Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Highschool DxD Episode 3 Discussion


#1
Jan 19, 2012 9:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode might the best for not only for the fight with that crazy big breasted bitch of a monster. That is butt ugly as ever and some Toujou fan service.

It was also amazing for not only making fun of the Catholics with the nun service but also for all things making my favourite to like totally be disgusted by his ways he had with the sister Despite that I was quite fond of her breasts and nipples. She has one of those unique designs IMO. In any case that was really bad abuse. I mean the guy put his gun near her privates. In the spoiler
That was very disappointing. On the other hand it was fun to see him show Issei he is just a little shit in this whole game. Sure made a fool out of him in the spoiler
Totally could not do shit except that punch until Rias showed up and the others. Loved the Exorcist in the following,

Along with its EPIC faces in the spoiler
so EPIC like Accelerator. Same feeling and all despite him being pathetic, he does have the Legendary Light Sword that Gabriel has in Slayers.

While I admit in the spoiler that was sure some long nipples firing. I did some like that in porn last I remember. Yup that long but anyway it was nice to see that. Some people love long nipple erections believe or not it’s a fetish too.

While Rias does provide fear in the following,

With her powers of Check Mate. But it did not faze me that easily. The exorcist can beat her if he can get stronger. He acts a little like chicken shit.

The arm cutting of the Knight in the spoiler
was nicely and gore-fully done TBH.

Well apparently the Knight is the blond playboy and Toujou is the Tower. I assume those are based on the fighting skills. Issei I think is still a pawn basically. So if you destroy the chessboard does it mean you can cancel all the contracts of the servants? It would be interesting to know.

So other than the guilty pleasure of seeing the nun abused and fan serviced along with fighting of that guy despite raging at his abuse. I have to say TOP NOTCH on the fights finally. May edit later.

BTW NSFW Images and Stitches in the BLOG:
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=676931
Mainly of the nun and the exorcist. For now.

GIF NSFW in the BLOG:
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=676933
Mainly the nun and monster stuff. For now. I had some time to do some this time.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Jan 20, 2012 12:38 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#2
Jan 20, 2012 12:51 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 28847
Wow, he said the sister is his type. He felt weird when near her and his hand reacted when she used the power to cure the little boy's scar. It was devil's sense that warmed him.

Devil that got away from the master is erotic and strong. And use the idea of chess: King, Queen, Knight, and Castle? And realizing the guy is just a soldier.

Really weird father killed a person. Oh, so sister is assigned for being exorcist. And fallen angel is involved? Just because she protected him, she got harassed. Fortunately, the high ranked devils saved the guy.

Another girl next ep.?
Modified by tsubasalover, Jan 20, 2012 1:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#3
Jan 20, 2012 3:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2134
That crazy monster woman with the long nipples reminded me of 20 from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes with his crazy nipples.

Yes Issei, you're just a pawn in this game.

Poor Asia got groped by the crazy Exorcist. There might have been some censorship with the murdered bloody body but everything else looked fine.
 
 
#4
Jan 20, 2012 7:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 26244
I want to spank Toujou's ass.

That monster woman has nice tits but is ugly overall and has acid milk which is distrubing.

Asia is Issei's type, I approve of his taste.

Toujou has super strength, Issei may be sent flying sometime later on in the series as comic relief if he gets too perverted around her.

Issei is a pawn and he seems to be on throughout the series, liked his quick reaction to save Rias from the monster hand

Asia has nice tits but the poor dear got grouped by the annoying yangire exorcist and managed to nearly kill Issei. The blood wasn't all red because the blood on Issei's hand was brown, pretty much the censorship of the episode along with the body.


 
#5
Jan 20, 2012 8:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Hoppy said:
That monster woman has nice tits but is ugly overall and has acid milk which is distrubing.
Reminds you of someone better from Queen's Blade, right?
Hoppy said:
Asia has nice tits but the poor dear got grouped by the annoying yangire exorcist and managed to nearly kill Issei. The blood wasn't all red because the blood on Issei's hand was brown, pretty much the censorship of the episode along with the body.
Elite60 said:
There might have been some censorship with the murdered bloody body but everything else looked fine.
So you guys are saying that they are censoring the gore? Could be. I did see black out but I don't see the point of it when they showed the monster getting its arm cut off and blood splashing around. Perhaps in still mode but it was there.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Jan 20, 2012 9:14 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#6
Jan 20, 2012 9:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 26244
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
That monster woman has nice tits but is ugly overall and has acid milk which is distrubing.
Reminds you of semone prettuer from Queen's Blade, right?
Hoppy said:
Asia has nice tits but the poor dear got grouped by the annoying yangire exorcist and managed to nearly kill Issei. The blood wasn't all red because the blood on Issei's hand was brown, pretty much the censorship of the episode along with the body.
Elite60 said:
There might have been some censorship with the murdered bloody body but everything else looked fine.
So you guys are saying that they are censoring the gore? Could be. I did see black out but I don't see the point of it when they showed the monster getting its arm cut off and blood splashing around. Perhaps in still mode but it was there.


