Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2008 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nothing about Nunally, so she's dead then. Lulu in despair...
Now the whole secret about Zero/Lelouch and Geass is revealed.
Damn Schneizel, they cause a lot of trouble to the Black Knights.
Why can't Lelouch just admit the truth.. about Euphemia and so on -.-
Rolo is sacrifying himself for Lelouch O.o
This is a strange turn of events now.. way from what I expected. Lelouch lost everything as predicted?
Aug 17, 2008 1:22 AM

Apr 2007
noooooooooo rolo ;_______;
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 17, 2008 1:22 AM

Feb 2008
Ah great episode. Lulu resumed his battle for the revenge against Charles.
Rollo devoted himself to Lulu to the end.
Shneizel disclosed eeeeverything, and Zero lost everything.
Suzaku went mad!? He looked like psycho...

So Lulu will fight alone with Charles, Britania and Black Knights cease fire for some while (or Area 11 may be freed.). I'm curious what Kallen will do. Lulu's last words to her kept her mind on his side.
dtshykAug 17, 2008 1:27 AM
Aug 17, 2008 1:23 AM

Jul 2007
So ep19:

So:
Aug 17, 2008 1:26 AM

Apr 2007
dtshyk said:

do want moar of dat
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 17, 2008 1:39 AM

Feb 2008
nihil said:
dtshyk said:

do want moar of dat

Code Geass R3 Hangyaku no Suzaku ?
Aug 17, 2008 1:53 AM
Jun 2008
wow...once again i had to read the spoiler & that list of spoilers that came out were true...
Aug 17, 2008 2:08 AM

Jul 2007
Its pretty obvious now that Lelouch will finally understand the meaning of life and begin his fight anew, after Kallen finds him next episode (no doubt about it).

Suzaku, on other hand, will go down the path of devil, if his laugh at the end is any indication. Its about time for him to snap, and completely drop his blatant "white knight" mask.

Overall - this episode strengthens KallenXLulu. Lelouch took up all the blame, so Kallen could live and Kallen was ready to die for him. At the end, she understood why he tried to lie about "being the one who killed Shirley", etc. If anything - this is indication that Kallen will search for Lelouch next episode.
Aug 17, 2008 4:43 AM

Aug 2008
Roloooooooo Noooooo!!!!
Though I like him only a bit. But I sad when he died.
He's a good brother in my thought.

Lelouch alone make me sadddd. Why the black kinght betray him easily?
And what happenned with Suzaku in the end? His voice is make me...scared..
Aug 17, 2008 6:31 AM

Apr 2008
Spinzaku totally lost it...finally.Orange-kun should cancel his geass so that we can kill him.

My english sucks....i know....
Aug 17, 2008 7:15 AM

Oct 2007
I think they are moving this a bit too fast...you just KNOW something is going to happen. Lelouch has come to his realization while Suzaku goes insame...I likey.

Now this section is going to be dedicated to Rolo:
Rolo!!~ Why did you have to die!!! T_T

I'm done.
Aug 17, 2008 8:15 AM

Oct 2007
now the question is to where Orange will go, will he continue looking for Nunally that we know is dead, or will he continue his route with the black knights?

If nunally is truely dead, why didn't they remove her from the OP sequence?(Hope, lol)
Aug 17, 2008 8:23 AM

Feb 2008
cr4sian_phil said:
now the question is to where Orange will go, will he continue looking for Nunally that we know is dead, or will he continue his route with the black knights?

Oh yeah. I forgot about him. Orange's loyalty has nothing to do with Japan, so he will also stay on Lulu's side.
Aug 17, 2008 8:23 AM

Mar 2008
My prediction for Lelouch's final alliance:

Gino
Anya
Kallen
Nina

ok...I went by the sequence in the opening, but I think it is possible.
Aug 17, 2008 8:40 AM

Feb 2008
Thanatos said:
My prediction for Lelouch's final alliance:

Gino
Anya
Kallen
Nina

ok...I went by the sequence in the opening, but I think it is possible.

Remove Nina and add Orange-kun and it will be perfect.

