Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 19, 2008 11:27 AM
Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What do you guys think of this episode?
Aug 20, 2008 2:10 AM

Mar 2008
Well thought it was a good episode. Thought Allen might use the ark to get back inside of the room. Sadly so many are injured he had to go with Bookman for backup. I'm sure when Cross sobers up he'll be right over there :).

Not to mention the big difference in power between Allen's new power and lvl 3 akuma. Lenalee goes through an insane struggle and he's just chopping up multiples all at once. Seems like the akuma are going to need another boost in order to not be pushovers.

Knew the scientists would be in trouble here. A lot have already been killed with some turned into skulls as well. Still there is a big struggle for the akuma plant so have to keep fighting.

Oh and Lulubell in a bikini "Strike!"
Aug 20, 2008 3:00 AM
Apr 2008
FlareKnight said:
Not to mention the big difference in power between Allen's new power and lvl 3 akuma. Lenalee goes through an insane struggle and he's just chopping up multiples all at once. Seems like the akuma are going to need another boost in order to not be pushovers.

You're gonna be surprised in probably 1-2 episodes. If you wanna spoil the surprise just click below.

Aug 20, 2008 8:56 AM
Mar 2008
where did you guys watch it i looked on veoh and didn't find it help??
Aug 20, 2008 4:15 PM

Jan 2008
Oh, and it was a great episode :) We Finally get action :O
xLtayAug 20, 2008 5:45 PM
Aug 20, 2008 5:02 PM

Jan 2008
I thought it was kind of ridiculous that they portrayed the lvl 3 akuma so weak or Allen so strong should I say. I mean Lenalee fought one and... there was 1000's there ? >.> I really hate when they do stuff like that. But it was a good episode overall.
Aug 20, 2008 6:22 PM
Jun 2008
Yea..Allen's power has gotten a boost..remember when he first got his new power he handled a level 3..and even beyond that is the sword he has that can beat noah's.

So yea...level 3's are cannon fodder at least for him.
Aug 20, 2008 6:30 PM
Jul 2007
Whats with the numbers on the arc? and why are they going up?
Aug 20, 2008 6:51 PM
Apr 2008
AnimeRyu said:
Whats with the numbers on the arc? and why are they going up?

I don't know what you mean by "going up", but the numbers is the number of the door from the dark Arc. Didn't watch the anime soon enough before it was removed on Youtube.

Suncrest said:

I think everyone's downloading & watching the show, either that or they watch the show before any episode got literally kicked out in sites like Youtube, as I said earlier.
Aug 20, 2008 7:49 PM

Feb 2008
...... why did they waste time on those stupid flashbacks. they could have lateast ended it when all the elete showed up. i hate hwo they always endit like an unfinished sentense.....
Aug 20, 2008 8:49 PM

Mar 2008
i really loved it
i cant wait till next ep :)
Aug 20, 2008 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
like the person up there said i understand how Allen can defeat them so easily, but why the hell is Bookman taking them out in groups? he couldnt even damage one level 3 akuma not that long ago
Aug 20, 2008 11:41 PM

Jul 2007
silentknight0083 said:
like the person up there said i understand how Allen can defeat them so easily, but why the hell is Bookman taking them out in groups? he couldnt even damage one level 3 akuma not that long ago

Well for one, the ones bookman has hit did not explode. So the chances are he just stopped them temporally and Allen haxx00rzed them latter. Bookman was able to hold back the LVL3 in ship for few minutes. So if not killing, he is at least able to kick them in the balls a bit.

kisami said:
...... why did they waste time on those stupid flashbacks. they could have lateast ended it when all the elete showed up. i hate hwo they always endit like an unfinished sentense.....

Because it develops characters and strengthens their intentions and resolve? -.-
And cliffhanger endings are one thing I just can't help but love :)

TheMoonShinigami said:
I thought it was kind of ridiculous that they portrayed the lvl 3 akuma so weak or Allen so strong should I say. I mean Lenalee fought one and... there was 1000's there ? >.> I really hate when they do stuff like that. But it was a good episode overall.

Even before getting the sword, he one-hit killed LVL3. And those lvl3 were not depicted THAT weak, at least Allen got a lot of sweat in this. Its obvious that he could NOT handle all of the LVL3 there.
Aug 21, 2008 12:38 AM

Mar 2008
kisami said:
Did seem like a waste to not have them show up but then show them fighting in the preview.
Aug 21, 2008 12:48 AM

Feb 2008
wow, this ep was actually pretty gruesome! Wasn't expecting head-smooshing, for sure. I hate seeing everyone so helpless!

I just don't know if my heart can take more characters I've "gotten to know" being killed off *cough..Code Geass..cough* ^^;;

Anyway, looking forward to seeing that one general's white monkey thing in action...been wondering what's up with that, lol.

P.S. Bookman "strike!" was hilarious and yet somehow disturbing.
Aug 21, 2008 2:59 AM
Aug 2008
Pretty much agreed with everyone here. I am excited for the next few episodes though! I want to see the Generals fight! xD Even though read everything in the manga, gotta love seeing it. And omg incognito, agreed with your second sentence. :[
Aug 21, 2008 3:37 AM
Apr 2008
silentknight0083 said:

Remember he was injured in the Edo arc. Also, he could handle the combined Akuma during the Noah Ark arc after that, for his injuries are taken in by Miranda.

BTW don't tell me the Oceania branch head is dead!
Aug 21, 2008 6:41 AM

Jun 2008
roa57 said:
Pretty much agreed with everyone here. I am excited for the next few episodes though! I want to see the Generals fight! xD Even though read everything in the manga, gotta love seeing it.[

oh yes... this was a good episode, but I bet next one will be better^^, go Generals!!!
Aug 21, 2008 8:43 AM

Jan 2008
This epi was quite good, but i guess it was an intro for the things that'll happen in the next few epi's

in short: CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK
~de Arimasu
Aug 21, 2008 12:47 PM

Jul 2008
god i was happy that he didn't die =D
and i loved this episode and almost cried =']
lol can't wait till next episode =D
Aug 21, 2008 1:46 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode. Quite some action and story development. Can't wait until next week. Power of the Generals promises to be a great episode ^^
Aug 21, 2008 2:10 PM

May 2008
Oh god, episode was so twisted and dark! I can't believe they just splattered heads and actually killed a supporting character that was probably well liked! Man, this is so far from the PC junk i'm used to.

Lulubell is pissing me off. She's too expressionless and I want to punch her in the face for being such a murderous and annoying twat to Allen.

I'm just wondering why Allen doesn't put on his cape. Cape has sharp edges and can probably kill a whole bunch of Akuma at the same time. I mean, we all know it can cut off akuma limbs and stuff, why not kill?

I'm still shocked at how dark this episode was.
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Aug 21, 2008 6:59 PM

Mar 2008
Head splatting. Woah. I'm glad they didn't show the actual squish part, just the blood. That was gruesome enough.

I don't like Lulu Bell. She irks me, and I want her to go die now.

Damn, Allen is taking down those level threes! It makes Lenalee's struggle with them that much more pathetic. Although... (manga spoilers)

Also: So, Bookman should not be checking out Lulu Bell. Ew. It's funny, but disturbing. I guess Lavi had to get it from somewhere though, right? ^^;
Aug 22, 2008 8:03 AM
Aug 2008
Loserkid said:
Head splatting. Woah. I'm glad they didn't show the actual squish part, just the blood. That was gruesome enough.

I don't like Lulu Bell. She irks me, and I want her to go die now.

Damn, Allen is taking down those level threes! It makes Lenalee's struggle with them that much more pathetic. Although... (manga spoilers)

Also: So, Bookman should not be checking out Lulu Bell. Ew. It's funny, but disturbing. I guess Lavi had to get it from somewhere though, right? ^^;

I know right? Haha. I was cracking up at that part. It was like so random too. xD As for the head splattering, I kind of wanted to see it, but didn't. Kind of understandable though.
Aug 22, 2008 8:27 AM

Dec 2007
OMFG ! ALLEN looks COOL ^^ hahas . and i hate it ! because they always keeps me in suspension >< wahhs ~

Aug 22, 2008 9:02 AM

Apr 2008
The Level 3s portrayed in this episode seem to be so much weaker than the one Lenalee fought. From their encounter of past Level 3s, we know that they need to eat a crapload of lower levels to get to 3, and that as Level 3s, they keep all the abilities of the Level 2s they eat. For example, the one Lenalee fought was able to control gravity and such. However, all the Level 3s in this episode did was shoot purple beams like Level 1s.

And also, why do the Level 3s all have humanoid shapes? They were so much cooler as Level 2s >_<
Aug 22, 2008 6:18 PM

Jul 2008
i loved this ep man allen is pissed man next ep cross comes in yes!!!^^
Aug 22, 2008 10:09 PM

May 2008
i like this episode i cant wait till the next episode cuz we get to see all the generals powers cant wait!!!
Aug 23, 2008 2:11 AM

Aug 2008
Aah, can't wait to see what happens with Lenalee. :O

Aug 23, 2008 8:22 AM

Dec 2007
I was satisfied with this episode, and since I read the manga, I can't wait untill next ep, as well as episodes after that.

Aug 23, 2008 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
Suncrest said:

either download it or watch it at [url]anivide.com[/url] =]]]

anyways the minor characters are really.. uh.. unlucky -_-
everyone has said it: good thing they only show the blood >,<
Aug 25, 2008 8:07 PM

Oct 2007
strike!!! lol... nice episode... seems like allen is way stronger than he was before... he's whooping those akuma like nothing... i also wonder what's going to happen to lenalee and her innocence
Aug 28, 2008 3:12 AM

Oct 2007
really cool episode!
by the way if you need find the episode you can find at megavideo.
Sep 2, 2008 12:13 AM
Jun 2008
i LOVE this ep.
wow talk bout action? i was cringing when they were lining up the researchers.
and woww. someone got a power boost o-O; he was lik whee *shing shing shing << sword sound effects
and lik those lv3's got owned.
but the head going ke-splat was lik *lip tremble
cnat wait to see how the nxt ep plays out + WE GET TO SEE THE GENERALS FITE!! (i wanna c da monkey). and i wonder wat lenalee will do
p.s - lulubell in a bikini = STRIKEEE ♥ ♥ *smirk.
Oct 9, 2008 2:27 PM

Mar 2008
Suncrest said:

I was using megavideo until it decided to spaz up on me (aparantly I can only watch 62 minutes of videos a day T^T) so now am using imeem - very good quality and loads of licensed anime (though keep it hush hush from funimation xD)
Jul 21, 2009 11:04 PM

Mar 2009
seee this is why they should have worked on fixing lavi's hammer kandas sword and worked on finishin choajis arm thingers!

this is just a random thought but are the inspector and the head nurse related? i mean look at those eyebrows!!!!
Oct 30, 2009 9:03 PM

Jul 2009
AWWWWW... I fell so sorry for the scientists.(Its so digusting!!!)

ALthough it was areally good ep. & talking about tat I really hate tat leevire, or wat-so-ever it was called. POOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR Lenalee(Of course Allen,too!!!!!)
Feb 1, 2010 4:02 PM

Dec 2008
Geez Lenalee needs to calm down and realize that people would miss her if she's dead.

on a ther note
TAPP!! NOOO!!

Feb 4, 2010 1:24 PM

Jan 2009
I hate Lulubell >_<

I wanna see Cross get there and kick some akuma asses >_<

Feb 9, 2010 4:12 AM

Sep 2008
<_< What are those skull things anyway? What's their purpose?

Kind of tough to sit around watching your comrades get their heads smashed in, so you can understand why Reever jumped out, even though it was kind of a really bad idea...

Eh, yeah. Some inconsistency with how the level three akuma are portrayed when their fighting Exorcists. But Kanda was taking them out pretty easily before (the big things that were made out of many level three akuma) so hey, maybe it isn't too much of a long shot to have Allen pwning them left and right.
Sep 22, 2010 4:23 PM

Jun 2009
And so the action begins again.

I can understand Reever's actions, it's incredibly difficult to be calm without to do anything when all your friends and camarades are murdered in front of your eyes. Tapp...
If the Oceania branch head wasn't killed before by Lulubell or drown, I think being hit with that canoe ended the job...

Such a down in the animation is disappointing, it has been like that in some episodes but it's too noticiable this time.

I want to see all the General's fighting. That's gonna be awesome.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 29, 2010 1:02 PM

Dec 2010
poor Tapp! those skull things look cool but it was so sad that everyone was dieing! Allen's like super strong all of a sudden taking down the level three akuma like their nothing! Where's Cross?!! I want to see Lenalee's new abilities and her finally fighting again...
Jan 10, 2012 2:01 PM

Dec 2009
Entertaining. Allen is definitely stronger now.. let's see what happens with the others |:
Jan 7, 2013 10:28 AM

Jan 2012
The episode was rather good, though I'm waiting for marshalls to join the fight.

May 8, 2013 4:07 PM

May 2012
Damn that one dude got turned in a skeleton guy... a good episode overall, lets see what's next!
Jun 21, 2014 6:34 AM

Apr 2014
Seeing Lenalee so willing to lose her life is depressing, I miss seeing her legs in action though, I really enjoyed her innocence weapon.

I'm glad Reever didn't die, seing Tapp die is bad enough.
Jun 28, 2016 5:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What kind of odd power is that, to burn someone and then turn them into a skeleton being... poor researchers :((( I wouldn't able to watch my comrades getting killed one by one either. Although really Johnny, standing up and shouting someone's name is a really bad idea. But yeah, he's only reacting without thinking, so it's understandable.

Glad Allen and Bookman made it to the scene, but two of them alone is obviously not doing too much to stop what's happening, the researchers are still being killed/turned into skeleton beings, and Lulu Bell still has control of the Egg. I can't get over the ugly skeleton things though, we don't need more enemies.

It also sucks to be Lenalee, she really wants to fight yet can't, and she's had to endure being useless for all these fights. At least she's locked up now and can't see what's happening, which would be a lot harder to deal with than not seeing. Lavi is finally in the same situation too. Everyone wants to fight even if they have no power to do so, including Kanda and Chaoji.
Feb 15, 2017 10:21 AM

Apr 2009
m-ah.. oh yeah... that's good =w=
so cruel, i love it =w=.......
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Apr 29, 2018 7:23 PM

Jul 2013
That was a pretty depressing episode. Lavi and Lenalee so helpless. And even when they tried to do something Komui stopped them.

Also really cruel what happened with the scientists. I really thought Reever would change into one of these skeletons. Fortunately Allen rescued him in the last second. But this seems like a hopeless fight. So much Akuma. And now to make it even worse, a gate opened to transport the egg back to the Earl.

I have no clue what will happen now, especially with so few episodes left. At least Bak and Co. are fine for now.

May 3, 2018 6:00 AM

Dec 2017
Very Legend Episode
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 51 Discussion

ashura - Oct 5, 2007

24 by Cammell »»
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 20 Discussion

kie_ - Sep 14, 2008

27 by Gouveiaa »»
Jan 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 3 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

27 by lovefromyani »»
Jan 10, 12:43 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 2 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

41 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 16, 2008

83 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.