Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 8, 2012 1:27 AM
Jan 2012
Lord all mighty, Cana fails :|. Like seriously...
Jan 8, 2012 2:57 AM

May 2010
WoW Cana is pathetic.. Gildarts on the other hand.. HE'S GOING WILD! I've seen it in the manga, but it's gonna be even more awesome animated. Can't wait.
Also, they are NOT ENDING THE ANIME. Trust me.
There will be a lot of fillers and than something very unexpected(Which i won't reveal to those who haven't read the manga), but it will not be the end of the anime.
Jan 8, 2012 3:10 AM

Feb 2010
NEW OP, Y U ALWAYS SHOW YOUR SPOILERS?

And wth was with Mavis' voice..
Jan 8, 2012 5:08 AM

Mar 2010
Seeker said:
Sebastian333 said:
who is the new boy at the opening? :o

He's not new, I'll tell you that much. If you don't recognize him, re-watch episode 2.

omg now i remember . XD

Seriously , "not main characters" are easily forgotten :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2012 9:27 AM

Apr 2010
owh god.... just when I thought this arc was gonna end soon, it just got even longer... endddd alreaddyyyyyy I want to know who's gonna be S class D:
Jan 8, 2012 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
i actually that Cana was cool when she got the Fairy Glitter., though when she used it, i guess it still wasn't compatible with her..
I knew it.. there is something about her and Gildarts, but at first, i thought she had feelings for him.. never thought he was her father..

OP song/video.. they really are always spoilers, but i love them, i mean they make you look forward to the next episodes more..:D
Laxus! Laxus was there! GAHHH! Happy! Aye! :DD
AND
atashi no GILDARTS!
finally he showed up. and that with the ending, GAHHH! epic! he's really pissed off. wooahhh~ excited with the upcoming episode..

i guess, there really are a lot of secrets thatt will be revealed in this arc..
i was also shocked that mavis was a girl? and yeah, that little boy, who was that? well, we'll find it soon anyway..
woooooh! next episodes, hayaku! :D
inn0centdem0nJan 8, 2012 9:32 AM
Jan 8, 2012 12:16 PM

Apr 2009
Cana's backstory started out bad, kind of made her seem retarded. But Gildarts is much more awesome than her so as it went on it started to work for me. It's silly for her to have a Lucy's in danger card considering she knocked her out and dumped Lucy's body. Why didn't it go off before? If she's going to drop everything to go save her... why not just bring Lucy along?

Especially in this episode things were telegraphed well in advance that Cana was getting Fairy Glitterl and Gildarts was going to show up to bail them out at the last second.

Yet it was all made up for by Cana charging into battle with epic music playing, ready to wield her new powers of the Deus Ex Machina branch of magic to save the day - only to have Bluenote smash her face into the ground.

I'm really looking forward to his battle with Gildarts, it should be amazing. So because of that I'm expecting the focus to be on other things next episode.
Jan 8, 2012 11:25 PM

Jul 2011
inn0centdem0n said:
OP song/video.. they really are always spoilers, but i love them, i mean they make you look forward to the next episodes more..:D
Laxus! Laxus was there! GAHHH! Happy! Aye! :DD

Well, that was totally expected (remember the scene when he "felt" something wasnt wrong i guess in that desert or whatever it was)

and it was expected from Gildarts to show up (as soon as they introduced Blue Note), he was still on the island and they didnt show him before because beating up all 7 nubs of something would be way too fast

I cant bother to look up and see who that little kid is so if there is someone who wants to tell me, please drop me a comment ;)
Jan 9, 2012 2:07 AM
Dec 2009
TheUnexpectedFan said:
I am inclined to believe that Gildarts somehow may know who Cana is. With how the episode ended I can see that as a reason for bad ass evil eye he gives Bluenote. Of course I am more tempted to go with the regular "You hurt my fellow Fairy Tail mage friends so now I will own you" motive. Who knows though? It IS in typical anime fashion to throw you for a loop.

As for the opening I say It does leave little to the imagination as far as future occurrences are concerned. But it there isn't much that someone couldn't predict or see coming. I was "shocked" when the OP gave away an event that I didn't see coming for a long while though.

I totally agree .. I really hope that Gildarts knows Cana's his daughter so he could beat the shit out of Bluenote :X :D If he gives the "nakama" thing,she'll angrily tell him,I bet :D
A small symbol it's enough for a life time dream.
Jan 9, 2012 3:37 AM

May 2010
One of best episodes of fairy tail imo.If cana's spell had succeeded then I guess it would have been better,I think that scene was made excessively cool but too bad she didn't succeeded,I hope that she will be able to do it next time.
Jan 9, 2012 3:42 AM

May 2010
Seeker said:
Sebastian333 said:
who is the new boy at the opening? :o

He's not new, I'll tell you that much. If you don't recognize him, re-watch episode 2.

Yeah,he seems familiar...but I am too lazy to watch episode 2 again.
Jan 9, 2012 7:43 AM

May 2011
A very good episode i'd say. The new OP and ED are just amazing, perfect to kick fairy tail up a notch at this new year of 2012. It would be better if the OP did not contain as many spoilers as such but meh, things' gonna end up better and better.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 9, 2012 8:47 AM

Mar 2009
Hhuuuh? Supporting character gets a grand spell? What's with this plot? Hope she will lose it soon, because she don't deserve it.
Some facts:
1. You're surfing myanimelist.net
2. You're reading comments
3. You're reading my signature
5. You didin't notice that there are no 4 punct
6. You just checked that
7. You're now smiling

Jan 9, 2012 9:08 AM

May 2008
New OP and ED are good prefer the ending thou... Opening full of spoiler *facepalm* like always!

The episode was great especially when Gildarts appears at the end..
Jan 9, 2012 9:13 AM

Oct 2008
Someone know what is the green thing we can see near 2.20 min ? An UFO ??

Noir42Jan 9, 2012 9:18 AM
Jan 9, 2012 3:37 PM
Aug 2010
There are no words to explain the stupidity of this episode :(

I actually believed that Cana had a DAMN good reason for wanting to become and S-class wizard, and it turns out she just has "Daddy Issues".

Holy fucking shit, this was so retarded I almost feel like dropping this anime.
Jan 9, 2012 7:48 PM

May 2010
Awesomeness again. Love FT! :D
Epic...just epic.

Loved the new OP, spoilers again. :P
I love how the OP has Natsu x Lucy moments. <3
gonna watch the ED now..

5/5
^__^
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jan 10, 2012 1:54 AM

Apr 2011
Great opening and ending with the opening having(again) a lot of spoilers!!!^^
For Cana's battle now if she used fairy glitter with more power it would be awesome, but if she won against Bluenote then we wouldn't have the awesome battle Gildarts VS Bluenote that is coming..
GO GILDARTS!!!!

P.S:Happy:Natsu, do you have anything else in your head beside eating, sleeping and fighting?
Natsu:Sure I do! Sneaking into Lucy's house, playing pranks on Lucy, Lucy..
Lol, Natsu XD
Jan 10, 2012 3:58 AM

May 2010
Gildarts is soooo badass when he's pissed xD
loved the OP and ED , Laxus is back HELL YEAH!
Epic episode :)
Natsu's Rage !!

Jan 10, 2012 6:29 AM

Aug 2009
New opening and ending. I'll comment on those next week.

Honestly i was ready to bash this episode right from the start, just because Cana was being a bitch at the grave and having a flashback. I didn't believe Gildarts would be Cana's father, since Cana had been so long at Fairy Tail they were bound to meet up and talk, but i guess after her mother died she was too insecure to tell Gildarts this for 7 years and then started to feel inadequate to be his daughter since he is the strongest wizard and everyone's favorite, so she starts to apply for an S-class test to prove that she can be his daughter. The next five years didn't seem to go too well only bringing her self esteem down further and further. And this is why she drinks so much.

Then she realizes what a bitch she was to Lucy and does a speech that made me so tear jerky that i haven't felt like it since the end of the Tower of Heaven arc (before the stupid ending), with epic lights and shit. Then Mavis says something(for a minute there i thought it was Cana's mother, now that would've been stupid) and gives her the epic spell and she's going to kick some ones ass.

The fight was epic and Bluenote's DENIED was awesome. And Gildarts appearing out of nowhere and pushing Bluenote back was cool.

This episode actually surprised me. That Fairy Tail actually did something right plot-, emotion and fight wise. Cana actually having a really good reason for being a bitch and actually acknowledging this and trying to make things right. The very high quality fight scene with that boner inducing music.

The only bad things about this episode was a few "crazy eyes crying"-moments from Cana and the bystanders exclaiming the friggin obvious. You don't have to say it the third time that the spell that is going on is one of the 3 grand spells of Fairy Tail. WE GET IT!

Now if we just get Erza's fight and Ultears past right i just might forgive Fairy Tail for Lisanna. Already upped my rating of Fairy Tail.

TLDR; Episode was awesome. Cana developing as a character was surprising for a Fairy Tail episode.
Jan 10, 2012 6:34 AM

Jul 2009
I always found it slightly odd that Cana suddenly got shoved to center of attention during this arc. It never really sat well with me that she comes to save the day.
Jan 10, 2012 10:42 AM
Dec 2011
man! guess cana has ways to go before she can truly master the fairy glitter spell. oh well, at least her failure/attempt looked pretty badass.

blue-note flat...
Jan 10, 2012 2:54 PM

Oct 2009
Lol @ Arc ED

Noir42 said:
Someone know what is the green thing we can see near 2.20 min ? An UFO ??

<!--link--><a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/sanstitremp.jpg/">

Yeay WTF

OneTail said:
The new ending makes me think they are going to end the anime. Hope that's not the case.

If they end it they ******
Jan 12, 2012 10:28 AM

Feb 2009
Gildarts to the rescue, FYEAH! \m/
Jan 12, 2012 7:24 PM

Oct 2008
Cana's past is pretty sad, I wonder why she couldn't just tell him. Its all like 12 years later "btw I'm your daughter".
Jan 13, 2012 4:46 PM

Oct 2010
Just epic!!!! Laxus back aye!
Jan 13, 2012 4:47 PM

Dec 2009
ahhhh Epic Gildarts

Jan 13, 2012 4:55 PM

May 2011
Man, screw Gildarts.

LAXUS DREYAR! He's literally the main reason I follow Fairy Tail. I can't wait for him to storm into the fray. I'm all fired up and ready to move him up into my top 5; I just need some epic background music, animation and voice acting.
Jan 14, 2012 1:31 AM

Apr 2009
I think Gildarts already knows...but I could be wrong. And he looks pissed when he showed up, the next episodes are going to be more awesome than the previous ones if the OP is to be trusted!!!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 15, 2012 9:42 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah i wouldn't wanna piss Giltratz off. Wow i feel sorry gor the poor guy that will become Cana's husband. Well ok not very sorry since she's a babe but the usual fatherly talk of "You better make my daughter happy or you will regret it" before giving his permission will be scary as hell lol.

So from the op Laxus is coming back to fight the guy that beat-up his grandpa and also we see Zeref and a girl walking in a dark and bright font. Is that girl Mavis? Will the first master of Fairy Tail resurrect to fight and stop Zeref?
Feb 18, 2012 12:59 AM

May 2011
DAMN! I didn't notice that Mavis was voiced by Noto-chan!
Anyway, Gildarts is totally EPIC WIN in this ep!
Apr 11, 2012 11:06 AM
Jan 2012
all in this ep is good but i dont like that cana has steeeeeel the fairy glitter 0/5 0/10
Apr 21, 2012 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
right as I'm really starting to like an OP they switch :(. 8 and 9 really grew on me. this one probably will as well. some spoiler type stuff thrown in there, looks good.

yes! Gildarts! finally. oh and he's pissed, fuck yeah. knew he was the only one who could take on Bluenote.

Cata was still pretty selfish not thinking of why Master wasn't there or what was happening to everyone else. Just about being S-Class. her failing was predictable lol. why did Natsu/Lucy get excited when she showed up? I mean even Lucy is stronger than Cana.

From the preview it looks like Lisanna/Levy get some back up afterall, finally Fried and Bixlow get to do something!
May 13, 2012 3:26 PM

Sep 2008
112 episodes later and my purpose of watching this anime is satisfied.
Of course Mamiko Noto would be the powerful founder of Fairy Tail.

Gildarts is going to die; he has to!
Cana doesn't deserve to be S-class.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2012 11:54 PM

Apr 2011
I think Gildartz knows who Cana is, but he himself was scare of "actually being a father".

I could be wrong, but this expression was mad crazy. Geez Cana, please use your senses.
Sep 30, 2012 3:18 AM

Jan 2012
out of fucking no where like a boss... textbook action shounen save + cliff hanger of peace

Mamiko Noto = Mavis = fap fap fap
Dec 6, 2012 11:29 PM

Mar 2012
Oh my GOD this episode had me in tears multiple times T.T
Feb 2, 2013 2:10 PM

Jan 2010
Gildarts! :D
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Jun 3, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2011
This episode changed my opinion on Cana. Daughter of Gildarts? Really? LOL
Jul 2, 2013 11:53 AM
Jun 2013
GILDARTS!!
Jul 5, 2013 12:48 AM

Apr 2013
Does anyone know the title of the background music where Cana started crying in front of Mavis' grave until she placed her arm in the center of the tomb and Mavis talked?

Please comment it on my profile if you guys know. I'm trying to find it and I'm failing on it... =(

Jul 18, 2013 4:41 PM

May 2012
Great new OP and ED with this even more amazingly episode about Cana and her past! Personally wouldn't have thought Gildarts was her father, and well now he finally makes an appearance so things surely will get hot! Lets see what the conclusion of this will be next!
Sep 25, 2013 10:00 AM

Apr 2008
Cana redeemed herself in this episode (at least to me) She was pretty selfish during the other episodes but she came through in this one...even though she failed :/

I wish the fight with Erza will show soon. I wanna see her kick ass
Oct 13, 2013 1:09 PM
Oct 2013
I got goosebumps by that opening. But only because of the scenes.. not the music. That song is lame. But the ending is super awesome!
Jan 30, 2014 9:59 PM

Aug 2009
Gildarts entry was fuckin epic!! I was so hyped I'm glad that I am marathoning this now lol

Feb 17, 2014 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
At least Cana got that she was wrong all this time...
Wow Gildarts is her father :D
I just can't get it,she took +20years to say to Gildarts that she is his daughter...
It was obvious she would fail,only Gildarts can defeat him :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 23, 2014 8:56 AM

Oct 2013
Didn't expect that Gidarts is Cana's father,the next episode should be very interesting Gidarts vs Bluenote.

Feb 27, 2014 12:58 PM

Dec 2013
That Opening!!! the song sucked compared to the last one, but those scenes!! Cool but hella spoilerish!!! They should have waited a few episodes to start this!! argh!!

That was a badass entrance by Gildarts!! I hope Cana will get another chance to show her ability.

I'm glad the character that started out as the comically heavy drinker turned out to have some serious issues behind the drinking. Its so sad that she thinks she has to "earn the right" to be called Gildarts daughter. Who you're parents are is a right you are born with especially since you didn't have a say in being born.
DaydreamHeroFeb 27, 2014 1:38 PM
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 17, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2011
Holy crap, the visuals in the OP, Natsu at the beginning of the song, Laxus, Mavis, and Zeref satisfied me, amazing scenes.

The flashback was pretty good, but I didn't like Cana's development, some transition in between felt off. Gildarts appears and blows away the Bluenote dude was so awesome, his pissed off face.. wow.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 27, 2014 9:24 PM

Apr 2012
And just like Lucy the show gives Cana a super powered spell. LAME! They need to stop giving "ultimate spells" to random female characters for no good reason.
Even with the super powered spell Cana fell flat on her face. Serves her right. Those who cannot control their emotions have no business on the battlefield, they'll only get in the way.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

breathesunshine - May 17, 2010

112 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 10, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 3, 2010

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 26, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

185 by phantom346 »»
Apr 23, 8:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.