Let's switch things around a little bit for the sake of an example: OP makes topic, and after he states his opinion about the series, he says "everyone who like Clannad has a fucked up taste", and then he says he doesn't care about the other's opinion just for the heck of it. I would be interested how many Clannad/Key fans would compete with each other just to flame him to shreds first.

Or for another, more obvious example, let's take my first comment: rather than explaining my gripes towards the series, I just say that each and every one of you has a fucked up/awful taste, just because you like something I don't. I do hope you're not gonna say that as long as a Clannad fan says that, everything is fine.
Feb 6, 2012 2:38 PM

May 2011
waalex11 said:
I don't want to say that I respect other's opinions, because I don't.
Not enjoying terrible writing, over-dramatic and lolworthy drama, moe shit, and useless and spineless female characters -who are about to die if winds blows too hard- is fucked up? I see. Hihii, you are clearly a guy who enjoys sex with men.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Feb 6, 2012 2:58 PM

Dec 2009
Karhu said:
waalex11 said:
Not enjoying terrible writing, over-dramatic and lolworthy drama, moe shit, and useless and spineless female characters -who are about to die if winds blows too hard- is fucked up? I see. Hihii, you are clearly a guy who enjoys sex with men.

WHAT?!! OH MY GOOOOD THERE'S A HOMOSEXUAL ON THE LOOSE!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Back to being serious. I am happy that most people still see the beauty of Clannad. But I won't argue with the haters, they have the right to their opinions.
Sir_LexaFeb 6, 2012 3:04 PM
Feb 6, 2012 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
@ Dodgers20

Thing is:
TwinBrave stated that "this anime is soooooo boring" without any reasoning.
waalex11 answered that "your taste is fucked up then" also without any reasoning. However that was a reaction to TwinBrave's statement which for waalex11 it wasn't true.
We can only assume the reasons.
Conclusion: Think before you write, specially if you want to write something bad about a series on that series forum without reasoning.

About "Madoka issue": Saying "everyone who likes Madoka has a fucked up taste" in a Madoka post without reasoning would be more like what TwinBrave said here. Coming to a forum which I think should be for fans of a given series saying something bad without any proper explanation is like asking them for "unfriendly" reaction. Unless of course you want to try what the reaction would be :-).
It would not be the same as "your taste is fucked up then" because you most likely are not able to judge a taste of so many people (people that like Madoka are not only those in that one topic) also like I said before waalex11 comment was the reaction for a statement written without any explanation which doesn't have to be true for each individual and for sure isn't true for everyone (that wouldn't be the case if it would be opinion not a statement). Even if we assume that saying "everyone who likes Madoka has a fucked up taste" on Madoka topic would be a reaction for potential previous posts praising that series (and even if it was praising without reasoning) and not a new topic (like TwinBrave's) there is still one fundamental issue which is "One does not simply walk into... I mean flame the series on that series forum" :-). And it applies to Madoka, Clannad or any other series specially without explanation. It is only natural that saying something like that will most probably, sooner or later, end up like in this case (the bigger number of fans the bigger probability). The fact if someone is a Clannad fan or not doesn't matter, besides that if a Clannad fan would say that everyone who likes Clannad has a fucked up/awful taste would be rather... strange.

@ Karhu

I probably shouldn't interfere as it was addressed to waalex11, but out of sheer curiosity: What kind of higher level of thinking brought you to that final conclusion? It is late here so maybe my mind works slower...
Feb 7, 2012 2:18 AM

Dec 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
Karhu said:
waalex11 said:

WHAT?!! OH MY GOOOOD THERE'S A HOMOSEXUAL ON THE LOOSE!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Back to being serious. I am happy that most people still see the beauty of Clannad. But I won't argue with the haters, they have the right to their opinions.

How can you not see the beauty... Even if someone doesn't like Clannad, sure will come to understand how good it was after watching After Story... That's what most of the people said or what I read on the internet... I firstly gave 8 to Clannad (I liked it for 10+ but I wanted to be objective...) but after watching After Story I couldn't leave it at 8. It went straight up to 10...

