Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 13, 2012 5:03 PM

Jan 2008
Well that was a load of hypocrisy. Yuji said the Denizens not allied with the Flame Hazes, will leave, and thus bringing peace to the worlds, because the Denizens won't have to kill/consume in order to exist.

I can understand why the Flame Hazes are freaking out b/c their sole purpose is to protect the balance of the worlds, which the Denizens disrupt by consuming the power of existence.

But now that they said they're leaving, the Flame Hazes no longer have a purpose. They can never return to a completely normal life b/c they gave up being human, only to live their life either by being killed doing their duty or having their existence burned to nothingness from their contract with Crimson Denizen Lords.

Now that Yuji and his Denizens have more or less won their battle, the only thing I don't get is; WHY are the Denizens still killing the Flame Hazes that have given up!? That doesn't make any sense. Yuji could easily order them to withdraw if the Flame Hazes gave up, yet he does nothing but watch as they kill the people Yuji vowed to bring peace to. What a douche-bag.

And Shana is no better. Speaking from a logical standpoint, excluding any ulterior motives or accidents during the creation by the God of creation/Snake of the Festival, Shana, no longer has a purpose along with the other Flame Hazes, other than to continue their hostility toward Yuji's grand order plan in case of any unforeseen said accidents or ulterior motives (if any at all). Shana just seems to me like a complete tool. She mindlessly follows what Alastor and the other Flame Hazes teachings to kill any Denizens, which the Crimson Lords themselves support doing by giving their powers to Flame Hazes, regardless of if any Denizen consume power of existence at all,. They're no different than real-life humans who kill each other for no reason other than their own gain IMO.
Estoy_GordoJan 13, 2012 5:15 PM
Jan 13, 2012 5:19 PM
Dec 2011
Okay..just to let everyone know...Yuji is not a flame haze. The flame hazes oppose the denizens, why? Because the Denizens feed on human souls and erase them from the world when they do that. The Flame Hazes are there to limit the Denezins consumption. The war was initiated by the Denezins.

If Flame Hazes are being hunted and an army of Denezins killing them, isn't that enough reason to fight back? They were being killed off and faced a threat against them and the entire world regardless of the plan or not. They had all the reason to fight back.

Also regarding the creation, the god of creation mentioned that the world will suffer and might have been destroyed thousands of years ago if his plan went through. Of course that would be common knowledge. The Denezins wished for it all along. But when Yuji mentions that the world they are fighting for will be free of Denezins and that his plan won't destroy the world.

They lost all morale and actually believed him. Their reason for fighting ended. What I don't understand is why didn't the Denezins let them retreat. I understand limiting the threat but if they let them retreat..that would give flame hazes less reason to fight.
Jan 13, 2012 5:24 PM

Apr 2008
Even if he say liberating Flame Haze of their duty, I don't think Yuuji cared of anyone other than Shana.
And it's not like any of the Bal Masque troops would be able to hurt Shana.

CMIIW, his Plan A is to build Xanadu as a sealed district in human world, overflowing with power so the denizens can just go to that place and get all the power they need. Got his ass kicked and sealed away into the gap.
Now, Plan B is to build a whole new world into that unused empty lot between two worlds where he's been imprisoned for 3000+ years.
Durmanstainer said:
7) If Yuji`s plan leads to Flame Hazes loosing their immortality and abilities and becoming ordinary people then many would resist. I would for example. I want my immortality and magic and wouldn`t mind killing billions to get it. I wouldn`t give a fuck about better future for everyone if it would endanger my magic and eternal youth. So such people cannot be reasoned with and Yuji got to kill them all, if they get in his way. Since they are more like bad guys who are against the world salvation.
There's no coming back after becoming Flame Haze, at least in the matter of existence.
Making the contract is the same as being eaten, they lose all their own existence and replaced with their partner. To say, their existence might not be so different from those they kill other than they have human shell and the two mind in one body setting.
That could be one reason why Yuuji mentioned all denizen will retreat other than those contracted, because if they go away, then the thing that made the Flame Haze exist in this world will go away too.

The only good motive for now would be, how many would need to be sacrifice in order to finish that plan. Even if he's the god of creation, building a whole world again wouldn't come without a price, would it ?
nseikaJan 13, 2012 5:36 PM
Jan 13, 2012 5:49 PM

Apr 2010
This episode is the best one so far.

True, Yuuji could let the Flame Hazes go after they lost their fighting spirit. But honestly, I don't really give a damn about them anyway.
Jan 13, 2012 5:51 PM

Oct 2010
4kicks said:
Well that was a load of hypocrisy. Yuji said the Denizens not allied with the Flame Hazes, will leave, and thus bringing peace to the worlds, because the Denizens won't have to kill/consume in order to exist.

I can understand why the Flame Hazes are freaking out b/c their sole purpose is to protect the balance of the worlds, which the Denizens disrupt by consuming the power of existence.

But now that they said they're leaving, the Flame Hazes no longer have a purpose. They can never return to a completely normal life b/c they gave up being human, only to live their life either by being killed doing their duty or having their existence burned to nothingness from their contract with Crimson Denizen Lords.

Now that Yuji and his Denizens have more or less won their battle, the only thing I don't get is; WHY are the Denizens still killing the Flame Hazes that have given up!? That doesn't make any sense. Yuji could easily order them to withdraw if the Flame Hazes gave up, yet he does nothing but watch as they kill the people Yuji vowed to bring peace to. What a douche-bag.

And Shana is no better. Speaking from a logical standpoint, excluding any ulterior motives or accidents during the creation by the God of creation/Snake of the Festival, Shana, no longer has a purpose along with the other Flame Hazes, other than to continue their hostility toward Yuji's grand order plan in case of any unforeseen said accidents or ulterior motives (if any at all). Shana just seems to me like a complete tool. She mindlessly follows what Alastor and the other Flame Hazes teachings to kill any Denizens, which the Crimson Lords themselves support doing by giving their powers to Flame Hazes, regardless of if any Denizen consume power of existence at all,. They're no different than real-life humans who kill each other for no reason other than their own gain IMO.

About killing Flame Hazes who gave up - now they gave up but later older hazes might regather the army. Panicking Flame Hazes can be recovered after a thorough talk. So it`s better to kill as many of them now in order to make sure that Flame Hazes will loose enough of their manpower to no longer pose a threat to Yuji`s Grand Plan. He cannot allow another failure. And it`s better to destroy any opposition completely and thoroughly just in case.
Yes, it`s not a good thing to do, especially after all this talk about salvation for everyne. But Yuji is gonna change the whole world for the better, not just save few hundreds of Flame Hazes. So he`s ready to make sacrifices. As i already said in my previous post, Yuji is fine with the lesser evil for the Greater Good. Killing defenceless Flame Hazes is that lesser evil and it`s nothing compared to stopping the endless conflict and meaningless deaths lasting for who knows how long. Few deaths now are nothing. Much more died throughout the history of this struggle and are gonna die if Yuji doesn`t achieve his goal.

As for Shana - i also mentioned it - look at the end of the previous page of the thread.
Jan 13, 2012 6:09 PM
Dec 2010
I'm so damn glad that Yuji finally announced his Grand Order. And it was, as I suspected, a completely sterile and peaceful plan for all of humankind/denizenkind. Great, problem solved. Shana can go home with Yuji now.

But no! The fighting does not end. The denizens rape through the stunned Flame Hazes. I just gotta say . True, Flame Hazes no longer have a reason to fight, but similarly, Crimson Denizens have no longer a reason to fight either!

The reason of lesser evil for greater good doesn't stand at all, because if you attack them while they no longer have a will to fight, you are simply killing defenceless civilians. This act in itself will give the Flame Hazes a new reason to fight for, and that is revenge. It doesn't protect Xanadu's creation at all because this act is simply angering and patronizing those stronger Flame Hazes who simply can't be killed by normal Denizen footmen (Shana, Wilhelmina, Sophie, Samuel, Khamsin......). If the denizens pull back to defend the Seirei Den, they would still defend their Xanadu and probably defend it way better than madly rushing the enemy. Violence will only create more and more violence. What happens in the end will be a situation where Flame Hazes don't exist to maintain balance in the two worlds anymore (because balance will maintain itself with Xanadu), but instead, Flame Hazes will continue to fight for their own vengeance against the Denizens. How dafuq is that supposed to be eternal peace?

One more thing I have to say, I really, really hate Sophie now. She's just a useless bitch who only talks big but has nothing inside. She's not even a real Flame Haze because she obviously doesn't fight to maintain balance. Yuji's speech didn't affect her at all, she probably took it all as bullshit. She's just a war maniac who can't stand one day of nothing-to-fight-against.
Jan 13, 2012 6:13 PM

Dec 2010
In war there will be losses; Yuji mentioned it best right before he made his speech and like Durmanstainer mentioned those who retreat could always be reorganized by people like the stupid nun thus no matter how brutal or "hypocritical" you think it may seem when it comes down to it; it really just is intelligent warfare. Also what do you think would occur if your leader; your "god"; the person who gave you motivate to fight on and completely screwed up the mentality of the "enemy" said "let them live; we wish none to die".... ya sorry dude but i just don't picture that coming out of any military commanders mouth much less on in this scenario.

Also going back to what Yuji said before he made his speech; if this war does not conclude then many more people will die. People often take for granted that in reality people die each and every single day; i forget the number but i was once told the average of the number of people that die by the hour (or something similar) and i was stunned; and in this setting on top of that already realistic number you add the Denizens which perhaps double it. There is no such thing as a perfect life because life isn't meant to be; in this new world there will be probably be arguments and issues just like in the old world however at the very least the meaningless devouring and taking of existence would be removed from the equation.

Riptos said:
It was awesome seeing Sophie panic, I really cant stand her character at all, she didnt even justify why the other Hazes shouldnt listen. She like many of them are so stuck up their own ass that they cant accept the prospect of peace.

This, it annoyed me when she was looking down during that part of the speech like she didn't even want to acknowledge that the words were being said at all; its like she was thinking "crap someone finally will put an end to my power... my position" I think Durmanstainer was the one to say it but i seriously think that is a solid theory because why else would they deny such a plan without consideration? If its like Durmanstainer said and they simply don't trust them because they are the "enemy" is one thing; they can be hesitate and review the scenario but they gave no indication of doing so; they simply denied it all; and the stupid nun wasn't the only one; from expression the guy with one eye and Shana didn't seem pleased by the words either; and i bet if you asked them why they would be left at absence for words for that is how shallow their reason for fighting really is.

I kind of feel bad for Yuji; he is being so unappreciated by the person he is doing it for its not even funny; also she says she "loves" him but like i mentioned before she doesn't even have it in her to trust him or to consider his words. Shana has been so shaky as a character this season its unreal. She starts of in episode 4 in complete denial saying he isn't even really Yuji (i don't even want to get into the fact that in that fight she got owned, her dialogue was so contradictory; you are Yuji, your aren't..) To later being scared of him simply because he was stronger than her showing her big ego getting in the way; and to now with her shallow resolve based on her "strongest" unrestricted spell. Don't get me wrong i don't hate or even dislike Shana, but because i like her character i can't really say i enjoy the road her character has taken this season.

Aside from the confession and the half vow; i found nothing deep or touching or even sincere about her words; it feels like they can be twisted at any moment. I could totally picture if the stupid nun told her some form of revelation her viewpoint would go 180 in the direction the nun wishes showing how much of a tool she really is.

Yuji at least is standing on solid ground; and he has been ever since he left at the end of the last season; i value resolve so when you put Yuji against Shana it really isn't hard to tell who has more right now.

newnar said:
One more thing I have to say, I really, really hate Sophie now. She's just a useless bitch who only talks big but has nothing inside. She's not even a real Flame Haze because she obviously doesn't fight to maintain balance. Yuji's speech didn't affect her at all, she probably took it all as bullshit. She's just a war maniac who can't stand one day of nothing-to-fight-against.

This, she is a war maniac; and the sad thing is that she doesn't appear to be the only one either; Also as the Flame Haze's leader she is a bad influence; like the guy who's eyes were covered by hair; he was just realizing Yuji's words and she slaps him for it... I highly doubt it; but i would really welcome the day she dies; Whether it be Yuji or the Trinity someone killing her off would be awesome.

In any case whether Yuji's plan is flawless or not is not the point; because even i believe that it may have some down point's as there are somethings that are too good to be true however the fact that they didn't even consider it goes a long way in terms of where they stand in regarding peace. I highly doubt they give a damn about their original purpose anymore; they are so stuck up in power and have so little regard for humans that they forget that they were once human...
InfiniteDestinyJan 13, 2012 6:23 PM
Jan 13, 2012 6:22 PM

Apr 2010
newnar said:
True, Flame Hazes no longer have a reason to fight, but similarly, Crimson Denizens have no longer a reason to fight either!

What are you talking about? Denizens do have a reason to fight, they want to realized The God of Creation's dream of creating the new world.
Jan 13, 2012 6:29 PM

Dec 2010
Valky said:
newnar said:
True, Flame Hazes no longer have a reason to fight, but similarly, Crimson Denizens have no longer a reason to fight either!

What are you talking about? Denizens do have a reason to fight, they want to realized The God of Creation's dream of creating the new world.

This, Flame Haze's entire point of existence is to maintain the balance of the world; the reason they need to maintain it is because of the presence of Denizens which consume large amounts of existence in order to survive thus offsetting the balance; however with Yuji's new world they wouldn't need to offset the balance as they would relocate to their better world thus making Flame Haze's redundant; however Denizens still need to fight in order to achieve said world because Flame Haze's like the nun are so stupidly stubborn that they insist on trying to get in the way even though it would solve everyone's problem. "the ideal perfect scenario" it truly is puzzling to see why they deny it so much; as for possibilities nothing pleasant comes to mind though; only greed of power or such things mentioned by Durmanstainer before.
InfiniteDestinyJan 13, 2012 6:39 PM
Jan 13, 2012 6:35 PM
Dec 2010
Valky said:
newnar said:

All they have to do to realize the creation is to sit on their asses and wait.
Jan 13, 2012 6:41 PM

Dec 2010
newnar said:
Valky said:
newnar said:

Wrong; the Flame Haze's are inferior in terms of power when you compare the SoF and them but they aren't so weak that they couldn't interfere if you simply let them.
Jan 13, 2012 6:43 PM

Apr 2010
newnar said:

lol,

Declaring your plan and make your plan reality are two different things. There's no guarantee your plan will always go your way. It's not like the world that Yuuji intend to create suddenly appears out of nowhere instantly.

Extreme plans always have an opposition, especially if it's something so extreme like creating a new world. Opposition are bounds to happen because there are people who want to live in the status quo.
Jan 13, 2012 6:50 PM
Apr 2010
im sorry i thought this episode was really corny
been a fan for a long time but i thought this was stupid
Jan 13, 2012 6:52 PM
Dec 2010
Valky said:
newnar said:

lol,

Declaring your plan and make your plan reality are two different things. There's no guarantee your plan will always go your way. It's not like the world that Yuuji intend to create suddenly appears out of nowhere instantly.

Extreme plans always have an opposition, especially if it's something so extreme like creating a new world. Opposition are bounds to happen because there are people who want to live in the status quo.

Hello, it's not like the denizens can do anything to help Snake of the Festival create Xanadu. And I'm sure that the "opposition" hardly existed until the denizens brought it upon themselves. Most of the Flame Hazes don't give a fuck about Xanadu as long as it doesn't affect the human world.
newnarJan 13, 2012 6:55 PM
Jan 13, 2012 6:57 PM

Dec 2010
newnar said:
Valky said:
newnar said:

lol,

Hello, it's not like the denizens can do anything to help Snake of the Festival create Xanadu. And I'm sure that the "opposition" hardly existed until the denizens brought it upon themselves.

Once again you should broaden your view; the Denizens can do something they can keep the Flame Haze's off the creators back. By logic's standpoint alone creating an entire world... i doubt Yuji wants to worry about being jumped in the process; so eliminating the opposition or at the very least ensuring they don't interfere is a must.
Jan 13, 2012 7:01 PM

Apr 2010
newnar said:
Hello, it's not like the denizens can do anything to help Snake of the Festival create Xanadu. And I'm sure that the "opposition" hardly existed until the denizens brought it upon themselves. Most of the Flame Hazes don't give a fuck about Xanadu as long as it doesn't affect the human world.
Well, they can at least fight the Flame Hazes/Other opposition to buy some time to make sure the plan realized.

If you want to create something like a new world, of course it is expected that there are others trying to disturb your plan and you have to deal with it. But that's the cost Seirei no Hebi has to pay to make his plan success.

They don't give a fuck you say? Of course they do. If Xanadu exists, they are no longer needed. Duh.
Jan 13, 2012 7:05 PM
Dec 2010
Valky said:
They don't give a fuck you say? Of course they do. If Xanadu exists, they are no longer needed. Duh.

They can very well live on with their normal lives.<<BTW, isn't this what Yuji wants with Shana from the entire start?

If not,
that makes the entire Flame Haze faction alot less on the protagonist side. Imagine policemen killing normal people just because there are no more criminals.

From the mass chaos in the Flame Haze side in the episode itself, I'm sure the number of those who will continue to threaten Xanadu's creation is less than the number of fingers I have.
Jan 13, 2012 7:21 PM

Apr 2010
newnar said:
They can very well live on with their normal lives.<<BTW, isn't this what Yuji wants with Shana from the entire start?

If not,
that makes the entire Flame Haze faction alot less on the protagonist side. Imagine policemen killing normal people just because there are no more criminals.

From the mass chaos in the Flame Haze side in the episode itself, I'm sure the number of those who will continue to threaten Xanadu's creation is less than the number of fingers I have.

That's precisely the problem. Flame Hazes exists to maintain the balance, and hunting denizens and the like. Well, you can say that hunting denizens are their normal live. If Denizens no longer pose a threat, then their existences are no longer needed.

I haven't read the LN yet, so I don't know what the Flame Hazes going to do with this, and how are they going to adapt to this massive change.

Maybe we'll know better next week.
Jan 13, 2012 7:34 PM

Jun 2011
yuji FTW i was wondering how he would tryto make evryone hapy .. , not bad i gotta say .

arrgh i cant wait for next week <.<
Jan 13, 2012 7:47 PM

Dec 2011
good ep, but so far the story/ plot between the flame hazes and Denizens reasons for fighting each other seems a bit weak/rushed, it would make the story better if the flame hazes had more of a stronger purpose for fighting the Denizens. Meh, we'll see how it turns out.

from what i know about the light novels, it looks like the anime will have the same ending (a good one)
Jan 13, 2012 8:33 PM

Aug 2010
Well, everyone seems to bash the flame hazes but they still have 10 episodes to explain why they are opposed to the Snake of the Festival / God of Creation / Yuji's plan.
Jan 13, 2012 9:19 PM

Nov 2010
love it :D not going to bash anybody... this is what makes a show intresting. they have 10 episodes left to end the war, bring shana and Yuuji together and mop up any unanswerd questions :-)

i'll be sitting by and enjoying the show while you all go nuts over what just happend haha.

"uh this season sucks!!!" for gods sake you lot are as bad as those who write 1 episode reviews and think they are friggin experts...
Jan 13, 2012 10:01 PM

Apr 2011
the only way flame hazes can win now is by deus ex machina.
this anime will probably end like soul eater...

and yeah i'm not surprised humans fought this war against denizens for no reason i mean they do that all time that's what humans do... :))
Jan 13, 2012 10:17 PM

Feb 2011
Well of course Yuji's plan SOUNDS flawless...

Very few people seem to be acknowledging the extreme likelihood that his plan isn't all sunshine, lolipops and rainbows for everyone. If anything, I'd say Sophie knows the bad that will still come of his plan rather than just being a stubborn warmonger, but it could easily be both.

+ what Prism said.
Jan 13, 2012 11:40 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, I did not expect that ending. They were all killed! One of the best episodes so far! Finally the "bad" guys win.

Haborym's little speech towards the end, in my opinion was one of the best moments in the episode, only triumph by Yuuji's speech.

The opening didn't seem to fit, also it seems like we might have some kind of "rest" from the action?
ClementIVJan 13, 2012 11:54 PM
Jan 14, 2012 2:35 AM

Dec 2011
Yuuji, how hypocritical.

"There is not need to fight, it is over"

Then your subordinate continue to fire their cannon and massacre every single one of them.

What for? If the Denizens really leave, and if peace is really achieve, there will be no reason for the Flame Haze to pursue them, so what for do they kill the Flame Hazes?
Vita-Jan 14, 2012 2:40 AM
Jan 14, 2012 2:51 AM

Sep 2011
Lovin the new OP! Mostly because its by Mami Kawada! <3 :D

Overall, I thought this episode was pretty good. Could be better, but then again, it could be worst as well. xD It sucks knowing this series is already passed its half way point and barely developed enough for me to enjoy it. In my opinion all this stuff should have been done by the 10th episode. Meh... whatever... I am a Shakugan no Shana fan for life! :D
Jan 14, 2012 5:55 AM

Apr 2008
Valky said:
So far, all magic things in Shana is fueled with the power of existence (either taken from human or the denizen's own "soul" existence). Assuming the snake is not excluded from that rule, creating a world seems like it's going to take hell lot of sacrifice.
Jan 14, 2012 6:21 AM
Jan 2012
nseika said:
Valky said:
So far, all magic things in Shana is fueled with the power of existence (either taken from human or the denizen's own "soul" existence). Assuming the snake is not excluded from that rule, creating a world seems like it's going to take hell lot of sacrifice.

Have you forgotten the Reiji Maigo? The trinity was able to use that to create an endless fountain of power of existence before. No reason they can't do something similar now.
Jan 14, 2012 6:43 AM
Feb 2011
I like Mami Kawada's voice.. but the opening seems totally random-.- Not what one would expect.
Jan 14, 2012 12:22 PM
Nov 2010
I'm now surely for Yuji's side, I really don't see anything wrong with it... I don't get why some of the Flame Hazes want what was happening until now to continue...
Jan 14, 2012 12:42 PM

Mar 2011
LieselotteHeart said:

What for? If the Denizens really leave, and if peace is really achieve, there will be no reason for the Flame Haze to pursue them, so what for do they kill the Flame Hazes?

Someone already answered this question on the previous page.

Anyway it was pretty good. I was sick of seeing the flame hazes destroying so easily the denizens. And the best thing of all was seeing that stupid nun getting owned lol.
Raziel1991Jan 14, 2012 12:51 PM
Jan 14, 2012 1:05 PM

Aug 2011
In a way I'm happy that the motives of both sides are complicated. much better than shallow plots where one side is clearly evil for no reason xD
Jan 14, 2012 1:12 PM

Apr 2010
Unahim said:
nseika said:

Have you forgotten the Reiji Maigo? The trinity was able to use that to create an endless fountain of power of existence before. No reason they can't do something similar now.

This.

And perhaps, if the commander isn't an old hag. I'll like the Flame Hazes more. lol.
Jan 14, 2012 1:27 PM

Feb 2010
Gorgeous op is gorgeous.
Jan 14, 2012 2:01 PM

Jun 2010
It took them this long to have a good enough explanation to why Yuji is doing all of this.

Jan 14, 2012 2:14 PM

Mar 2009
Great episode and the new OP is awesome.
Jan 14, 2012 7:26 PM
Jun 2008
Ausmix said:
good ep, but so far the story/ plot between the flame hazes and Denizens reasons for fighting each other seems a bit weak/rushed, it would make the story better if the flame hazes had more of a stronger purpose for fighting the Denizens. Meh, we'll see how it turns out.

from what i know about the light novels, it looks like the anime will have the same ending (a good one)

Most people fight for no purpose, they fight for the sake of fighting and their pride.
Jan 14, 2012 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
So far I don't see much reason to side with the Flame Hazes.. I guess they want us to cheer the denizens on?
Jan 15, 2012 1:36 AM

Dec 2011
Great episode, favorite so far, glad Yuji is doing something so awesome, and Sophie needs to die!
Jan 15, 2012 4:17 AM

Nov 2010
The one thing I don´t get is: Now the tomogara eat humans to stay alive. So why should this change when they are in a different world? Even if the world the live in changes, they are still the same, unable to stay alive on their own...

And how does the god of creation intend to create a whole new world. Shouldn´t be possible to create something from nothingness...
Jan 15, 2012 5:43 AM

Aug 2008
I liked the episode.
But I didn't liked the OPENING.
I really loved the previous one so I don't get why the new one is soooo sooo bad?
It is only 'nice' but not 'AMAZING!!!' like Light My Fire was...
I feel sad.
Jan 15, 2012 7:57 AM

Dec 2008
Shouji said:
The one thing I don´t get is: Now the tomogara eat humans to stay alive. So why should this change when they are in a different world? Even if the world the live in changes, they are still the same, unable to stay alive on their own...

And how does the god of creation intend to create a whole new world. Shouldn´t be possible to create something from nothingness...

Yuji mentioned that the new world Xanadu will have limitless amounts of power of existence, so they'd be able to survive off that. They have been eating humans for their power of existence in the first place. And I guess how he goes about creating that world... we'll have to wait to find out.

xMonStar said:
I liked the episode.
But I didn't liked the OPENING.
I really loved the previous one so I don't get why the new one is soooo sooo bad?
It is only 'nice' but not 'AMAZING!!!' like Light My Fire was...
I feel sad.

Wow I loved the visuals for the new OP, and the song was alright. Music is very subjective.
A lot of people hated the 2nd OP of Nichijou as well... guess you can't please everyone.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Jan 15, 2012 8:25 AM

Oct 2011
Horo said:
This Anime is getting worse...boring fights, boring story and too much dialogue.
First season was pretty good, second season was not too bad either but THIS is just sad.
No SnS fan anymore...not me. :X
Maybe the ending can satisfy me, i'll keep watching it.

The unresolved love triangle is best? School life story that leads to nowhere?
This anime for me is getting better and better, but then again that's for me and there's tastes for every kind of anime. And what attached me to this story in the first place wasn't the school life, it was seeing how a Flame Haze can feel and how she grows has a person and how a small Torch can do something big!
Misdreavius said:
Shouji said:

Yuji mentioned that the new world Xanadu will have limitless amounts of power of existence, so they'd be able to survive off that. They have been eating humans for their power of existence in the first place. And I guess how he goes about creating that world... we'll have to wait to find out.

It's because of the Reiji Maigo, I think.

As for the new OP, I actually loved it. It's not as "wow" and Light my Fire, but I hated the "Shaaaaaaaaraaa" and "Wooooohhhh" thingies in the Chorus... I think it fits very nicely as a final opening, with so much sweet images of Yuji and Shana.

As for the episode, surely not was perfect as the previous one, but very nice to watch. The Flame Hazes were never united: the Denizens are fighting for one goal and are very very organized. Yuji's victorious just by that. The Flame Haze army running in panic everywhere was hilarious to watch!
SenshigeiaJan 15, 2012 8:40 AM
Jan 15, 2012 9:37 AM

Jul 2011
New opening was good.

The episode on the other hand... screw it.
Jan 15, 2012 9:48 AM

Aug 2008
Misdreavius said:

Wow I loved the visuals for the new OP, and the song was alright. Music is very subjective.
A lot of people hated the 2nd OP of Nichijou as well... guess you can't please everyone.

Probably it's because I was in love with first OP. It's not that I don't like the music from the new OP, it is really great. It didn't made me say WOW like Light My Fire.
I listen Light my fire every day since it was realased and I still love it. It has some BOOM in music, words, KOTOKO-san's voice... it's just one of the best openings I've ever heard.
That's why I'm sad. Because the new one is not as good as the previous was.
I would be amazed by the NEW one but the problem is that I loved the OLD one. I'd prefer watch the old one to the end of the season.
It is the same like it was with the first season and the second season of Shana. I was in love with Blaze by KOTOKO and JOINT by Kawada Mami.
And same with Prophecy by Kawada Mami wich was an op for Shakugan no Shana S.

And once more:
I LIKE the new op but not as much as Light My Fire.
Guess I'm just disappointed...
It will just have to run its course.

And sorry for my English... :(
Jan 15, 2012 11:05 AM

Jan 2011
Rather disappointed with the OP and episode, expected more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 15, 2012 12:28 PM

Jan 2009
Best episode yet imo.

OP was fantastic. Distinctively Mami Kawada, reminded me alot of her other Shana songs.

This ep changed my opinion of SIII completely. Gave a direction and purpose for the rest of the anime apart from just Yuji x Shana, and cleared up alot. Loved it.

Thought the first half was pretty messy, but it looks to be getting back on track now. Can't wait for more.
Jan 15, 2012 12:44 PM

Mar 2011
Epic episode was epic.
Jan 15, 2012 12:51 PM

Nov 2008
Nice episode, Yuuji ownead the flame haze just with words.
I liked the first OP more then this one, but it's still good.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.