Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

For 387 people and counting: why do you have Inori as a favorite character?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 23, 2012 5:14 PM

Sep 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Trance_Kuja90 said:
DraconisMarch said:
She sounds like she's being penetrated sexually whenever a void is drawn from her.

Fapservice4u.

But seriously though, people are stupid.

>have angel beats as your favourite anime
>call other people stupid

this guy is pure gold

and yes i have her in my favourites to make all of you mad
seems im succesfull

Angel Beats was ENJOYABLE. Maybe you didn't like it, but the majority portion was very much enjoyable and it earned it's popularity because of that.
isnt that really hypocritical? someone could easily say the same thing for GC or any anime for that matter

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 23, 2012 5:19 PM

Apr 2009
GodlyKyon said:
Nidhoeggr said:
So, in today's episode they finally decided to give Inori something of a character. The question is, why no foreshadowing or build-up?! The way it played out it could've been one of the best plot lines in the series...

The problem with her character is exactly that, she spend well over 70% of the series having no character, and then suddenly they present us her character? I didn't take it too well...

Too little build up, did she die actually?

I agree.
And no, the writers are ripping off Code Geass again by giving her a kallen-like prison scene.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 23, 2012 5:26 PM

Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
GodlyKyon said:
Nidhoeggr said:
So, in today's episode they finally decided to give Inori something of a character. The question is, why no foreshadowing or build-up?! The way it played out it could've been one of the best plot lines in the series...

The problem with her character is exactly that, she spend well over 70% of the series having no character, and then suddenly they present us her character? I didn't take it too well...

I agree.
And no, the writers are ripping off Code Geass again by giving her a kallen-like prison scene.

That makes sense, she's captured. So will they try to tie up the loose ends and have Arugo, Ayase and Tsugumi to pick Shu up?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 23, 2012 6:31 PM

Mar 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Nidhoeggr said:

I just compare it to an introverted person learning to interact with others. They take baby steps here and there, but once a serious and emotional situation comes up, the bonds they have start to grow and mature and they're willing to express themselves more freely.
Feb 23, 2012 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
GodlyKyon said:
Nidhoeggr said:

I agree.
cause code geass was totally the first anime to ever have the love interest get kidnapped by the villians. cause code geass was just THAT original

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 23, 2012 6:38 PM

Apr 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
cause code geass was totally the first anime to ever have the love interest get kidnapped by the villians. cause code geass was just THAT original

The Damocles satelites, Gai's declaration to the world, etc.
It's pretty obvious by now that they are rehashing scenes left and right. They copied the scenario down to the very core.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 24, 2012 1:41 AM

Jul 2009
In my opinion, i find Ayase more beautiful than Inori.. but we cannot deny the fact that Inori's outfit is really sexy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2012 2:26 AM

May 2010
Anzekay said:
It just occured to me, that if Inori had the more mature voice of the singer of the first OP as her VA, rather than the bland overly-shy voice, she'd probably be 500% more tolerable.
]

Strange, I think this is true...

I don't hate / like anyone in Guilty Crown. Hell, I don't have a feeling about Guilty Crown at all.
Mar 2, 2012 2:20 PM

Nov 2011
The worst character in this show. Period. Words cannot describe how much I hate this girl.
Mar 2, 2012 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

The Damocles satelites, Gai's declaration to the world, etc.
It's pretty obvious by now that they are rehashing scenes left and right. They copied the scenario down to the very core.
Not really. First of all Ayase shares more semblance to Kallen than Inori. I also see no similarity between Kallen getting kidnapped and Inori getting kidnapped. Taking Inori actually have a point because she's needed for that same crapfest ritual back in episode 12-13. Kallen was kidnapped primarily to trap Zero and cripple partially Zero's army without an experienced pilot.

And moreover, Lelouch does not like Kallen the way Shu likes Inori either. Besides the fact that both got captures, I don't see any of these "down to the very core" imitation you speak of.

Stop nitpicking for ripoffs, imo.
Mar 3, 2012 5:31 AM

Oct 2007
Can you explain what exactly was forced in Angel Beats' character development?
Comparing AB to GC is imo silly, in GC characters switch their personalities as they like (mainly Shoe and Inori), that wasn't the case in AB
Apr 7, 2012 12:05 PM

Jul 2010
we basically have 715 souls out of reach by the reality that inori is worse than your average female character

i'd rather watch hollywood movies like Toy Story and Cars and see its characters develop rather than a joke of what Inori is along w/ the whole GC cast
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 8, 2012 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
Personally, I think people who liked Inori solely because she looks very pretty.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 8, 2012 5:13 PM

Aug 2009
Well we all have our reasons.

Mind is that she's like a hotter Eureka fron Eureka Seven.

They are almost the same person with developing emotions from start to end. She reminds me so much of Eureka but its sad that she ends the way Eureka does in the manga and not the anime. Fuck the producers seriously. Screw their arses.
Apr 14, 2012 9:41 PM

Jul 2010
Lontaku said:
Well we all have our reasons.

Mind is that she's like a hotter Eureka fron Eureka Seven.

They are almost the same person with developing emotions from start to end. She reminds me so much of Eureka but its sad that she ends the way Eureka does in the manga and not the anime. Fuck the producers seriously. Screw their arses.

i honestly can't believe someone dare compare Inori to Eureka

Inori's character is programmed by the producers, nuff said
Eureka's is genuine and definitely has reason behind her actions, you can clearly see how she and Renton's grows upon the progress of the story
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 27, 2012 2:58 AM
Dec 2010
I liked her character, not as my favorite character but She was let's say true to her feeling for Shu no matter what. Any other of your typical char would say that it's not him anymore at the point he went half crazy from being "King of the School" ( tyrant) and betrayed him but she stayed, supported and protected him till very end. What's bad about such a girl?
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 5, 2012 2:20 AM

Apr 2012
greenmarty said:
I liked her character, not as my favorite character but She was let's say true to her feeling for Shu no matter what. Any other of your typical char would say that it's not him anymore at the point he went half crazy from being "King of the School" ( tyrant) and betrayed him but she stayed, supported and protected him till very end. What's bad about such a girl?

Yeah, this pretty much showed that she barely had any idea what feelings were. Shu was a kid himself, Inori liked him only because she had a curiosity in him if you think it properly... He was in love with him from like the beginning, so she got to understand what love is.

Well, I see it as a sign of gratitude from her towards him (if you've seen how innocent she is because of having no idea what feelings are). Gai never made mistakes, never truly opened up, he was always that guy that wanted to get to his goal, even before he got revived. So she didn't see much in Gai. Shu was still "learning" so they "learned" together.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 5, 2012 9:20 AM

Dec 2010
*SPOILERS!*
I think many of these complaints were posted before the series ended. We learn that she is a clone of Mana, right? She is basically born into her situation and was meant to be a shell, a sacrifice. Why would scientists spend time bothering to develop some sort of personality when she was simply disposable? The reason she loved Shu was because he was human and because he probably made her feel human too. (I actually found the scene where she explains why she loves him pretty touching.)

Is she my favorite character? No. Did I think her skimpy outfit that offers no protection and was way too ostentatious to be useful was necessary? No. But I did love her songs and I did feel for her a bit-- she was a doll without emotions and she only learned about them when Shu came along, who was the first person she met who wasn't ashamed of showing his emotions. (Gai was reluctant, event Tsugumi the hacker didn't want to admit loneliness, etc.)

Immahnoob said:

Yeah, this pretty much showed that she barely had any idea what feelings were. Shu was a kid himself, Inori liked him only because she had a curiosity in him if you think it properly... He was in love with him from like the beginning, so she got to understand what love is.

Well, I see it as a sign of gratitude from her towards him (if you've seen how innocent she is because of having no idea what feelings are). Gai never made mistakes, never truly opened up, he was always that guy that wanted to get to his goal, even before he got revived. So she didn't see much in Gai. Shu was still "learning" so they "learned" together.

^ I agree with these statements.
Jun 17, 2012 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
Immahnoob said:
Inori liked him only because she had a curiosity in him if you think it properly...was in love with him from like the beginning, so she got to understand what love is.

Ladies and gentlemen, Inori's development.
ronriJun 17, 2012 9:52 AM
Jun 17, 2012 10:02 AM

Sep 2010
lol almost 1,000 favorites. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 17, 2012 10:03 AM

Apr 2012
ronri said:
Immahnoob said:
Inori liked him only because she had a curiosity in him if you think it properly...was in love with him from like the beginning, so she got to understand what love is.

Ladies and gentlemen, Inori's development.

It sure is for a doll created by the government with no knowledge or understanding of feelings.

Autocrat said:
Jun 17, 2012 10:34 AM

Sep 2011
Immahnoob said:

It sure is for a doll created by the government with no knowledge or understanding of feelings.

See I wouldn't have minded this if they had done more with her character especially considering how she was meant to be the main heroine, yet most of her development was pretty much already part of her character's premise. Heck even Mana got more development yet she was treated more or less as an 'entity' as well as being part of Shu and Gai's backstory.

Still I have no issues with people liking her, rather I felt like the writers missed a great opportunity given the initial premise of her character.

SpiritedSarah said:
Why would scientists spend time bothering to develop some sort of personality when she was simply disposable?

Unfortunately, the writers probably thought of the same thing as well.
ronriJun 17, 2012 10:43 AM
Jun 17, 2012 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
ronri said:
Immahnoob said:

See I wouldn't have minded this if they had done more with her character especially considering how she was meant to be the main heroine, yet most of her development was pretty much already part of her character's premise. Heck even Mana got more development yet she was treated more or less as an 'entity' as well as being part of Shu and Gai's backstory.

Still I have no issues with people liking her, rather I felt like the writers missed a great opportunity given the initial premise of her character.

SpiritedSarah said:
Why would scientists spend time bothering to develop some sort of personality when she was simply disposable?

Unfortunately, the writers probably thought of the same thing as well.

I don't know, I didn't see it as a bad thing. Actually, I think it was enough what she has shown during the anime. She was somewhat a "dan" (no "dere", because she wasn't in love with him from the beginning) slowly changing and showing a bit more feelings because she got to know what those are. At first she was blindly following Gai only because he helped her, then she changed views and followed Shu because she loved him, which was more like a curiosity from her. Most of the anime she couldn't think for herself tho, but that's why the "Doll made by the government" works so well here, it's an excuse that works perfectly, I did not mind that because it can work this way, and still be a good character.

Character development is part of Personal development which has five points to it. Beliefs, principles, character, habits and behaviour. She changed her beliefs, her principles, her character and her habits with a bit of lack of change in behaviour and habits.

Autocrat said:
Jun 17, 2012 11:13 AM

Sep 2011
@Immahnoob

I will admit that I still disagree on the account that they had used her to anchor down Mana's backstory which almost pushed her away from the spotlight when she herself could've gotten some more development beyond simply just being a "doll". Considering how GC is a 2-cour series, that's probably what's most disappointing about Inori's case (and why I ended up preferring Mana overall).

Still fair enough. I can see what you mean by that, rather I just saw it more as a missed opportunity on the writers' part.
ronriJun 17, 2012 11:20 AM
Jun 17, 2012 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
ronri said:
@Immahnoob

Still fair enough. I can see what you mean by that, rather I just saw it more as a missed opportunity on the writers' part.

I don't disagree on this. They could have gave her more character development. But it's that most people see it as a completely failed character development, which annoys me, because it's there and works.

That's what I meant.

Autocrat said:
Aug 30, 2012 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
she's one of the few strong female leads(better than shu, waaaaaaay better). I actually thought she's the best one i've seen so far.

also she's the reason I watched this anime. To see the story ends like that is just heartbreaking. T_T
"Love and peace, love and peace, love and peeeeeeaaaaaace! " - Vash the Stampede
Sep 3, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
i don't need any reason , i like her because i like her, you got a problem with that
Sep 4, 2014 12:00 AM

Nov 2012
the fact that she isn't yet another tsun-tsun heroine who needs all episodes of the anime to realize that she loves someone also helps a lot. Or tomboyish childhood friends who just aren't capable to understand where friendship ends and love starts. Have seen enough of that. Characters like Inori or Mashiro Shiina from Sakurasou no pet na kanojo are welcome changes to that. Would like more characters like them.

I sing for my people, I sing for my friends
I sing for justice, so that the world finally ends
I sing for my father who rests high above
and also for my mother who I deeply love
But as I sing I wonder, what is it for?
when there is no one who sings for me anymore...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.