Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jan 15, 2012 1:28 PM

If you have finished the anime you are watching or just are looking for a new one you can ask here!

Just describe what you're looking for & Anime Afterlife will try it's best to find you the perfect match! :)

If you want to discuss an anime that you're watching or ask questions about anime, then you're at the right place! Just get ready for some intense conversations!

Use spoilers when they are needed to not spoil any information for other people
If you don't know how to use it ["spoiler]["/spoiler] just with out the "
Modified by naturalbrawler, May 3, 2012 4:36 PM

Jan 31, 2012 6:47 PM

Hmm I will try this first...or I guess second :c)

I want a good detective mystery anime to watch like Case Closed or Un Go, Gosick... Not something that is a constant laugh riot though. I have too many of those type of anime that I am watching. I want something a little more serious...

Feb 1, 2012 11:30 PM

I've been looking for the same thing for a while, and I generally wind up with either nothing, or a recommendation for Boogiepop Phantom. I haven't given it a look yet - decided I should probably finish some of the series I've already started first - but you could give it a try.
"A teacher of mine used to say, 'Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge you because you are a vegetarian'."
-Harold Kushner

"A flower is weak and frail. If you try to cover it from the wind and the rain, it will die longing for the sun."
-Ai Haibara (Detective Conan)

Feb 10, 2012 4:28 PM

Hey!

I need help!

What's a good anime like Air or Clannad?

I really appreciate the help.

Please & thank you! ^_^

Feb 10, 2012 4:36 PM

ummmm you might like Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, Toradora!, Honey and Clover, Sola, True Tears, or 5 centimeters per second (short movies) :)

Feb 10, 2012 4:38 PM

TheAnaBanana said:
ummmm you might like Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, Toradora!, Honey and Clover, Sola, True Tears, or 5 centimeters per second (short movies) :)

Now the question is...are they in English by any chance?

:) Thanks for the help!

Feb 10, 2012 4:39 PM

Kanon is your best bet. It was made by the same company and is very similar. Ano Hana, Sola and 5cm/s should work too. ^^

EDIT: I think almost every anime is available in English, fansubbed or even officially released, that shouldn't be a problem.
Modified by Pabloc, Feb 10, 2012 4:42 PM

Feb 10, 2012 4:42 PM

Pabloc said:
Kanon is your best bet. It was made by the same company and is very similar. Ano Hana, Sola and 5cm/s should work too. ^^

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about Kanon..Does it have a sad ending?

Feb 10, 2012 4:53 PM

Does it have a sad ending?
I'd say it's generally more on the heartwarming side, though not every story arc ends well...
Anyway, it always makes me cry, even though I re-watched it ~3-4 times already, and read the original visual novel as well.

Feb 10, 2012 5:02 PM

Pabloc said:
Does it have a sad ending?
I'd say it's generally more on the heartwarming side, though not every story arc ends well...
Anyway, it always makes me cry, even though I re-watched it ~3-4 times already, and read the original visual novel as well.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it..now I'll try to find that anime & start watching! ^_^

Feb 10, 2012 5:20 PM

naturalbrawler said:
TheAnaBanana said:

Now the question is...are they in English by any chance?

:) Thanks for the help!

Honey and Clover- Eng (REALLY good!)
5 centimeters per second - Eng

Feb 10, 2012 5:27 PM

Hypercardiac to the rescue! :)

There are just sooooo many animes to watch that it is sometimes overwhelming!

Feb 10, 2012 10:37 PM

I want an anime that has a genre of comedy and something about supernatural powers.

Feb 11, 2012 3:51 AM

naturalbrawler said:

You could also try Angel Beats. (EDIT: idk why the link isn't working. Just copy/paste I guess. :/) It's not as similar to those two as they are to each other, but it's a good bittersweet kind of anime. It's got action, drama, little bits of romance interspersed throughout, and some great comedy to keep everything balanced out. I'd say it's probably my favorite anime to date. And it's got an English dub, if that's what you're looking for.
(Actually, see my avatar? That's Angel, from Angel Beats. ;D)

Dokuji_Saratome said:
I want an anime that has a genre of comedy and something about supernatural powers.

