Forum Settings
Forums

Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito Due in Early Summer

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Jan 12, 2012 1:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
According to OCN news, the first episode Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito will be shown at ten theaters in early this summer. Sudo Tadashi, the president of Anime!Anime!, reported that there will be more than one episode of Akito anime. The story of Akito takes place in the same period as Lelouch's. There will be an interaction in the story between the two anime.

Trailer of Akito (Youtube)
Akito official website

Cast
Akito: Irino, Miyu
Layla: Sakamoto Maaya

Theme Song Singer: Sakamoto Maaya
Theme Song Composer: Kanno Yoko

The cast of a musical stage of Code Geass was also announced. The actors are all male even for the female characters.

Code Geass Musical official website

Cast
Lelouch: Takagi Shinpei
Rolo: Futa
Suzaku: Nakatsuka Kohei
C.C.: Akaba Mio
Karen: Wada Taisuke
Euphemia: Mikami Shun

Sources: OCN, Sudo Tadashi's tweet
Modified by dtshyk, Jan 12, 2012 7:09 AM
 
#2
Jan 12, 2012 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6119
Miyu and Maaya voicing the main characters? Hell Yeah!

Sucks we have to wait until Summer though, but its not really that far off.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
#3
Jan 12, 2012 1:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 7063
Lelouch
 
#4
Jan 12, 2012 1:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 222
Ii'm going to watch this being a big fan of Code Geass, even though it's obvious that they are just milking the franchise. I just do hope it will turn out good as not as to sully the EPICNESS of the earlier Code Geass.
 
#5
Jan 12, 2012 1:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6119
HawthorneKitty said:
Lelouch


"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
#6
Jan 12, 2012 1:35 AM
#1 Chihaya Fan

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5148
Yuru Yuri AND Code Geass in Summer? Looks like I'm off to freeze myself until then.
HawthorneKitty said:
Lelouch


No, just no.

Besides the fact that stupid theory has been shot down by the creator of the series, Boukoku no Akito takes place during the same timeframe as R1. So even if it was true (which it's not) it would hold no relevance in this series.
Roloko said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Lelouch




I lol'd.
 
#7
Jan 12, 2012 1:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6
HE is alive and i don't care what you guys r sayin! Creator of the series? He cant reach Lelouch foot.. so no way he can talk if he is alive or not... hahahahhahahahaha! ALL HAIL LELOUCH! <<< Yup i feel better now. Lawl.
 
#8
Jan 12, 2012 1:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2389
FUCK YES, SAKAMATO MAAYA <3
 
#9
Jan 12, 2012 1:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 110
OMG Just look at the seiyuu!




 
Jan 12, 2012 2:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 106
Summer huh. Will be waiting. Too bad the pv hasn't out yet.

Btw, the Knight Frame is kinda ....
 
Jan 12, 2012 2:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 63
endless_nine_09 said:
Ii'm going to watch this being a big fan of Code Geass, even though it's obvious that they are just milking the franchise. I just do hope it will turn out good as not as to sully the EPICNESS of the earlier Code Geass.


How is this obvious milking? Akito has been a long, long time coming. It's been more than THREE YEARS since R2 finished airing. If they would've pushed Akito out the door within the first year after R2 finished, then sure, it would probably have been safe to call it "milking" or "riding the wave" or whatever. But THREE YEARS is more than enough time to make a worthy sequel (sidestory, whatever) to Lelouch of the Rebellion.

Of course, it could still turn out like Last Exile 2, but let's hope not...
 
Jan 12, 2012 2:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 995
Can't wait, hope it will be better or at least maintain its quality
Modified by Firixizu_Mint, Jan 12, 2012 2:29 AM
 
Jan 12, 2012 2:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 222
Hurvilo said:
endless_nine_09 said:
Ii'm going to watch this being a big fan of Code Geass, even though it's obvious that they are just milking the franchise. I just do hope it will turn out good as not as to sully the EPICNESS of the earlier Code Geass.


