Forum Settings
Forums

How do you read your Manga From a real source or online or both?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 7, 2012 10:15 PM

Mar 2012
As much as I'd like to own the physical copies, I don't have the money and the closest book store is pretty far away so online it is for me.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Apr 8, 2012 6:20 AM

Apr 2012
I used to on a mobile site on my Nintendo 3DS, but now I just read real ones.
Apr 8, 2012 11:48 AM

Mar 2012
GyozaEatsOtaku said:
First, I check out a series by either downloading it from mangatraders, or reading it on mangafox; however, when I really enjoy a series, I buy the hard copies starting at volume 1 (only exception is Genshiken. When I went to a bookstore in SF's Japan Town, volume 1 was missing, but I love the series so much I couldn't leave the store without a copy of the manga. So with that series, I started with volume 2 with the sole intention to buy volume 1 next time I see it! ).

^^
Pretty much this for me, check it out online, buy it if I like it/ its been released, and read current chapters of said series till its english release.
Apr 10, 2012 1:54 AM
Jul 2011
I download to my iPad and read. But I have a modest collection of manga. I want to make my room into a manga library when I get a job.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Apr 11, 2012 6:51 PM

Feb 2012
I couldn't get into manga until I got my Kindle Fire, partly because I didn't have much of an interest, but also because I don't like to read using online readers (pages are too big, scrolling is bad, etc). So I read one series for 4 years very on and off because I bought all the volumes as they came out, then after I got the Fire I downloaded an app called PocketManga which is really great and allows me to bookmark from several different sites, as well as notifying me of new chapters for all of my bookmarks and letting me download chapters to my device, and that's how I've read every series since.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Apr 14, 2012 12:41 PM

Oct 2007
Download and read on the iPad or the PC. Have a couple hundred volumes of various manga, but oftentimes I'll read them digitally anyway.
Apr 22, 2012 4:21 PM

Apr 2012
I usually buy the hard copies of most manga I read. If I ever go online for manga, I order a copy off of Barnes & Noble.com or any other site.
Apr 22, 2012 5:10 PM

Nov 2008
I usually read them online. But sometimes I buy manga from the stores if it's one series that I really like/want to read.
Apr 23, 2012 12:51 AM

May 2010
Both. I read manga online only when it's not published in my country, or new chapters of on-goings (but I buy volumes as well then). My manga collection is 100 volumes for now, though almost half of them are Naruto, lol.
Apr 23, 2012 7:51 AM

Mar 2010
It depends. If they've been published where I live (Italy), I buy them. Otherwise, I'm forced to read them online, you know? But it's not really my favourite way. I like being able to touch what I'm reading!
Apr 26, 2012 9:32 AM

Feb 2012
The real read those who are available in my school
For the others, i read them online
Apr 26, 2012 10:58 PM
Dec 2011
All online
May 4, 2012 10:41 PM

Jan 2012
I download it to my computer free with DomDom Manga Downloader :D
I used to buy it D: And almost killed my tiny allowance each week.. @_@
~KawaiiKitsune93~
May 5, 2012 4:35 AM

Sep 2008
I do alittle of both. Before I started reading manga on my phone I didn't like reading online that much. I buy manga most of the time.
May 5, 2012 7:39 PM

Dec 2011
Umm I read the scans online at "mangahere.co
" what's the point of buying manga when you can read it free. I know some people like to have like a collection or whatever but I only buy certain volumes that I really enjoyed and would read again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2012 10:44 AM

Apr 2012
Both. Read online the ones that aren't licensed. Buy the ones that are. Although it still depends whether the series is worth buying. I would usually buy only the ones which I really want to support the mangaka of. It's one way of showing your gratitude to them and paying them back for all their hard work.

[G]areki && [G]oggles && [G]uns are
[© Touya Mikanagi || respectful creators]

May 6, 2012 12:42 PM

Dec 2008
Mostly online. I raid my local library a lot but its come to the point when I've read all the manga they have that appeals to me. I do own some manga, but only some of my favourite titles. Generally I read all manga online.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

18 by Chuckiemuffin »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1042 by codelyok13 »»
8 hours ago

» I need help finding a manga that I have forgotten

codelyok13 - 9 hours ago

0 by codelyok13 »»
9 hours ago

» Do you ever skim through your Manga?

zaganGao - Jan 23

26 by Zimmu »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 15

22 by Lucifrost »»
Apr 17, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.