Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2012 9:45 PM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A decent fight, but definitely drawn out. They hinted at it for a while, but they finally revealed that Goku is fighting Gohan. I really want to see how Goku gets out of this mess.

Nov 11, 2013 3:08 PM

May 2012
I knew it, I was right that he'd be son Gohan! Damn nice character development! Lets see what's next and lets hope Goku wins for the sake of the dragonball location!
Nov 29, 2013 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
Roshi took his time figuring it out.
Mar 9, 2014 8:48 PM

Jun 2009
Tyestor said:

He trained the guy right? Because if it wasn't a long, long time ago you would think he would have figured out it was Gohan sooner. Then again, there is no telling how many Students Roshi has had since.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 9, 2014 9:14 PM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
Tyestor said:

He trained the guy right? Because if it wasn't a long, long time ago you would think he would have figured out it was Gohan sooner. Then again, there is no telling how many Students Roshi has had since.

Yep master Roshi was Gohan's Teacher. Just goes to show how far down in the generations and how legendary Muten roshi really is in the eyes of the world.

If you think bout it, Goku's son later on is named after his grandpa as well. Yes this is a spoiler but i highly doubt anyone has not seen DBZ

Mar 9, 2014 9:52 PM

Jun 2009
link9us said:
insan3Spectre said:
Tyestor said:

Yep master Roshi was Gohan's Teacher. Just goes to show how far down in the generations and how legendary Muten roshi really is in the eyes of the world.

If you think bout it, Goku's son later on is named after his grandpa as well. Yes this is a spoiler but i highly doubt anyone has not seen DBZ

Strangely enough, it's weird as hell for me to see a character named Gohan who isn't the character you are referring to.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 18, 2014 12:34 AM

Mar 2013
link9us said:
insan3Spectre said:

I haven't! Missed out on the whole franchise in my childhood. Decided to start catching up in chronological order starting from this series.
Dec 24, 2014 9:01 AM

Feb 2014
LoneUlfsark said:
link9us said:

I haven't! Missed out on the whole franchise in my childhood. Decided to start catching up in chronological order starting from this series.

Same, this is my first time watching Dragon Ball. I'll watch DBZ after finishing this.
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Oct 30, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
This is a clash of superlatives: Son Goku vs. the legendary Son Gohan himself, Son Goku's grandpa!
Mar 2, 2017 10:27 AM

Aug 2013
In all honesty this is one of the most enjoyable fights in the series so far, a bit more serious then a lot of the other gag heavy battles.
Jul 28, 2017 7:05 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I wonder what gokus reaction will be

Aug 22, 2017 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
I KNEW IT!!! It was the only possible person. Should be interesting how Goku gets out of this one.
Sep 13, 2017 1:54 AM

Jun 2016
That Kamehameha reveal! No one else could've mastered that technique but Roshi's students, and who else but Son Gohan. That was when I figured it out at least. That was really well done, although I felt it was too obvious at that point to have reason for that long suspenseful reveal on who he was.

People love spoiling DBZ on here, I know it's crazy, but a lot of people really haven't seen it. Essentially every thread breaks the rule of no manga spoilers past this point, and if I could I would make the first post on the first thread: "DO NOT LOOK AT THESE DISCUSSIONS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN DBZ". I will make sure to tell any friends who haven't seen DBZ to steer away from these, sadly.
Mar 2, 2020 9:43 PM
Jan 2020
what happened to when someone did the kamehameha they'd get all muscley because of all the power they were creating? i get it wouldn't really make it as usable as it is right now but come on, it was cool
May 25, 2020 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
This was a very well done fight, one of the top duels for me, for sure, right up there behind Goku Vs. Master Roshi. It was just so cool. I knew it, the seemingly old man behind the rabbit mask is Gohan, Goku's grandpa. They were throwing and sprinkling hints here and there that it was just too obvious. He is an excellent fighter, as expected of a fellow student of Master Roshi. I wonder how he looks like, though.

I do have to say that Goku's tail, while it proved to be of great help in many situations, also serves as a huge downside once someone gets a hold of it. Goku ought to develop something, anything, to protect his weakness, lest he wounds up in tough spots like right here.
Jul 2, 2020 4:46 AM

Dec 2015
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs This is thanks to people watching the second supposedly ve--better part before the first one. (mainly american guys but not only)
Sep 8, 2020 7:45 AM
May 2019
I knew it! I had it on my tongue since the beginning, but couldn't quite figure it out. Then he revealed his mastery over the kamehameha - that's when it became obvious to me. Well, this is an interesting fight - quite suspenseful.
Jan 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Oct 2020
Yes!!! I knew it!!!

It is Gohan, Gokus Grandpa. I suspected him because he was only familiar to Goku and Roushi. Roushi took it long to understand. I wonder what happened to him.

Gohan is still strong enough to combat with Goku in equal. However Goku almost defeated him until Gohan used the only weakness of Goku.

I hope that Gohan will help Goku to get over from his weakness.
Apr 16, 2021 2:09 PM

Jul 2016
Awesome episode! Even though I knew who it was, it did not matter in the least. So glad I'm revisiting this series.
Jul 17, 2022 11:37 PM

May 2019
Great fight and reveal! It's been a long time since I've seen DB that I've forgotten how some things have gone, like I don't remember how Goku gets out of this predicament but it took me almost as long as Master Roshi to figure out who the mysterious fighter was. Been enjoying these fights from the Fortuneteller Baba saga.
Nov 26, 2022 3:28 PM
Mar 2021
So beautiful seeing Goku reunite with Gohan. I damn near cried
Dec 31, 2022 10:42 PM

Dec 2021
This is probably my favorite fight so far
Apr 11, 2023 8:58 AM

Jan 2021
Goku! I am your grandfather!
Dec 9, 2023 11:22 PM

Jun 2020
One of the best fights yet, especially since the series became more battle centric. Since the past fighters of this arc were halloween monsters and ghouls it makes sense for the one at the very top to be a ghost/reincarnation of Gohan himself

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lPix - Dec 31, 2009

57 by berninhachan2 »»
Apr 14, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 153 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KitaTsuki - Oct 14, 2011

64 by b1ackyoshi »»
Apr 6, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 24 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Sep 27, 2010

35 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 5, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 18 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 6, 2011

31 by oozePOP »»
Apr 1, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Oct 18, 2008

53 by AverageRiceFan »»
Mar 31, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.