Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 1, 2012 8:48 PM

Nov 2011
Drowl said:
Was it just me, or I actually laughed at the tadakuni intro...

I did too. Just say "Daily Lives of Highschool Boys" and show a dude laying down doing notihng, it's so true to the anime title. XDDDD

Anyway I think the gags are getting a bit weaker since epi 1, but I like the atmosphere so much, is a very comfortable anime to watch.

Tadakuni questioning if he is getting apart from his friends was cool, I know how it it's to be a kid and to think of that. But no, he really shouldn't "act like a girl" thinking like that for too long... Even cuz that sort of thinking seems to summom those WHO THE HELL ARE YOU guys! xD

And Yoshitake was sooo not into talking to that girl. XD And she went from -_- to *-* so fast when her friend came! xD

I liked this epi better than 3 too (apart the mole sketch on 3). I miss Hidenori, the funniest so far, next epi is his childhood? Nice. XD
Feb 2, 2012 3:29 AM

Jun 2011
It's true, huh? There are tons of anime about the daily lives of high school girls. This is something really original. The student council president fight was kind of awesome. AND WHO ARE THOSE GUYS?!
Feb 2, 2012 4:42 AM
Jun 2011
Ani-Blast said:
1 > 4 > 3 > 2

I guess I'll keep this up for my opinion. Though this show continues to do a great job of making laugh every week. New stuff all the time. :)

EDIT: Karasawa, ever the silent male warrior who constantly stands out without even trying. xD

I agree with the rankings.

Btw, the high school girls these days seem to be on way more potent stuff than the crack Kurata Sana used to take in the 90's.
Feb 2, 2012 6:26 AM
Jun 2008
This episode is good, I was actually a bit hesitate to watch this because the last one is kinda boring.I think I will continue watching this .
Feb 2, 2012 6:31 AM

May 2010
Not as funny as the first 2 eps but still laughed some parts of it.

The intro scene was just a random Tadakuni laying on the tatami. lol

I find it hilarious when the female student council just barged in

and saw the male student council room filled with delinquent-like atmosphere and members. XD

The horror house segment was funny too.
Feb 2, 2012 1:13 PM
Sep 2011
The way how the girls are depicted here is actually quite accurate as I have to deal with girls like these on a daily basis.

Overall, a great episode, had me laughing out loud a lot.
Feb 2, 2012 1:22 PM

Jan 2008
Oh dam, that scene after the ending felt so sexist. Though why should I care? I was lmfao.
Feb 3, 2012 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
that was an enjoyable episode.
Feb 3, 2012 9:49 AM

Jul 2009
haha, I'm liking both of the student council presidents. I found "Ringo-chan" really adorable and that male president has such an easily likable personality. I hope they will have more screen time.
Feb 3, 2012 4:45 PM

Apr 2008
I still find this show quite funny, but I feel like they could have done a lot more with the culture festival. A meeting of all boys and all girls schools had a lot of material for the main crew's love trials. I guess it would have been weird to continue it for multiple episodes, but condensing into two sets of male female interactions seems wasteful.
Feb 3, 2012 6:58 PM

Feb 2008
Great episode, laughed at every gag except the one before ending. Don't really like repeating stuff. About the last gag, did that scene have any meaning or was it random? When Karasawa threw sweets. But his reaction to their shouting was hilarious, and so was their reaction to sweets. They were like animals hahaha.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 3, 2012 8:15 PM

Dec 2006
lol 5/5 This episode sure made me laugh hard!
That fight with the K-on!~ BGM was awesome xD!! and the "girls are funky" skit sure was funnier "what are you, monkeys in a zoo?" xD
Feb 4, 2012 1:06 AM

Oct 2011
i dont know if i have to laugh or to be disgusted with hidenori's costume lol
great episode. cant wait for the next one :D
Nope.
Feb 4, 2012 6:58 AM

Mar 2009
nice episode haha~

i miss Literature Girl T__T~
Feb 5, 2012 3:17 AM

Aug 2010
WHO ARE YOU GUYS
Feb 5, 2012 5:56 PM
Jun 2008
The high school girls part was pretty lolzy.

Very good episode.
Feb 5, 2012 9:31 PM

Apr 2009
Looks like the majority of people are enjoying latter episodes less but still laughing. I tried, guys, but I couldn't laugh. Told myself that if I laughed at least once this episode, I wouldn't drop it but all it got out of me was a smile near the end. I guess it's back to rewatching Nichijou and forgetting about Macho Nichijou.

Feb 8, 2012 8:43 AM
Nov 2011
Felt wierd when President called ringo-chan, just like Tabuki called ringo-chan in Mawaru Penguindrum~

Anyway, it's good to see Zura here XD
GuuxxFeb 8, 2012 8:48 AM
Feb 15, 2012 1:01 AM

Apr 2009
The best joint cultural festival of their lives! XD The highlight was the fight of course with the BGM provided by the East High's Light Music Club. LOL

The one that got to me unexpectedly was the ending with the three girls, their taunting voices were just perfect...

Toshiyuki-kun! Toshiyuki-kun! Why won''t you die?! Why do try so hard to live?

then Karasawa throw them some sweets and they acted like monkeys in the zoo literally! ROTFLMAO

The posted advice at the preview makes sense though: The number of characters is steadily increasing but it won't cause you any problems if you don't remember them.

Well that's really nice of them. :D
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 24, 2012 6:46 PM

Sep 2008
Now this was an awesome episode.
It was probably because of Head and his posh attitude. He just always has to get punched in the face huh?

The ending with the funky girls was the best ever also.
Having a boy toss sweets at them actually represents actual real life... I wish. Funny nonetheless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2012 12:32 PM

Aug 2010
President is a bro
Mar 31, 2012 8:36 PM

Apr 2007
"You know I...don't hit girls."

haha it was obviously going to come to that. Prez may be awesome, but I knew he was going down :P Best episode yet~
Apr 1, 2012 8:04 AM

Mar 2008
I laughed a lot =)
Apr 3, 2012 6:50 PM

Dec 2007
The very ending was really funny
"Why won't you die?!"
"Why do you try so hard to live?"
Apr 12, 2012 6:23 AM

Jul 2011
Another great ep, I thought the guys would act more strange around the girls though, seeing how they acted throughout the first episodes.
May 1, 2012 8:58 PM

Mar 2012
every moment of this episode is so hilarious XD

LOL, and suddenly.. the two presidents fought each other.. xDD
May 11, 2012 6:23 PM

Apr 2012
The funniest thing about this episode for me was the intro.
Just Tadakuni laying there while I'm waiting for something to happen, and then the OP starts playing and I burst into laughter.
Aug 10, 2012 6:05 PM
Jul 2012
This episode sucks.
End was aright.
2/5
Aug 29, 2012 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
loved the bit at the end, also their were funny parts in the cultural festival part, but didn't really care much for the part with the black haired dude feeling isolated.
Oct 28, 2012 11:58 AM

May 2012
another quite funny episode, lets see what's up next!
Nov 20, 2012 4:07 AM
Dec 2011
I honestly have NO clue why I picked this and started watching, there are few hilarious parts but they're there I guess, but that end just now was worth it!! Hahah he has the right idea throw them sweets.

Want to talk more about the anime message me!
Jan 16, 2013 1:52 PM

Nov 2011
I actually liked this episode better than the past ones! =D

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Mar 29, 2013 6:54 AM
Mar 2013
I laughed at the first skit. Tadakuni just lies, I expect something happens, those two friends might suddenly run in... but nothing happens.

Then after watched whole ep I realized it is not merely a WTF lol scene, but also is a precursor of following skits. It shows his friends are absent, Tadakuni is alone now...
Engrish speaker
Jun 9, 2013 7:05 PM

Mar 2011
The ending scene this episode was the funniest skit of the series so far.

"Why do you try so hard to live?"
Jun 18, 2013 11:53 PM

Jan 2013
It started to bother me that the girls in this anime always beat up on the boys.
Jul 22, 2013 6:26 PM

Jan 2010
the highschool girls part after the credits made me cry omg
Sep 16, 2013 6:19 AM

Oct 2009
Hmm could've been better, still fun though. High School Girls stole the show though :)
Oct 9, 2013 1:48 AM

Mar 2012
Ishida-san~ Dam these girls have anger issues xD
Oct 20, 2013 11:23 AM

Jun 2013
gandalf8 said:
Epic school festival episode we got this week sandwiched by Tadakuni's skit anguishing over how far apart he feels from his two best buds lately. The fight between the student council presidents was the highlight of the episode for me. I loled when Toshiyuki nonchalantly asked the East High Light Music Club to provide some BGM for the fight. Too bad they didn't show the play by 2-A shown in the background in the ED though.

I'm sorry for what I am about to say but this episode was BAD. Why was it bad? Because that annoying president (girl) just had to be a stuck up brat with zero quality what so ever. I mean come on! This episode was actually quite funny with the scene in the begining and some other parts, but then she appeared. It's so typical to see this in anime and it drives me crazy every time. WHY DO THEY THINK IT'S FUNNY TO SEE A GIRL BEAT UP A BOY EVERYTIME?! Have you ever seen a boy beat up a girl in one of these school animes? No? That's what I thought. The whole "girl beats up boy everyone laughs" is such an overdone cliche.

I might be overreacting a bit, for that I'm sorry, but don't tell me this episode was good or even close to being good. If you are one of those people that still think "girl beats up boy everyone laughs" is funny, go hang yourself (not seriously, it's just a figure of speech).
Nov 16, 2013 5:12 PM

Jan 2013
Probably the most hilarious episode in this season,it was awesome :D
Well played boys well played :)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 26, 2013 12:04 PM

Oct 2012
Boring episode but the end with girls saved it.
(WTH were those ugly old men?)
Jan 21, 2014 1:55 PM

Oct 2013
"Yay! Sweets!" so smooth, Toshyuki :D
Apr 10, 2014 8:09 AM

Sep 2013
hahaha wow that would be the best haunted house ever. hahahaha
Jun 25, 2014 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
Ringo-chan isn't even her real name, hahaha. I can't be the only one shipping the two presidents, ne? :3
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Oct 23, 2014 6:37 AM

Sep 2014
I lol'd at the president vs. president scene plus the BGM part.. Nice improvisation by Karasawa..
That was a great haunted house they made btw.. Such detailed costumes..

The high school girls part when they were eating the sweets made me laugh hard haha!
XiferVPOct 23, 2014 6:41 AM
Nov 15, 2014 5:30 AM

May 2010
Tadakuni is me. Seriously. Too insecure when it comes to friendship.But LMAO didn't expect them to be some look-alikes.

Dat screaming scene LOL. But really, is that really something made by high school boys. Seemed too unreal.

Dat play was hilarious.

Ringo-chan is too awesome.

The troll Hidenori and Yoshitoke just ruin the moment in the best awesomest possible way. NUff said.
Feb 13, 2015 10:46 PM

Apr 2008
I just can not get into this anime. I'll keep trying, but it's been pretty boring for me so far. This style of anime doesn't really seem to be my thing, especially with Japanese oriented jokes. Obviously that's expected from anime, but I'd probably find it funnier if it were something I had experience with and could relate too.

The characters aren't uninteresting and the music has been decent.

Feb 22, 2015 8:44 PM

Dec 2013
AnimeSweden said:
gandalf8 said:
Epic school festival episode we got this week sandwiched by Tadakuni's skit anguishing over how far apart he feels from his two best buds lately. The fight between the student council presidents was the highlight of the episode for me. I loled when Toshiyuki nonchalantly asked the East High Light Music Club to provide some BGM for the fight. Too bad they didn't show the play by 2-A shown in the background in the ED though.

I'm sorry for what I am about to say but this episode was BAD. Why was it bad? Because that annoying president (girl) just had to be a stuck up brat with zero quality what so ever. I mean come on! This episode was actually quite funny with the scene in the begining and some other parts, but then she appeared. It's so typical to see this in anime and it drives me crazy every time. WHY DO THEY THINK IT'S FUNNY TO SEE A GIRL BEAT UP A BOY EVERYTIME?! Have you ever seen a boy beat up a girl in one of these school animes? No? That's what I thought. The whole "girl beats up boy everyone laughs" is such an overdone cliche.

I might be overreacting a bit, for that I'm sorry, but don't tell me this episode was good or even close to being good. If you are one of those people that still think "girl beats up boy everyone laughs" is funny, go hang yourself (not seriously, it's just a figure of speech).

this also annoys me. Its like the fall back "joke" (lame attempt at humor) that 90% of anime use.
ururunationFeb 22, 2015 8:51 PM
Mar 12, 2015 2:19 AM

Nov 2013
This anime is turning me into a misogynist.

OH BOY ANOTHER GODDAMN TSUNDERE! CAN RINGO JUST FUCK OFF ALREADY?!

Watching that council president get beaten up by Ringo pissed me off. I'm sick of this I don't hit girls nonsense. If she's beating the crap out of you, BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HER BACK AND PUNCH THAT BITCH'S FACE IN!

The only part that was funny in this episode was the haunted house scene. The rest of it was stupid.

Terrible episode. I came to see an anime about boys and to get away from annoying female archetypes and I still have to deal with stupid tsunderes!

4/10 I've had enough of this. I'm gonna put this on hold and have to watch it later cause this is too much.
FunnyRatmanMar 12, 2015 2:30 AM

Mar 25, 2015 5:25 AM

Jun 2013
High school boys vs. High school girls

Tadakuni came to greet Hidenori and Yoshitake, but they were different people and their faces... HAHAHAHAHAHA. I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING. DEM FACES. And it happened two times: the beginning and the last part.

Karasawa knows what he's doing. LOL @ him throwing them chocolates. It was funny how the girls complained that they had short screen time and the boys get their own anime. ROFL.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 9, 2012

317 by Samurai_YanZi »»
Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 26, 2012

294 by Etli_Krrep »»
Feb 10, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 16, 2012

141 by WELLERM »»
Jan 14, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Feb 7, 2012

149 by im_rehan »»
Jan 5, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2012

131 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.