Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2012 12:47 PM

Apr 2008
I'm technically still new to the Asian drama shows, I say technically because I have watched only ONE series, and that was a live-action adaption of the anime "H2", and I thought the live-action was MUCH better then the anime.

But I'm not looking for more live-action adaption, well if you list more that would be great, but I'm honestly wanting to get the Asian Drama a shot, as it seems to filled with romcoms which I'm a fan of.

My favorite genres are romantic comedies and mysteries, so PLEASE start me out with something funny or very mysterious, thank you all for your time and help.
Jan 15, 2012 2:10 PM
Dec 2011
If you want something funny AND mysterious. I would recomend Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de. It's a Japanese drama. I think it's a good candidate under this type of genre (>o<)

It's about a rich girl who work as a detective, but she lacks a few deductive skills. Because of this she relies to her butler to help solve cases.
Not only that her partner is weird. Only jumps to conclusion on his own record, he thinks he is the best just because he is a millionaire and ''handsome''. He believes all women likes him.

I hope this will help^^
Jan 16, 2012 10:13 AM

Nov 2009
Protect the Boss would probably be a good romantic comedy. For the mysterious aspect, you could look into Prosecutor Princess. o:

Edit: Oh, and City Hunter as well as IRIS. C:
afsaeedJan 21, 2012 9:21 AM
Jan 18, 2012 9:33 PM

May 2009
If you like detective/mystery try Shibatora. It's a great show. I thought I wouldn't like it at first, but I stuck with it and I really enjoyed it. Give it a shot :)
Jul 22, 2012 3:06 PM

Jun 2011
ChibiHanyou said:
If you like detective/mystery try Shibatora. It's a great show. I thought I wouldn't like it at first, but I stuck with it and I really enjoyed it. Give it a shot :)

that is a good one. also try tokyo dogs

The life of a pirate is a short, but merry one.

Jul 23, 2012 7:48 AM

Aug 2009
Lucky Seven or Yankee-kun to Megane-chan(live action).

Jul 23, 2012 8:01 AM
Mar 2011
Kage no Gundan
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 27, 2012 2:48 AM

May 2012
Agreed with the recommendations above for Tokyo Dogs (funny!) and Shibatora.

There are many mystery or funny/detective doramas.
-Galileo
-Detective Conan
-Boss/Boss2
-Mr Brain
-Puzzle (this is hilarious!)
-QED
-Hancho

More towards thriller/mystery (not comedy)
-Guilty
-Bloody Monday/Bloody Monday 2
-Untouchable

Romantic comedies
-Ouran High School Host Club
-Otomen
-Hanakimi

Labouma said:
If you want something funny AND mysterious. I would recomend Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de. It's a Japanese drama. I think it's a good candidate under this type of genre (>o<)

It's about a rich girl who work as a detective, but she lacks a few deductive skills. Because of this she relies to her butler to help solve cases.
Not only that her partner is weird. Only jumps to conclusion on his own record, he thinks he is the best just because he is a millionaire and ''handsome''. He believes all women likes him.

I hope this will help^^

You forgot the most important thing about Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato De ---> Sho-chan. I think many fangirls watch that dorama simply because of him. :D
Jul 28, 2012 7:18 AM

Aug 2011
All are romance comedies, unless otherwise stated.

For Korean dramas,
Anything by Hong Sisters

Underlined = Their biggest hits.

Big (KBS2, 2012) -> different from their earlier dramas
The Greatest Love (MBC, 2011) ★ -> It goes a bit into how hard the entertainment industry is.
My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox (SBS, 2010) ★ -> Personally, i don't like it.
You're Beautiful (SBS, 2009) ★ -> Their most popular work
Hong Gil Dong (KBS2, 2008) ★ -> Historical drama
Couple of Fantasy (MBC, 2006) ★ -> Based on the 1987 American movie Overboard. I find it the funniest kdrama I've ever watched.
My Girl (SBS, 2005) ★ -> My favourite work of theirs(I watch about 5 or 6 of their work). I think I watch it twice?
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang (KBS2, 2005) ★ -> Their first work, the 1 that got them popular. High school romance.

ALSO,
Coffee House -> But you need to like the right couple
Smile You -> My favourite drama of all time. Romance+Comedy+Family. 45episodes x 1hr 05mins per episode. I like it a lot.

Can you hear my Heart - Drama but there are also funny parts.You will experience crying+ laughing in some of the episodes. Romance between a deaf boy and a girl with a dim-witted father. Same screenwriter as 'Smile You'.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Jul 29, 2012 6:30 PM
Jun 2012
i'm gonna say my fav dramas:

Hana kimi (chinese drama)
devil beside you
:3
Aug 7, 2012 10:34 PM
Aug 2012
I just love your blog.Thanks for posting it.i have something that someone comeback again…
technology Articles
.there is a lot of useful information a person can get from here…I must say,well done...
UK Telephone Numbers
i visited it daily,what a colourful blog it is....colours attracted me a lot....i visited it daily,what a colourful blog it is.... a very decent and nice blog...i like it so very much...
Aug 11, 2012 10:31 AM
Jun 2012
do u like hong kong shows?
Aug 16, 2012 7:27 PM

Oct 2011
For romantic comedy, try Boys Over Flowers. It's a really great Korean drama.
Aug 17, 2012 2:19 AM

Apr 2012
Atashinchi no Danshi is a must. It's funny yet there are dramatic scenes that'll make you cry.
Aug 19, 2012 10:09 PM
Aug 2012
a really good start might be any of the works that the hong sisters wrote ^^
my girl
hong gil dong
delightful girl chunhyang
fantasy couple
my girlfriend is the nine-tailed fox
the greatest love
Big
These are all romantic comedies, but there are also really sad parts that made me cry. A good start, especially my girl (tho it's kinda old)

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3382 by lcee_15 »»
32 minutes ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4817 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
3 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7576 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
5 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

2 by Pengawas »»
5 hours ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.