Hmm, I think Kaze no Stigma might have had a bit of comedy in it. It didn't really leave a strong impression on me, but it might be along the lines of what you're looking for. You could give Soul Eater a try too.

To Pabloc:
Your avatar made me smile so big. ^__^
Modified by ChaosBeing, Feb 11, 2012 4:43 AM
"A teacher of mine used to say, 'Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge you because you are a vegetarian'."
-Harold Kushner

"A flower is weak and frail. If you try to cover it from the wind and the rain, it will die longing for the sun."
-Ai Haibara (Detective Conan)

Feb 21, 2012 9:32 AM

Anyone watching Phantom Requiem?

Feb 21, 2012 9:37 AM
OH OH OH! I finished that anime recently...!

Feb 21, 2012 9:38 AM

Well how was it?

Hit or a miss?

Feb 21, 2012 9:51 AM

It dipends on what you like too you know Natural... XD

I did like it... but i am the only one of my friends that did like it XD

Feb 21, 2012 1:44 PM

LF Anime Series/OVA

Only 2 conditions:
1 - very enjoyable
2 - dont have it on my list xD

Feb 21, 2012 5:30 PM

Try Carnival Phantasm if you feel like it...

Feb 21, 2012 11:34 PM

naturalbrawler said:

Started watching it a while back and it really hasnt interested me that much. Its ok and the idea of it is good. Just not that entertaining to me.

Feb 22, 2012 8:23 AM
Dokuji_Saratome said:
,me tooooooooooooo,i love those like black butler

Feb 22, 2012 8:26 AM
Lynerix said:

If you have finished the anime you are watching or just are looking for a new one you can ask here!

Just describe what you're looking for & Anime Afterlife will try it's best to find you the perfect match! :)

If you want to discuss an anime that you're watching or ask questions about anime, then you're at the right place! Just get ready for some intense conversations!

Use spoilers when they are needed to not spoil any information for other people
If you don't know how to use it ["spoiler]["/spoiler] just with out the "

want watch something comedy,action,supernatural or horror....

Feb 22, 2012 4:47 PM

Lynerix said:
It dipends on what you like too you know Natural... XD

I did like it... but i am the only one of my friends that did like it XD

I'm currently watching it & it's okay, just want to see others reaction..

Feb 22, 2012 4:49 PM

Hypercardiac said:
naturalbrawler said:

Started watching it a while back and it really hasnt interested me that much. Its ok and the idea of it is good. Just not that entertaining to me.

It's okay, the story & stuff is good but they could've made it better in my opinion. I'm like half way through it but I still want to finish it all the way through.

Feb 22, 2012 4:51 PM

Dokuji_Saratome said:

How about Demon King Daimao?

It's comedy & deals with magical powers type thing. I just started the anime & it seems pretty good.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/7088/Ichiban_Ushiro_no_Daimaou

Feb 22, 2012 5:37 PM

lakshika said:

Here are a few that I recomend! :C)
Comedy, Action, Supernatural- Fairy Tail
Horror, Action- High School of the Dead, Tokyo Majin
Supernatural- C Control, Witch Hunter Robin, Ghost Hound

Feb 22, 2012 5:39 PM

naturalbrawler said:
Hypercardiac said:
naturalbrawler said:

It's okay, the story & stuff is good but they could've made it better in my opinion. I'm like half way through it but I still want to finish it all the way through.

I think im in same boat as you on this one. I hate not finishing anime unless it is so horrible that I want to claw my eyes out.

Feb 22, 2012 10:18 PM

Has anyone here seen Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)? I really am enjoying this series and I want to get some feedback from the rest of you guys. Plus is there any other animes that have the similar horror/suspense genre as this one...besides Higurashi I have seen all of them and yes I loved them!
"All your friskies belongs to us..."

- The Kitten Kommander

Feb 22, 2012 10:25 PM
lakshika said:
]

Horror-- Boogiepop Phantom, Shiki, Higurashi, Another.
Comedy-- Great Teacher Onizuka, Minami-ke, Excel Saga, Full Metal Panic Fumofou.
Action-- Tiger & Buuny, Black Lagoon, Shikabane Hime, Full Metal Panic.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

Feb 22, 2012 10:43 PM
I want to watch something comedy, romance, harem and horror :)

Feb 23, 2012 12:06 AM

A all in one lol? Or will any do? :c)

Feb 23, 2012 9:43 PM
any will do :)

Feb 23, 2012 10:35 PM

sandyjaynee said:

Hmmm Let see...

Comedy, Romance- School Rumble, Fruits Basket
Romance-Nana, Clannad
Horror-Highschool of the dead, Skull Man
Comedy- Lucky Star
Romance, Horror Shiki,Tokyo Majin, Shikabane Hime (they are not really horror like blood and guts but more like the dead, zombies, undead...etc.)

Hope those work for you! :c)

Feb 24, 2012 6:19 PM

Just finished Canaan...gave it a 6...it was just ehh..

Has anyone watched it?

Feb 24, 2012 6:29 PM

Yup! I liked it! Hated that it was so short and rushed at the end but I thought it was good. :c)

Feb 24, 2012 8:20 PM

How'd you like it?

It seemed that the story lacked something...

How did Canaan get those powers & stuff? She wasn't borner right?

Feb 24, 2012 9:14 PM

Its a result of the Ua virus. She was one of the lone survivors of her hometown that the govement had done testing on. Her powers were basically a side effect of the virus.

What is lacking prob is more of a back story. There are only small flashbacks to explain people or events but no real detail into it leaving parts blank.

What I liked though the idea of the main arc, the side arc of the Alphard and co and the fight scenes. Her powers were a trip! I did a review of it on my blog. :c)

Feb 24, 2012 9:36 PM

But don't people who were affected my the Ua virus, have visible blood vessels? Like all the other borners, Hakko & Yun-Yun.

That's what got me confuse about Canaan & Alphard..

Feb 24, 2012 10:06 PM

Both were kind of freak results from the Ua virus. You have the borners with the extra powers, unblooms with the sensitivity to light and sound, then there was Canaan and Alphard. They are like borners but not. They dont have the flower and they have more hightened skills.

Thast the part that is like they kinda went into the back ground but not really. Towards the end they do a flashback on Canaans village and realize that it was the virus that killed everyone.

Feb 24, 2012 11:01 PM

gintama is hands down my all time favorite anime. its ability to deliver serious arcs in a short amount of eps to me is a great set up. its not like other long running shounens where they have long and dragged out arcs in order to fulfill the requirements needed to advance the plot.
but on the other side i can see this being a bit of a shortcoming for those that r seriously into the big 3, because the one thing that makes them different from gintama is they have actual progression to a clear goal. but imo, this makes gintama unique. because it does not focus on progressing to one thing they have the ability to make a serious arc out of anything, and since there is no long term goal to go for, they can keep it short, simple, and highly enjoyable.

on top of their plot set up they r very rich in comedy, even in some of their serious arcs they will throw in some occasional jokes! it also has a fair balance of ecchi, not excessive in fan service at all. its not repetitive, there is always something new in every arc, it is a very random anime :D. the action scenes r very heavy budget and epic quality! i swear, when they save up from w/e they make from the series they dump loads of money into a few eps on their serious arcs. the cast is highly enjoyable. one of the biggest upsides is having kugirie as a seiyuu for one of the main characters in this series, i absolutely love her voice acting!

and u also get a very unusual lead protagonist. he lacks many qualities that u see in a lot of leads for this genre, he doesnt often show a sense of morals, his attitude is pretty cut back as well, and he never fails to look absolutely outrageous when the time calls for it. yet despite all this his ability in combat is amazing, he isnt like some1 who looks like a complete pushover and "whoa" suddenly pops back with a godly amount of strength. and this shows in how his partners treat him too, they have complete confidence when they r with him. they know that when they have him on their side, things r going to turn out well. and this is something i love seeing in a lead character, i do not believe i having some1 who technically is just a figurehead as far as the lead role goes. if any1 has the lead role, it should go to the most impressive person, and gintoki definitely matches that very discription

one more thing i have to say about this series, do no put it down just because its earliest eps were shit. yes i will admit to this, gintama has bad pacing early on in the series, and like many other long running shounens, will take time b4 u can truly enjoy it. but once u get to the more serious arcs u will start to see how amazing this anime can be. and ya believe me, it was very hard for me to force myself thru its dullness, but my friend kept driving me on to watch more, and once i started watching the better eps, i was hooked. i literally went thru about 170 eps in 2 months, it was the only thing i could even think about watching at the time and i was happy as hell when i got more into it. i actually h8ed it when i got caught up XD, life felt a little wierd after that point =/

and wow, looks like i got srsly into this, wasnt planning on making it that long, but i just felt like i had to keep typing about it @_@
i should copy/paste this and make a review lolz

Feb 24, 2012 11:31 PM

kenshin_sama said:

gintama...

and wow, looks like i got srsly into this, wasnt planning on making it that long, but i just felt like i had to keep typing about it @_@

I like Gintama too! I am trying to watch more but I am thinking I will wait until I can get the dvds. Its too hard to try and follow along with the sub streaming on crunchyroll when you have like 300 some odd episodes to get through lol.

Feb 25, 2012 9:55 AM

Hypercardiac said:
Both were kind of freak results from the Ua virus. You have the borners with the extra powers, unblooms with the sensitivity to light and sound, then there was Canaan and Alphard. They are like borners but not. They dont have the flower and they have more hightened skills.

Thast the part that is like they kinda went into the back ground but not really. Towards the end they do a flashback on Canaans village and realize that it was the virus that killed everyone.

Oh, I understand. I still think Alphard should've whopped Canaan. She had guts to shoot off her arm.

I still expected more from the anime /: it has been the lowest score anime that I have now with a 6.

Feb 25, 2012 9:58 AM

kenshin_sama said:
gintama

I really want to watch Gintama but I don't like watching shows with subs. So I guess I'll have to wait because eventually they will create English Dubs for the show :)

Feb 25, 2012 10:06 AM

Gintama is invicible couse of voice accors also, get dubbed and u lose about 50% of enjoyment...

Feb 25, 2012 11:39 AM

But still, I enjoy anime in English :)

Feb 26, 2012 2:03 AM

I like Japanese dub 'cause of the -san, -sama thing and their screams. But I like english dub when it comes to the accent.

Feb 26, 2012 10:09 AM

Has anyone seen Angel Beats or Clannad? Thinking about watching them. Anyone here recommend them?

Feb 26, 2012 10:25 AM

I've seen Angel Beats! & I'm currently watching Clannad..

Watch Angel Beats! It's very good anime, it has comedy & it's pretty sad too! WATCH IT! I wish it had more episodes. You'll enjoy it, trust me :)

Everyone says Clannad is really good & also very sad. I'm on like episode 5 so I really can't say much. It's not really addicting right now but like alright, it's supposed to get better.

Feb 26, 2012 9:52 PM
Hypercardiac said:
sandyjaynee said:

Hmmm Let see...

Comedy, Romance- School Rumble, Fruits Basket
Romance-Nana, Clannad
Horror-Highschool of the dead, Skull Man
Comedy- Lucky Star
Romance, Horror Shiki,Tokyo Majin, Shikabane Hime (they are not really horror like blood and guts but more like the dead, zombies, undead...etc.)

Hope those work for you! :c)

thank you so much!

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »