Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BECK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 4, 2014 2:29 PM

May 2012
The ending was rather disappointing, but well I didn't really enjoy this whole anime other than the last few episodes where they played at that festival, but well it had some better points and rather bad points as well but in general it wasn't all too bad but I did expect a lot more from this series.

All in all a pretty average anime.
Dec 15, 2014 9:30 PM
Aug 2011
They could've put in a couple more episodes :/
Feb 1, 2015 12:48 AM

Dec 2013
could have done without that weird killer record label drama stuff but it was still pretty decent
Feb 6, 2015 2:43 AM

Jan 2010
It was ok but the whole black killer bullcrap and Maho ruined it. 6/10 because I still enjoyed what I was watching
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2015 4:41 PM

May 2014
So, an animebytes' staff pick that's spot-on!
I liked this show more than it should've been, only because of watching it dubbed.
Fucking dub, it is amazing, hilarious, tremendous! I testify that is on par with the ones found on Black Lagoon and Samurai Champloo.

This episode ended kinda of lame compared with how all the previous ones got me hooked not leaving my bedroom for almost an entire day. I was kinda hoping to see Maho and Koyuki hitting it off at the end, being married, or just living together back at the fishing hole, or maybe watching the slides together from the bed after having made love for the first time. I don't know, the thing that's missing is the retribution to Koyuki from Maho for having endured so much shit.
Or probably better put: Justice!
Mar 22, 2015 2:49 PM

Mar 2010
It was a alright anime.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 10, 2015 1:03 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Not bad. I wasn't a fan of the slow pacing in the first half, but I guess the build up was worth it, as I was really enjoying the last few episodes. The drama at the festival was my favorite drama oriented part of the show. Meanwhile the drama w/ Lucille and Leon Sykes I could've cared less about. Definitely enjoyed the music. I heard The Pillows in this episode. I was genuinely surprised to hear 'em.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Jul 4, 2015 9:59 PM
Aug 2014
FLCL soundtrack in this episode!
Aug 8, 2015 5:49 PM

Feb 2008
The curse of ongoing manga adaptations.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 18, 2015 10:56 AM

Jun 2009
I wonder how many manga chapters they "summarised" with that slideshow at the end? This show really needs a second season or a long running remake (akin to Hunter x Hunter 2011 but where the show is fully adapted).

Loved this anime.
Sep 21, 2015 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
i really enjoyed this show

a solid 9/10, yeah, there were issues with the animation and the bully crap in the first half was annoying, but overall I would watch this again, off to the manga!
:3
Dec 24, 2015 2:31 AM

Dec 2014
First 9 episodes were really slow but once the band finally got formed it got a lot more interesting. Yukio and his harem were annoying since all the girls besides Maho got almost no character development at all. We don't get a conclusion to the blonde douche, like we know she ends up with Yukio but how does he take it? The killer guy was so damn annoying. You're so tough and you kill people yet you're not going to kill Ryusuke for no real reason. And the show had all those problems and some more but damn when they played music if it wasn't the hypest shit ever. The last 6 episodes were where this show really started to shine, mainly at the festival.

Overall I can see why someone wouldn't like the show with all the flaws it has and I can agree with them but I don't know to me even with all the flaws it was still a really fun anime to watch.

7/10
bdsbffDec 24, 2015 2:45 AM
Dec 30, 2015 11:12 AM
Apr 2015
it was an alright,so-so,and quite good anime...really enjoyed it!! definitely gonna
read the manga...but after finishing 44040460860280025 other animes...
sigh...''that empty feeling'' after finishing an anime...
sorry for my english >,<
Dec 30, 2015 7:28 PM

May 2015
Beck rocked! It was a pleasure to close out the year with this anime. I was stoked that it ended in Seattle, I'm from there. A few years from now, I would love to see an anime for Death Grips. MC Ride is bae. <3

Jul 4, 2016 5:39 AM

Jun 2016
Chiba is so funny, still obsessed with that dream :D
The show is over amd honestly, I don't like Maho and Ryuusuke anymore. The other characters are okay though.
Still, it is not worth more than 7/10.
It was a nice series but not a great one.
Jan 30, 2017 8:31 AM

Dec 2007
Very slow development and progress, very few songs, rushed ending and a lot went unexplained but I still loved BECK

It took me back 10-12 years back when we were doing the exact same thing as our characters, going to underground rock pubs and clubs for lives of bands with weird names, mosh pits and cheap alcohol.
Everyone'd try to form a band, break up, reform again, break up, partly regroup with some new members and so on. It most certainly was one of the most careless and fun times in my life and Beck reminded me how precious it was :)
Feb 5, 2017 7:23 AM

Feb 2016
Plenty of flaws, but easy to excuse if you found the show entertaining. Koyuki's naivety borders on annoyance/unbelievable. The pettiness I get, but too much of it and it becomes all the more ridiculous when BECK comes out on top of it with a small victory to a long series of abuses.

I think Beck will make it one day, considering Koyuki in particular keeps getting praised.

But even if they don't, it's fine. Mr. Saitou never made it. Does he look unhappy? Got a girl on his side, ex-olympian gold medallist, teaches guitar and swimming for fun.

Does the guitar store guy look unhappy? Well sometimes, but he still keeps his passion true and alive as a fan and what better way than to run a guitar store?

The dub was excellent, they managed to make Ryuusuke sound collected and cool, Chiba energetic and well liked, Saku sounds like the all round nice guy that's older than his years, Koyuki has a lovely gravelly voice but still has the young adolescent touch.

The sub has one up on the dub by having the full OST.
Cloud_IllusionsFeb 5, 2017 7:35 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
May 24, 2018 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
The ending looks kinda rushed but glad they rejoined as a whole again.

Koyuki still a virgin though
Nov 8, 2018 12:38 AM

Jul 2009
Enjoyed the series even though the glacial pacing prevents it from reaching its full potential. Rarely do we get anime that focus on western rock music, so I'll be cherishing this for a long time. The swimming pool scene was the most memorable moment in the show.

Jan 5, 2019 9:00 AM

Oct 2018
despite the pacing i found the series as a whole to be enjoyable, mostly the last few episodes at the festival (as almost everyone i'm sure). Being myself in a promising band with quite awesome lives which ended up disbanding i felt really identified with many of the struggles and plot elements (although in a different scale of course)

anyone knows which is the first song that Taira's band is playing in this last episode?
Apr 25, 2019 11:30 PM

Apr 2009
Nope. Nope. Nope.

K-On! is better~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2019 7:55 PM

May 2018
@ 18:28 is a sample of “I Got Punched In the Nose for Sticking my Face In Other People’s Business” by Boys Night Out. I was never expecting to find that song in an anime.

Having lived there for a little while, I enjoyed the Seattle/Pike’s/Jimi segment. I really wish there would have been more America though. From the little that’s shown in the opening and slideshow, they really nail that late 90s Americana feel.
May 13, 2019 12:57 PM

Aug 2017
Well, this is it. The ending was not as spectacular as I thought (or hoped) it would be, but it was good. I am happy they were able to meet up in America, arranged a tour and played music together. BECK rocks! The ending felt a bit rushed, so I think I will pick up the manga sometime :) It was a nice journey overall.
May 25, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
This was quite an another one of quality underdog show I've seen with lot of epic and interesting memorable scenarios. Really shame this has no 2nd season and its freaking late to wish one by now orelse this easily could have been strong instant classic hitter.

Aside the rushed last episode, one of the biggest strength was the pacing and direction which was flawless and natural even if adapted just 34 chapters within 26 episodes never felt slow tbh.
Character' chemistry were also interesting but also my gripes were Ryuusuke and Maho's character which of those characters I liked more than the mc but at the same time found too erratic. Hopefully the manga will actually delves into them more.

Oh and the english dub was fantastic! indeed quite a tragedy for those finished in subbed (which feel bland).
Jul 23, 2019 9:56 PM

Dec 2013
Well I'm glad I watched it Dub. First half of this series was really underwhelming but damn if the second half wasn't entertaining. I also like how their songs go from barely average garage rock to really cool alt rock at the end. I guess we all agree Slip Out is their best although Full Moon Sways is also really cool.
Hey who knows maybe this show will make me finally pick up a fucking guitar and make me start a band. I've longed to create my own noise rock/shoegaze/IDM band
Also need Maho gf
Dec 10, 2019 1:36 AM

Feb 2011
Insanely boring direction, I literally could not have waited longer for this episode to end and that's not a good sign
Dec 23, 2019 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
this woulda been a solid 9 if the end wasnt so rushed. a few more episodes would've helped. but hey this was fun most of the time and the music is up my alley. the dub were superb...tho the volume levels is ridiculous

this was definitely one of those deja vu shows that felt like i seen before but never actually seen...thats what happens with alot of older shows for me even
Aug 5, 2020 5:04 PM
Aug 2019
I was hooked when I heard the first strum of the op and ended up binge-ing the series in two days. A cliffhanger but that's okay and i really love taira ugh. I love, love, love the OST. FULllLl mOooNn SwAaySs
Nov 25, 2020 7:21 PM
Feb 2019
i agree with everyone that the end of this anime was kinda rushed, this anime is that anime with balance genres and the focus is perfect I'm not a fan of romance i love how they're focusing more on the music more ant not overdramatic with the scene, nowdays anime is overdramatic and out of balance due to it's extreme genres
Nov 26, 2020 3:44 PM

