Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 11, 2012 1:47 PM

Jan 2011
That Shrine Maiden Outfit sure reminds me of a character from a certain anime...
Jan 11, 2012 2:28 PM
Jan 2012
A good start. I hope the ending will not disappoint me.
Jan 11, 2012 5:30 PM

May 2011
Finally its here! Same old same old, misunderstandings -> get out of ma room -> romantic moment, etc. Love it, thats how Louis and Saito work. Shrine/ Index outfit looks good on Louise and Tifa as well in the OP.

So Tifa is a void mage and stuff, wow things advanced pretty fast. So Saito went into portal, and came back out with Tifa's call. Oh yes good conflict already starting, looks like Saito could actually be Tifa's familiar. Can't wait to see how this turns out, I sorta like Tifa.

Good start to the last season. 12 Eps only sucks though.
Jan 12, 2012 2:23 AM

May 2008
Ore Saito ssu! ( Little Buster Reference)

i so wanted a 4th season finally get to see the ending of the series hope it will be as good as the 2nd one.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 12, 2012 3:07 AM

Sep 2011
1st episode looks better than season 2 & 3 alrdy lol.
Jan 13, 2012 2:06 PM
Mar 2010
Classic ZnT first episode......... aaawwww

How many girls will doki-doki for Saito??? uff...... And really I hope there will no strange things like master exchange or Saito that becomes Tiffa familiar.....

nexto to 2nd ep
Jan 13, 2012 7:29 PM

Sep 2007
They took too long to get this season out.... I almost couldn't remember anything from the previous seasons....
And thus the reveal about "omg there are 4 Void mages and Julio is a familiar too" kind of had no impact on me....though I guess I should have been surprised or something (maybe rewatching previous seasons again sometime soon might help....)

Actually....what I'm most upset about is the fact that it seems like Saito's Tifa's familiar too cuz of the "entered & exited portal" thing. And I was getting so excited about who'd she summon (another girl to possibly add to Saito's harem? Or maybe another dude that could've turned into a love rival/competition?)

but nooo....they went and picked on poor Saito again. *sigh*.....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 14, 2012 10:26 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode. Hopefully this season will have a good ending... so far its a good start.

lordzenchiJan 14, 2012 10:29 PM
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Jan 15, 2012 12:26 AM

Dec 2010
ROFL the beginning was just EPIC. His damn ":3" face was hilarious. Great plains to Mountain Range!

I ain't liking the pope. He seems like a bitch.

Woah. That girl with the short pink hair... something tells me she's going to be my favorite.

Wow, they fight over the most useless things. That's like me and my ex-girlfriend.

ROFL SICK ASS LEVITATION MR. COLBERT.

So I wonder if Saito became Tiffania's familiar. Seems kind of dumb the way it happened but if it happens, it should be interesting.

Jan 15, 2012 3:42 PM

Dec 2011
that was very funny.
Sounds like this season ll be very good.
Jan 16, 2012 1:16 PM

Nov 2009
I'M SO HAPPY WITH ZERO NO TSUKAIMA'S RETURN ! <3
Jan 17, 2012 3:23 PM
Nov 2010
Louise is as cute and adorable as ever <3
Jan 20, 2012 4:31 PM

Feb 2010
Finally! Good to know that ICHIKO did the OP for the Final as well~
Tiffania is a void user! Although that scene with Saito falling into the portal..was expecting a summon by the end of the episode D:
Jan 25, 2012 3:53 AM

May 2009
Pretty good epsiode, I hope it is better than the previous seasons...
Feb 4, 2012 4:00 AM

Sep 2008
Why did I even bother watching this trash?

Ugh. I find it even harder to believe that I managed to get through the first 3 seasons back in the day.
Feb 10, 2012 6:26 AM
Jan 2012
I have rated 5 out of 5. And I mean it!! I like them and specially her. Programmers have created her at their best. Overall it's an enjoyable game. It also didn't cost much money like others as I bought it from PIJ at a cheaper rate.
http://bit.ly/Louisefigure
Feb 28, 2012 9:56 PM

Sep 2008
I always knew that Mamiko Noto would be all-powerful.
What a half-ass way to introduce it though.

I would choose to be Mamiko Noto's familiar over RieKugi's any day.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2012 2:23 AM

Sep 2011
Holy fk... I'm not used to watching Zero no Tsukaima with this good animation. It feels like I'm watching a movie... surprised no one else noticed or even mentioned this yet...

Anyways, overall, great first episode! Loved it, we got a kiss on the first episode! :)
May 12, 2012 12:07 AM

May 2012
Well, I didn't know where to post this, but here seemed like the most appropriate place, rather than creating a new thread.

Does anyone know where to find the instrumental version of the ED song ("Kiss Shite Agenai")? I'm not talking about the "Off Vocal" version, but the slow piano piece that was played right at the end of the episode.

I couldn't find it neither in the OST nor in the Single (I even tried the Japanese Special Edition, but I only got two versions with different lyrics). so I'm puzzled.

Anyone? I'm getting desperate here! lol
May 26, 2012 11:30 PM

May 2012
Hmm... What about the instrumental of the OP ("I'll be There for You") then? Was played on episode 5.

Does anyone have a clue?
Jun 1, 2012 2:37 PM

Nov 2007
There's always someone to ruin Louise and Saito's kiss :P
Jul 24, 2012 10:18 PM

May 2010
Even though this was very fanservicey, it felt more like the first season than the third one. It just goes to show that you can have boob jokes and stiff fit a decent plot in. The previous director ought to be taking notes...
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 26, 2012 4:59 PM

Jun 2012
OriginANIME said:
Holy fk... I'm not used to watching Zero no Tsukaima with this good animation. It feels like I'm watching a movie... surprised no one else noticed or even mentioned this yet...

Anyways, overall, great first episode! Loved it, we got a kiss on the first episode! :)

I was thinking the same thing lol, it was weird at first to see it like this, great episode to start the season though, excited for the rest of series.
Aug 3, 2012 1:38 PM

Jun 2012
Wow the animation quality has gotten alot better
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Aug 24, 2012 12:07 PM

Jul 2011
mdz said:
Actually really enjoyed the first episode; off to a good start.

Agreed! I've waited so long for this and the first episode was as expected from ZnT - Amazing. Too bad that I watched the first 3 seasons quite a while ago and I dont really remember everything... I dont know if I should re-watch them but this is still awesome. Looking forward to next 11 eps. A good start of the finale!
Jul 3, 2013 9:32 PM

Jun 2013
Animation has changed, do not know whether for good or bad, but what really matters is that the story is still as good.

Is a new beginning in this new season.
Jul 30, 2013 1:25 PM
Jul 2013
Saito is emotionally inept isn't he? A normal person would know after 1 season that Louise is very jealous. Saito and Louise are a couple too, yet Saito still acts like he's a bachelor. Is it not obvious that you are a couple with someone when you love that person and she/he basically offers you intimate sex on a boat in season 2?
Aug 3, 2013 5:35 PM

May 2013
Good start to the fourth season, but it seemed weird that Saito fell through the summoning portal?
Jun 9, 2014 3:08 PM

Oct 2013
lol so Saito broke Tifa's summoning XD now she think he's her familiar ?
Good start to a new season
[/quote]
Jun 16, 2014 7:10 PM

Aug 2013
Well, HD really makes a difference :P
The action also look way more fluid.

Anyway, I think it's a good start. Though, we again see a love triangle forming its way xD
Even if we already know Tiffania have literally 0 chance of winning the harem (in fact, pretty much only Louise has a chance), she will probably be able to steal a kiss from Saito I guess.

It took a kinda weird turn with pope and stuff, but we'll see. It could be interresting. I also hope they go further in some of the side-plot like the other religion (the thing about the same disaster that happened 6000 years ago and the thing about demons) or the sickness of Charlotte mother. They did talk about an elven potion.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 4, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
Fine first episode, but nothing great either..
Dec 13, 2014 11:09 AM
May 2013
After 3 seasons of her bs , Louise is no longer funny or bearable . Tsundere ruins everything .
Jan 23, 2015 5:30 PM
Jan 2015
Well.. The OSTLAND STILL ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME!
But at least we got confirmed that Tiffania is a void mage too and has a crush on Saito too..
Also pretty cool they got to meet the pope of Romania, who just happened to be a void mage too.. I don't understand though, how he can think he can get Joseph to their side, and what's this "Halkeginia" they need to protect?

Also how come Guirche is still able to boss around with Saito, even now that he's familiar to the princess to Tristian..
May 18, 2016 5:54 AM

May 2014
Here go, final season. Surprised to see how easily Saito and Louise go back and forth all this time. Guessing Tiffa didn't get to finish her spell, was probably only a second or two away.
May 23, 2016 4:32 AM

Jan 2016
Sooo..heheehe... 4 years later, and season 4 and I’m laughing my fucking brains out LMAO
Animations/Art: omg, I’m not so far behind now hehehehe.. Naa Its rather amazing compared to all the other 3 seasons xD So muuuuuuch more details now!!! ecchi just concurred this anime!lol
OP is alright,maybe a OP that i would listen while watching this season,(mostly been skipping that x’D) , ´-´ animation for it,was interesting, more new character.. and the ED.. some ish childish, Its a very Louise Song/Girlygirly pink song, animation for it was tbh.. (feel bad for saying it..) its rather kawaii n adorable with the song and animation with Louise…

As for the episode very Exciting and Fascinating. so there is got 4 Void Mages, and some evil gang? And Saito might/maybe will be Tittania's Familiar as well? who know, so many question.
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 2, 2016 4:08 AM

Mar 2014
The legendary bearers of the Void , entrusted with the fate of the world .
Siesta , you can have my utmost respect for saying those words ~ .
I believe there's no harem in this series but the episode just suggested it .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Episode felt so meh I thought u was re-watching Season 3. 3/5
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Aug 17, 2016 7:13 PM
Jul 2016
The animation quality sure has improved by a lot
Sep 15, 2016 1:37 PM

Jan 2013
Animation looks really good, definitely improved big time.
I'm glad that this episode starts out with a serious tone already :)

The drama between Saito and Louise in the bedroom saying he should just be Tiffa's familiar was dumb though ... honestly, you have been through so much and still act like that to each other.

TheHatredDMC said:

Really?
I thought this episode actually felt way more serious than the entirety of season 3.
Already explaining about Void mages, some new characters that are stealing stuff.

Sep 18, 2016 8:46 PM

Jul 2014
PrOxAnto said:
Animation looks really good, definitely improved big time.
I'm glad that this episode starts out with a serious tone already :)

The drama between Saito and Louise in the bedroom saying he should just be Tiffa's familiar was dumb though ... honestly, you have been through so much and still act like that to each other.

TheHatredDMC said:

Really?
I thought this episode actually felt way more serious than the entirety of season 3.
Already explaining about Void mages, some new characters that are stealing stuff.

You mean new characters that ended up in the background just like Season 3? This season did that too. Season 2 was better but given how they derailed the story, that's really not saying much. After Season 2, the story became a train wreck.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Sep 11, 2018 10:12 AM

Jan 2013
Another dreadful opening. Bleeding ears are not fun.

lol bishounen pope
He should be around 70 years older and be protecting pedophiles if he was a real pope.
Jan 21, 2019 1:10 AM

Aug 2018
This episode was a lot like coming home and seeing old friends again. Overall, I enjoyed it and I'm ready for this final journey.
May 5, 2019 6:38 PM

Mar 2016
I was sort of hoping that this episode would deviate a little bit from the same formula of the last three seasons, but it appears that my low expectations were still set too high. Still, this can't possibly be worse than last season (famous last words) and I'm glad that things seem to be a bit more plot oriented this time around.

The worst part about this show are the constant 'character development resets' in regard to Saito and Louise. They both remain as dense as ever and at this point I think that neither of them deserve to ever be in any sort of relationship with anyone—scratch that, they're actually perfect for each other, seeing how they're both insufferable twats.
Dec 15, 2019 11:35 PM

Jun 2017
What an amazing first episode lol, the gang is back with their antics. The OP is kinda nice and the ED is kinda cute, the next ep preview gives me Toaru Majutsu no Index vibes.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 19, 2020 9:43 AM

Nov 2016
It was cute when Louise and Saito made up in the end. Nice start, hope this final season won't disappoint.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 24, 2020 7:59 PM

Aug 2018
Nice start to the season and the animation looks greatly improved. Louise is cuter than ever.
Sep 4, 2021 6:56 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, does that make Saito Tiffania's familiar as well?

Embarassed Tiffania is so cute!
Apr 7, 2022 9:56 AM

May 2020
animation looks better
louise is still an annoying little shithead

May 8, 2022 5:25 AM
Apr 2022
The lack of „Zero“ (the fighter plane) in the intro was quite shocking to me
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 17, 2012

71 by Toptenfunnymomen »»
Jan 5, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 23, 2012

381 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Mar 9, 2012

120 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 24, 2012

77 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 2, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Feb 3, 2012

135 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.