Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2012 10:59 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy God damn shiit!!!

What the hell? Not the beautiful nurse ;_ ;

Another suspense full episode of Another (see what I did there?)

I love this show.
Jan 30, 2012 11:06 AM

Apr 2011
I'm starting to become under the assumption that perhaps from this point on there'll be one death per episode, which is good. I predicted the nurse's death when she mentioned that she had a brother in Class 3.
Jan 30, 2012 11:09 AM

Apr 2011
At first, I was left speechless. But, ever since the credits started rolling, I can't stop laughing.
Jan 30, 2012 11:12 AM

May 2008
Why can't Kouichi figure out that Mei doesn't exist ffs.. Everything could of been prevent if he wasn't a block head.
Jan 30, 2012 11:12 AM

Nov 2009
I thought the nurse will die because she delved too much on the matter.
The glass scene was epic with the sudden wind, and THAT END! My god!
It's just freaky to die in an elevator. Poor girl. Final Destination much? xD

I'm not an easy person to scare so i don't find Another scary, but i really enjoy it.
Jan 30, 2012 11:13 AM

Nov 2008
I wonder just who is not going to die. I assume that those in the ED are the ones that will make it. Kind of sad that the nurse had to go. She was one of the interesting characters since she actually interacted with him.

Anyway, they mentioned that something happened 2 years before that. When did his mother die?
Jan 30, 2012 11:14 AM
Jan 2012
My patience was dwindling, trying to put myself in MC's shoes, nobody answering him and all. So there we have it, he actually confronted the nurse's brother and of course he gets interrupted by the soon to be dead nurse. That death was as obvious as it was brutal. This show really likes to kill of the most likeable characters. And for that I fart in its general direction.

Still no certain answer to if Mei's dead or not - this time around she herself implies she isn't, but the nurse's brother states otherwise. I still believe Mei more.

So those who meddle in this Mei-matter, die, except Sakakibara for some reason. Perhaps they are blood-related? Is Reika showing effects from the curse?
Jan 30, 2012 11:24 AM
Apr 2010
Oh god, Another doesn't disappoint again. More nods to The Omen: "I guess there's no Damien in this town", then the glass car.

Poor nurse, she should have taken the stairs. It's healthy and stuff like that, you know.
Jan 30, 2012 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
NikuiKira12 said:
Why can't Kouichi figure out that Mei doesn't exist ffs.. Everything could of been prevent if he wasn't a block head.

Maybe becauseit goes against all he has learned to assume that a person he can see, hear and interact with doesn't exist.

Also, the others in class simply deny her existence too viciously for him to let matters rest.

EDIT:
Poor nurse, she should have taken the stairs. It's healthy and stuff like that, you know.

Sure, the girl with glasses from ep3 can attest to that :)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 30, 2012 11:31 AM
Apr 2010
Wordsmith said:

Touche.
Jan 30, 2012 11:31 AM

Dec 2009
Wordsmith said:
EDIT:

LOL xD
Jan 30, 2012 11:41 AM

Jan 2011
fuck! not the nurse!!
Jan 30, 2012 11:42 AM

Jan 2010
"Next time" <-- foreshadowing her death. Saw it coming.

Anyone noticed in the opening, there is a car crash, an elevator, someone falling into a river, etc.? Ways people will die in the show? Possibly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2012 11:51 AM

Jun 2011
Stilll scares the shit out out of me :o
Jan 30, 2012 11:53 AM
Oct 2011
Wordsmith said:
NikuiKira12 said:

Maybe becauseit goes against all he has learned to assume that a person he can see, hear and interact with doesn't exist.

Also, the others in class simply deny her existence too viciously for him to let matters rest.

EDIT:

lol
Jan 30, 2012 12:01 PM

Jun 2009
I'm really enjoying this compared to the manga. I like the manga, but with the anime the characters are a lot better. Even though I know the secret, I'm exciting to find out what it is in the show.

The one thing I learned from this episode is that whether you are going down the stairs or taking the elevator, your head will get worked.
[/center]
Jan 30, 2012 12:06 PM

Nov 2009
-_- I liked the nurse....dropped.
Jan 30, 2012 12:11 PM

Oct 2009
ClementIV said:
I wonder just who is not going to die. I assume that those in the ED are the ones that will make it.

