Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 20, 2012 3:54 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I did not expect to see a gun in Zero no tsukaima :O
and underestimating seen as Joseph was defeated as easily.
Now the question is, what will happen with the series to be defeated Joseph?
Jan 20, 2012 4:05 PM

Jul 2011
Enjoyable still. Let's make that continue.

mdzJan 22, 2012 11:25 AM
Jan 20, 2012 5:22 PM

Jul 2010
Saito brings a handgun to the fight. I wonder where Juilio found a handgun?

In any case, Joseph and Sheffield are defeated. Tabitha wanted to put the exclamation mark on Joseph for the pain and suffering she went through but Saito and Louise stop Tabitha from doing so.

Next episode looks to be back to comedy and ecchi moments.
Elite60Jan 20, 2012 5:25 PM
Jan 20, 2012 7:29 PM

Oct 2010
My first reaction that was surprising was the result of the following,

Damn red orb blasted like I never would have though of the power it could have.

However what most paid off is the following,

TT_TT Tabitha I am so happy your revenge came true. So happy since the season I found out of the terrible shit he did to you. Tears cannot express the happiness I have for Tabitha at that part. I am most happy to share that part with all Tabitha fans. She finally gave Joseph what he deserved. I hope many are happy that appreciate Tabitha as a character for this amazing coup of grace.

I hope the bastard fried nice in the spoiler
that white light sure must have purified him enough to not see his hide at all. I do hope he stays dead, I mean can they pull a Colbert hat trick on us?

Finally it will be my guilty pleasure in the spoiler
from the PV of the next episode.
Please make it a hot bed scene for the fans. We want this for a while now for Saito x Louise. May edit later.

BTW Image Stitches done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=393809
Some amazing ones of Louise, Tiffania and Tabitha.
Yumekichi11Jan 24, 2012 11:24 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 21, 2012 5:07 AM
Jun 2008
Where is the tank and land battle? T.T" Anyway way, who cares ...

So.. the Pope only want to have war.I can see the dark side in his future or maybe he will become last boss for this season ^.^
Jan 21, 2012 10:13 AM

Aug 2008
What? That's all of Joseph?
Either I overestimated him or J.C.STAFF fucked things up. I suspect the latter.
Jan 22, 2012 11:13 AM
Jan 2012
KaitoDash said:

Well its not really the J.C's staff's fault. They do have to cover 10 light novels in 12 episodes. The entire series is only 22 (or maybe 21?) light novels, so they have to cover about a light novel each episode (which is the rate that they are currently going at) and each light novel is really really long. If you want to see more fights with Joseph then you should read the light novels.

I guess they could have either not followed the light novels or only focused on a few of them. If they only focused on a few of them, the ending would not be good enough, since this is the final series of the anime. And I'm kind of glad that they followed the light novels for the most part because I thought the light novels were really good.

I guess they could have also not made this the final series, but they probably had a good reason for doing so. Maybe there was not enough interest in it and not enough people would watch it?
Jan 22, 2012 11:14 AM

Sep 2009
Well he surely exploded along the ship when they left them alone there...
Jan 22, 2012 11:37 AM

Mar 2011
Hmm... Though i did enjoy the episode.... it felt as if it was extremely rushed and I noticed a few plot holes, that weren't properly explained as the episode progressed...
Like seriously? Julio ends up giving a freaking handgun to Saito? that seems a bit Lucretius...
Also. Vittorio "Pope" Serevare's plan to provoke King Joseph was a bit far fetched too.
Oh well, other than a few discrepancies, I enjoyed the episode.
Those fire gems were sure effective on the armies though,
I wonder what happened to King Joseph's army?
Anyways, Looking forward to episode 4,
Hopefully this series will live up to its expectations.

Jan 22, 2012 11:46 AM
Nov 2009
That was tooo damn fast. this is the last season too. sigh.

I also hear of a tank...

I WANT A TANK
Jan 22, 2012 11:58 AM
Apr 2011
interested in where the rest of the season will be going and again that ED is freakin cute lol
Jan 22, 2012 12:12 PM

Jun 2010
HE WAS DEFEATED IN THE FIRST 3 EPISODES?!?!?!?! Sounds to me like he's still alive, maybe. I don't see how this season is going to progress any further unless they find the new void mage.

Jan 22, 2012 12:44 PM

Dec 2011
Theres of course some kind of secret boss somewhere down the line...
Jan 22, 2012 12:57 PM

Dec 2011
Awsum episode. I'm glad they rescued Louise so fast, so now we can enjoy some *EXPLOSION* jokes again.

I don't think he died. He faked his death and is hiding somewhere, planning something even more perverted and gay.
Jan 22, 2012 1:09 PM

Jun 2011
asdf75965 said:
KaitoDash said:

Well its not really the J.C's staff's fault. They do have to cover 10 light novels in 12 episodes. The entire series is only 22 (or maybe 21?) light novels, so they have to cover about a light novel each episode (which is the rate that they are currently going at) and each light novel is really really long. If you want to see more fights with Joseph then you should read the light novels.

I guess they could have either not followed the light novels or only focused on a few of them. If they only focused on a few of them, the ending would not be good enough, since this is the final series of the anime. And I'm kind of glad that they followed the light novels for the most part because I thought the light novels were really good.

I guess they could have also not made this the final series, but they probably had a good reason for doing so. Maybe there was not enough interest in it and not enough people would watch it?

No it is JC staffs damn fault, they are the idiots that decided to finally do a new season of it but being the dumbasses they are they decide to do it when they are doing like 6 other series this season. Then their next retarded idea is to go "hey i know lets stick about half of the entire light novel series into 12 episodes." So what give the first 10 or so novels 3 seasons then shove the other half of the entire Zero no Tsukaima series into 1 12 episode season? Real clever they dont even give it 24 episodes or just do 13 episodes this season then another season later. They also decide to cut out stuff, rush it and mix it around as much as they can. Also all that anime original crap they did in the third season and changing other things in previous seasons they have pretty much managed to end up raping the light novels story. Did they sit down and think to themselves how they can just screw it up and came up with this? They must be handicapped to ever think this was a good idea.

People cant read all the light novels because baka-tsuki only has about 12 of them done and after that they are only partly translated or not started yet.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jan 22, 2012 1:16 PM

Jul 2011
Agree with most comments here. There were too many sudden unpredictable events in the course of this episode, particularly the fact that the guy everyone thought was the main antagonist is defeated so early on in the season. Perhaps he's still alive. Who knows?

However I'm glad that this season is not all ecchi for once, though it gave that feeling in the beginning. My rating went from a 6 to an 8.
Jan 22, 2012 1:49 PM

Nov 2007
i have a rule when i see anime. if i don't see the bastard die, the bastard ain't dead.
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Jan 22, 2012 2:31 PM

Jun 2007
thank god
cause i was starting to dislike zero f cause of Joseph still being the bad guy
man he really sucked as a bad guy. finally he is dead and maybe a better bad guy will show up

and i would love to see Saito being a familiar to both Tiffa and Louise. why not.
Jan 22, 2012 2:58 PM

Jun 2009
Saito with a sig 226. Did not see that coming
Jan 22, 2012 3:26 PM

Jan 2011
The Gun unexpected but ......it was a pretty good ep
Jan 22, 2012 3:30 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
bubbleboy352 said:
i have a rule when i see anime. if i don't see the bastard die, the bastard ain't dead.

Yep. My rule is similar - until I see the mangled lifeless body and, preferable, a full coroner's report, no cinema character (live action or animated) can be safely considered dead and gone.

Yep - I called it the first episode. You can't trust that pope further than you can spit. I'm willing to bet he's got other plots simmering.

Otherwise, that was a fun episode. Though I felt as if it could easily have been expanded, I don't have any important complaints.
CratexJan 22, 2012 3:34 PM
Jan 22, 2012 5:07 PM

Sep 2010
Badass with that gun.
Well, it was fun. 10/10.
Wait, it's not over? Oh...
Jan 22, 2012 5:09 PM

Nov 2009
Rushed episode was rushed.

Barely saw the threat before it was eliminated.

I suspect this is what to expect for the rest of the series...villians will come and go in single episodes, maybe two. J.C Staff, I am disappoint. Could have done with at least 26 to finish this series off properly =/
Jan 22, 2012 5:22 PM

Dec 2009

That is all.
Symphogear
Jan 22, 2012 6:12 PM

Oct 2011
Completed ep.3/3 :P
Jan 22, 2012 6:34 PM

Aug 2010
Tifa didn't get any praise even though she was a big reason they won.
Jan 22, 2012 6:47 PM

Aug 2008
Slicer22 said:
asdf75965 said:
KaitoDash said:

No it is JC staffs damn fault, they are the idiots that decided to finally do a new season of it but being the dumbasses they are they decide to do it when they are doing like 6 other series this season. Then their next retarded idea is to go "hey i know lets stick about half of the entire light novel series into 12 episodes." So what give the first 10 or so novels 3 seasons then shove the other half of the entire Zero no Tsukaima series into 1 12 episode season? Real clever they dont even give it 24 episodes or just do 13 episodes this season then another season later. They also decide to cut out stuff, rush it and mix it around as much as they can. Also all that anime original crap they did in the third season and changing other things in previous seasons they have pretty much managed to end up raping the light novels story. Did they sit down and think to themselves how they can just screw it up and came up with this? They must be handicapped to ever think this was a good idea.

People cant read all the light novels because baka-tsuki only has about 12 of them done and after that they are only partly translated or not started yet.

I read you both and have to agree with Slicer22. It's J.C.STAFF fault for doing a one-cour finale now.
I guess the 3rd season didn't give any promising, so they decided to finish the franchise with low budget to hurt less.
This means they doomed themselves by messing up the 3rd season, And that affects the Finale in an extremely bad way.
Jan 22, 2012 8:35 PM

Dec 2010
Decent episode, not surprised that Joseph lost so quickly since i heard they have a lot to cover but that's part of what concerns me moving forward; this season should have been longer, i don't care if it wouldn't have been proportional to the first three. If there is 10 or whatever novels to cover they need more episodes to cover the material otherwise the quality will drop and we will get episodes like this where the pacing is off. Hopefully there isn't any filler since with the short season as it is it doesn't have one episode to lose since this is the final season.
Jan 22, 2012 9:37 PM

Sep 2011
That reminds me- did Julio and that other dude kiss too? (Contract thing)
Jan 22, 2012 10:09 PM

Jun 2011
I think i need to watch all 3 seasons again b4 i can fully integrate into this 4th season
Jan 22, 2012 10:16 PM

Apr 2011
So Saito brings a shiny M1911 Colt .45 and busts a cap in Sheffield's knee. Nice! Now she can say "I used to be a Void Mage like you. Then I took a .45 in the knee. "
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Jan 22, 2012 10:53 PM

Oct 2010
BULLDOG266 said:
So Saito brings a shiny M1911 Colt .45 and busts a cap in Sheffield's knee. Nice! Now she can say "I used to be a Void Mage like you. Then I took a .45 in the knee. "
Skyrim stuff again? ROFL!
KaitoDash said:
Slicer22 said:
asdf75965 said:
KaitoDash said:

I read you both and have to agree with Slicer22. It's J.C.STAFF fault for doing a one-cour finale now.
I guess the 3rd season didn't give any promising, so they decided to finish the franchise with low budget to hurt less.
This means they doomed themselves by messing up the 3rd season, And that affects the Finale in an extremely bad way.
To all this, would they cover all with 26 episodes instead?

Why am I feeling RAGE from loads of LN fans out there since this episode aired? Oh I know, because ending disaster may happen?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 23, 2012 12:00 AM

Feb 2011
wtf? so they killed him?

I thought they needed him......was way too rushed.
Jan 23, 2012 12:06 AM

Apr 2008
In the OP, there are glowing eyes...someone's out there to cause trouble.

I wanted more explosions ^^:

The gun shocked me. I thought it'd be like...an old one. Like a matchlock. But heck no, he had a glock or something like that o-O; And NOT afraid to use it!

Aww Tabitha...

Pope did what?!
Jan 23, 2012 12:51 AM

Aug 2008
Damn.
And that's why the original source material tends to be the best, hands down.

The perfect example would be UBW movie. Pretty much orgasmic to somebody that played the game, but being nearly unwatchable to someone who hadn't.

Anywho, the action scene between the two was cool, for the 1-2 minutes it lasted :P
Jan 23, 2012 12:56 AM

Feb 2010
And what the fuck he suddenly pulls out a gun, that was unexpected!!
Jan 23, 2012 1:52 AM

May 2010
Great,it seems like zero no tsukaima now,last episode didn't seem that good.
Jan 23, 2012 3:17 AM
Sep 2010
Ditto Slicer. I was wondering if I was the only person who felt really rushed. Things that should have great meaning are now shallow, mere plot contrivances.
Jan 23, 2012 4:37 AM

Jul 2009
Bah... the king got taken out way too fast and easily >.<

When they used that mirror on Louise I was hoping we would see at lest some few episodes with her as an powerless captive^^

Also if Saito actually trained some and learned to fight properly he would not have to be such an weak coward and bring a gun to compensate for his lack of skill -.-'
And while we're at it, give the boy some proper armour instead of that fugly blue tracksuit.
Jan 23, 2012 4:53 AM
Jun 2008
EternalDreamer said:

And while we're at it, give the boy some proper armour instead of that fugly blue tracksuit.
I think during season 2, he did change cloth for 10sec .During the time when loiuse drank the love potion part.
Ya, I think he need a new cloth or transformation because that blue tracksuit is kinda boring ...I bet he will still wear that if there is a next season lol
Jan 23, 2012 6:12 AM
Aug 2011
Seems I can't go into an episode discussion thread these days without seeing a lot of complaints. Am I the only one just happy to see the show back? xD

I do agree it was a bit rushed, I wish they would increase this seasons episode count seeing as this is the final season. Oh well, can't always get what you want. Just happy to see more animated.
Jan 23, 2012 12:03 PM

Oct 2011
Well Joseph's gone. But I didn't really give a rats ass about him.
Now I'm pretty sure that the void priest guy is the main antagonist of this season.
Jan 23, 2012 2:00 PM
Dec 2010
Nice episode, they are getting a lot things done in 1 episode. And what a tease the preview was, now i cant wait for the next episode. Fan service await us. Which will be nice because they weren't much fan service in this episode.
Jan 23, 2012 3:09 PM

Oct 2009
The ******* don't put half the novels in 12 episodes, make it at least 24. Way to rushed atm... D:
Jan 23, 2012 4:01 PM

May 2010
I want to see Tiffa try the summoning again. If she does, I hope she gets something cool.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jan 23, 2012 6:14 PM
Dec 2011
I have a feeling Saito is Tifania's familiar. I noticed in the opening he was pictured in front of both Tifania and Lousie...

Also, I can almost guarantee Joseph isn't dead. He was "defeated" wayyy to easily.

It seems like the next episode will have some yuri moments... interesting.
Jan 23, 2012 6:30 PM

May 2011
I facepalmed really hard when Tabitha or Saito didn't kill him when they had the chance. I'm predicting that they weren't in that explosion; they teleported or moved away fast enough and used the explosion as a decoy to feign death.

That's my reasoning as to how this will continue. It didn't require much thought since this series is terribly linear. It's either that or some conspiracy with the Pope and Void comes in.

I'm also glad to see that Tiffania realizes that Saito couldn't be her familiar. I'm getting a little tired of these mixups.
Jan 23, 2012 10:28 PM

Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

Finally it will be my guilty pleasure in the spoiler
from the PV of the next episode.
Please make it a hot bed scene for the fans. We want this for a while now for Saito x Louise..

THIS^^

I've been waiting ever since the boat scene for something like this!!!

(Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that in the boat scene Saito isn't moving at all...)
Jan 24, 2012 11:16 AM
Jan 2012
I looking forward to the next ep
Jan 24, 2012 6:46 PM
Jul 2011
Hm... That was resolved so fast it looked very easy. And from what I've read here, they'll have to keep up that pace 'til the end.

Well, good riddance to Joseph (at least for now, because his death really isn't convincing) - being basically a sociopath on a quest for something that affects him he wasn't terribly interesting to me. But I'm getting concerned that all the remaining arcs might also be so rushed that I won't be able to truly care about them. Wouldn't be the first time J.C. Staff shook me off in the last season due to having slacked with the plot beforehand.

Apart from those plot concerns, it was a nice episode. And hurray for Tifa - she was actually being useful, and pretty much so :-)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 17, 2012

71 by Toptenfunnymomen »»
Jan 5, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 23, 2012

381 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Mar 9, 2012

120 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 24, 2012

77 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 2, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Feb 3, 2012

135 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.