Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 20, 2012 7:38 PM

Feb 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Decent episode, but this seriously needs to be said. Rias has been a TERRIBLE leader so far. She talks about Issei failing her, but she keeps putting him in these terrible situations he can't control...

She's hot, but a terrible master and leader, just had to say it. But at least she's hot.

Nope, she didn't put Issei in danger, its just she did not know that an exorcist is nearby (because of a barrier). Plus its also Issei's fault by not calling others for help. Yup he could ask for help.

Issei's actual job is similar to the regular devil we know, e.g. granting wishes in exchange for soul or other compensation (offering). He needs to get a contract so that he could be summoned regularly.Watch Yondemasuyo Azazel-san to know more.
Jan 20, 2012 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
In her defense, it doesn't seem like she could anticipate the presence of the fallen angel in episode 2, or the yangire exorcist in episode 3 (and Asia was keeping up some type of barrier to interfere with detection). Now that it's clear that there is some major conflict brewing, she might keep a tighter leash on her clan.

But speaking of leadership models, Asia should really re-evaluate which side she is on. The devils seem a much more pleasant crew than the sadistic priest and the fallen angels.

As is usual in supernatural anime with a crypto-christian gloss, the cosmology seems to be a little mixed up. The standard view of devils as fallen angels has been twisted a bit--so we have the fallen ones existing as a sort of rogue element in the eternal conflict. (Note that as a good pagan, I'm totally an outside commentator here, but I have to put 13 years of Sunday school to some use.) We haven't seen a good explanation yet as to what the devils get out of these contracts to justify the fight. My guess would be that it really is a turf war over mana--the magical/spiritual energy that can be gathered from either worshippers, or through the contract. Since the total amount of mana is a limited resource, this has led to spirited competition between the factions who can make use of it (somewhat like the spirited competition between Al Capone and his rivals).
rodacJan 20, 2012 8:07 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 20, 2012 7:53 PM

May 2011
evil_kenshin said:
I hope that excorcist gets destroyed in a future episode; the guy is way to crazy and immoral he needs to die

Yeah, I agree. He's on my top blacklist!
Jan 20, 2012 8:02 PM

Oct 2010
rodac said:
But speaking of leadership models, Asia should really re-evaluate which side she is on. The devils seem a much more pleasant crew than the sadistic priest and the fallen angels.
Which still makes no sense as to why would they be with the fallen angel less a betrayal is in plan and Asia may be a lamb somehow.

I still think there are better way to deal with Fallen Angels than being friends with them to catch them off guard in order to kill them. The Church should have a large base of Archaic in Angel summoning so WTF is this Fallen Angel + Church Alliance?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 20, 2012 8:02 PM

Jan 2011
Wow this episode was better than I'd thought, more action though there was still a lot of fanservice. I full-on laughed my ass off at Akeno using her powers on that devil/monster, she's a 'supreme sadist' and even blushed and licked her mouth. Hot damn! Asia is so cute. It's a shame she was with that screwed up exorcist. I admit his personality is very comical and funny but assaulting Asia, big no. Light sword and gun, he's pretty deadly and also he's a sadist. Akeno X Him? Loljks.

And lmao, fansub error, episode 13.
Jan 20, 2012 8:09 PM

Dec 2011
There's a bit more of a direction with this show after this episode, but I still am not entirely sure where it'll end up. More reason to keep watching it, aside from the lovely fanservice in this series. Oh and Akeno has an awesome personality!! They need to have more of her in the show.
Jan 20, 2012 8:16 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
rodac said:
Which still makes no sense as to why would they be with the fallen angel less a betrayal is in plan and Asia may be a lamb somehow.

I still think there are better way to deal with Fallen Angels than being friends with them to catch them off guard in order to kill them. The Church should have a large base of Archaic in Angel summoning so WTF is this Fallen Angel + Church Alliance?

Obviously it is a heresy. If there is a difference of opinion over a significant religious question label the other side as heretics and exterminate them. Then claim that they were led into error by demonic forces. It's worked for the last couple of thousand years.

And the church doesn't summon angels. They are sent by god. If the church could summon angels you would see a much more entertaining show from St. Peter's square on Easter morning. Actually when you look into it, the only beings that were summoned by representatives of the church were demons or devils. The whole point of medieval and renaissance ceremonial magic was to summon a demon, and by various religious constraints force them to do your will. The incantations and symbology around the summoning circle were usually christian or hebrew in nature.
...rodac

Jan 20, 2012 8:20 PM

Nov 2007
ratratrat098 said:
. Plus its also Issei's fault by not calling others for help. Yup he could ask for help.

does he even know how though? considering he can't teleport that would mean he has no way of summoning the help of others (and its not like the exorcist would let him run out the door, hop on his bike and go get the others)
Jan 20, 2012 8:45 PM

Feb 2010
evil_kenshin said:
ratratrat098 said:
. Plus its also Issei's fault by not calling others for help. Yup he could ask for help.

does he even know how though? considering he can't teleport that would mean he has no way of summoning the help of others (and its not like the exorcist would let him run out the door, hop on his bike and go get the others)

I assume that he knew how to call them, because at the end of ep2 Rias said that "Don't get cocky and take them by yourself" implying that Issei could call Rias when he is danger (or Rias can sense if he gets in trouble).

Plus the animation of that scene wasn't that good compared in the novel. In the novel, he was shot by the gun because the gun doesn't have any sound (gunshot). The gun shoots out beams of holy light (that's lethal to demons) instead of bullets.
Jan 20, 2012 8:46 PM

Jul 2009
Never underestimate the pawn - it can become any piece.
Jan 20, 2012 8:46 PM

Dec 2011
Tit lasers :D

And Asia is very cute. Hope we see more of her.
Jan 20, 2012 8:58 PM

Jan 2010
i like the show so far....its not just another ecchi shit, where nothing happens, but the guy alway end up seeing the girls panties and boobs. And of course in the last ep they pull out of the sleeve a story.

But here. It has a story from the beginning and they use it. And the guy is not just a fool who dont know what to do...
It could be something very good...:D

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
Jan 20, 2012 9:08 PM

Dec 2010
Woah they completely changed how the beast looked in the anime compared to the manga. Not to mention she can fire beams with her tits? WTF LOL. To each their own interpretation I guess.

Akeno, the sadist... har har.

Freed is one crazed out priest. Didn't think they'd make that "rape" scene THAT graphic.

Haha I guess it was alright. Next episode should be more interesting though.

Jan 20, 2012 9:31 PM

Jan 2009
Please tell me im not the only one that notice this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Argento srsly i stop watching this episode just to come here.
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Jan 20, 2012 9:41 PM

Aug 2010
I liked the serious tone in this episode. Issei needs to stop being surprised by everything, you think he would get over it.
Jan 20, 2012 10:01 PM

May 2010
Definitely a good ecchi series.
Luckily I didn't drop this.
Is Asia going to be the "Bishop"?
Jan 20, 2012 10:07 PM

Dec 2010
Aria_Amanchu said:

Nice intuition.

Jan 20, 2012 10:08 PM

Apr 2010
Probably the most intense ecchi series I've seen yet. The story looks like it has amazing potential and this episode was leagues better than episode 2 was.

The explanation about different devil powers was really interesting and how there was more detail into the differences between followers of angels and devils.

5/5.
Jan 20, 2012 10:29 PM

Jul 2011
Hoppy said:
I want to spank Toujou's ass.

That monster woman has nice tits but is ugly overall and has acid milk which is distrubing.

Asia is Issei's type, I approve of his taste.

Toujou has super strength, Issei may be sent flying sometime later on in the series as comic relief if he gets too perverted around her.

Issei is a pawn and he seems to be on throughout the series, liked his quick reaction to save Rias from the monster hand

Asia has nice tits but the poor dear got grouped by the annoying yangire exorcist and managed to nearly kill Issei. The blood wasn't all red because the blood on Issei's hand was brown, pretty much the censorship of the episode along with the body.

I too approve of his taste. This anime is definitely improving IMO, liking it a lot more than the first two episodes.
Jan 20, 2012 10:44 PM

Sep 2009
For an ecchi series, this is pretty interesting. In my experience, shows with such a heavy emphasis on fan service usually have an unbearable plot (because it's just all about the ecchi).
Jan 20, 2012 10:55 PM

May 2011
im liking the oppai in this anime.
Jan 20, 2012 10:57 PM

Dec 2011
Yeah, I personally find this story pretty entertaining. Can't wait until next week.
Jan 20, 2012 11:30 PM

Oct 2010
rodac said:
Not really, the Exorcist abused of the inquisitors powers. Normally they deal this shit. From the looks of them the Exorcist should be considered Evil but because he was punishing Asia he was allowed to do so at that moment.

However his ways would be punishable. Asia made a big mistake protecting Issei. If she would have slapped him at the moment he mention of him being a demon the Exorcist would do nothing to her.

You can call all this as unfair as the witch burning. Pretty much. Except more humiliating for ecchi service.

Jan 20, 2012 11:54 PM

Feb 2009
Sery said:
Please tell me im not the only one that notice this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Argento srsly i stop watching this episode just to come here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozawa_Maria
http://myanimelist.net/character/22669/Maria_Oosawa
So yeah.
Jan 21, 2012 12:03 AM

Oct 2010
DesolateOne said:
Aria_Amanchu said:
Nice intuition.
Not a chance, her betrayal will end her in more shit than ever. Especially since demons are entities existent in this world setup of this series.

Less she proves she was mind controlled or used which I doubt of the Exorcist testimony whom will prove she did the protection of her own will.

Jan 21, 2012 12:21 AM

Jan 2008
Dat was one sexy sister-san. I call it SSS
Jan 21, 2012 12:23 AM

Jul 2011
SwordWielder said:
Dat was one sexy sister-san. I call it SSS

Genius
Jan 21, 2012 12:31 AM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

You can call all this as unfair as the witch burning. Pretty much. Except more humiliating for ecchi service.

I think "unfair" is perhaps too mild a term for the burning times. And sexual torture was a part of the "trials" carried out at that time. However in the grand scheme of things, the cutting down of the sacred groves and appropriation of sites of power to build their stone monuments were probably greater crimes.

As for punishing Asia, I don't recall that mercy was ever classified as a sin worthy of punishment, but since "sin" is a concept not in my belief system I might be biased. As you might guess I'm totally cheering for the "devils" in this series and I hope the exorcist meets a painful and protracted end.
rodacJan 21, 2012 12:44 AM
...rodac

Jan 21, 2012 1:16 AM

Jun 2011
IMMA FIRIN' MY TITTIE LAZORZZZZZ!

Okay, I got that out my system. Now, this episode got even closer to being hentai with Accelerator touching her v with the gun. It remains an enjoyable series, but I can't help but laugh at how outrageous this anime is. However, I can't for the life of me understand animes and crazy priest-type characters. The guitar dude from Deadman wonderland, the piercing freak from Index 2, and now this guy... Religious or not, their personalities and their jobs are together completely implausible. Closet pedo priests or emotionless exorcists I can understand, but overtly maniacal people like them will get the kick immediately, let alone getting appointed in the first place. He didn't seem like an indispensable prodigy anyway. Do the japanese really hate christians or something? O.o

4/5
Revenant_Jan 21, 2012 1:27 AM
Jan 21, 2012 1:26 AM

Oct 2010
rodac said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I think "unfair" is perhaps too mild a term for the burning times. And sexual torture was a part of the "trials" carried out at that time. However in the grand scheme of things, the cutting down of the sacred groves and appropriation of sites of power to build their stone monuments were probably greater crimes.

As for punishing Asia, I don't recall that mercy was ever classified as a sin worthy of punishment, but since "sin" is a concept not in my belief system I might be biased. As you might guess I'm totally cheering for the "devils" in this series and I hope the exorcist meets a painful and protracted end.
Well you can consider times may have gotten rougher for even the Church thus drastic measures may have been taken in the world setup of this series.

Perhaps the judgment of the Exorcist was also impeded with insanity.

Jan 21, 2012 1:27 AM

Sep 2007
... ... ...
And some guys love this but hate Queen's Blade ?
Seriously, it's exactly the same : acid milk, laser tits ... XD
And actually, for three episodes, Queen's Blade is better than DxD.
But anyways, for me who love oppai show, i love it. :D
Jan 21, 2012 1:55 AM

Aug 2011
LOL it's so ironic how that exorcist was acting more demonic than the devils. Ep3 really touched me, there was some good dramatic scene between Asia and Issei. A devil and a nun crossed each others path... sounds cliche, but i still get this feeling that this series isn't going to disappoint me. Gotta add Akeno to my fav 2012 chars cause i just freakin love her sadistic nature.
Jan 21, 2012 1:59 AM
Dec 2011
This show is pure guilty pleasure! I feel like a perv when I watch it, but I like it a lot!

I can't get over the end credits! :D
Jan 21, 2012 2:16 AM

Jun 2011
Crazy Girl With Shooting Nipple Guns.
Ending Made Me Want To Kill Myself.

What Happens To Asia Now.

God Dam It... </3
Jan 21, 2012 2:18 AM

Jan 2011
the..nipples...shot..acid...my eyes! i wish i watched this censored lol,nonetheless i'm enjoying the story alot more then i thought i would a bit darker and seems like it *can* turn out to be a pretty good ecchi series.
Jan 21, 2012 2:30 AM

Oct 2010
FallenSouls said:
What Happens To Asia Now.

God Dam It... </3
You wish not to know what happens but if they stick to the manga, it might be shocking a little.

Jan 21, 2012 2:47 AM

Jun 2009
Ara Ara~

Akeno is so MILF-esque and yeah, I heard something that isn't good is going to happen to Asia. Though I don't care much about her, I hope things that will happen will be better than expected.
Jan 21, 2012 2:49 AM

Oct 2011
that was definitely a fun episode!!! this show is shaping up to be one of my favorite new shows - definitely not deeply thought provoking, but loved the fight scenes, comedy, fanservice - loved the demon nipples that shoot corrosive liquid - hilarious!!!
Jan 21, 2012 2:52 AM

Aug 2011
I don't read the manga but having some wild predictions wouldn't be bad too.
I can only think of 3 possibilities that will happen to Asia. First is that she gets punished for trying to save a demon. Second is that Rias will order the assassination or w/e of Asia since Issei is growing attached to her and Rias doesn't want an angelxdevil relationship going on in her clan. third will be Asia decides to relinquish her role as an angel and turns herself into darkness and then join rias' clan. Oh i also find it stupid having 2 diff types of weapon specially a pistol and a sword. He reminds me of Yukio and Rin, both combined to form that exorcist guy and it turned out to be a really demonic combination.
Jan 21, 2012 2:58 AM

Dec 2011
The ending was sad. :'(
Jan 21, 2012 3:05 AM
Dec 2010
omg i thought i was watching a hentai!
Jan 21, 2012 3:12 AM

Jul 2011
Botagar said:
omg i thought i was watching a hentai!

Not sure if serious
Jan 21, 2012 3:19 AM

Jul 2009
Just wish Issei where a bit more powerful or at least had more mind for fighting..

I'm so tired of all these skill-less, clueless male protagonist who wants to protect everyone but just keep getting their assess kicked save for "special awakening" moments every now and then >.<
Jan 21, 2012 3:42 AM
Aug 2011
Seems to be moving at a decent pace, no complaints from me at least. At least this is keeping me interested, if by no other reason than being kind of "out there" sometimes. Nipple Cannons <_<
Jan 21, 2012 4:22 AM

Nov 2007
EternalDreamer said:
Just wish Issei where a bit more powerful or at least had more mind for fighting..

I'm so tired of all these skill-less, clueless male protagonist who wants to protect everyone but just keep getting their assess kicked save for "special awakening" moments every now and then >.<

well at the least his not one of those wimpy guys afraid of seeing a women naked like most harem male lead protagonists
Jan 21, 2012 6:35 AM

Jul 2009
TITS...I mean...good story...hopefully Asia can become Issei's minion...thing...sorry lol but seriously...the monster with the titties was just a biiit Overdone
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2012 7:21 AM

Aug 2011
Well i had high hopes for this anime..., but the weakness of the male lead is seriously starting to piss me off. Hopefully he gets badass soon and atleast show that he has more power than Rias' whole clan combined. I'm tired of all these animes where the male lead is a weak pussy.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Jan 21, 2012 7:34 AM

Nov 2008
piperz said:
I don't read the manga but having some wild predictions wouldn't be bad too.
I can only think of 3 possibilities that will happen to Asia. First is that she gets punished for trying to save a demon. Second is that Rias will order the assassination or w/e of Asia since Issei is growing attached to her and Rias doesn't want an angelxdevil relationship going on in her clan. third will be Asia decides to relinquish her role as an angel and turns herself into darkness and then join rias' clan. Oh i also find it stupid having 2 diff types of weapon specially a pistol and a sword. He reminds me of Yukio and Rin, both combined to form that exorcist guy and it turned out to be a really demonic combination.

I think Asia will end up like Flonne in Disgaea, joining the demons as a fallen angel. It worked well for Flonne well a little too well, but this proves that Asia could do the same thing.

Jan 21, 2012 7:34 AM

Mar 2008
Here for Koneko fanservice and Laser tits.
Kiba's "Warui ne?" reminded me of Nanaya of Melty Blood. Nojima Kenji does it well.
Jan 21, 2012 8:05 AM
Jan 2011
Mieu said:
shadowtsunami said:
And I'm not the only one who noticed this right

When there's only 12 episodes lol however subbed this already wants it over =)

I didn't noticed this,, lol fansubbing error.

I want to see more of Issei and Asia developments. Asia is cute, and innocent.

Give it a rest, man it's just a type error or type -o.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

0 by JustSomeone15 »»
Apr 13, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

» The "female devil characters" aren't typically devils, they're succubuses, a type of demon (and Issei is a Incubus, also a type of demon)

5hyguy - Feb 26

20 by FirelordZuko27 »»
Mar 9, 9:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.