Well one of them already died last ep.. xD

Hmm so the nurse finally dies, been guessing she'd die since ep 1, but I feel bad for her and Kouichi, I mean he finally had someone who was willing to help him and then she dies.. :'] (I'm guessing this will happen to everyone who gets involved too much in this, that's why the others won't tell any more to Kouichi about what happened..)
Jan 30, 2012 12:15 PM

May 2010
Wow :O

I don't get how that fall did that to her face .. =O
But still ... wowz.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jan 30, 2012 12:31 PM
Jan 2011
1st, it's the 4 eyes.
Now, it's the nurse.
Who'll be the next in the RIP list?
Jan 30, 2012 12:33 PM

Feb 2011
Haha stuff is starting to get good.
Jan 30, 2012 12:34 PM
Mar 2011
I'm beginning to think I'm responsible for this, when i start liking a character they die.

The acting girl better become a jerk or watch out.
Jan 30, 2012 12:40 PM

Nov 2011
Oh, I'm disappointed. I waited for more horror, not "Final Destination".
Jan 30, 2012 12:41 PM

Mar 2008
WHY THE NURSE?! WHY!?!?
I'm thinking thats its not the class but it's koichi thats causing the deaths when they get involved with him. Also Izumi and Teshigawara were probably thinking "OH shit! this kid is bad news!" when they realized that something bad happened to the person he was talking to.
Jan 30, 2012 12:42 PM

Apr 2009
IchigoHollowfi said:
Wow :O

I don't get how that fall did that to her face .. =O
But still ... wowz.

The speed of the fall was out of the elevator when it hit the ground, but not out of her. And that's why she kind of flattened against the floor the elevator.

Jan 30, 2012 12:44 PM

Aug 2011
The nurse had an exciting trip down to hell. She was like free-falling from a 90-foot building assuming the friction was too low for the elevator to fall loosely. I saw that one coming when they mentioned at the beginning that even parents and siblings are at risk, and this nurse had a brother in the same class as Kouichi.

Now we know for a fact that these incidents don't happen every year, but once it starts, atleast one person in that class dies every month or someone related to them. you fools better watch out

I'm starting to wonder why wouldn't they let Kouichi know about this curse thing. If it's already too late then it doesn't matter, whether or not, they tell him. But i think i know the reason behind "im gonna tell you everything in a month" It's because if no one dies at the first month of the school term then they would probably assume that their class is safe from harm and they won't feel terrified once they tell Kouichi about the curse. I also noticed something, every time Kouichi tries to talk to people on the phone about Mei, the signal goes static. Could this be somehow related to the curse? or it just happens to prevent Kouchi from knowing deeper about the curse.

I think Mei feels that she's the reason glasses girl died, so she might not show up in class anymore, hence her absences in school.

So many things that are still unclear. Goddamn! i really wanna know the connection between Kouichi and this curse. they better explain everything next episode...

R.I.P. Nurse q.q
Jan 30, 2012 12:54 PM

Sep 2011
It certainly seems like all of the deaths are connected to Kouichi or Mei in some way. I still can't tell if something supernatural is involved; while it seems to be hinted that Kouichi's acknowledgement of Mei is connected to these incidents, it still wouldn't surprise me if everything were a nasty set of coincidences so far. I'm a bit worried about his aunt and her headache...

That's why I like this show, though; the mystery really keeps you on your toes.

piperz said:
I think Mei feels that she's the reason glasses girl died, so she might not show up in class anymore, hence her absences in school.

I agree with this. My inclination is that Mei actually does exist, and everyone else is just pretending that she doesn't in order to ignore the curse. Despite this, it seems that Mei's trying her best to go along with it. Her "I don't exist" from last episode could be symbolic.

piperz said:
I also noticed something, every time Kouichi tries to talk to people on the phone about Mei, the signal goes static.

Maybe she just happens to step into an elevator every time she talks to him. :P Still, I really like the tension that the static adds (blame Silent Hill for inspiring some fear from static sounds).

Speaking of which, I'm not inclined to ride an elevator anytime soon...
fireteam_torchJan 30, 2012 12:57 PM
My channel! With anime covers! http://www.youtube.com/user/fireteamtorch
Jan 30, 2012 1:03 PM

Jan 2012
Nasty001 said:
1st, it's the 4 eyes.
Now, it's the nurse.
Who'll be the next in the RIP list?