May 2017
wow wow wow.. they have REALLY butchered this adaptation within the last 2 episodes. It felt so unnatural. That was disgusting. A decent anime hard dragged by the last 2 episodes.
Mar 21, 2022 2:42 PM
Aug 2020
I'm gonna miss Beck :( it's such a great anime tbh somehow it makes me feel comfortable and nostalgic ...

anyways

TYPHON 24 24/7
Apr 21, 2022 10:08 AM

Mar 2021
seita said:
I wished for some feel-good ending with all five members being shown.

That's what I don't understand, it's like if it was live action and they didn't actually have a set or actors so they had to just show the place. But that's not the case, it couldn't have been so difficult to just have a still frame of them playing together with the song in the background. But well, it still was amazing.
May 17, 2022 3:23 PM

Jun 2010
The animation was really running on fumes in this episode. So many static shots, even to avoid animating dialouge lip-flap.
Jun 26, 2022 11:41 AM
Dec 2021
Great anime!!! MInami is hot. Maho also is very hot.
Dec 6, 2022 1:56 AM

Dec 2020
Ayeee it ended in Seattle at the crocodile. That's where I'm from!

But loved this series. When I first started it reminded me a lot of Nana but like 90% less drama and depressing. The ending did indeed get rushed but it ended on a open happy note.
Dec 27, 2022 11:36 PM

Jun 2021
Dude, what an end. Koykui and the rest of Beck fulfilled Ryuusuke's dream of going to America and doing a tour.
All the members returned and in the end they only left us with a summary of what is possibly the remaining manga chapters... I'm going to read the manga because the animation and the transition of scenes made me very strange and uncomfortable in the anime ...but there is something that I can't get out of my head the moments I've spent watching this series...THE MUSIC, THE REFERENCES TO ROCK AND THE CHARACTERS AND THEIR INTERACTION. For a long time I have been liking rock in a serious way and I have researched and listened to everything and when I heard about beck I was hyped. Although it was not the best music anime in the world HERE I SAY: THANK YOU BECK FOR GIVING ME SOMETHING MORE THAN JUST AN ANIME OF MUSIC!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Jun 3, 2023 11:40 AM
Apr 2023
best ending anime ever
koyuki is an inspiration
Jun 21, 2023 3:21 PM

Jun 2021
Not even The Verve disbanded and regrouped that fast (no offense, on the contrary, Urban Hymns came out from that situation and that's such a amazing album). It honestly was a speedrun series finale, but still pretty satisfying, with cool details as Chiba crowd surfing in bliss (i've been there, it's the best feeling ever, the only thing better than mosh pits at rock concerts) and... meeting Weird Al Yankovic in the slideshow photos of the tour overseas...?

If i watched this about 10 years ago when i was the most into this kind of music, i would have possibly enjoyed it even more, and still, it was binge watched in the last week only.... to confirm how well made and engaging it is (also thanks to multiple characters like Saito and Kazuo Sautou that after unpromising introductions turned out to be very useful and / or good all along) even despite some minor flaws here and there (agree that the murder mistery subplot didn't add all that much to the big scheme of things). Nice italian dub (will never get tired of top tier names as Roberto Stocchi or Perla Liberatori), with pretty realistic lines spoken in english when it was time for subtitles because of the context.

Aug 19, 2023 8:34 PM
Mar 2018
Page was hilarious. Aho! Aho!
Mar 9, 8:40 PM

Dec 2022
Not at all fond of the slideshow ending. It glosses over significant events with a few still images made from filtered photographs, and instead opts to just have Koyuki and Maho narrate over them in retrospect.

This anime felt mostly stiff, directionless and lacking in the emotion it clearly wanted to convey throughout. For an anime you'd expect to be heavy on audiovisual appeal, the sound design and animation were also very weak.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beck Episode 23 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

42 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Beck Episode 22 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

47 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Beck Episode 21 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

40 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Beck Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

45 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Beck Episode 19 Discussion

aero - Aug 18, 2008

45 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 9, 2:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.