Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 5, 2013 1:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 156
Goddamn mods deleted our dance contest.

starwarriorrobby said:
gamer2710 said:
sherlock5545 said:
*popcorn*
*soda* (beer?)
patsuan said:
I like them if they're not over the top, annoying bitches. Basically every tsundere voiced by Kugimiya Rie can die.
I might be stepping on a landmine here, but if there's a Rie Kugimiya tsundere character in an anime that has an English dub, watch the English dub. Save yourself the trouble.
the only dub i've seen before with a character voiced by Rie is Shakugan no Shana. To be honest, i kinda like Shana's dub voice. Although it feels like they made her voice a tad deeper in the funimation dub after season 1.


I generally dislike dubs, because it has a whole different feeling while watching something dubbed, and mostly all of the dubs that I've heard were terrible, so I'm not even willing to watch something dubbed.
 
Jul 5, 2013 1:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4433
patsuan said:
I'm not even willing to watch something dubbed.
You're missing out on some gold.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
 
Jul 5, 2013 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 156
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
I'm not even willing to watch something dubbed.
You're missing out on some gold.


Gold as in so horrible that it's actually good?
 
Jul 5, 2013 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4433
patsuan said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
I'm not even willing to watch something dubbed.
You're missing out on some gold.


Gold as in so horrible that it's actually good?

No, gold as in actually-good stuff.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
 
Jul 5, 2013 1:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 217
BloodyNightsky said:
starwarriorrobby said:
BloodyNightsky said:
Tsundere's are the most common type because they are handy . You cant put a kuudere in anykind of anime , a dandere is not a good MC because it would be a boring character and yandere definitely cant be fit in any anime or kind .
but the kuudere worked so well for Raven (teen titans) and Rei (Neon Genesis Evangelion), same with Homura (Madoka Magica), Rikka Takanashi (Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions) and Yuki Nagato (Haruhi Suzumiya) as dandere.


I didnt said you cant meet kuudere or any archtype , I said that they cant be used in any anime and thats why tsundere are handy .
Yuki is an exception but you have to admit that 75% of reasons why we remember her and like her is because of her voice .
hmm good point.
 
Jul 5, 2013 1:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 217
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
I'm not even willing to watch something dubbed.
You're missing out on some gold.


Gold as in so horrible that it's actually good?

No, gold as in actually-good stuff.
Although its kinda understandable to how patsuan feels. After all 4kids was the one to mind cuss people into hating dubs, good or bad in the first place.
Modified by starwarriorrobby, Jul 5, 2013 1:26 AM
 
Jul 5, 2013 1:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4433
starwarriorrobby said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
I'm not even willing to watch something dubbed.
You're missing out on some gold.


Gold as in so horrible that it's actually good?

No, gold as in actually-good stuff.
Although its kinda understandable to how patsuan feels. After all 4kids was the one to mind cuss people into hating dubs, good or bad in the first place.

That depends.
Central park was doing the same thing long before 4Kids was even a thought.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
 
Jul 5, 2013 1:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 217
Negative-Travis said:
starwarriorrobby said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
Negative-Travis said:
patsuan said:
I'm not even willing to watch something dubbed.
You're missing out on some gold.


Gold as in so horrible that it's actually good?

No, gold as in actually-good stuff.
Although its kinda understandable to how patsuan feels. After all 4kids was the one to mind cuss people into hating dubs, good or bad in the first place.

That depends.
Central park was doing the same thing long before 4Kids was even a thought.
Don't forget Dic entertainment. Remember that dub disaster they did with Sailor Moon after making those shows based off of video games? Sonic and Mario were alright, but Captain N and Legend of Zelda cartoons were ALOT to be desired.
 
Jun 11, 2014 5:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 6
Ragix said:
Eh to me Tsunderes are fine as long as their not over the top. Like Louise man she would literally destroy Saito and used a crazy amount of violence so that was a bit excessive

As for Taiga... she uses violence but more name-calling then anything and also I liked Taiga because her character evolves more then your average girl. Hell if she wasn't tsundere it wouldn't have been the same. If you watched ToraDora! you would know what I mean how people think this way of her when in reality she doesn't like that at all. Their is more to it but then I'd be ruining the anime for people who have yet to watch it. But for those who have watched it I'm sure you get what I mean when I say Taiga evolves more then just your normal average character.



Errr... i already watch toradora... didn't like it that much
Taiga is violent... yes it might be funny but the way taiga. is really insulting

i respect your opinino :|
 
Oct 2, 2014 8:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1507
chingching said:
Ragix said:
Eh to me Tsunderes are fine as long as their not over the top. Like Louise man she would literally destroy Saito and used a crazy amount of violence so that was a bit excessive

As for Taiga... she uses violence but more name-calling then anything and also I liked Taiga because her character evolves more then your average girl. Hell if she wasn't tsundere it wouldn't have been the same. If you watched ToraDora! you would know what I mean how people think this way of her when in reality she doesn't like that at all. Their is more to it but then I'd be ruining the anime for people who have yet to watch it. But for those who have watched it I'm sure you get what I mean when I say Taiga evolves more then just your normal average character.



Errr... i already watch toradora... didn't like it that much
Taiga is violent... yes it might be funny but the way taiga. is really insulting

i respect your opinino :|

She grows out of it almost completely by the end of the series.
 
Oct 2, 2014 10:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 963
Tsunderes can be interesting as long as they aren't extreme and never develop past being mean or sadistic.

Of course I've found that English dubs some how heighten the level of how annoying a tsundere can be, where the original Japanese it isn't nearly as bad (this can be reversed as well).

I will say that I get turned off by the more physically violent ones.
 
Oct 2, 2014 11:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 231
breathesunshine said:
Tsunderes can be interesting as long as they aren't extreme and never develop past being mean or sadistic.

Of course I've found that English dubs some how heighten the level of how annoying a tsundere can be, where the original Japanese it isn't nearly as bad (this can be reversed as well).

I will say that I get turned off by the more physically violent ones.
This
 
Oct 13, 2014 5:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 2307
Yes, I hate tsunderes. May they all burn in hell.
 
Oct 13, 2014 5:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 3958
breathesunshine said:
Tsunderes can be interesting as long as they aren't extreme and never develop past being mean or sadistic.

Of course I've found that English dubs some how heighten the level of how annoying a tsundere can be


I Doubt it,nothing can be more annoying than kugumiya
 
Oct 13, 2014 6:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 11090
HandsomeMan said:
Yes, I hate tsunderes. May they all burn in hell.
Well I hope you burn with them :P
 
Oct 13, 2014 6:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 716
HandsomeMan said:
Yes, I hate tsunderes. May they all burn in hell.

No please don't
 
Oct 13, 2014 6:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 13359
HandsomeMan said:
Yes, I hate tsunderes. May they all burn in hell.

Except for two
 
Oct 13, 2014 7:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 473
I never had a problem with tsunderes, but I can see where some of the hate comes from and I contributed it to 2 factors:

1) Some tsunderes are unrealistic, in that they clearly don't know what an accident is (like when the male MC accidentally gets a peak at her unmentionables, I can see how that can get annoying)

2) It's partially the dense male MCs fault for being such a pussy around her. If he would stick up for himself more often, I think more people would hate tsunderes less.

Still, I'd take a tsundere over a boring nice girl any day!
 
Top
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]