I think the censoring is just for folks to buy BDs, not really rageworthy seeing that almost everything else is shown. If they showed everything but pussy now, there would be less incentive to buy the BDs.


 
#7
Jan 20, 2012 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Hoppy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
That monster woman has nice tits but is ugly overall and has acid milk which is distrubing.
Reminds you of semone prettuer from Queen's Blade, right?
Hoppy said:
Asia has nice tits but the poor dear got grouped by the annoying yangire exorcist and managed to nearly kill Issei. The blood wasn't all red because the blood on Issei's hand was brown, pretty much the censorship of the episode along with the body.
Elite60 said:
There might have been some censorship with the murdered bloody body but everything else looked fine.
So you guys are saying that they are censoring the gore? Could be. I did see black out but I don't see the point of it when they showed the monster getting its arm cut off and blood splashing around. Perhaps in still mode but it was there.


I think the censoring is just for folks to buy BDs, not really rageworthy seeing that almost everything else is shown. If they showed everything but pussy now, there would be less incentive to buy the BDs.
Not really since there will be plenty of specials in the BDs. That is like for Manyuu. Picture and special on BD. So I heard.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
#8
Jan 20, 2012 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 804
What a predictable development, one that I welcome.

And Asia is sweet. Issei has a good taste.
 
 
#9
Jan 20, 2012 1:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 9
Has it been subbed by anyone yet?
 
Jan 20, 2012 2:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 111
Watching it first with subdesu subs then if Hiryuu subs gets out, I'm gonna watch it again and again and again.

Asia is the best.... no all girls in Rias group are great!!!
 
Jan 20, 2012 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
ratratrat098 said:
Watching it first with subdesu subs then if Hiryuu subs gets out, I'm gonna watch it again and again and again.

Asia is the best.... no all girls in Rias group are great!!!
I still think Toujou's chest is the most realistic followed by the one from Asia.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
 
Jan 20, 2012 3:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 9
Yeah I'm just gonna watch the SubDESU version, I've waited long enough.
 
Jan 20, 2012 4:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 156
Oh High School DxD...Acid lazer firing tits? This is exactly why I'm here.
 
Jan 20, 2012 5:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 231
While the first part was nice, meeting Asia etc, I highly disliked the stray.
The character presentation and development was nice, but I can't help but get reminded of Dante's Inferno (game) when seeing these lazer-nipples.

The second half was rather exciting and presents the reason why I did not drop it after the first episode. Letting aside the somehow forced and unnatural fanservice they're throwing at us, the show seems to know what its doing. There are these dark and violent scenes that simply make this show worthwhile.
And to be honest, this second half did not only add depth to the existing characters but also introduced a real antagonist that most likely will be both liked and despised by the audience. The pacing of the scenes was excellent, it built up a great dynamic and made me want to watch another episode right away.

Still, the bad part about this second half was that it made the unnecessary and mostly forced boob-bouncing and other fanservice seem even more like a pain. I wonder if the editor somehow told the author to put more fanservice into his story so it would sell, but in my opinion, without this fanservice part, this show could be even better.

Good episode nonetheless.
Modified by DarkChaplain, Jan 20, 2012 5:24 PM
 
Jan 20, 2012 6:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
DarkChaplain said:
I wonder if the editor somehow told the author to put more fanservice into his story so it would sell.
That was always done. In Seikon no Qwaser it was done big time. No one could believe how much more it got ecchi than the manga. I guess the same applies here. I can only do a small check around the Vol 2 to see what exactly could have been upgraded but I fear some already claimed it was more ecchi than the manga. Coinsidentially Seikon no Qwaser was in the same position.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 20, 2012 6:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 87
I hope that excorcist gets destroyed in a future episode; the guy is way to crazy and immoral he needs to die
 
Jan 20, 2012 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 111
Yumekichi11 said:
DarkChaplain said:
I wonder if the editor somehow told the author to put more fanservice into his story so it would sell.
That was always done. In Seikon no Qwaser it was done big time. No one could believe how much more it got ecchi than the manga. I guess the same applies here. I can only do a small check around the Vol 2 to see what exactly could have been upgraded but I fear some already claimed it was more ecchi than the manga. Coinsidentially Seikon no Qwaser was in the same position.


Manga version sucks. Light Novel is great and everything is detailed. There were changes from LN to anime but it doesn't really matter.

Some parts were exaggerated in the anime, like those lasers and the fallen-angel in ep 2.
Modified by ratratrat098, Jan 20, 2012 7:05 PM
 
Jan 20, 2012 7:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1850
ok now we got a crazy wacky excorcist person who total nutcase really whoever voicing that excorcist is so PLAYING AGAINST TYPE.

yet also laser shooting acid melt doobi beam?! yea queen's blade called melona is so going why you doobi milk attack on it.

also seem looking indeed plot starting to hmm with nun girl appear got wonder what next & being a pawn you got long way to be harem king.

really wonder funi going to dub this series someday (must think which funi va to cast on it.)
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
 
Jan 20, 2012 7:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 77
shadowtsunami said:
And I'm not the only one who noticed this right



When there's only 12 episodes lol however subbed this already wants it over =)


I didn't noticed this,, lol fansubbing error.

I want to see more of Issei and Asia developments. Asia is cute, and innocent.

 
 
Jan 20, 2012 7:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 904
Decent episode, but this seriously needs to be said. Rias has been a TERRIBLE leader so far. She talks about Issei failing her, but she keeps putting him in these terrible situations he can't control...

She's hot, but a terrible master and leader, just had to say it. But at least she's hot.
 
Jan 20, 2012 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 111
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Decent episode, but this seriously needs to be said. Rias has been a TERRIBLE leader so far. She talks about Issei failing her, but she keeps putting him in these terrible situations he can't control...

She's hot, but a terrible master and leader, just had to say it. But at least she's hot.


Nope, she didn't put Issei in danger, its just she did not know that an exorcist is nearby (because of a barrier). Plus its also Issei's fault by not calling others for help. Yup he could ask for help.

Issei's actual job is similar to the regular devil we know, e.g. granting wishes in exchange for soul or other compensation (offering). He needs to get a contract so that he could be summoned regularly.Watch Yondemasuyo Azazel-san to know more.
 
Jan 20, 2012 7:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 4266
In her defense, it doesn't seem like she could anticipate the presence of the fallen angel in episode 2, or the yangire exorcist in episode 3 (and Asia was keeping up some type of barrier to interfere with detection). Now that it's clear that there is some major conflict brewing, she might keep a tighter leash on her clan.

But speaking of leadership models, Asia should really re-evaluate which side she is on. The devils seem a much more pleasant crew than the sadistic priest and the fallen angels.

As is usual in supernatural anime with a crypto-christian gloss, the cosmology seems to be a little mixed up. The standard view of devils as fallen angels has been twisted a bit--so we have the fallen ones existing as a sort of rogue element in the eternal conflict. (Note that as a good pagan, I'm totally an outside commentator here, but I have to put 13 years of Sunday school to some use.) We haven't seen a good explanation yet as to what the devils get out of these contracts to justify the fight. My guess would be that it really is a turf war over mana--the magical/spiritual energy that can be gathered from either worshippers, or through the contract. Since the total amount of mana is a limited resource, this has led to spirited competition between the factions who can make use of it (somewhat like the spirited competition between Al Capone and his rivals).
Modified by rodac, Jan 20, 2012 8:07 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

 
Jan 20, 2012 7:53 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5195
evil_kenshin said:
I hope that excorcist gets destroyed in a future episode; the guy is way to crazy and immoral he needs to die


Yeah, I agree. He's on my top blacklist!
 
 
Jan 20, 2012 8:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
rodac said:
But speaking of leadership models, Asia should really re-evaluate which side she is on. The devils seem a much more pleasant crew than the sadistic priest and the fallen angels.
Which still makes no sense as to why would they be with the fallen angel less a betrayal is in plan and Asia may be a lamb somehow.

I still think there are better way to deal with Fallen Angels than being friends with them to catch them off guard in order to kill them. The Church should have a large base of Archaic in Angel summoning so WTF is this Fallen Angel + Church Alliance?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 20, 2012 8:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2268
Wow this episode was better than I'd thought, more action though there was still a lot of fanservice. I full-on laughed my ass off at Akeno using her powers on that devil/monster, she's a 'supreme sadist' and even blushed and licked her mouth. Hot damn! Asia is so cute. It's a shame she was with that screwed up exorcist. I admit his personality is very comical and funny but assaulting Asia, big no. Light sword and gun, he's pretty deadly and also he's a sadist. Akeno X Him? Loljks.

And lmao, fansub error, episode 13.
 
Jan 20, 2012 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 9
There's a bit more of a direction with this show after this episode, but I still am not entirely sure where it'll end up. More reason to keep watching it, aside from the lovely fanservice in this series. Oh and Akeno has an awesome personality!! They need to have more of her in the show.
 
 
Jan 20, 2012 8:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 4266
Yumekichi11 said:
rodac said:
But speaking of leadership models, Asia should really re-evaluate which side she is on. The devils seem a much more pleasant crew than the sadistic priest and the fallen angels.
Which still makes no sense as to why would they be with the fallen angel less a betrayal is in plan and Asia may be a lamb somehow.

I still think there are better way to deal with Fallen Angels than being friends with them to catch them off guard in order to kill them. The Church should have a large base of Archaic in Angel summoning so WTF is this Fallen Angel + Church Alliance?


Obviously it is a heresy. If there is a difference of opinion over a significant religious question label the other side as heretics and exterminate them. Then claim that they were led into error by demonic forces. It's worked for the last couple of thousand years.

And the church doesn't summon angels. They are sent by god. If the church could summon angels you would see a much more entertaining show from St. Peter's square on Easter morning. Actually when you look into it, the only beings that were summoned by representatives of the church were demons or devils. The whole point of medieval and renaissance ceremonial magic was to summon a demon, and by various religious constraints force them to do your will. The incantations and symbology around the summoning circle were usually christian or hebrew in nature.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

 
Jan 20, 2012 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 87
ratratrat098 said:
. Plus its also Issei's fault by not calling others for help. Yup he could ask for help.


does he even know how though? considering he can't teleport that would mean he has no way of summoning the help of others (and its not like the exorcist would let him run out the door, hop on his bike and go get the others)
 
Jan 20, 2012 8:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 111
evil_kenshin said:
ratratrat098 said:
. Plus its also Issei's fault by not calling others for help. Yup he could ask for help.


does he even know how though? considering he can't teleport that would mean he has no way of summoning the help of others (and its not like the exorcist would let him run out the door, hop on his bike and go get the others)


I assume that he knew how to call them, because at the end of ep2 Rias said that "Don't get cocky and take them by yourself" implying that Issei could call Rias when he is danger (or Rias can sense if he gets in trouble).

Plus the animation of that scene wasn't that good compared in the novel. In the novel, he was shot by the gun because the gun doesn't have any sound (gunshot). The gun shoots out beams of holy light (that's lethal to demons) instead of bullets.
 
Jan 20, 2012 8:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2640
Never underestimate the pawn - it can become any piece.
 
 
Jan 20, 2012 8:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1383
Tit lasers :D

And Asia is very cute. Hope we see more of her.
 
Jan 20, 2012 8:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 318
i like the show so far....its not just another ecchi shit, where nothing happens, but the guy alway end up seeing the girls panties and boobs. And of course in the last ep they pull out of the sleeve a story.

But here. It has a story from the beginning and they use it. And the guy is not just a fool who dont know what to do...
It could be something very good...:D

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
 
Jan 20, 2012 9:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2670
Woah they completely changed how the beast looked in the anime compared to the manga. Not to mention she can fire beams with her tits? WTF LOL. To each their own interpretation I guess.

Akeno, the sadist... har har.

Freed is one crazed out priest. Didn't think they'd make that "rape" scene THAT graphic.

Haha I guess it was alright. Next episode should be more interesting though.

 
Jan 20, 2012 9:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 51
Please tell me im not the only one that notice this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Argento srsly i stop watching this episode just to come here.
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
 
Jan 20, 2012 9:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 5970
I liked the serious tone in this episode. Issei needs to stop being surprised by everything, you think he would get over it.
 
Jan 20, 2012 10:01 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 915
Definitely a good ecchi series.
Luckily I didn't drop this.
Is Asia going to be the "Bishop"?
.
 
Jan 20, 2012 10:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2670
Aria_Amanchu said:
Definitely a good ecchi series.
Luckily I didn't drop this.
Is Asia going to be the "Bishop"?


Nice intuition.

 
 
Jan 20, 2012 10:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 261
Probably the most intense ecchi series I've seen yet. The story looks like it has amazing potential and this episode was leagues better than episode 2 was.

The explanation about different devil powers was really interesting and how there was more detail into the differences between followers of angels and devils.

5/5.
 
Jan 20, 2012 10:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 293
Hoppy said:
I want to spank Toujou's ass.

That monster woman has nice tits but is ugly overall and has acid milk which is distrubing.

Asia is Issei's type, I approve of his taste.

Toujou has super strength, Issei may be sent flying sometime later on in the series as comic relief if he gets too perverted around her.

Issei is a pawn and he seems to be on throughout the series, liked his quick reaction to save Rias from the monster hand

Asia has nice tits but the poor dear got grouped by the annoying yangire exorcist and managed to nearly kill Issei. The blood wasn't all red because the blood on Issei's hand was brown, pretty much the censorship of the episode along with the body.


I too approve of his taste. This anime is definitely improving IMO, liking it a lot more than the first two episodes.
 
Jan 20, 2012 10:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2166
For an ecchi series, this is pretty interesting. In my experience, shows with such a heavy emphasis on fan service usually have an unbearable plot (because it's just all about the ecchi).
 
 
Jan 20, 2012 10:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1467
im liking the oppai in this anime.
 
Jan 20, 2012 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 9
Yeah, I personally find this story pretty entertaining. Can't wait until next week.
 
Jan 20, 2012 11:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
rodac said:
But speaking of leadership models, Asia should really re-evaluate which side she is on. The devils seem a much more pleasant crew than the sadistic priest and the fallen angels.
Not really, the Exorcist abused of the inquisitors powers. Normally they deal this shit. From the looks of them the Exorcist should be considered Evil but because he was punishing Asia he was allowed to do so at that moment.

However his ways would be punishable. Asia made a big mistake protecting Issei. If she would have slapped him at the moment he mention of him being a demon the Exorcist would do nothing to her.

You can call all this as unfair as the witch burning. Pretty much. Except more humiliating for ecchi service.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 20, 2012 11:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5222
Sery said:
Please tell me im not the only one that notice this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Argento srsly i stop watching this episode just to come here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozawa_Maria
http://myanimelist.net/character/22669/Maria_Oosawa
So yeah.
 
Jan 21, 2012 12:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
DesolateOne said:
Aria_Amanchu said:
Definitely a good ecchi series.
Luckily I didn't drop this.
Is Asia going to be the "Bishop"?
Nice intuition.
Not a chance, her betrayal will end her in more shit than ever. Especially since demons are entities existent in this world setup of this series.

Less she proves she was mind controlled or used which I doubt of the Exorcist testimony whom will prove she did the protection of her own will.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Jan 21, 2012 12:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 782
Dat was one sexy sister-san. I call it SSS
 
Jan 21, 2012 12:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 293
SwordWielder said:
Dat was one sexy sister-san. I call it SSS


Genius
 
 
Jan 21, 2012 12:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 4266
Yumekichi11 said:

You can call all this as unfair as the witch burning. Pretty much. Except more humiliating for ecchi service.


I think "unfair" is perhaps too mild a term for the burning times. And sexual torture was a part of the "trials" carried out at that time. However in the grand scheme of things, the cutting down of the sacred groves and appropriation of sites of power to build their stone monuments were probably greater crimes.

As for punishing Asia, I don't recall that mercy was ever classified as a sin worthy of punishment, but since "sin" is a concept not in my belief system I might be biased. As you might guess I'm totally cheering for the "devils" in this series and I hope the exorcist meets a painful and protracted end.
Modified by rodac, Jan 21, 2012 12:44 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

 
Jan 21, 2012 1:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
IMMA FIRIN' MY TITTIE LAZORZZZZZ!

Okay, I got that out my system. Now, this episode got even closer to being hentai with Accelerator touching her v with the gun. It remains an enjoyable series, but I can't help but laugh at how outrageous this anime is. However, I can't for the life of me understand animes and crazy priest-type characters. The guitar dude from Deadman wonderland, the piercing freak from Index 2, and now this guy... Religious or not, their personalities and their jobs are together completely implausible. Closet pedo priests or emotionless exorcists I can understand, but overtly maniacal people like them will get the kick immediately, let alone getting appointed in the first place. He didn't seem like an indispensable prodigy anyway. Do the japanese really hate christians or something? O.o

4/5
Modified by Revenant_, Jan 21, 2012 1:27 AM
 
Jan 21, 2012 1:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
rodac said:
Yumekichi11 said:

You can call all this as unfair as the witch burning. Pretty much. Except more humiliating for ecchi service.


I think "unfair" is perhaps too mild a term for the burning times. And sexual torture was a part of the "trials" carried out at that time. However in the grand scheme of things, the cutting down of the sacred groves and appropriation of sites of power to build their stone monuments were probably greater crimes.

As for punishing Asia, I don't recall that mercy was ever classified as a sin worthy of punishment, but since "sin" is a concept not in my belief system I might be biased. As you might guess I'm totally cheering for the "devils" in this series and I hope the exorcist meets a painful and protracted end.
Well you can consider times may have gotten rougher for even the Church thus drastic measures may have been taken in the world setup of this series.

Perhaps the judgment of the Exorcist was also impeded with insanity.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »