Jul 5, 2013 1:10 AM

Goddamn mods deleted our dance contest.

starwarriorrobby said:
gamer2710 said:
sherlock5545 said:
*popcorn*
*soda* (beer?)
patsuan said:
I like them if they're not over the top, annoying bitches. Basically every tsundere voiced by Kugimiya Rie can die.
I might be stepping on a landmine here, but if there's a Rie Kugimiya tsundere character in an anime that has an English dub, watch the English dub. Save yourself the trouble.
the only dub i've seen before with a character voiced by Rie is Shakugan no Shana. To be honest, i kinda like Shana's dub voice. Although it feels like they made her voice a tad deeper in the funimation dub after season 1.

I generally dislike dubs, because it has a whole different feeling while watching something dubbed, and mostly all of the dubs that I've heard were terrible, so I'm not even willing to watch something dubbed.

Jul 5, 2013 1:11 AM

patsuan said:
I'm not even willing to watch something dubbed.
You're missing out on some gold.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.

Jul 5, 2013 1:13 AM

Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:

Gold as in so horrible that it's actually good?

Jul 5, 2013 1:13 AM

patsuan said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:

No, gold as in actually-good stuff.

Jul 5, 2013 1:18 AM

BloodyNightsky said:
starwarriorrobby said:
BloodyNightsky said:
Tsundere's are the most common type because they are handy . You cant put a kuudere in anykind of anime , a dandere is not a good MC because it would be a boring character and yandere definitely cant be fit in any anime or kind .
but the kuudere worked so well for Raven (teen titans) and Rei (Neon Genesis Evangelion), same with Homura (Madoka Magica), Rikka Takanashi (Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions) and Yuki Nagato (Haruhi Suzumiya) as dandere.

I didnt said you cant meet kuudere or any archtype , I said that they cant be used in any anime and thats why tsundere are handy .
Yuki is an exception but you have to admit that 75% of reasons why we remember her and like her is because of her voice .
hmm good point.

Jul 5, 2013 1:23 AM

Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:

Although its kinda understandable to how patsuan feels. After all 4kids was the one to mind cuss people into hating dubs, good or bad in the first place.
Modified by starwarriorrobby, Jul 5, 2013 1:26 AM

Jul 5, 2013 1:25 AM

starwarriorrobby said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:

Although its kinda understandable to how patsuan feels. After all 4kids was the one to mind cuss people into hating dubs, good or bad in the first place.

That depends.
Central park was doing the same thing long before 4Kids was even a thought.

Jul 5, 2013 1:30 AM

Negative-Travis said:
starwarriorrobby said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:

That depends.
Central park was doing the same thing long before 4Kids was even a thought.
Don't forget Dic entertainment. Remember that dub disaster they did with Sailor Moon after making those shows based off of video games? Sonic and Mario were alright, but Captain N and Legend of Zelda cartoons were ALOT to be desired.

Jun 11, 2014 5:51 PM
Ragix said:
Eh to me Tsunderes are fine as long as their not over the top. Like Louise man she would literally destroy Saito and used a crazy amount of violence so that was a bit excessive

As for Taiga... she uses violence but more name-calling then anything and also I liked Taiga because her character evolves more then your average girl. Hell if she wasn't tsundere it wouldn't have been the same. If you watched ToraDora! you would know what I mean how people think this way of her when in reality she doesn't like that at all. Their is more to it but then I'd be ruining the anime for people who have yet to watch it. But for those who have watched it I'm sure you get what I mean when I say Taiga evolves more then just your normal average character.

Errr... i already watch toradora... didn't like it that much
Taiga is violent... yes it might be funny but the way taiga. is really insulting

i respect your opinino :|

Oct 2, 2014 8:02 PM
chingching said:
Ragix said:
Eh to me Tsunderes are fine as long as their not over the top. Like Louise man she would literally destroy Saito and used a crazy amount of violence so that was a bit excessive

As for Taiga... she uses violence but more name-calling then anything and also I liked Taiga because her character evolves more then your average girl. Hell if she wasn't tsundere it wouldn't have been the same. If you watched ToraDora! you would know what I mean how people think this way of her when in reality she doesn't like that at all. Their is more to it but then I'd be ruining the anime for people who have yet to watch it. But for those who have watched it I'm sure you get what I mean when I say Taiga evolves more then just your normal average character.

Errr... i already watch toradora... didn't like it that much
Taiga is violent... yes it might be funny but the way taiga. is really insulting

i respect your opinino :|

She grows out of it almost completely by the end of the series.

Oct 2, 2014 10:35 PM

Tsunderes can be interesting as long as they aren't extreme and never develop past being mean or sadistic.

Of course I've found that English dubs some how heighten the level of how annoying a tsundere can be, where the original Japanese it isn't nearly as bad (this can be reversed as well).

I will say that I get turned off by the more physically violent ones.

Oct 2, 2014 11:48 PM

breathesunshine said:
Tsunderes can be interesting as long as they aren't extreme and never develop past being mean or sadistic.

Of course I've found that English dubs some how heighten the level of how annoying a tsundere can be, where the original Japanese it isn't nearly as bad (this can be reversed as well).

I will say that I get turned off by the more physically violent ones.
This

Oct 13, 2014 5:04 AM

Yes, I hate tsunderes. May they all burn in hell.

Oct 13, 2014 5:15 AM

breathesunshine said:

Of course I've found that English dubs some how heighten the level of how annoying a tsundere can be

I Doubt it,nothing can be more annoying than kugumiya

Oct 13, 2014 6:05 AM

HandsomeMan said:
Well I hope you burn with them :P

Oct 13, 2014 6:25 AM

HandsomeMan said:

No please don't

Oct 13, 2014 6:28 AM

HandsomeMan said:

Except for two

Oct 13, 2014 7:35 PM
I never had a problem with tsunderes, but I can see where some of the hate comes from and I contributed it to 2 factors:

1) Some tsunderes are unrealistic, in that they clearly don't know what an accident is (like when the male MC accidentally gets a peak at her unmentionables, I can see how that can get annoying)

2) It's partially the dense male MCs fault for being such a pussy around her. If he would stick up for himself more often, I think more people would hate tsunderes less.

Still, I'd take a tsundere over a boring nice girl any day!

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]