How is this obvious milking? Akito has been a long, long time coming. It's been more than THREE YEARS since R2 finished airing. If they would've pushed Akito out the door within the first year after R2 finished, then sure, it would probably have been safe to call it "milking" or "riding the wave" or whatever. But THREE YEARS is more than enough time to make a worthy sequel (sidestory, whatever) to Lelouch of the Rebellion.

Of course, it could still turn out like Last Exile 2, but let's hope not...


Okay~ sorry about that then. But I do have high hopes for these series as it bears Code Geass franchise. I hope its worth enough. ^^
 
Jan 12, 2012 2:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2137
JIBUUUUUN WOOOOOO!

lol, I saw this news already on a magazine.
I just can't confirm because it's in japanese xD

EDIT: the mag
Modified by Cashdax, Jan 12, 2012 2:36 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."


 
Jan 12, 2012 3:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1769
Whoa, forgot this existed for awhile. Really dragging their feet, aren't they? And it'll probably just end up as fan filter like R2.

Roloko said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Lelouch




*facepalm*
 
Jan 12, 2012 3:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6119
Lauriet said:
Whoa, forgot this existed for awhile. Really dragging their feet, aren't they? And it'll probably just end up as fan filter like R2.

Roloko said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Lelouch




*facepalm*


"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
Jan 12, 2012 4:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3697
I want more Lelouch and C.C.. why change the main characters? </3
 
Jan 12, 2012 5:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1763
-MgZ_ said:
I want more Lelouch and C.C.. why change the main characters? </3


So do I, but I don't think it is possible :D
 
Jan 12, 2012 5:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 14596
If the story takes place in the same period as Lelouch's, maybe we will see him ? I hope so !
Can't wait till summer ~





 
Jan 12, 2012 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6119
Rolo will be in the musical? Will watch it just for him. The person playing him, Futa looks so damn cute. <3

dtshyk said:
The cast of a musical stage of Code Geass was also announced. The actors are all male even for the female characters.


lol sausage fest.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
Jan 12, 2012 5:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
Will watch even though the characters are new(bs).
 
Jan 12, 2012 5:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1763
I didn't like Rolo that much, and his death was only one that didn't make me cry. Hate me if you want, I just don't like him, although I understand his actions and I feel sorry for him.
Modified by akutasame94, Jan 12, 2012 5:32 AM
 
Jan 12, 2012 5:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 129
summer gonna be interesting for me.



shouldn't be needed in spoilers but i like them :P
code geass news:
 
Jan 12, 2012 5:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 65
will watch because of the title code geass.. i hope it will be as great as r1 and r2.

there are other series w/c continues because of high sales . *cough*.. reaching 10+ seasons..

i would prefer it if they continue the code geass r2 rather than making another story..
but..well.. its code geass so might as well wach.
 
Jan 12, 2012 6:25 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 479
Yuck at Irino Miyu, cheers for Maaya.
 
Jan 12, 2012 6:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
Trailer
 
Jan 12, 2012 6:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6119
dtshyk said:
Trailer


Trailer was awesome, but I didn't care too much for the BGM. Probably the only one. xD

My excitement just grew even more too bad I have to wait a few more months and the guy with green eyes with brown hair looked like Rolo I can sense him being my favorite character already I love psychotic insane male characters they are fun to watch.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
Jan 12, 2012 7:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
Roloko said:
Trailer was awesome, but I didn't care too much for the BGM. Probably the only one. xD
Nope. Definitely not. Made me want to stab my ears with rusty forks.

But the animation was damn awesome.

How many times do we get to see the same scene of the dude pulling out the half-katana deal? Hmmm...
 
Jan 12, 2012 7:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 710
OMG i cant wait for this
my body wasnt ready XD
 
Jan 12, 2012 7:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6119
DraconisMarch said:
Roloko said:
Trailer was awesome, but I didn't care too much for the BGM. Probably the only one. xD
Nope. Definitely not. Made me want to stab my ears with rusty forks.

