Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 26, 2013 10:01 PM

Jun 2011
Berserk, Attack on titan and Claymore.
Jun 26, 2013 10:53 PM

Jun 2008
WAIT....there's anime WITHOUT fan service?

What the fuck is the point of watching that?
Jun 26, 2013 10:56 PM

Jun 2008
OnePieceQ8 said:

Err....what about Mikasa's lips?

^plenty of fanservice bro....DEM LIPS~
Jun 26, 2013 10:57 PM

Nov 2011
JustALEX said:
OnePieceQ8 said:

Naww man, THIS is fan service.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 27, 2013 2:06 AM

Sep 2007
Technolyze and Serial Esperiments Lain don't have much fanservice in them.
Jun 27, 2013 2:08 AM

Dec 2012
Most shoujo anime don't have fanservice.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 27, 2013 2:16 AM

Feb 2013
PantsMan said:
Ragix said:

Naww man, THIS is fan service.

Fine stuff you got there, but it definitely doesn't hold a candle to her sort of fanservice...

If you want fanservice, then watch Najica Blitz Tactics. Fanservice every 10 seconds, trust me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2013 5:08 AM

May 2013
JustALEX said:
OnePieceQ8 said:

DON'T YOU FORGET LEVI'S D.
Jul 1, 2013 5:05 AM

Jan 2009
Psycho-Pass
Jul 1, 2013 5:11 AM

Aug 2012
j0x said:
Psycho-Pass

No.
Jul 1, 2013 5:23 AM

Jul 2012
E_chan said:
Technolyze and Serial Esperiments Lain don't have much fanservice in them.

I think you could find something that counts as fanservice in them. But Haibane Renmei as mentioned a couple of pages before by me, that really has no fanservice.

Really guys Haibane Renmei. No fanservice at all. It's also hard to sexualise the Haibanes.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 1, 2013 9:35 AM
Mar 2013
I think you could find something that counts as fanservice in them.

If you can, fanservice doesn't have much meaning, does it? I don't think it means any instance of nudity or sexual suggestion, there has to be an element of base pandering involved.
Jul 1, 2013 9:45 AM

Feb 2013
Mostly, if you look carefully, any anime has some sort of fanservice.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jul 1, 2013 10:06 AM

Jun 2013
Fate Zero?
except for that scene with Gilgamesh there isn't really any in your face fanservice....
Jul 1, 2013 10:10 AM

Aug 2012
Anime that has NO fanservice.

Kids anime like pokemon and digimon have occasional fanservice..

Even 'realistic' anime has it time to time..like death note misa....
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jul 1, 2013 10:17 AM

Nov 2010
sherlock5545 said:
Mostly, if you look carefully, any anime has some sort of fanservice.
Then you've obviously never watched any shorts.
Jul 1, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
Highschool DxD has no fan service, you should try watching it sometime!
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 1, 2013 11:33 AM

Jun 2008
Leapling said:
JustALEX said:
OnePieceQ8 said:

DON'T YOU FORGET LEVI'S D.

Yeah, that too.

They should just rename the show Shingeki no fanservice....it's all over the place!
Jul 1, 2013 11:48 AM

Apr 2011
That's what I hate on anime, in every single one there are many type of fetish references everywhere and most of them are the provoking outfit.
I'm still kinda sure that some anime movies doesn't have any but they're mostly rated for all ages so you can't expect a dark story.
I'm not much into movies so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about lol
It's just my first thought.
Jul 1, 2013 1:15 PM

Jul 2011
Peten00b said:
Highschool DxD has no fan service, you should try watching it sometime!

oh yeah, specially the OVAs...
Jul 1, 2013 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
Kaiji :D Oh wait, the ending theme of second season is full of fanservice!

Jul 1, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2012
BanzaiJedi said:
If you specifically want an absence of sexual fanservice then Studio Ghibli is probably the best place to start, except for Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind. There are lots of upskirt shots, and Nausicaa is always flying about without underwear, which certainly catches the eye (no actual nudity, it's not hentai).

