Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2012 10:58 PM

Jun 2011
Remon is so evil in a cute way
Jan 16, 2012 11:08 PM

Nov 2009
Remon is the one of the best new characters of the season...ufufufufu!!

=)

Quite enjoying this season so far, this anime is no exception!!
Jan 16, 2012 11:13 PM

Aug 2011
I am not sure if the only reason I like it is it's close-connetion to Onegai Sensei or something else :-(
Jan 16, 2012 11:15 PM

Feb 2010
Hmm could be there a particular reason of why remon wasn't suprised at that "animal", the others were drunk so that's ok, but lemon...

Im happy his sister was gone, i dislike her.

i hope they focus on the romance-drama side of thing.
Jan 16, 2012 11:21 PM

Nov 2011
I'm not sure if I like this yet... The MC actually is nice and did I saw the girl picking up the cellphone naked? lol Mio right? While holding the panda bear in her room... xD

Anyway I hope more thins happens now that the setting (Ichika background that is) was... set.
Jan 16, 2012 11:41 PM

Dec 2007
love polygon sigh...
Jan 16, 2012 11:47 PM

Oct 2011
I for one see the similarities between Ano Natsu and Ano Hana. What you would think is a love triangle is sort of a love "line", though the two main characters do care for one another.

However, I feel like Miss Red Hair Alien will have to go back to where she came from. That's probably because of how the main relationship gave in to a sad realism as well in Ano Hana.
Since the confession was stopped, knowing what would be said, Ichika knows that pursing anything wouldn't be worth while.

Basically, in Ano Hana, a couple which may or may not happen due to one sided feelings (Anaru and Jintan) got intercepted by a life form that didn't belong on earth.

We see the same thing here in Ano Natsu.

Sieye said:
Seems like Im the only Kanna fan here. Also at some points during the show, there was this weird kind of Kaito x Kanna stuff going on. I guess its more of Im a supporter of the childhood friend person.

I like Kanna as well, as I feel like she had a legit shot before super cute and busty yet mysterious alien girl showed up. That being said, I like Ichika as well, but yeah. It's almost like, how can Kanna compete with that?

I have a question though, why is his body going through all those changes? I feel like I missed something.
MaiTaiJan 16, 2012 11:52 PM

Jan 16, 2012 11:53 PM

Jan 2011
MielxFoxie said:
Question though, why is his body going through all those changes? I feel like I missed something.
go back and watch the very start of Ep1 it appears as Kaito might had died from Ichika landing on earth and it seems whatever thing she did to bring him back is having *side effects* aka the bruises on his neck and forehead.
Jan 17, 2012 12:01 AM

Oct 2009
No where near as good as episode 1 ... just full of overdone stuff, even more so than first.

It's not dislikeable but you can't like this kind of try hard show either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2012 12:07 AM
Jul 2009
kaito is already dead ..... niceeee
sighhh don't make me cry a river again like anohana plzzzz
Jan 17, 2012 12:15 AM

Jul 2009
Did anyone catch this?
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jan 17, 2012 12:25 AM

Jan 2011
I noticed that too forgot to mention it lol^ some people like be in the nude when in their own homes?!
Jan 17, 2012 12:40 AM

Dec 2008
Plot and characters for the most part are pretty much predictable so I'm partially meh on most of the series presently.

Remon's shenanigans, or rather Remon as a whole, is the sole thing keeping my attention currently.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jan 17, 2012 12:47 AM

Feb 2010
lol drunk teens ;)
Jan 17, 2012 12:55 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting series. Didn't expect to enjoy it all that much. It definitely reminds me of Onegai Sensei.

My favorite characters so far are Ishigaki and Lemon. I cannot stand Mio just as much as I couldn't stand Kaede from Onegai Sensei. I know it is not likely to happen but I would love to see Ishigaki and Kanna together. Ishigaki and Mio is just so typical and cliche, so I hope it doesn't happen.
Jan 17, 2012 1:57 AM

Dec 2011
lol, I love the series so far. Mio is so adorable, I could take her home with me!
Jan 17, 2012 2:17 AM

Apr 2011
qvnsq said:
I sense death and a sad end

Next to impossible because this is J.C. Staff we're talking about.
Jan 17, 2012 3:59 AM

Dec 2011
I made a Mio avatar from the drunk scene, if someone likes it I can remove my nick from it and send it to you.