My thoughts exactly!

Anyway what's with the creepy opening,the creepy doll shop, the creepy dolls popping up during every episode, the creepy old lady, the creepy falling glass, the creepy students that know more than they tell, the creepy episode headings and the creepy preview music?

Seems like only the ending is not creepy. 0.o

Jan 30, 2012 1:13 PM

Nov 2009
This ep just strenghtened my assumption that if someone believes Mei exists, someone (not necessarily the believer?) will die. That's why they probably say she doesn't exist or act like she's not there.

What about Sakuragi? I think that when she almost ran towards Kouichi and Mei, she didn't only SEE Mei; she also ACKNOWLEDGED/perceived Mei's presence and FEARED her.

Mei does exist...but I think for the sake of the curse not to be activated, they try to think and say that she doesn't exist. The curse being that someone will die if they think she exists. Hmm I wonder if there's always someone who has to be a sacrificial goat for isolation every year...or like the curse...it skips a year??

Shibiderune....(or whatever "It's electrifying" is in Jap).
witchhuntressJan 30, 2012 1:41 PM

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Jan 30, 2012 1:19 PM

Oct 2009
Also what's up with the shop keeper saying exact the same thing to Kouichi as last time :']
Jan 30, 2012 1:21 PM
Sep 2011
Oh shit, the nurse's death was quite gruesome, wasn't it? Not explicit enough to really count as gore but detailed enough to convey how painful it must have been.

I really like the dialougue in this series. People might find it dry and slow-moving but for me it managed to establish the cast quite well and make them feel like real and empathic characters not to mention dropping bits of information that might become important later on.
EudaimoniaJan 30, 2012 1:47 PM
Jan 30, 2012 1:28 PM

Aug 2009
Now, thats what I call a faceplant :x

The show has picked up a lot these 2 last episodes, I'm starting to enjoy it :D

Too bad the nurse died though, I liked her :(

Jan 30, 2012 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
Starting to get heavy Final destination vibes from this show.

Which is not an altogether bad thing since amusing, unexpected gory deaths are always fun to watch^^
They do feel much too short each time though xD
Jan 30, 2012 1:42 PM

May 2011
Mediocrity.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 30, 2012 1:49 PM

Nov 2009
And by the convo among Akazawa and the others, it seems like the principal doesn't believe much in curses.

Hmmm what they're doing to Mei is like an opposite of what the class did 26 years ago...treating someone as alive as...not alive or not there...

And in the preview...on Misaki's desk...I believe it meant, "Who is the dead one?"

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Jan 30, 2012 1:50 PM

May 2011
Well, it's not just the students in class 3, but also their family members are susceptible to the curse. Yukira wasn't actually the first victim; Yukira's mother was. The Nurse Girl having a brother in the class must have made her target as well. Especially after she said what she did in her final phone conversation to Kouichi.

They tightened up the plothole that I thought it would be stupid for the administration to have a transfer student attend class 3 in mid year. The principal is a newbie and the teachers don't want to get involved. In Japan the chain of command seems to be almost absolute and unquestioned even if that person is an utter retard.

It's obvious that Kouichi is out of the loop; but the students can't flat out tell him once the class year started. To even speak or acknowledge Misaki's name and/or her existence during the school year seems deadly to you and your family.

I'm not sure why Misaki is entertaining Kouichi's ignorant behavior. It does lead you to wonder if she is real or not. I guess that's the whole point of the plot right now.

I get the feeling after the nurse's death things are starting to turn ugly. Kouichi's behavior, however unintentional it may be, is really causing pain and fear among the students. You just have to remember Yoda's speech to little Anakin Skywalker to realize that the students will turn on Kouichi if he keeps up his "Curious George" routine.

I also fear for Rei. She knows everything but she is bound to "the code" just like the students. She must be scared out of her mind at Kouichi's insistent prying.
CirrisJan 30, 2012 2:13 PM
Jan 30, 2012 1:53 PM

Jul 2009
I'm sure business at this doll making store will be booming soon enough. ;)

Really, we're seeing a Final Destination set-up, yet I'm guessing the leading male and the tsundere with pigtails have character shield.
I'll place a bet.:P

Jan 30, 2012 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. Now the nurse is gone. Ah! I knew it~! I was dreading the end of the episode the whole time -_-"
So gory. And her poor little brother :/

Mei. Just leave. Please. Get out of that place. Lawlz.

It's getting crazy. I honestly don't know what to think..
Every month someone dies. All the people who die are either in the class or closely connected to it. They all have connections to Misaki Mei in some way.
I'm trying to think of some idea that could fit all these conditions, but I'm just not getting anything which is a bit weird for me. Hm.

Actually, I'm not even sure if the other classmates are able to see Mei or not. Sometimes it's clear that they don't see Mei, but other times it feels as if they're denying her existence. I just really don't know :/

Now off to watch Natsume Yuujinchou Shi! (xD BIG change)
Jan 30, 2012 1:54 PM

Aug 2007
You know what, it just hit me as to why Yukari had to rush out of her class. For some reason, I didn't connect the dots that she was rushing out because that teacher told her about her mothers' accident. *d'oh moment*

Anyways, a little disappointed at being able to predict the death this week. It was fairly obvious that the nurse (whose name escapes me at the moment) was in some sort of trouble, and I figured that there was going to be a fall of some sort when that one doll fell off the shelf at "Yomi at Twilight".

What I'm wondering now is if there were more hints to Yukari's death before it happened... if we were able to predict the nurses' death, maybe we could have seen Yukaris'? Of course, then the shock value wouldn't have been as strong, so maybe her death was meant to be the one with no signs beforehand.

I'm starting to like the idea of simply ignoring Mei being the factor that causes the curse to stay at bay. That may also bring in a slight supernatural factor with the Misaki that died 26 years ago.

What I don't understand yet is why the class from 26 years ago didn't have anymore deaths. From what I gather, only Mei died that year, and it seemed as though /everyone/ accepted that she was still, somehow, there with them. So my question now is, when exactly did this curse begin? It may have been unnerving for that class to think of their deceased classmate as still there, but it seems like no harm came to any of them. Could something have happened after that year to cause the curse to begin?

And what about Kouichi's family? Reiko was in class 3 herself, and his father is oddly gone on travel for work, just when Kouichi has to start at the school with a cursed class... >=/

Another question, maybe someone here can answer it: when does a typical junior high year end at a Japanese public school? It was stated this episode that someone is supposed to die each month, which could mean one person or one set of deaths during any given month. How many months/deaths would be left, then?
Yukari and her mother died in May, and the nurse has now died in June. So, could her brother be the next victim for the same month, or will anyone else die at all during June?
Or maybe the whole curse will escalate because of Kouichi's involvement. Akazawa did seem rather intrigued by Kouichi's name when he first arrived at the school...

Gah! So many questions! XS But this is what keeps me watching. Love the mystery behind it!

Also, is anyone else really disturbed by these deaths? I've seen a few horror anime with some pretty bad deaths (namely the uncensored version of Higurashi... damn emo facial distortion), but there's something about this particular show that makes me cringe and really feel afraid before and during each death. Yukaris' in particular, but the nurses' face smashing was no better for me to take. XS
Maybe that just goes to show that classic horror styles always get the best creeps from people. XD
Jan 30, 2012 1:57 PM

Oct 2010
Well, I've gotten into the habit of writing down my thoughts as I watch anime so here's my two cents. I've read most the of the manga, but I think this is free of spoilers.
Jan 30, 2012 1:58 PM

Aug 2011
Bren said:
Also what's up with the shop keeper saying exact the same thing to Kouichi as last time :']

im starting to think that old woman is a doll made by the shop owner xD she freaks me out

well what i'm really curious about is what were the circumstances the previous class had and none of died, and the new countermeasure thing the twin-tailed girl was talking about.
Jan 30, 2012 2:00 PM
Sep 2009
piperz said:

I also noticed something, every time Kouichi tries to talk to people on the phone about Mei, the signal goes static. Could this be somehow related to the curse? or it just happens to prevent Kouchi from knowing deeper about the curse.

Misaki also specifically made mention in the previous episode that she hates cell phones because of their potential tracking capabilities. Could be a clue~
Jan 30, 2012 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
Ravenhood said:
You know what, it just hit me as to why Yukari had to rush out of her class. For some reason, I didn't connect the dots that she was rushing out because that teacher told her about her mothers' accident. *d'oh moment*

Anyways, a little disappointed at being able to predict the death this week. It was fairly obvious that the nurse (whose name escapes me at the moment) was in some sort of trouble, and I figured that there was going to be a fall of some sort when that one doll fell off the shelf at "Yomi at Twilight".

What I'm wondering now is if there were more hints to Yukari's death before it happened... if we were able to predict the nurses' death, maybe we could have seen Yukaris'? Of course, then the shock value wouldn't have been as strong, so maybe her death was meant to be the one with no signs beforehand.

I'm starting to like the idea of simply ignoring Mei being the factor that causes the curse to stay at bay. That may also bring in a slight supernatural factor with the Misaki that died 26 years ago.

What I don't understand yet is why the class from 26 years ago didn't have anymore deaths. From what I gather, only Mei died that year, and it seemed as though /everyone/ accepted that she was still, somehow, there with them. So my question now is, when exactly did this curse begin? It may have been unnerving for that class to think of their deceased classmate as still there, but it seems like no harm came to any of them. Could something have happened after that year to cause the curse to begin?

And what about Kouichi's family? Reiko was in class 3 herself, and his father is oddly gone on travel for work, just when Kouichi has to start at the school with a cursed class... >=/

Another question, maybe someone here can answer it: when does a typical junior high year end at a Japanese public school? It was stated this episode that someone is supposed to die each month, which could mean one person or one set of deaths during any given month. How many months/deaths would be left, then?
Yukari and her mother died in May, and the nurse has now died in June. So, could her brother be the next victim for the same month, or will anyone else die at all during June?
Or maybe the whole curse will escalate because of Kouichi's involvement. Akazawa did seem rather intrigued by Kouichi's name when he first arrived at the school...

Gah! So many questions! XS But this is what keeps me watching. Love the mystery behind it!

Also, is anyone else really disturbed by these deaths? I've seen a few horror anime with some pretty bad deaths (namely the uncensored version of Higurashi... damn emo facial distortion), but there's something about this particular show that makes me cringe and really feel afraid before and during each death. Yukaris' in particular, but the nurses' face smashing was no better for me to take. XS
Maybe that just goes to show that classic horror styles always get the best creeps from people. XD

I know what you mean about the deaths *shudder*.

But as for your question, I'm pretty sure the summer starts in late July or early August.., however their summers aren't that long. A month or so I think.
Jan 30, 2012 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
So I guess everyone is dying one by one huh.. ;~;
Jan 30, 2012 2:06 PM

Apr 2009
All right, now this show is getting godly bit by bit. But suspense can't just grow all the time - it will be off the charts in the last episode with the current pacing.
But still - I have this cozy feeling that we are observing how the very first good anime horror is progressing with our own eyes. Although, it's a pity that everything's being dragged down by the MC - he's just so fucking beta. With this small scratch on the whole, it's totally the anime of this season for me (thus far).

5/5 for this episode.

Jan 30, 2012 2:12 PM

Jan 2009
EPIC WIN BIRD LOL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Jan 30, 2012 2:17 PM

Aug 2010
Im hoping both Teshigawara and Izumi stay alive :I based on past experiences though, any characters I want to stay alive ends up dying anyways =w=
I haven't seen that glasses dude this episode, did I somehow miss him o_O?
Anyways nurse's death was predictable as many others have said, but man that elevator crash was terrible, THE POWER OF GRAVITY DX
Jan 30, 2012 2:21 PM

May 2011
ow creepy shizzle going down.

as soon as i saw the motor i was like ... no. no!!!!!!
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Jan 30, 2012 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
Another great episode,the suspense is building greatly.

Bye bye cute nurse,that what happen when you meld into things you shouldn't....i going to miss her.
So no it looks every episode someone will die that is great still there are many thing left in the dark....AWESOME i really enjoy this anime probably the best this season...cant wait to see who will die next!
Jan 30, 2012 2:43 PM

Sep 2011
Aww... and the nurse was cute too :(
But looks like there will more people dying eventually. One of the shows this season for me that just keeps getting interesting.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.