And I already pointed out what Linaeris said.... Coming on section made for Clannad fans and saying it was boring is like jumping into the snakes nest.... Fortunately almost every Clannad fan is nice and a good person, and that's why they see the beauty of it... :D

EDIT:

This post was not pointed at you... I am agreeing with you... :D
akutasame94Feb 7, 2012 2:23 AM
Feb 7, 2012 1:34 PM

Jan 2012
Linaeris said:
Thing is:
TwinBrave stated that "this anime is soooooo boring" without any reasoning.
waalex11 answered that "your taste is fucked up then" also without any reasoning. However that was a reaction to TwinBrave's statement which for waalex11 it wasn't true.
We can only assume the reasons.
Conclusion: Think before you write, specially if you want to write something bad about a series on that series forum without reasoning.

You kind of got me there, as I forgot to mention that OP himself didn't brought up much arguement himself either, mainly because he just expressed his impression towards the series, without adressing it to anyone. However my point was that waalex's reaction was a bit more personal than it should have been, as he didn't said a thing about the anime, rather he entitled the OP's taste as "fucked up". Again, I may be overanalysing things, and OP really should've explain his gripes more towards the series sooner, but at least other people were considarate enough to gave him "tips" about the (apparent) quality increase of After Story.

Linaeris said:
About "Madoka issue": Saying "everyone who likes Madoka has a fucked up taste" in a Madoka post without reasoning would be more like what TwinBrave said here. Coming to a forum which I think should be for fans of a given series saying something bad without any proper explanation is like asking them for "unfriendly" reaction. Unless of course you want to try what the reaction would be :-).

I both agree and disagree with you in this case. The comment would surely be as long as OP's first post, as much as less detailed than it should be, but there is a difference: he (somewhat poorly) expressed his opinion towards the series, but he didn't tried to offend anyone, his post was addressed towards the anime itself. Waleex's post was the opposite of this, as he assumed that the OP's apparent lack of taste is the source why he finds Clannad boring, which is kind of offensive, taking into account that the OP only critisiced the anime, but he didn't said a thing about the fans. That is why I said that waleex's post was fanboyish: stating an issue towards an anime =/= judging other people's taste, as far as I concerned. Unless you say that personally offend someone doesn't like something you do is the best solution for this matter.

Linaeris said:
It would not be the same as "your taste is fucked up then" because you most likely are not able to judge a taste of so many people (people that like Madoka are not only those in that one topic) also like I said before waalex11 comment was the reaction for a statement written without any explanation which doesn't have to be true for each individual and for sure isn't true for everyone (that wouldn't be the case if it would be opinion not a statement).

Again, judging an anime =/= judging a person's taste.

Linaeris said:
I mean flame the series on that series forum.... It is only natural that saying something like that will most probably, sooner or later, end up like in this case (the bigger number of fans the bigger probability).

Apparently if one states that he/she finds something boring without further insult towards the anime/fans, it counts as flame. As I said, the OP's reasoning was lackluster when it comes to fully explaining his gripes, but at least he didn't go ahead and judge any one of you.He only judged the animu itself, and then he still didn't said something radical like "this anime is the absolute worst I've ever seen", or "this stuff is for over-emotional pansies". And the majority of the commenters more or less accepted his opinion without going into too much personal details, which I think was the correct response towards him (or anyone who doesn't like Clannad). Also, "it is only natural"-> sadly it is, no matter how strong the complaining is.
Feb 7, 2012 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
@ Dodgers20

Wait a second:
I called flaming your presumed statement on Madoka forum "everyone who likes Madoka has a fucked up taste". In "Madoka issue" paragraph of my post I haven't quoted TwinBrave even once. I just pointed out similarity between your presumed statement and what TwinBrave wrote which were: no explanation of a statement which fans of a given series would probably not like as well that both of this situations would take/took place on the forum generally meant for fans.

I agree that judging a person's taste and judging the anime does not equal.

In my opinion it is possible and in many cases more appropriate to express your thoughts in some other way than something like "fucked up taste" (which means that I agree that personally offending someone is not or at least doesn't have to be the best solution for this matter assuming that it was meant to be a solution for the matter cause I am not so sure about that), so there seems to be agreement in this matter too which leads us to the point that what waalex11 said might have been too rough, however like I said that sort of reaction to the opening post by TwinBrave was I guess only a matter of time whether it was waalex11 or someone else (I think Pocketasces agreed with waalex11). Even if (I haven't counted) as you said majority reacted "more neutral", it doesn't mean that everyone should react the same way. I assume you don't think "more neutral" is better in this case because the majority says so.

I hope I don't write like some kind of a lawyer or something :-).
I wonder if others (including TwinBrave and waalex11) are having fun seeing our conversation :-).
Feb 8, 2012 11:44 AM

Aug 2011
Linaeris said:
@ Dodgers20

Wait a second:
I called flaming your presumed statement on Madoka forum "everyone who likes Madoka has a fucked up taste". In "Madoka issue" paragraph of my post I haven't quoted TwinBrave even once. I just pointed out similarity between your presumed statement and what TwinBrave wrote which were: no explanation of a statement which fans of a given series would probably not like as well that both of this situations would take/took place on the forum generally meant for fans.

In my opinion it is possible and in many cases more appropriate to express your thoughts in some other way than something like "fucked up taste" (which means that I agree that personally offending someone is not or at least doesn't have to be the best solution for this matter assuming that it was meant to be a solution for the matter cause I am not so sure about that), so there seems to be agreement in this matter too which leads us to the point that what waalex11 said might have been too rough, however like I said that sort of reaction to the opening post by TwinBrave was I guess only a matter of time whether it was waalex11 or someone else (I think Pocketasces agreed with waalex11). Even if (I haven't counted) as you said majority reacted "more neutral", it doesn't mean that everyone should react the same way. I assume you don't think "more neutral" is better in this case because the majority says so.

I wonder if others (including TwinBrave and waalex11) are having fun seeing our conversation :-).

Actually I somewhat regret making this thread, but its nice to see everything getting along ~ *sarcasm*
Feb 8, 2012 1:41 PM

Dec 2011
TwinBrave said:
Linaeris said:
@ Dodgers20

Wait a second:

Actually I somewhat regret making this thread, but its nice to see everything getting along ~ *sarcasm*

why? It's so interesting to read this. And you are keeping Clannad topic alive... :D
Feb 8, 2012 3:50 PM

Sep 2011
@ TwinBrave

You shouldn't regret it I think. After all it's nice to have a little variety from time to time, get to know different point of views, ways of perceiving, different ways of having a discussion, maybe learn something knew.

A: This anime is boring.
B: No, it's great.
C: You're boring.
D: Screw you.
A: I don't see anything special in it.
F: You expected it to be anything special, r u sane?
E: Your anime list is "really epic".
G: Don't say "screw you".
E: Don't say boring without a reason.
H: Why you say its boring, it's really, really, really great.
I: You like this anime? You like the girls? Are you gay?
E: Is that a part of your life philosophy?
G: Don't say "screw you" without a reason.
E: Don't say "reason" without a reason.
A: Why did I make this thread? *facepalm*

Sometimes it's better to have it this way than having 30 people that love the series trying to convince you how great it is making you hate it because of all the hype and possibly spoiling the series for you in the meantime.

@ akutasame94

Don't worry I think Clannad topics are generally doing quite good even without it in comparison to most other series forums that I look at.
And btw be careful not to spoil someone cause I see that you are quite active :-)
LinaerisFeb 8, 2012 4:06 PM
Feb 9, 2012 2:28 AM

Jan 2012
Linaeris said:
@ Dodgers20
Wait a second:
I called flaming your presumed statement on Madoka forum "everyone who likes Madoka has a fucked up taste".