I know that you will probably never read it, but at any rate: Nausicaa wears pants, unfortunately it's of the skin colour, thus to some imaginative types it may be confusing.

Tormented said:
I'm still kinda sure that some anime movies doesn't have any but they're mostly rated for all ages so you can't expect a dark story.

Now and Then, Here and There

It's been awhile but i don't remember any fanservice in:

Fantastic Children
Noein

Kemono no Souja Erin isn't exactly rainbows and unicorns either, even if it's a children oriented series.

There are many anime films and series that don't have fanservice, fanservice is something that is created to gratify, be it sex, or be it violence, or explosion, (btw, not all pretty scenery in anime is fanservice, in fact most of them are not). Most of these type of films are aimed at broader audience, not only in regards to age but also background, education, culture or/and are experimental in nature, in other word they are not trying to appeal to a fetish in order to sell. Also, the more formulaic something is the more fanservice there will be.

SlothieSloth said:
Texhnolyze, now give me your chips.

There were instances where the violence in it is gratifying, same goes for Berserk (not even going to mention the manga).

The funny thing about Texhnolyze is that in it the body itself is objectified to the point where it's almost sexual, but you wouldn't call it fanservice.
figuetteJul 1, 2013 3:23 PM
Jul 1, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
aura battler dunbine didn't have to much unless the fairy counts...lol
Jul 1, 2013 5:12 PM

Dec 2012
Other than good old Ghibli junk I'm drawing a blank. Tame is not exactly my cup of tea though.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 2, 2013 3:54 AM

Feb 2013
Absolutely no fanservice in Najica Blitz Tactics
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2013 4:01 AM

Jan 2013
I don't think there is any fanservice in Honey and clover
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jul 2, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
Tiago97 said:

Baccano!

If Baccano! Doesn't have fan service then what do you call this?
Jul 2, 2013 8:52 AM

Jun 2013
Kino's journey, I'd say. I can't remember any actual fanservice.
Jul 2, 2013 3:22 PM
Oct 2011
Akagi, there even were no female characters there if I remember correctly. (no male service too)
Jul 2, 2013 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
DrunkenBlowfish said:
Tiago97 said:

Baccano!

If Baccano! Doesn't have fan service then what do you call this?

Better example:

Jul 2, 2013 3:39 PM

Apr 2013
Wouldnt be more simple to re-word the title of the thread ?
"Anime with NO sexual fanservice" ?
I mean the whole anime is fanservice , take out fanservice and you'll have what?
A light novel in the best cases.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 3, 2013 2:00 PM

Feb 2013
I don't remember there being any in Fate/Zero. Asides from the half naked Gilgamesh that is. Dem abs.
Jul 3, 2013 2:27 PM

Dec 2012
Kino's Journey, discussion over.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Jul 3, 2013 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
No offense but maybe you're too immature to handle a little bit of nudity even when there is nothing sexual about it and confuse it with fanservice ?
In most series, blatant fanservice is limited to one or two episodes at the very best.
Jul 3, 2013 6:28 PM

Jun 2008
No one answered my question....

What's the point of watching anime without fanservice?

And if you're smart, you realize that there's ALL kinds of fanservice not just the sexual kind.
Jul 3, 2013 6:29 PM

Jul 2012
I've made a mental note to skip all anime mentioned here.
Jul 3, 2013 6:44 PM

Apr 2013
JustALEX said:

And if you're smart, you realize that there's ALL kinds of fanservice not just the sexual kind.

You are right but the level of pandering differs, you shouldn't take everything so literally, I think for most people they don't like it when it is too blatant.
Jul 3, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2008
SlothieSloth said:
JustALEX said:

You are right but the level of pandering differs, you shouldn't take everything so literally, I think for most people they don't like it when it is too blatant.

Fair enough.

Overdoing it and pandering to excessive levels can become annoying to certain people.

No doubt about that.
Jul 3, 2013 6:57 PM
Feb 2012
JustALEX said:

There is no anime without fan service so you're 100% right. Let others be ignorant.
Jul 3, 2013 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
Free!
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 3, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
LimeSlate said:
JustALEX said:

There is no anime without fan service so you're 100% right. Let others be ignorant.

Did neither of you read the opening post? This topic is mostly for discussing perverted fanservice, not that discussing other fanservice is out of the question but when someone says "fanservice" in the context of this topic they most likely mean perverted fanservice like the examples the topic creator gave unless they specify otherwise.
Jul 3, 2013 7:39 PM
Feb 2012
Brotwo said:
LimeSlate said:
JustALEX said:

Did neither of you read the opening post? This topic is mostly for discussing perverted fanservice, not that discussing other fanservice is out of the question but when someone says "fanservice" in the context of this topic they most likely mean perverted fanservice like the examples the topic creator gave unless they specify otherwise.

Do we have to stay on that topic? I actually like that "fan service being applied to anything" was brought up. It goes to show how ignorant so many people are when they pigeonhole the very concept. It's not even derailing so as you may think.
Jul 3, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
@LimeSlate
When someone gives a definition of something to avoid confusion and says "discuss" why does the MAL community have to turn the topic into debating the meaning of said something. It's getting annoying and happens way more than just with this topic.

Alas, you don't "have" to stay on topic. I guess this is just how MAL rolls and there's not much anyone can do to stop it.
Jul 3, 2013 8:15 PM
Feb 2012
Brotwo said:
@LimeSlate
When someone gives a definition of something to avoid confusion and says "discuss" why does the MAL community have to turn the topic into debating the meaning of said something. It's getting annoying and happens way more than just with this topic.

Alas, you don't "have" to stay on topic. I guess this is just how MAL rolls and there's not much anyone can do to stop it.

Debate is inevitable on a forum like this. Given MAL's community that's what you'll get regardless.
Jul 3, 2013 8:25 PM

Jan 2013
LimeSlate said:
Brotwo said:
@LimeSlate

Debate is inevitable on a forum like this. Given MAL's community that's what you'll get regardless.

I'm failing to see how your post relates to what I said. My point was that we should debate or discuss the topic itself and not the meaning of said topic.

What did I say where "debate is inevitable on a forum like this." would be a sensible response.
BrotwoJul 3, 2013 10:52 PM
Jul 3, 2013 10:32 PM

Jun 2012
Usagi Drop?
Jul 4, 2013 12:44 AM

Apr 2013
Brotwo said:
LimeSlate said:
Brotwo said:
@LimeSlate

I'm failing to see how your post relates to what I said. My point was that we should debate or discuss the topic itself and not the meaning of said topic.

What did I say where "debate is inevitable on a forum like this." would be a sensible response.

What you just have said it looks and sounds like this : "My boss told me to lick his boots so I'm going to lick his boots . Why should I ask him why and why should I refuse ?"
Seriously , "fanservice" is highly missunderstood and it shows how many know the definition of fanservice . The anime itself is a fanservice and I'm not the only one who said it , obviously.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 4, 2013 1:47 AM

Jan 2013
BloodyNightsky said:
What you just have said it looks and sounds like this : "My boss told me to lick his boots so I'm going to lick his boots . Why should I ask him why and why should I refuse ?"

No, it isn't. Brush up on your analogies.

BloodyNightsky said:
Seriously , "fanservice" is highly missunderstood and it shows how many know the definition of fanservice . The anime itself is a fanservice and I'm not the only one who said it , obviously.

Definitions aren't set in stone and a word can have multiple meanings. "Anime itself being a fanservice" is a warped form of the broadest possible meaning of "material in a series which is intentionally added to please the audience."
Nov 14, 2015 3:52 PM
Nov 2015
I would say Nichijou, Pokemon, fate stay night, binchou-tan, attack on Titan, and most of the k-on episodes!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

180 by Shizuna »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

96 by DigiCat »»
12 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

23 by Ex-Aid »»
13 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 23 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
23 minutes ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

11 by Ex-Aid »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.