Edit. Oh damn, the filesize might be too big to be used as an avatar.. *Sigh*
Jan 17, 2012 4:02 AM

Oct 2010
So did anyone like panthera sexy pose of Kanna in the following,

damn she was hot there.

Anyone caught Lemon in the spoiler
she must had a barrel hidden of this stuff pre-made.
arsonal said:
Did anyone catch this?
CLOTHES WHERE??
Yeah I can confirm in the spoiler
seems Mio likes to be naked in her room. No bra and panties I see on her with those angles.
Riptos said:
Remon is the one of the best new characters of the season...ufufufufu!!

=)
Whenver she does that I also do it. Whenever it happens I also happen to Hnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg hard.
Sebulon said:
I made a Mio avatar from the drunk scene, if someone likes it I can remove my nick from it and send it to you.

Edit. Oh damn, the filesize might be too big to be used as an avatar.. *Sigh*
Let me handle it!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 17, 2012 4:13 AM

Dec 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Let me handle it!
*Thumbs up* :)
Jan 17, 2012 4:18 AM

Oct 2010
Sebulon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Let me handle it!
I got it! How's this:

I think it should do the job.

I put some other ones here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=390523
but someone needs to do a club of this. I can't do all of them. I will have like 20 clubs to manage? Can't handle that much. Someone just do club of this series please.
Yumekichi11Jan 17, 2012 4:25 AM

Jan 17, 2012 4:20 AM

Dec 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Sebulon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Let me handle it!
I got it! How's this:

I think it's pretty good, although it's not so smooth anymore. But I wasn't planning on using it myself, I'm gonna stick to my totoro set. :)
Jan 17, 2012 4:23 AM

Oct 2010
Sebulon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Sebulon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Let me handle it!
I got it! How's this:

I think it's pretty good, although it's not so smooth anymore. But I wasn't planning on using it myself, I'm gonna stick to my totoro set. :)
It's the size. Getting back on topic did you see Mio in the spoiler
looks like she still wanted to take the peek despite her shy side at that time when Ishigaki was doing the king's orders.

Jan 17, 2012 5:15 AM

Oct 2008
You can't tell me that none of them realised they were getting drunk, right? lol
Jan 17, 2012 5:29 AM
Jan 17, 2012 6:10 AM

Oct 2010
Whoa this series is really giving me the Onegai Teacher vibes. There's even that little alien accompanying Ichika.

Lemon-chan huh? She kinda reminds me of Ichigo Morino
Jan 17, 2012 7:00 AM

Jun 2009
I just wonder what'll happen to Kaito's body, he's not going to be miraciously healed by the end of series which would result in Ichika going home, right? I hope it's not the case, i'd even live through her randomly healing him just as a fanservice provider, just don't send her back.
Enjoyable episode, i like it how they didn't say she poured a drop of some alcohol to the juice/whatever and everyone got drunk from it, as they tend to do that in such anime a lot. It's still pretty incosistent how Kaito managed to stay unfazed even though rest shown more or less sympthtoms of being drunk, i won't cout Ichika as she's from other planet but she was unfazed as well.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 17, 2012 7:07 AM
Jan 2012
This has proven to be a rather enjoyable series, despite the cliches and such. Difficult not to like Ichika, especially when voiced by Haruka Tomatsu - loved her in Ano Hana.

I wouldn't say Kaito is dead, but perhaps dying? The way Ichika reacts to his bruise in ep. 1 feels more like "wth, didn't I heal that?/why does it do that?". Besides, it changes place/spreads so..

Those last three minutes or something were unexpected, and I'm a wee bit uncertain towards how they'll tie it all together. We'll see.
Jan 17, 2012 7:18 AM

Mar 2010
Remon is the best character by far!! I love her!!

And I'm liking this show much more with this second ep~
Jan 17, 2012 7:25 AM

May 2008
I loved Kaito's sister ^.^
Jan 17, 2012 7:33 AM

Nov 2010
Great episode.
Jan 17, 2012 7:55 AM

Oct 2011
Remon, fuck yeah. :D
Jan 17, 2012 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
This is one of my favourite shows of this season.
Jan 17, 2012 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
I'm gonna miss Kaito's sister...
Jan 17, 2012 9:05 AM

Sep 2010
DaiTomodachi said:
So.......did Kai die and Ichika is keeping him alive? I'm just confused about that stuff that appears on his body occasionally.

This is what most people here are trying to ignore or explain away. If you consider AnoHana then in all likelihood Kaito isn't just having an allergic reaction or fainting spells from boredom, he is a walking corpse.

Jan 17, 2012 9:24 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:
DaiTomodachi said:
So.......did Kai die and Ichika is keeping him alive? I'm just confused about that stuff that appears on his body occasionally.

This is what most people here are trying to ignore or explain away. If you consider AnoHana then in all likelihood Kaito isn't just having an allergic reaction or fainting spells from boredom, he is a walking corpse.

I'm simply making a note of it and waiting for more info. It's obvious from the first episode that he was at the very least very badly hurt, we just don't know how much. Since Ichika came here for her own reasons that were completely (apparently) unrelated to Kaito, again I'm just going to wait for more info to determine what type of commitment she plans to make to keep him functioning if it turns out he can't recover. Also, depending upon the technology she may have access to, it might be possible to transfer his Self to another host, which might be her plan... (I'm told it is tough being dead, but it's not always the end of the world and there are worse things to worry about).
Jan 17, 2012 9:25 AM

Dec 2011
frustrated said:
I'm gonna miss Kaito's sister...
Indeed. :D
Jan 17, 2012 9:30 AM

Sep 2010
Cratex said:
Anime_Name said:
DaiTomodachi said:

I'm simply making a note of it and waiting for more info. It's obvious from the first episode that he was at the very least very badly hurt, we just don't know how much. Since Ichika came here for her own reasons that were completely (apparently) unrelated to Kaito, again I'm just going to wait for more info to determine what type of commitment she plans to make to keep him functioning if it turns out he can't recover. Also, depending upon the technology she may have access to, it might be possible to transfer his Self to another host, which might be her plan... (I'm told it is tough being dead, but it's not always the end of the world and there are worse things to worry about).

I am just using the info provided by the anime, if Ichika arrived but wasn't around to re-administer aid to Kaito he would be dead and thus he is currently a walking corpse. I have no idea whether or not that will be his status by the end of the anime.

Jan 17, 2012 10:29 AM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
DaiTomodachi said:
My theory is simple for now. Kaito's body is just reacting badly to the treatment. I suspect nano reactions or something like that. Regardless the kiss Ichika gave to Kaito seems to promote stability that much we do know.

We also do not know if his wounds were fatal. From the looks it big fat YES! Yet it's assumed for we do not know it. From the looks of it Kaito needs Ichika or he dies from the reaction itself.

I agree
Jan 17, 2012 10:55 AM

Apr 2010
Seems that Kaito's treatment wasn't done well enough to completely cure him, his body was badly hurt during the first episode.
Ichika doesn't appear to be a doctor and as such doesn't have much medical knowledge and might not have completely healed Kaito because of this.
Or the system she was using didn't have full knowledge on Kaito's body since Ickika just landed on our planet it could be that the knowledge of her kind regarding are kind isn't enough to completely heal us.
Are body's might look the some but could be different since we are from different planets.
Off course these are just some of my theory's and it will probably explained at some point in the Anime.

Lemon wasn't planning much good be intoxicating the group i wonder what she wanted to film.
It's clear she has her own agenda and this is probably the reason why the class fears her still she makes for a interesting character.
Jan 17, 2012 12:28 PM
Oct 2011
Aversa said:
Seems that Kaito's treatment wasn't done well enough to completely cure him, his body was badly hurt during the first episode.
Ichika doesn't appear to be a doctor and as such doesn't have much medical knowledge and might not have completely healed Kaito because of this.
Or the system she was using didn't have full knowledge on Kaito's body since Ickika just landed on our planet it could be that the knowledge of her kind regarding are kind isn't enough to completely heal us.
Are body's might look the some but could be different since we are from different planets.
Off course these are just some of my theory's and it will probably explained at some point in the Anime.

Lemon wasn't planning much good be intoxicating the group i wonder what she wanted to film.
It's clear she has her own agenda and this is probably the reason why the class fears her still she makes for a interesting character.

i think remon is making another film, the documentary of the group...
as we can see her recording the scene after the dynamite drink.
Jan 17, 2012 12:42 PM

Jun 2007
yup everything is in order
2 episode is the explanation episode
but this time they upped the getting drunk on weird liquid a little bit earlier than expected. Anyways Remon is awesome. period. now its a mater of who loves who
also that girl was naked holding a giant teddy bear that is just great lol.
Jan 17, 2012 2:23 PM

Oct 2010
Anime_Name said:
DaiTomodachi said:

We don't that but what clues did you perceive to say that?

