Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Yu Yu Hakusho Chapter 175 Discussion

Jan 15, 2012 2:16 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST.
----------------------------------------
Well Genkai Dying right when everything ended sure makes the manga more official for the ending, That was a massive amount of land she owned. Well the manga and Anime sure have their difference's in the art department some more evident than others..But I really enjoyed this manga until next time..

Behold of my awesomeness~

Dec 5, 2013 3:32 AM
Wow.

I

just

wow.

I've never been so utterly pissed off at an ending before. The final arc ending right in the middle, with the resolution delivered via talking heads after the fact, a main character dying off-panel, with even her soul visiting Yusuke one more time happening off-panel, to the point that the chapter that's all about her death doesn't have her appear even once. All the epilogue one-shots that drag on to the length of an entire tankobon (and yet feel extremely rushed,) with Mukuro's backstory feeling tacked on and like it could've been a lot better if it was integrated into the final arc instead.

Reading this whole tankobon was like watching a marathon runner get ten feet away from the finish line, and then suddenly break both legs, crack his skull on the pavement, and then drag his bleeding, concussed body about nine more feet before he bleeds to death. This is easily one of the worst, sloppiest endings I've ever seen.

Mar 18, 2014 7:41 PM

The last 20 or so chapters seemed pretty random. I liked how they are trying to have the human world and spirit world coexist peacefully. But wasn't Genkai already dead before? Oh well. The series was still pretty good.

Apr 20, 2015 4:17 PM
News Team
Good series overall. Really loved the Dark Tournament arc and the amount of action present in this series with the action.

Kinda agreed about the last few chapters being a bit different from the majority of the series but still tolerable. Only some parts of the series I found weak were the comedy as I was never into that but this was quite a fun experience.

May 4, 2015 5:43 PM

Stark700 said:
Good series overall. Really loved the Dark Tournament arc and the amount of action present in this series with the action.

Kinda agreed about the last few chapters being a bit different from the majority of the series but still tolerable. Only some parts of the series I found weak were the comedy as I was never into that but this was quite a fun experience.

Conversely, the comedy is perhaps my favorite thing about this series, after the characters (& I still love the main cast, that much hasn't changed at least). Saved a lot of a chapters from just being a boring slog to read through. Like the last few chapters could've been.

Anyway, after saying that neither the Dark Tournament & Chapter Black arcs don't hold up from what I remember, it's nice to be able to say that the Three Kings arc is just as good as I remember. Which is to say, not that good. It has good moments but there are lots of flaws here & the anime's final episode is about 1,000 times better than the manga. Honestly, when compared to the anime or Togashi's other works (namely Hunter x Hunter), this manga just doesn't hold up. It's a relatively quick read, especially when compared to other battle shonens.

On it's own though, it's still a decent read. I had a fun time revisiting Yu Yu Hakusho more often than not & even though it's not a strong as I remembered, doesn't mean it doesn't have it's strengths. 7/10.

Current status: Episodes 1-3 Done.

Jun 11, 2015 12:42 PM

The anime ending was more romantic. I was expecting a kiss. =[

Mukuru's back story was fuvcked up. So, she was a sex slave of her father?
If Mukuru was serious in the tournament she could win it all, but she lacked of motivation. Hei's gift for Mukuru's was sweet, I can't believe he did that for her.

I've watched the anime multiple times when I was a kid and after reading the manga I've noticed some plot holes. Obviously Togashi didn't plan ahead and the art was inconsistent. The early volumes were boring, just a gag-SoL with supernatural element. It started to get interesting after Togoru was introduced. The demon world arc was better in anime since they skipped a lots of fights. Togashi probably was just lazy or whatsoever.

7/10 (should be 6 but im generous)

Apr 18, 4:30 AM

I just finished the manga for the second time and I liked it a lot more than the first time.

My favourite thing is definitely the characters. They are all very fleshed out and feel human, which makes them very likeable.

I love the early part and also these last chapters. They're all about the characters and has an overall "nice" atmosphere to them. I don't think the end is bad in any way, even though it is a bit rushed. But that is all understandable considering how Togashi felt at the time, and I think he did as well he could. The best part of the manga though is the second half of the Dark Tournament arc and the Chapter Black arc.

Overall, I don't think this manga really has anything that is outright bad. Some things could have been better, but that goes with everything. The length is helpful as it doesn't go on for to long, as many manga of this kind often do.