But the animation was damn awesome.

How many times do we get to see the same scene of the dude pulling out the half-katana deal? Hmmm...


It so didn't match the trailer they could have chosen something more well serious and not someone pounding on the piano.

The only good part about the PV actually.

Probably cause they wanted to show how badass Akito was they had to show it a second time?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
Jan 12, 2012 7:29 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 710
based on the seiyuu
i think the main characters would be pretty badass
it seems like the female MC has a geass tho.
 
Jan 12, 2012 7:35 AM
News Team
Online
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 26464
OMG!!! Miyu-Miyu as Akito??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Jan 12, 2012 7:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
Roloko said:
Probably cause they wanted to show how badass Akito was they had to show it a second time?
More like... 5.
 
Jan 12, 2012 8:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 370
Excited!~
 
Jan 12, 2012 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3016
Looks like the girl has a geass..
 
Jan 12, 2012 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1771
More geass is always welcomed!
 
Jan 12, 2012 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1388
Yes. Now that's what I've been waiting for.
 
Jan 12, 2012 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 201
yep, this looks awesome. Won't ever be as epic as the original, but I can't freaking wait.
 
Jan 12, 2012 10:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
no lelouch makes me a lil sad

but will watch since it's code geass. and DAT ANIMATION
 
Jan 12, 2012 11:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3339
hopefully this one will be as good as the first 2 ones so i will be waiting
 
Jan 12, 2012 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 183
Lelouch: Takagi Shinpei?? Why not Jun Fukuyama?
 
Jan 12, 2012 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2583
trailer was awesome :D

love the saxophone O___O

also another role for Maaya Sakomoto??

damn she's been getting alot ^_____^

all in all can't wait for this :P

though kinda wish it was a series instead of OVA, but it's all good since it will also be available to Blu Ray(hopefully)
 
Jan 12, 2012 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 41
Can't wait for it!!
Boredom got me here. Boredom will get me out of here. Damn, I really am bored.
 
Jan 12, 2012 5:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 348
Summer time?! Way to get pushed from the beginning of this year to Summer. Better not be anymore setbacks. >:|
 
Jan 12, 2012 6:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 31139
mitch3315 said:
Yuru Yuri AND Code Geass in Summer? Looks like I'm off to freeze myself until then.
HawthorneKitty said:
Lelouch


No, just no.

Besides the fact that stupid theory has been shot down by the creator of the series, Boukoku no Akito takes place during the same timeframe as R1. So even if it was true (which it's not) it would hold no relevance in this series.
seriously guys, just accept the fact that the guy is
and like you said, that dumb theory was shot down by the creators themselves, how much more proof do you need, you need god to engrave it on your forehead backwards so every time you look in the mirror you cna be reminded of it


anyways i really hope this goes better than how the main series went, i loved the start and then it started to lose me and then R2 came around whcih i consider one of the worst sequels ive ever seen. but hey its in a new setting with new characters to its a fresh start

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Jan 12, 2012 6:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 31139
-MgZ_ said:
I want more Lelouch and C.C.. why change the main characters? </3

ok 1 CC is in this apparantly and 2
lelocuh is freaking dead, he'll make a cameo or something but the guy is stil going to die

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Jan 13, 2012 2:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 11
woW..! The main protagonist is a eleven...

its only a OVA... i hope its a good one.. :)
 
Jan 13, 2012 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 34
gonna be so bad
 
Jan 13, 2012 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1763
dtshyk said:





Cast
Lelouch: Takagi Shinpei
Rolo: Futa
Suzaku: Nakatsuka Kohei
C.C.: Akaba Mio
Karen: Wada Taisuke
Euphemia: Mikami Shun



Is this for real???
 
Jan 13, 2012 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1279
Nooo I can't watch the trailer!!! Hmm the two main characters look hot! XD

Well they did say they will be some interaction between this and the main code geass, hope lelouch will appear inside these OVAs..

Oh boy I think i'll go crazy over Code Geass again..
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »