Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2008 9:58 PM

Aug 2008
Ok the fighting in this anime is freakin sweet but there isn't much story structure. The characters are pretty flimsy. BUT! There is a bit of ecchi which is a positive. This Mezzo is alot calmer than Forte, which had rape scenes and tons of violence. Mezzo DSA still has violence however and the hand to hand combat scenes are very fluid.

JOIN http://www.playstationcastle.com FOR GAMING FORUMZ!

Aug 31, 2008 8:52 AM
Jul 2008
Barnabys are fantastic!
Oct 6, 2008 5:08 AM

May 2008
Yeah..I don't get it WHY the OVA have all that "inapropriate" scene...Don't think was necessary
Nov 23, 2008 10:07 PM

Nov 2008
it’s nice to have this series apart from all these crude scenes. Although the plots are wierd, there is a plenty of funny scenes, esp. with Occhan
May 17, 2009 11:27 PM

Jan 2008
The series gets a kick-ass start, flops shortly thereafter. Redeeming qualities appear a bit further into the series.

It's unfortuneate that it had a lot of potential and didn't deliver enough to make-good on the expectations. Mezzo Forte was fantastic. The first episode of DSA was fantastic. Oh, well, not the first series to whet the appetite and then fail.
~ Mr. Panda // Twitter: @ManlyBats
~ The Anime Historian
~ Fleet Admiral, Manly Battleships®
Ask Mr. Panda Thread
Follow Mr. Panda's VCR of DOOM! review series here. Now on YouTube!
Apr 15, 2010 7:47 AM

Feb 2008
Stroy is average at best. concept plot is widely used in anime land.
Great songs, and music backgrounds..
Likeable characters, its good keeping it with short casts.

The only think that keeps me watching this show to the end is Luci Christian voice as Mikura, and the fluid fighting animation~
Mar 18, 2012 8:08 PM
Jul 2009
I just finished the anime.. and now I really want noodles LOL.

What happened to the "handsome assassin" anyway? Did he end up dying? D:
Jul 20, 2016 4:45 PM

May 2015
I was a little bit disappointed with this one I would love to see more of the gore + fighting scenes ballad that Mezzo Forte and Kite his predecessor have… The animation was also a letdown in my opinion sometimes the art felt inconsistent and that affected the score for me.

You can watch Mezzo DSA without seeing Mezzo Forte, there are a few scenes that refer to the events that happened in Mezzo Forte but I still wouldn't call it required. That being said Mezzo is just a fun anime.

This series follows the members of the Danger Service Agency as they take on a variety of jobs; all of them dangerous. The group consists of protagonist Mikura Suzuki, a girl with combat skills; Kenichi Kurokawa, the agency's manager and noodle addict and computer expert Tomohisa Harada; they are occasionally joined by schoolgirl Asami Igarashi who wants Mikura to teach her how to be like her. Most of their cases only take one episode but there is something going on in the background; a mystery assassin appears to be targeting Kurokawa… who employed him and why will remain a mystery till the series approaches its conclusion when things get a bit darker.

It's episodic so don't expect to get any kind of deep story from it. I'd recommend it if you're looking for something with a good mix of action and comedy. Despite the cover of the anime focusing on Mikura's butt, Mezzo doesn't have that much fan service in it. Unlike Mezzo Forte, Mezzo DSA doesn't have any hentai scenes in it either. If you have time to spare give it a try!

Mr_Panda said:
The series gets a kick-ass start, flops shortly thereafter. Redeeming qualities appear a bit further into the series.

It's unfortuneate that it had a lot of potential and didn't deliver enough to make-good on the expectations.
+1

@UserDeleted
I believe Kazuto died from the wounds that he got from protecting Mikura and his parting words to her when she asked why he did that? he replied he did it because he always do what he pleases...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mezzo DSA Episode 13 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 19, 2014

6 by A1E1BA »»
Mar 10, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Mezzo DSA Episode 12 Discussion

4 by A1E1BA »»
Mar 10, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Mezzo DSA Episode 8 Discussion

3 by A1E1BA »»
Mar 10, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Mezzo DSA Episode 4 Discussion

3 by A1E1BA »»
Mar 8, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Mezzo DSA Episode 1 Discussion

ezikialrage - Jun 10, 2010

7 by QueenNothing »»
Mar 5, 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.