I know what you meant to say, my comment was more addressed towards the general trend that too many animes are having that kind of a fanbase who take criticism towards their favourite anime way too seriously. At least, the anime forums in my country can go bonkers very easily in some cases (Elfen Lied, Naruto, etc.), that is why I wanted to make a comparison between this topic and the general trend. I should've tried to make this more specific, so apologize for that.

Linaeris said:
In my opinion it is possible and in many cases more appropriate to express your thoughts in some other way than something like "fucked up taste" (which means that I agree that personally offending someone is not or at least doesn't have to be the best solution for this matter assuming that it was meant to be a solution for the matter cause I am not so sure about that), so there seems to be agreement in this matter too which leads us to the point that what waalex11 said might have been too rough...

Gotta agree with this one.

Linaeris said:
... however like I said that sort of reaction to the opening post by TwinBrave was I guess only a matter of time whether it was waalex11 or someone else.

That is why I said that "sadly it is, no matter how strong the complaining is.". While the general feeling is quite understandable in this kind of situation, there is a point where the reaction becomes more serious than the source it caused it, and waalex11 went trough that point. That is my main "gripe" in this case, and also that is why I "like" the "someone takes things seriously sooner or later" trend: it can derail conversations that are otherwise not harmful to anyone.

Linaeris said:
I assume you don't think "more neutral" is better in this case because the majority says so.

Of course not, I think that way because I don't mind criticism at all as long as it's aimed towards the subject, and not towards the person who represents the opposite opinion. Maybe that is why I complained about waalex11's reaction, I can be a little jumpy when it comes to this.

Linaeris said:

It's cool, I already went into too much detail than neccesarry. :) Besides, it's much, much better this way than take things into personal detail and bring everyones mother and sexual orientation into the discussion. Plus, it's a good opportunity for me to practice my english vocabulary and skills, as english isn't my native language (I hope I haven't made any errors so far).

Linaeris said:

I do hope so, as I myself are having fun with this conversation, in a non-trollish way. :)

Linaeris said:
You shouldn't regret it I think. After all it's nice to have a little variety from time to time, get to know different point of views, ways of perceiving, different ways of having a discussion, maybe learn something knew.

+1. There's no reason to regret it TwinBrave, you just expressed your opinion without directly offending anyone, and that much is enough when it comes to criticism. Besides, variety FTW, especially when things doesn't go haywire.
Feb 9, 2012 3:06 AM

Dec 2011
Linaeris said:
@ TwinBrave

Sometimes it's better to have it this way than having 30 people that love the series trying to convince you how great it is making you hate it because of all the hype and possibly spoiling the series for you in the meantime.

@ akutasame94

Don't worry I think Clannad topics are generally doing quite good even without it in comparison to most other series forums that I look at.
And btw be careful not to spoil someone cause I see that you are quite active :-)

Well I am being careful, but it's hard to resist :D
Feb 9, 2012 12:19 PM

Aug 2011
akutasame94 said:
Linaeris said:
@ TwinBrave

@ akutasame94

Well I am being careful, but it's hard to resist :D

The only thing I know is that the guy and that chick with the 2 ahoges (I now call her "Bug Girl" because it looks like antennae LOL) end up together or something.