Aug 17, 2008 9:31 AM

Jun 2008
Are you all watching RAW?
Aug 17, 2008 9:36 AM
Nov 2007
Darkii said:
Are you all watching RAW?

unfortunately yes
Aug 17, 2008 9:56 AM

Mar 2008
Eh, what? Of course we're not watching raw, lol. This episode was truly epic, I wonder who's going to stay at Lelouch's side.
Aug 17, 2008 10:04 AM

Apr 2007
They probably watched the RAW when it came out instead of waiting for the subs that came out a little while ago.

Truly amazing episode! I love how they pack so much into a single episode!

Aug 17, 2008 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
the expected betrayal, without giving him a chance for explanation not that he would of given one. what happens to C.C I wonder. so yeah he's left with nothing unless jeremiah finds him and kallen knows the truth. looks like something happens to gino next ep and the emperor? how could he be dethroned? looks like his ragnarok system is going to be activated to destroy the world? Lelouch had suzaku's deathwish for a minute there. sad that Rolo gets the heroic death after what he did to poor shirley.

Aug 17, 2008 11:14 AM

Feb 2008
Crazy episode is crazy!
I think Lelouch did a very stupid thing in discarding Kallen, though I believe she's going to save him, once he's on a new pinch.
Also, I wonder what Suzaku will do now, since that maniacal laugh was definitely something I was not expecting from him.
Aug 17, 2008 11:17 AM
Aug 2007
damn... I thought Rollo was an annoying brat like Shirley but man the creators rlly know how 2 make an annoying character look good. lulu.. wonder wat happens and how he will take down his father
Aug 17, 2008 11:29 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Go psycho Suzaku!! Reveal your true self and we may even start to like you!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 17, 2008 11:33 AM

Aug 2007
another great episode. very impressed with rolo here - i did not expect that at all. it actually touched me, i couldn't believe it. and yet again, we have more questions to be answered.

everything's revealed.. lelouch stands alone.. everyone's against him.. so how the hell is he gonna handle this one...?

(you think there'll be a code geass 3? please no.. i love the show but my head's all torn up by all these plot twists! let this end in this season... save japan already! please!)
Aug 17, 2008 11:36 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Some revealing episode titles published in TV Guide magazines for the next few week.

wakka9caAug 17, 2008 12:41 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 17, 2008 11:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
This is so very messed up.

I'm glad Lelouch said that Karen was also a pawn to him. If he hadn't done that, maybe they would've shot at her too.

With nothing left, I wonder what he's going to do now.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 17, 2008 11:53 AM

Aug 2007
Lelouch is constantly getting owned in this series!
Everything of his fails. I really want a turn around where he just kills them all.
Aug 17, 2008 11:55 AM

Aug 2007
This is shaping up to be an awesome end to the series.
Aug 17, 2008 12:01 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
So I guess since we didn't hear anything about Nunally, she's really dead?

And Suzaku's laugh was just creepy...
Aug 17, 2008 12:04 PM

Feb 2008
[17:41:37] De-Jay: Die ersten beiden CG Subs sind raus
[17:41:40] cyruz: gg und nightspeed sind schon da
[17:41:43] cyruz: ...
[17:41:45] De-Jay: ...

Yay, Finally the eclipse release.

Great episode as well.

Nooo Rolo died. And I was just going to like him. D:

"The ancient world can be destroyed and there can be a genesis to a new world."
Is this Neon Genesis Evangelion or what? I bet Charles is related to Lorenz Kiel.
Aug 17, 2008 12:10 PM

Apr 2007
Had to stop by and say:

BAWWWWWWWWW ROLLO T__T

Otherwise, Lulu's screwed, can't wait till next episode, etc.

Both Lelouch's and Suzaku's maniacal laughs creeped me out. Nothing good is going to come out from there.
Aug 17, 2008 12:11 PM

Aug 2007
wakka9ca said:
Some revealing episode titles published in TV Guide magazines for the next few week.

damn. why did i read this...? T_T
the spoiler button was just.. so.. clickable
Aug 17, 2008 12:14 PM
Dec 2007
wakka9ca said:

I shouldn't have clicked...
But I do hope this is true!
Aug 17, 2008 12:20 PM
Mar 2008
wakka9ca, leaving apart that that titles were published a long time ago, you shouldn't even mention them. Everyone is happy without knowing that. :P
Aug 17, 2008 12:21 PM

Jul 2008
after this episode i start to think that lelouche dont get the death note end.
i think he would at least archieve his goals before he is going to die(?).

Aug 17, 2008 12:33 PM

Oct 2007
They did a good job of redeeming Rolo in the end. I still don't forgive him for killing Shirley, but he is admittedly insane and maniacally devoted to his brother, and they did a good job of staying true to his character until the end.

Is Nina stupid or just retarded? She didn't realize her superpowered nuke would kill people? Ugh.

Is it me or did the Black Knights turn on Zero ridiculously quickly? Did they not stop to think that Schneizel might be playing them? And while I like that Ogi asked for Japan, to get something out of selling out Zero, why in the world would they believe that Schneizel would stick to his word, when Brittania's screwed them over for so long. That whole scenario was a little unbelievable.

Anyway, I'm glad that Kallen realized what was happening in the last second. I hope she and CC will go hunting for LeLouch. And I want to see psycho Suzaku.
Aug 17, 2008 12:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Wishy said:
wakka9ca, leaving apart that that titles were published a long time ago, you shouldn't even mention them. Everyone is happy without knowing that. :P

ooops, sorry...
I just wanted to cheer up people who seemed depressed about Lelouch's downfall....

I just added more layers of spoiler in case someone clicks it by accident....

moushiwake gozaimasen deshita.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Aug 17, 2008 12:44 PM

Jul 2008
Is it me or did the Black Knights turn on Zero ridiculously quickly? Did they not stop to think that Schneizel might be playing them? And while I like that Ogi asked for Japan, to get something out of selling out Zero, why in the world would they believe that Schneizel would stick to his word, when Brittania's screwed them over for so long. That whole scenario was a little unbelievable.

They always hated Zero and, as always, they shall come to this conclusion: "We can't fight without him T_T. You know, I really hope that in the moment of their begging L.L. says: BEEP you!"

BTW, it is creepy how people here started to like Rollo. Just yesterday he was one of the most hated characters,
Aug 17, 2008 12:45 PM

Apr 2008
Spoilers are just...so...clickable!

Long Live Lelouch!

Aug 17, 2008 12:48 PM
Mar 2008
Anyway, what I find stupid is:

Zero could show that he hasn't used Geass on some people.
Jeremias can remove Geass from people, another point for Lelouch.
Lelouch never wanted to use Euphy to kill people, it was a mistake he committed because of his uncontrollable Geass.
On some episodes before, he told Charles to "die", it would be more intelligent to tell him "obey whatever I say forever". Just to be safe...
Aug 17, 2008 12:53 PM

Jul 2008

When? While tehy are filling him with bullets?
And do you think that tehy have all info about geass? Whatever he told them, he coudn't use it.

And they would believe that Britannian because...

Lelouch never wanted to use Euphy to kill people, it was a mistake he committed because of his uncontrollable Geass.

Not this statement again...
Try to tell that to them. No matter how you tell it, nobody would believe it unless they have seen it with their own eyes and even then their doubts would be over 50%.

On some episodes before, he told Charles to "die", it would be more intelligent to tell him "obey whatever I say forever". Just to be safe...

1. It woudn't work.
2. He would pretend that he serves him andd later simply betray him.
Aug 17, 2008 12:53 PM

Dec 2007
Wishy said:

On some episodes before, he told Charles to "die", it would be more intelligent to tell him "obey whatever I say forever".
I don't think this would of worked...since he became like C.C and V.V, making all geass not work on him. The bit where he shot himself must of been an act.
Aug 17, 2008 12:56 PM
Mar 2008
Nayrael said:

And do you think that tehy have all info about geass? Whatever he told them, he coudn't use it.

Try to tell that to them. No matter how you tell it, nobody would believe it unless they have seen it with their own eyes and even then their doubts would be over 50%.

1. It woudn't work.

Throwing away the last point, that it's right, try thinking this: They believed Schneizel, why aren't they going to believe Zero now? Anyway I don't care, this are only theories :P.
Aug 17, 2008 1:02 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode, that's true Code Geass !

I see an alliance between the best ennemies Suzaku and Lellouche now to clear everything once and for all (Schneizel, the Black Knights, Charles etc...) :)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 17, 2008 1:02 PM

Feb 2008
Well ... CC warned Lelouch early on that Geass would ultimately cause him to end up alone. So it was just a matter of time before his Zero facade came to an end and everyone turned on him.

Boy it was kind of sad to watch Lelouch tell Kallen she was just a pawn all along to get her to get out of the way. I'm glad she heard him mutter "live on" and knew he didn't mean it. And Rolo !!! They did a nice job generating sympathy for a pretty much universally despised character. That was a surprisingly touching scene. I have to admit that I didn't expect that kind of end for Rolo. And Lelouch showing him sympathy and saying he was just lying about hating him was unexpected too.

Only thing I didn't care for was the maniacal psychotic laugh from Suzaku. Not a fan of it on Lelouch and definitely not a fan of it on Suzaku either.
Aug 17, 2008 1:13 PM

Aug 2007
Wishy said:
Nayrael said:

1. It woudn't work.

Throwing away the last point, that it's right, try thinking this: They believed Schneizel, why aren't they going to believe Zero now? Anyway I don't care, this are only theories :P.

I agree with your theories, even if there's just little chance of being believed, I think it's still worth the effort, considering what's at stake. But I think Lelouch is too guilty to do/explain these things and he's pretty much accepted that it's all his fault.
Aug 17, 2008 1:14 PM

Dec 2007
It feels like Code Geass is back on track again. For so long this season I've been wondering where the heck everything was headed.

And after all the bad things Lelouch has done this season, it looks like they'll be redeeming him. Though I'm kind of wondering, "What the heck?" about that crazy laugh from Suzaku. Now that Lelouch seems pretty normal with his new reason for living, someone else needs to step into the crazy shoes (Rolo's gone too after all, and Nina finally realized, "Oh people die when you blow them up").

And now that the Black Knights aren't following Zero anymore we don't have to give all of them screentime (except Kallen probably). So, hurray for getting back to the important characters as well!
Aug 17, 2008 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
Wishy said:
Nayrael said:

Try to tell that to them. No matter how you tell it, nobody would believe it unless they have seen it with their own eyes and even then their doubts would be over 50%

I know I've been frustrated in past episodes wanting Lelouch to tell the whole story behind what happened to Euphie to Suzaku - hoping like hell that they might come to some kind of understanding instead of feeling complete betrayal. But the reason I think Lelouch doesn't do it is because he knows that whether it was intentional or not - it was his Geass that caused Euphie to kill the Japanese and nothing else could have made her do that. So he feels he is responsible for it whether he intended it or not. And I also think that Lelouch believes if he tells others the whole story that they will see it just as an "excuse" and that he is responsible regardless of his intention. And also if they see Lelouch as making excuses they will think he is just trying to deny his responsibility for it. That's my theory anyway.
TrojunAug 17, 2008 1:25 PM
Aug 17, 2008 1:25 PM

Jul 2008
They believed Schneizel, why aren't they going to believe Zero now?

Geass + Slaughter of Japanesse + Britannian Prince + Schneizel's Charisma = Poor Zero.
But as I said, they will become loyal again. They let their anger take the better from them.

And now that the Black Knights aren't following Zero anymore we don't have to give all of them screentime (except Kallen probably). So, hurray for getting back to the important characters as well!

If anything, they will get even more screentime now that their loyalty is put on test, including their future.
Aug 17, 2008 1:41 PM

Dec 2007
yay for a return to classic Geass...
though, it'll have to keep this up for the remaining episodes in order for the show to return to a 9 rating.

It's interesting to note, that initially Lelouch viewed everyone as expendable, but eventually grew in compassion for his comrades... however, his initial views screwed him over.

On the other hand... Suzaku is going the opposite direction, starting compassionate, and becoming more Machiavellian.

So Rolo, who most people (including me) hate, gets an honorable death worthy of the hero that isn't him.

6 episodes remain... what will happen?
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

430 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 10:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.