The only thing I can think of is instant spinal cord fatalistic damage in first episode.

Jan 17, 2012 2:35 PM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Anime_Name said:
DaiTomodachi said:

The only thing I can think of is instant spinal cord fatalistic damage in first episode.

I answered a bit more in post#89. Let me do a little more. If you keep in mind that the show is trying to keep a AnoHana vibe going and look at much the show is holding back information about that night then it is plain as day that the dramatic 'clincher' for this show will be Kaito's life.

If you don't agree, fine. We can keep watching each episode and after enough collapsing Kaito will eventually ask Ichika what the heck is going on. Kaito fainting because he is allergic to her healing looks like a pretty weak plot twist, that shit might fly in a Saturday morning cartoon.

Jan 17, 2012 3:38 PM

Jul 2009
This anime is basically Onegai all over. I love it nonetheless, and find it incredibly hawt. More please :)
Jan 17, 2012 3:49 PM

Apr 2010
Onigiri_Otaku said:
Valky said:
It's kinda expected ... kinda disappointed.

agree, but I don't dislike this
I don't dislike it either though. So far it's decent although pretty much expected.
Jan 17, 2012 3:57 PM
Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

I just took a quick look at the opening scene to be clear on the facts. It opens with a monologue about death, right before Kaito gets a seriously bloody head trauma. It seemed like he was still alive the moment Ichika took his hand... unless she grasped something like his "spirit" hand, which is not out of the question with the fantasy genre.

Also, the death monologue focused on leaving something behind to be remembered by, which explains his interest in film making... And, the group is now making a film... So while inconclusive, we do have some foreboding undertones.

Justmiff said:
This anime is basically Onegai all over. I love it nonetheless, and find it incredibly hawt. More please :)
For me it's great in the sense that it doesn't have what I so disliked from Onegai Sensei... that creepy student-teacher relationship. I know a lot of people don't mind those, but I can't stomach them.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 17, 2012 4:00 PM

Oct 2010
Anime_Name said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Anime_Name said:
DaiTomodachi said:

I answered a bit more in post#89. Let me do a little more. If you keep in mind that the show is trying to keep a AnoHana vibe going and look at much the show is holding back information about that night then it is plain as day that the dramatic 'clincher' for this show will be Kaito's life.

If you don't agree, fine. We can keep watching each episode and after enough collapsing Kaito will eventually ask Ichika what the heck is going on. Kaito fainting because he is allergic to her healing looks like a pretty weak plot twist, that shit might fly in a Saturday morning cartoon.
Yeah it does but I am sure they can twist around some stuff to make it look fine. One of the thing you forgot is a plot twist is much more better if it surprises you. That's why I think they might be doing it like that.

Besides how can Ichika touch him if he were dead and everyone seeing him. A walking corpse is also hard to come by. So far we know he is having some allergies to his treatment but as for what has become of him is still not clear.

IMO they are doing a good job of the allergy because eventually it will hit in our faces as to what it alludes to. Therefore I can only consider what you say.

Jan 17, 2012 4:24 PM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Yeah it does but I am sure they can twist around some stuff to make it look fine. One of the thing you forgot is a plot twist is much more better if it surprises you. That's why I think they might be doing it like that.

Being surprised by a plot twist is good, maybe even the best way to enjoy it, and all but that doesn't mean all twists will be surprising to everyone. This isn't quantum physics. Merely mentioning the possible way the story could unfold doesn't mean that the story won't go in that direction just to be different.

Besides how can Ichika touch him if he were dead and everyone seeing him. A walking corpse is also hard to come by. So far we know he is having some allergies to his treatment but as for what has become of him is still not clear.

I've not said he was a ghost like Menma. I said he was a walking corpse that means he still has a physical body and for the time being his body works like any other living body. Hard to come doesn't mean anything in the land of make believe. The hard to come by and impossible is why I am watching fictional stories.

IMO they are doing a good job of the allergy because eventually it will hit in our faces as to what it alludes to. Therefore I can only consider what you say.

The strongest problem they could touch on would be death. Fainting because the medicine is weird would not hit our faces hard nor would it be a plot twist. The plot twist is why he needs to taken care of by Ichika and what would happen if she didn't keep doing it.

Jan 17, 2012 4:27 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
A walking corpse is also hard to come by.

Now wait a second. I've gotten the impression they are quite common in Japan!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.