Another question is how long are each character's arcs? And are they important to see? The only one I'm interested in is Tomoyo *kick rain*, but even then its not enough....
Feb 9, 2012 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
@ TwinBrave

I think it shouldn't be too much of a spoiler and will answer TwinBrave's question about arcs or at least give a general idea:
First 3 episodes are sort of introduction of characters, world, general idea of what the show is going to be about which is standard thing for most series.
Then we have a Fuko arc which lasts till episode 9.
After that is Kotomi arc which ends at episode 14.
I am gonna say that even if those two arcs are focused on Fuko and Kotomi it doesn't mean that everything else stops because it doesn't. It just simply isn't the main point then.
When Kotomi arc is over we sort of won't be having any specific character's arc till episode 2 or 3 of the second season. Of course there will be episodes when we will see more Tomoyo and hear her story (if you are a fan of Tomoyo then there is a special called Clannad: Another World Tomoyo Chapter as there isn't Tomoyo arc - however watching that special without hearing her story is maybe not pointless but I would strongly suggest getting to know her story first) or more Kyou and Ryou but it is going to be shown in more natural way and tied to the main plot.
Is it important to see the arcs (Fuko and Kotomi)? I will answer this way: If you are solely a fan of Tomoyo and don't care about anyone else and sure that you are not going to watch Clannad After Story then it's not that important. You can skip episodes 4-14 in my opinion, watch from episode 15 till you know Tomoyo story and if she achieves her goal and then just watch Tomoyo special. But if you are sort of curious what is After Story about I wouldn't skip any episode.

@ Dodgers20

Yeah well I know that fans of series like Naruto, Haruhi or Elfen Lied are generally lets say "more vulnerable to being aggressive" than others but I usually just smile at that. Not laugh but smile, unless I am in a really bad mood and they are above standard annoyance level :-).
English isn't my native language either and since I am not that young anymore I may not be familiar with some new terms or slang expressions therefore I don't think I am in position to judge your English but if have to do it I would say that your English is absolutely ok for me :-).
Variety is generally really good thing (variety is a spice of life :-)), however in my opinion there are some aspects of life which should not blindly (or should not at all) submit to something that may seem unnatural for some group of people or nation under the pretext or guise of variety. And I have to say that unforunately under pressure of some influential group of interests (people or corporations) things considered as abnormal, harmful, immoral or dengerous are being implemented under the guise of things like variety, safety, democracy, equality, environmental stuff like global warming, progressive globalisation etc.

@ akutasame94

I know it can be hard to resist when you want to convince someone that it is worth to watch, but be careful with that. Too much hype can sometimes give the opposite result to the intended :-)

That little "conversation of people from A to I" was supposed to be also an abridged version of this thread in a little funny way.
Feb 10, 2012 1:48 AM

Dec 2011
Linaeris said:
@ TwinBrave

I think it shouldn't be too much of a spoiler and will answer TwinBrave's question about arcs or at least give a general idea:
First 3 episodes are sort of introduction of characters, world, general idea of what the show is going to be about which is standard thing for most series.
Then we have a Fuko arc which lasts till episode 9.
After that is Kotomi arc which ends at episode 14.
I am gonna say that even if those two arcs are focused on Fuko and Kotomi it doesn't mean that everything else stops because it doesn't. It just simply isn't the main point then.
When Kotomi arc is over we sort of won't be having any specific character's arc till episode 2 or 3 of the second season. Of course there will be episodes when we will see more Tomoyo and hear her story (if you are a fan of Tomoyo then there is a special called Clannad: Another World Tomoyo Chapter as there isn't Tomoyo arc - however watching that special without hearing her story is maybe not pointless but I would strongly suggest getting to know her story first) or more Kyou and Ryou but it is going to be shown in more natural way and tied to the main plot.
Is it important to see the arcs (Fuko and Kotomi)? I will answer this way: If you are solely a fan of Tomoyo and don't care about anyone else and sure that you are not going to watch Clannad After Story then it's not that important. You can skip episodes 4-14 in my opinion, watch from episode 15 till you know Tomoyo story and if she achieves her goal and then just watch Tomoyo special. But if you are sort of curious what is After Story about I wouldn't skip any episode.

@ Dodgers20

Yeah well I know that fans of series like Naruto, Haruhi or Elfen Lied are generally lets say "more vulnerable to being aggressive" than others but I usually just smile at that. Not laugh but smile, unless I am in a really bad mood and they are above standard annoyance level :-).
English isn't my native language either and since I am not that young anymore I may not be familiar with some new terms or slang expressions therefore I don't think I am in position to judge your English but if have to do it I would say that your English is absolutely ok for me :-).
Variety is generally really good thing (variety is a spice of life :-)), however in my opinion there are some aspects of life which should not blindly (or should not at all) submit to something that may seem unnatural for some group of people or nation under the pretext or guise of variety. And I have to say that unforunately under pressure of some influential group of interests (people or corporations) things considered as abnormal, harmful, immoral or dengerous are being implemented under the guise of things like variety, safety, democracy, equality, environmental stuff like global warming, progressive globalisation etc.

@ akutasame94

I know it can be hard to resist when you want to convince someone that it is worth to watch, but be careful with that. Too much hype can sometimes give the opposite result to the intended :-)

That little "conversation of people from A to I" was supposed to be also an abridged version of this thread in a little funny way.

Hehe, I know.... I won't spoil...
Feb 10, 2012 11:57 AM

Aug 2011
@ akutasame94

I can see your trying to keep this thread alive lol.
Feb 11, 2012 2:36 AM

Dec 2011
TwinBrave said:
@ akutasame94

I can see your trying to keep this thread alive lol.

Well I am, I am trying to keep every Clannad thread alive... It just doesn't deserve to be forgotten...
Feb 11, 2012 3:30 AM

May 2011
HC fanboyism, so silly.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Feb 11, 2012 3:44 AM

Dec 2011
Karhu said:
HC fanboyism, so silly.

hehe, what can I say, I loved every key show and I am a big fan of every single one, but Clannad is different... I truly love this show.
Feb 12, 2012 12:10 PM

Aug 2011
akutasame94 said:
Karhu said:
HC fanboyism, so silly.

hehe, what can I say, I loved every key show and I am a big fan of every single one, but Clannad is different... I truly love this show.

Nice spoiler signature.
Feb 12, 2012 4:33 PM

May 2011
well i can see where your coming from, i personaly loved clannad and have rewatched it dozens of times but the first season is the key to the next chapter. i think every person who watches anime has to at least watch an episode of clannad.
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Feb 13, 2012 12:42 AM

Dec 2011
TwinBrave said:
akutasame94 said:
Karhu said:
HC fanboyism, so silly.

Nice spoiler signature.

Hehe, this is not the scene from anime it's fan art just so you know :D OR at least I haven't seen it after 6 re-watches....
Feb 13, 2012 3:51 AM
Oct 2011
The fuck is wrong with you all?

Oh good heavens, forbid that someone may not like the shit that I like.

A show delivers to you a PERSONAL experience, if YOU enjoyed it, that's all that matters. Why would you care if a particular person is either too narrow-minded and dismissive of something that doesn't usually align to his tastes, or the fact that he simply may not like it, due to the nature of the genre.

This thread has gone on for far too long, with little consolidation from either-side.
So please, for your own sake, stop the bickering.
Feb 13, 2012 3:57 PM

Aug 2011
akutasame94 said:
TwinBrave said:
akutasame94 said:
Karhu said:
HC fanboyism, so silly.

Nice spoiler signature.

Hehe, this is not the scene from anime it's fan art just so you know :D OR at least I haven't seen it after 6 re-watches....

Highly doubt its fanart.
Feb 14, 2012 12:42 AM

Dec 2011
TwinBrave said:
akutasame94 said:
TwinBrave said:
akutasame94 said:
Karhu said:
HC fanboyism, so silly.

Nice spoiler signature.

Highly doubt its fanart.

Maybe it's from Visual Novel, I don't know, but I haven't seen this in anime....

Although when I think about it it might be from episode 21 in some flashbacks or Tomoyas wishes I don't know...
May 2, 2013 12:28 PM

Nov 2011
lol people who didn't like Clannad are heartless... you heartless person, you.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

192 by Creepyy »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

442 by Viipers7810 »»
Apr 5, 2:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.