Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jan 10, 2022 5:29 PM

Dec 2007
this episode did everything good, except from being explanation episode it's supposed to be lol.
and yeah gai, i prefer young shu too.
dunno how this series can be good from now without gai now though. but i'm this far in this, and it still not that bad. (though it is, but i have seen boring ones, this one at least somehow interesting)
Mar 6, 2022 9:17 AM
Nov 2020
AYOO WHAT? not my guy gai...
Mar 24, 2022 11:57 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So Shu lost his memories not because he got mind-wiped, but because, he just felt like it, so somehow he deleted his own memories in an attempt to forget his tragic past? Ok I guess that works...

So Gai did not die in the last episode, but he does die in this one, and that's fine. This was certainly a better way to go than before.

And so we have ended this climax-level event, but we're only at episode 12. Is there more to THIS story, or does it start something new altogether in the next episode? Curious to find out indeed.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 16, 2022 1:57 PM

Feb 2012
The mid-series climax. My hunch was right, Inori is a clone of Shu's sister (who's name is revealed to be Mana Ouama) and Gai was in love with her. The infant Gai (then called "Triton") was the person who was partially seen in Haruka's photo of herself, Shu and Mana.

As was demonstrated when Jun's infection took over Daryls' Endlave, allowing him to take control of it to try and crush Yahiro, Mana's mind can spread through the giant void (a giant crystal). So Keido was planning on using this mind-jumping ability that patients possess to give Mana a new body (Inori's), and then breed a new "superior" species of human with her...yuck.
The Endlaves themselves are controlled from a distance.... could the technology be linked?

All this is rooted in Mana's actions when she became patient zero for the Apocalypse virus, giving her an incestuous tendencies towards her younger brother Shu, she was intending to breed a new species of human too, only with Shu. Lost Christmas happened after she tricked Triton with a rigged gun, Shu rejected her advances (calling her a "monster", he would later recall this memory, calling Inori a monster). But she seemed to show remorse (maybe the virus was controlling her, if its sentient, it's intent new species of human), and in her last moments of consciousness, embraced by Gai, she appeared accepting of him, instead of Shu. Haruka is stated to not be Shu's real mother but his "new mother".

If Shu holds the hand of the person he's pulling a void out of, the person can remain conscious and, thus, use their own void. Gai's void is a gun that can do what Shu himself does; so he draws out Mana's void. If Shu is not within reach of the void he needs, Gai's gun can do it. Unfortunately, Gai dies for real this episode, and so does Mana.

When they were younger, Shu was the badass, not Gai. He'd be the one to jump a gap on a broken bridge and pull Gai up when he couldn't make it. The tables have turned and Shu visualises Gai's death as their hands parting. Shu holds Inori as they mourn the loss of Gai.
Fortress_MaximusApr 16, 2022 2:44 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:15 PM

Jul 2021
It was reasonable. It was very rushed and I think they should have split it into two episodes to introduce Mana better, but well. I think the only way they can go on now is a TTGL-like time jump, I don't really see any other way to go on.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 19, 2023 1:36 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
They could have ended the series right there.
May 9, 2023 9:02 AM

Jul 2016
"You can become me at any time, just like I became you."
That line wouldn't hit as hard as it does if Shu weren't, well, like he is. RIP Gai

And damn ik it was the crystals but Mana had a ton of screws loose.
May 27, 2023 9:31 PM

May 2023
Once again Shu had the perfect life and is just a crybaby past, present, and future. All of this bullshit virus because he wouldn't lay pipe with his sis who was literally attempting murder to ensure he pipes her. Bruh!
Jun 8, 2023 5:39 PM
Mar 2023
Me gusto mucho el pasado y la estética que le dieron a todo
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.