Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 5, 2012 12:44 PM

Jun 2008
According to their official press release, NIS America has licensed Brave 10.

NISA will reveal the release details of the premium edition at a later time. Brave 10 will be streamed on Crunchyroll as it airs in Japan.

Source: NISA Press Release
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 5, 2012 1:03 PM

Oct 2009
How brave of them to license it before it airs.
Jan 5, 2012 1:49 PM

Jan 2011
In the manga it was extremely ecchi but in the PV it looked like a male harem. What gives?!
[center]
Jan 5, 2012 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
SurferDude said:
What will you give them for Bravery on a scale of 10?

*bad-um-tss*

Jan 5, 2012 5:12 PM

Jan 2011
GaZsTiC said:
VioLink said:
In the manga it was extremely ecchi but in the PV it looked like a male harem. What gives?!

Isn't it both?

The author is a woman, so the men are pretty homolusty despite the series being ecchi. I think it sounds quite interesting.

It does sound like a good mix, sexy girls + sexy guys. Kind of like Star driver.
[center]
Jan 5, 2012 6:30 PM

Nov 2008
they have some guts
Jan 5, 2012 6:48 PM
Jan 5, 2012 11:13 PM

May 2011
Hun. Don't see why they'd license it before it airs, but whatevs.
Jan 6, 2012 2:14 AM

Sep 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Why.

I don't know. NIS sucks I probably would like them if their subs were not shit and they stop messing with lighting and effect making the anime drop in quality. Oh well CR then on to fansubs when they loose the streaming rights I guess.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 6, 2012 1:03 PM
May 2011
Awesome looking forward to this series
Jan 7, 2012 3:07 AM

Aug 2011
Roloko said:
DraconisMarch said:
Why.
I don't know. NIS sucks I probably would like them if their subs were not shit and they stop messing with lighting and effect making the anime drop in quality. Oh well CR then on to fansubs when they loose the streaming rights I guess.
If they suck and license sucky anime, it's all good.

If they suck and steal GOOD anime from GOOD licensing companies, we'll have a problem.
Jan 7, 2012 6:24 PM

Sep 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Roloko said:
DraconisMarch said:
Why.
If they suck and license sucky anime, it's all good.

If they suck and steal GOOD anime from GOOD licensing companies, we'll have a problem.

Agreed, but they got Natsume Yuujinchou and that is unforgivable in my eyes. They also added some weird effect to Pandora Hearts that made it all grainy the series wasn't in that much quality to start off with, but NIS just made it worse. I hope they took that shit off in the standard edition they are going to be releasing.

You know something is wrong when an company treats their games with more respect than the anime they license. Its like a slap in the face to us especially if we were waiting for the series to be licensed in the states just to have horribly timed half-assed subs. I was watching their subs for Working!! and they randomly caps locked names. If the characters are excited a simple " *insert characters name here without caps lock*!" would do. It really pisses me off. To top it off some lines were untranslated from what I remember and they are charging $70 for that. WTF seriously?

Now if they improved and stopped with the bullshit then maybe I will consider buying from them if not they just need to get the fuck out of the anime business and stick to their JRPGs.

Aksys (sp?) games now they need to come into the anime industry cause to me they would treat anime with the same respect as their games plus release nice limited editions. Sure it would be subbed only since I think most of their games are just translated and not dubbed anyways, but if they do them right I totally wouldn't mind giving them my money.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 8, 2012 12:04 AM
Jan 8, 2012 12:07 PM

Jun 2008
Roloko said:
They also added some weird effect to Pandora Hearts that made it all grainy

That wasn't NIS America. The creators of the series added that.
Jan 8, 2012 10:11 PM

Sep 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Roloko said:
They also added some weird effect to Pandora Hearts that made it all grainy

That wasn't NIS America. The creators of the series added that.

Really? So it wasn't them? Damn Xebec trolling with piss poor animation then adding lighting effects to make it worse all I can say is thank god for the manga getting an English release. NIS's subs still suck though I'm not paying $70 for horribly timed subs when fansubs are better than that. If an official release has bad subs compared to fansubs then something isn't right.

I don't mind the font although it could be a bit bigger or color its the badly timed subs and random caps lock of characters names that piss me off its distracting and retarded they either need to get it together or just withdraw from the anime market cause it really is a slap in the face if I really want to own a series just for it to have horribly timed subs and ridiculous caps lock in random places.

I pretty much lost hope in NIS ever dubbing anime especially after Bandai withdrawing and pretty soon here in a few years I doubt we will be getting much anyways so I think its time for me to accept that fact and be more open into purchasing subbed DVDs of the series I enjoy instead of my no dub = no buy sort of thinking if I want anime to survive in the R1 market. I just hope that NIS improves especially if us R1 fans have to rely on them in the end for new releases when that unfortunate time comes.

I might buy Brave 10 when it gets a standard edition to see if they did improve on timing and stop with the whole caps lock thing cause that seriously made me go wtf cause the characters were not shouting.... =/

Do they only sell their series on Rightstuf or can you get them through places like Best Buy and FYE?
Jan 9, 2012 9:18 AM

Sep 2009
Roloko said:
DraconisMarch said:
Why.

Not sure what you're getting at here. The subs for Arakawa were great, and I haven't run into any problems in terms of subtitle quality from NIS's front.
Jan 9, 2012 1:05 PM

May 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
SurferDude said:
What will you give them for Bravery on a scale of 10?

*bad-um-tss*

10, for Bravo!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 9, 2012 7:21 PM

Jun 2008
Roloko said:
Really? So it wasn't them?

Source: "Special Notice: The film grain effect in PandoraHearts was added by the creators and is intentional in order to give the graphics more texture and depth."
Jan 11, 2012 5:45 AM

Sep 2010
outlawauron said:
Roloko said:
DraconisMarch said:
Why.

Not sure what you're getting at here. The subs for Arakawa were great, and I haven't run into any problems in terms of subtitle quality from NIS's front.

Not for Working!! though unless they got Arakawa after that. I looked around and heard that their subs have improved since the first series they got, but I'm still unsure wither or not to really buy from them.

Also tell me did the subs go off the screen before the character was finished with their sentence and did they randomly caps lock characters names when they were not shouting?

I hope for the Working!! standard edition that they fix the subs. If not no buy from me. I will not add shoddy subs in my collection.

Redfoxoffire said:
"Special Notice: The film grain effect in PandoraHearts was added by the creators and is intentional in order to give the graphics more texture and depth."

And Xebec trolls around with PH once again. Well thanks for clearing that up for me I probably would have known if I would have went on their site, but I don't really care too much for them as I do with Aksys games and what little titles Bamco gave me. xD
Jan 11, 2012 5:26 PM

Sep 2008
Weird, I had the Premium Edition of Working!! and I didn't experience any problems with the subtitles...
Jan 12, 2012 12:22 AM

Sep 2010
Kippy said:
Weird, I had the Premium Edition of Working!! and I didn't experience any problems with the subtitles...

Maybe something happened when they uploaded it on Crunchyroll?? Cause to me sometimes the lines would disappear before the character would finish their lines. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get one of their standard editions to see if I experience the same problems as I did with Working!!.
Jan 12, 2012 4:35 AM

Dec 2010
VioLink said:
It does sound like a good mix, sexy girls + sexy guys. Kind of like Star driver.

As a side note, yes. Isanami is incredibly sexy. Also, a Yukimura that isn't hot-blooded (or a denderswapped loli) for a change! Hazzah! Quite happy.

Also, NIS america isn't too bad about licensed anime. I don't think they are, at least. They do have a track record for typos though....
Jan 12, 2012 4:54 AM

Sep 2010
Well as long as the typos are few and far between I'll be fine, but if its a few times every episode then I'm going to think they just half-assed it.

I seriously want Aksys games to come into the anime business they would have nice limited editions. I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks this?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by BankaiGoku »»
14 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Today, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Azuchi »»
Today, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.