Forum Settings
Forums

Third Season of Sora no Otoshimono Confirmed (EDIT: Replaced by a Second Movie Due 2014)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 24, 2013 12:24 AM

Mar 2011
One of the few ecchi shows that I truly love. Cant wait
Raziel1991Jan 24, 2013 12:28 AM
Jan 24, 2013 3:15 PM

Sep 2010
Third Season will probably be the worst out of the three, ive read the manga and checked how much S3 would cover, i would expect only "echii fillers" and nothing more in particular, im not saying Sora No Otoshimono is bad, i watched it for the story, not the echii and i have to say Minazuki Suu could have developed more story to it, the character design is amazing, the quality of the manga as well. Its just that...it feels a bit exaggerated and could have been taken a little more seriously, just imagine what the series would be like if there was a "full-scale story" to it, way better. Honestly, it feels like a "waste of talent" although i cant stop liking it as well for its charm.
Jan 30, 2013 5:32 PM
Dec 2012
Lets hop that the show isn't cancelled.... After the long waiting......
Feb 4, 2013 5:40 PM

Nov 2011
333mage11 said:
Lets hop that the show isn't cancelled.... After the long waiting......

If they do that, I'll burn them, their wives, their dogs, their houses...
I'm a cat
Feb 5, 2013 12:12 AM
Dec 2011
I think it's time to watch the first 2 season.
Feb 11, 2013 5:36 AM
Feb 2013
Has anyone heard when it releases?

ArchAngelx240Feb 11, 2013 5:50 AM
Jun 12, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
Well the manga will hold me over until then
Jun 12, 2013 11:50 AM

Jun 2013
dtshyk said:
According to the cover of Monthly Shonen Ace magazine March issue, the third season of Sora no Otoshimono was announced.

Source: Cover of Shonen Ace

Story by ShiroiRyu

Sora no Otoshimono 3 on MAL

I love you.
Jun 27, 2013 11:55 PM

Feb 2013
I will be in a state of depression if this is canceled...
Jun 28, 2013 12:06 AM

Sep 2010
Been a year and a half almost so maybe it will be canned?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 28, 2013 12:46 AM

Aug 2012
Roloko said:
Been a year and a half almost so maybe it will be canned?

No, it was announced that Sora no Otoshimono's 3rd season making is going smoothly.
Jun 29, 2013 1:13 AM

Apr 2013
OH YEAH! ANOTHER SEASON!
This world is Rotten. Rotten people should be killed off to cleanse this world.
Yagami Raito (Death Note)

Since The Beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens, neither you, nor I, not even God himself, but that emptiness in the throne of heaven will be filled from this day forth, i will be the one to stand in the heavens.
Aizen Sosuke (Bleach)

In a world like that, there’d be no need for love anymore either. If everyone were perfect, there would be no need to look out for others. Sympathy or love is needed because people are imperfect. A perfect human cannot love anyone.
Keima Katsuragi (The World God Only Knows)

Jun 30, 2013 7:58 AM

Aug 2012
The first 2 seasons were really popular, and the movie was acclaimed by a bunch of critics everywhere. FUNimation even got the rights to dub both seasons and the movie, so it's popular in the west as well. Season 3 is wanted by a lot of people, and cancelling it wouldn't end up being a good thing for them.
Jun 30, 2013 8:03 AM

Apr 2012
I can see it now!!! The Boo- I mean PLOT!!!

Yes yes! it's coming to me!! Muahahha. Will be on my top priority list.

MY BODY IS READY.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jun 30, 2013 2:30 PM

May 2013
Any set date when its going to be aired?
Jul 1, 2013 3:44 PM
Apr 2013
it'll probably come out in the Fall anime since season 1 and season 2 were released in Fall too, recently they said the production was going smoothly i'm pretty sure so at least its not cancelled c: if its not out this fall i'll cry x.x really looking foward to it
Jul 1, 2013 8:56 PM

Sep 2011
Its been 1.5 fucking years already, this beeter be a 2 cour series, with a 4th and final season
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 1, 2013 11:57 PM
Mar 2012
I hope it doesnt get cancelled. a friend of mine told there will be season 3 of sora no Otoshimono. well that's when I used Anime Amino app on my iPod touch. and that's where I got fired up for.
Jul 2, 2013 2:32 AM

Jun 2009
By the time the next season comes out I probably have to rewatch the previous seasons. Not that I mind, I enjoyed SnO enough to re-watch it~
Jul 2, 2013 4:31 AM

Oct 2010
Maybe I'll actually check out the previous seasons before this one sees the light of day. Optimistic.
Jul 2, 2013 10:53 AM

Aug 2012
Trynita said:
Maybe I'll actually check out the previous seasons before this one sees the light of day. Optimistic.

Dude, you must!
Jul 2, 2013 11:10 AM

Feb 2013
Asteris said:
Trynita said:

Dude, you must!

Agree
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2013 10:35 PM
Apr 2013
I started watching this show about two or 3 days ago and finished it. Took me a bit by surprise with the type of humor but after awhile I found my-self enjoying it more and more. Looking very forward to the 3rd season!
Jul 15, 2013 5:05 AM
Apr 2013
I'ma cry.. its not in the Fall 2013 animes :c
Jul 15, 2013 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Fapple said:
I'ma cry.. its not in the Fall 2013 animes :c

There's still some time before fall comes, they can just announce it later, hte lists can be updated at any given time. Don't lose hope.
Aug 4, 2013 12:28 AM

Jun 2012
Are you sure this is legitimate?
Shoot first, think never.
Aug 4, 2013 12:51 AM
Jun 2013
I Hope, This Anime Will be Released in This Year,, :D or Next Year
Aug 4, 2013 2:16 PM

Nov 2012
Wakzz said:
I Hope, This Anime Will be Released in This Year,, :D or Next Year

and next year again and next year again and next year again -_- :p
Aug 15, 2013 4:35 PM
Jul 2013
I recommend to watch the movie of this series too because it covers parts from the manga which will not necessary appear in the 3rd season!
Aug 16, 2013 10:25 AM

May 2013
Oh my f'ing gosh wasnt this third season scheduled to come out sometime in august or september or october it was one of those month that i saw next to air date on this site what happened did they push it back
[noimg]http://ilp.moe/Index%20top.png[/noimg]
Image scheme by AIDA
Aug 16, 2013 2:17 PM

Jul 2008
If the reason we still haven't heard much from S3 is that they're simply waiting for the current arc in the manga to have a proper ending, so they can include it. By all means... delay it until 2014. WHAT JUST HAPPENED NEEDS SOME SERIOUS ANIMATION.
Aug 16, 2013 2:39 PM
Feb 2013
I really should start on season 1 soon...
Aug 17, 2013 8:32 AM

Aug 2013
Been waiting for months.. years... still hoping it'd make it this fall. *being optimistic*
Aug 24, 2013 5:18 PM
Jun 2012
i hope it hurries it up with it. i really can't wait till it comes out.
Aug 24, 2013 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know very much about the ecchi-harem genre that seems to be rising significantly in the anime industry. But i think every ecchi-harem anime I've seen in the last decade, save one or two exceptions to the rule, are all the same thing; incredibly weak attempts at creating jokes of standard romcom clichés, populated by a cast of uninteresting characters with one-note personalities who fill the standard eroge archetypes. The “jokes” usually drop away after a couple of episodes and they just go whole hog with the “you're reading a shitty drama novel” storyline, everything gets all serious and dramatic near the end and then it's wash, rinse, repeat. There's nothing to indicate that this show will try to do something different on next season.

And when someone goes on to preach two hours straight about the importance of fanservice in romcom anime, i plug my earphones to my iPad, preferably playing heavy metal to drown out the noise.
Aug 24, 2013 6:22 PM

Aug 2013
Looking forward to it! My body is ready to touch itself.

Aug 24, 2013 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
Amihulur.

You sure love to spread hate on every post you make on this board.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Aug 24, 2013 7:32 PM

Aug 2013
You can interpret my posts as you wish, though i still stand on my opinions. And i'll be glad if someone actually engages me on debate and proves me wrong instead of making me out to be a villain for simply criticizing a show.

Ah, forgot to unplug my iPad
Aug 24, 2013 7:53 PM

Jul 2013
Amiluhur said:

And when someone goes on to preach two hours straight about the importance of fanservice in romcom anime, i plug my earphones to my iPad, preferably playing heavy metal to drown out the noise.

And i'll be glad if someone actually engages me on debate and proves me wrong instead of making me out to be a villain for simply criticizing a show.

Huh?
You don't want to see praises but want a debate ? Anyway.

You know where this is going but i'll give my honest and sincere opinion.
There are people who laugh at this, it puts a smile in their faces and on mine. They want to see it more and more. (Even though it's more of the same)

I believe most of these kind of shows don't try to be anything but humorous, but when they try, they often fail.

Finally, does it bother you this much when people enjoy this much ?
I don't think if these shows don't existed, there won't just be deep masterpieces.
I mean, just like at all other media. (Sturgeon's law it is).
Aug 24, 2013 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
JoksPacifist said:
You know where this is going but i'll give my honest and sincere opinion.There are people who laugh at this, it puts a smile in their faces and on mine. They want to see it more and more. (Even though it's more of the same)

Then cool for them, if they find it to their liking. Unfortunately, this one just doesn't bode very well for me, despite its interesting premise. I sat through 2 seasons waiting for it to actually give me proper and reasonable developments, only to get badly executed drama, over the top fanservice silliness, hit-or-miss joke, and never actually gave any glimpse of the world building aside of tiny hints all over the place which, in the end, just being brushed of by the characters, and back to another silliness again before even adressing to the main conflicts at hand
I believe most of these kind of shows don't try to be anything but humorous, but when they try, they often fail.

My most problem is how jarring and forced its attempt at making something into serious mode when overall tone of the show is comedy to begin with. You know? First few episodes gave me rain of panties, then some over-the-top-battle, then some fanservice again, then over the top battle, over and over again. I wouldn't mind so much if this show could make some balance between those two, but they come off to me as cheesy and forced for the most part. Again, this is just me and no one else
Finally, does it bother you this much when people enjoy this much ?
I don't think if these shows don't existed, there won't just be deep masterpieces.
I mean, just like at all other media. (Sturgeon's law it is).

I don't care what other people enjoy, and never i said something to ask this series to be a masterpiece. And applying sturgeon law here doesn't help since none of my post above mentioned every single thing about comparison of this show with another. And lastly, don't put words into my mouth
Aug 24, 2013 11:25 PM

Sep 2011
The fact that it switches from comedy and "serious mode" is a staple in the series already. I am still annoyed.

By the way... Still no info on season 3? Damn, not this year either! Makes me believe that the next season will be the last season. Better be 2 cour
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 25, 2013 5:34 AM

Sep 2012
Amiluhur said:
. I wouldn't mind so much if this show could make some balance between those two, but they come off to me as cheesy and forced for the most part. Again, this is just me and no one else
Actually I would say that the BALANCE between well-executed fan service (yea, flock of flying panties is now considered classic among the fanservice connoisseurs) and sharp execution of serious drama, both done with plenty of over-the-top exaggeration is precisely why it has won over so many fans and is the key to is unexpected success. Of course I am sure you have plugged in your earphone already by now LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 25, 2013 6:14 AM

Aug 2013
symbv said:
Actually I would say that the BALANCE between well-executed fan service (yea, flock of flying panties is now considered classic among the fanservice connoisseurs) and sharp execution of serious drama, both done with plenty of over-the-top exaggeration is precisely why it has won over so many fans and is the key to is unexpected success.

^This

Finally someone who gives me proper response without outright calling me a troll

Of course I am sure you have plugged in your earphone already by now LOL

Nah, just changed the song into thrash metal just now
Aug 25, 2013 6:20 AM

Sep 2012
^ All I want to say is taste differs from person to person. As long as we try not to generalize personal preference to make it sound like objective fact, and keep the language courteous and sensible, I believe everyone can share different opinions here.

Yeah, I now prefer thrash metal to the classic heavy metal, though recently I have been listening to anime songs most of the time LOL

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 28, 2013 5:33 AM

Jul 2013
By the way... Still no info on season 3? Damn, not this year either! Makes me believe that the next season will be the last season. Better be 2 cour[/quote said:

i heard it will come out on mid way through October =D (2013) not sure what day tho srry
Aug 28, 2013 5:38 AM

Jul 2008
Meanwhile Spice and Wolf will never get a third season. Fuck this world.
Aug 28, 2013 3:52 PM
Aug 2011
Maybe they are waiting for the manga to get really far ahead so they can make season 3 around 24~ episodes? Wishful thinking, but it'd be nice.
Aug 28, 2013 4:18 PM

Nov 2008
2-D said:
Meanwhile Spice and Wolf will never get a third season. Fuck this world.

It wouldn't sell in the 2010's.

Oct 23, 2013 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
Apparently the Third Season is now turned into a second Movie in 2014. Going to gather more information about it before I post a new thread about it.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19467.html

Oct 23, 2013 11:00 AM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
Apparently the Third Season is now turned into a second Movie in 2014. Going to gather more information about it before I post a new thread about it.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19467.html

:'( wasn't a big fan of the movie
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

26 by Avery20 »»
18 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.