Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of users rating 10s to almost everything they watched?

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Jan 3, 2012 1:10 PM

Who actually has a large number of anime watched with every single one rated 10? Do such people actually exist?
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Jan 3, 2012 1:11 PM

kuuderes_shadow said:
Who actually has a large number of anime watched with every single one rated 10? Do such people actually exist?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/HugoFF

Jan 3, 2012 1:11 PM

I hate em for the scoring inflation on MAL. Each time I rate anime I enjoy 8, which says " Very good " in the dropdown menu, its still below its average. Why? Everyone who is too dumb to understand that if everything is rated high, the very best anime cant break through, and even the very bad ones cant drop to very bottom.

For example, Maken-ki, the absolute garbage of last season has rating of 6.6x, which is " Fine ". Its not fine, its not even average, its awful and everyone should stay away from it.

Stop being mild and without any critical view people. Bury the bad shit without 2nd thought.

Jan 3, 2012 1:13 PM

IllegalCyrus said:
People care about others this much on this site?
Good god I'm laughing my ass off.
Let people be people.
if one could create a discussion thread and complain why XYZ anime is rated so high, then i dont see a reason why creatin discussion thread about the 'culprits' who rated them highly would be a problem.

Jan 3, 2012 1:15 PM

Karhu said:
grandy_UiD said:
Foggle said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Let people be people.

Agreed.

You can't just "agree" with that. If we could agree on something, then there wouldn't be all this fun we have right now. This thread is about how everyone disagrees with everyone and everything else. So don't just go agreeing with someone.

I completely disagree. I think everyone should agree with each others no matter what.

o u guise

Jan 3, 2012 1:31 PM

Foggle said:
Karhu said:
grandy_UiD said:
Foggle said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Let people be people.

Agreed.

You can't just "agree" with that. If we could agree on something, then there wouldn't be all this fun we have right now. This thread is about how everyone disagrees with everyone and everything else. So don't just go agreeing with someone.

I completely disagree. I think everyone should agree with each others no matter what.

o u guise

We should all agree that we disagree with everything we agree with.

Jan 3, 2012 1:40 PM

I don't agree!

(okay we might be pushing it now. I'm going to bed)

Edit: I'm going to bed with a fucking awesome post count!

Jan 3, 2012 1:44 PM

It sorta just wows me since the things that they watch ALMOST don't let them down; or they probably just want to show their love for anime, you know.

Maybe these are the kind of people who must REALLY enjoy watching anime.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.

Jan 3, 2012 1:46 PM

trinity12 said:

dont get mad at him..he is 82 years old.....but someone who names himself hitler just can go to hell -.-
Its a joke ghandi dont get so freaked out, im just a abnormal high school student that is using a in joke as a username

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 3, 2012 1:56 PM

I immediately thought of Chester A. Bum character from The Bum Reviews and his catchphrase "Oh my God, this is the greatest movie I've ever seen in my life!".

But in all seriousness, if there are people like that, they really need to take the time to evaluate what they've seen and see if it'll hold up in years to come. I know I've gone through my list and rated down shows that I liked more as a high schooler than I do now.

Jan 3, 2012 2:08 PM

HERE'S A NICE LIFE STORY.

I'm probably one of those with a "demented" sense of enjoyment. When I first started rating anime, it was pretty much all 10s. Then I realized, it didn't make any sense at all, and I had to differentiate the titles somewhat. So I started using some generous 6-10 scale where around half my list were 9-10.

That was still retarded, so as time went on I eventually ended up at the 5 average. Still enjoying anime while "objectively analyzing it," though. Yes, even infamous titles such as Hidan no Aria or Mars of Destruction.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."

Jan 3, 2012 2:11 PM

I do it to balance all the 1s it gets.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Jan 3, 2012 2:27 PM

If they score everything they watch a 10, then they must either not give a damn about anything in a show (plot, characters, etc.), or enjoy literally everything they watch. Either way they liked it enough to score it so high.

I mainly watch anime for pure enjoyment, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give everything a high rating simply because I liked the first episode. Everything has its bad points, after all.
(´・ω・`) (゜Д゜) (•̪┌┐•̪) ♥

Jan 3, 2012 2:31 PM
Blockheads that don´t know the meaning of objectiveness.

Jan 3, 2012 2:35 PM

I think one of two things. They are in the infancy of their otakudom where everything seems flat-out amazing to them, much the same way you can watch a movie as a child and think its awesome until 10 years down the line and you realize how awful it really was, or they are just that easily amused. Nothing wrong with either, but most times I tend not to have conversations with people like that.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Jan 3, 2012 2:48 PM

trinity12 said:

dont get mad at him..he is 82 years old.....but someone who names himself hitler just can go to hell -.-

what the... this made me laugh:D

I agree with FOEbulous-max; it is very difficult to recommend something to people like that. (Also to those who don't have anything in their list at all, but that's another topic..)
While I think everyone has the freedom to rate how they want to, I do think one should try to THINK before rating (= does the anime really deserve that rating?). I think that would already avoid a lot of 10's.

Well, and those who nearly just give 10's either only watch shows that they like and rate on enjoyment only or they're simply trolls ...

So basically I only care if they're going to ask for recommendations or want to discuss. Other than that, I don't really mind.

Jan 3, 2012 2:55 PM

They don't understand that anything above a 5 is good or at least decent

It is like the current gaming scores which everything is rated 8's 9's and 10's

Jan 3, 2012 2:56 PM

They're easy to please etc. Anyhow I don't give a damn how others rate.

Jan 3, 2012 3:00 PM

It's their view, so it doesn't really matter to me what they rate as its their list but they should really give more thought into the show's they had watched and say to themselves can they justify giving nearly every show a masterpiece rating

Jan 3, 2012 3:08 PM

It annoys me but there's nothing I can do about it, just like there's nothing anyone can do about my low scores

Jan 3, 2012 3:16 PM

Overlord3k said:

That reminded me of this picture:
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."

Jan 3, 2012 4:28 PM
I rarely rate at a 10. That means I found no faults. And yet I also rarely rate under a 5 either *and if it is rated under 5 I probably wont finish it anyways.

Jan 3, 2012 4:30 PM

Lemonaded said:
I envy them.

Same. Being able to enjoy nearly everything must be great.

Another Sig WIP

Jan 3, 2012 4:36 PM

They either don't care that much about score and don't give it much thought, or they sincerely enjoy it. It doesn't bother me.

Jan 3, 2012 4:45 PM

Overlord3k said:

correction a magority of the abd games are giving those scores, all teh good games get 7's or below, sorry to get off topic but just thinkign about those idiots that call themselves "professional reviewers" pisses me off to no end

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 3, 2012 4:52 PM

Like others have said, some are too easily amused. No analyzing the plot, characters, ect. to see what things could have been worked on. Im easily amused but I dont score things lower than 5 or 6 nor do I get alot of animes a 10.

Jan 3, 2012 4:53 PM

I don't really care, everyone has opinions.......no matter how much they seem to deviate from your or general views.

Jan 3, 2012 4:58 PM
It seems kind of pointless to me to be rating shows that way. There's no value in giving something a 10 if you hand out that score to half the shows you watch.

Jan 3, 2012 7:43 PM

Well, there are also too many people that give almost everything they watch 5-6 or less. So I guess it balances is out.

Jan 3, 2012 7:47 PM

Everyone has their own way of rating anime - a scale of sorts - and should not be given any type of crap for it, unless it's REALLY off. I have quite a few 10's on my list, because they're the series that I really loved - why shouldn't I be able to give them a 10?

To me, nothing can really be "perfect". Therefore, when I give something a 10 I'm willing to look over the mistakes because I just found the series amazing otherwise.

Jan 3, 2012 7:49 PM

Lucky them, enjoying everything they watch that much. It makes you wonder sometimes though. They will probably grow more jaded as they watch more stuff, which will perhaps lead to lower scores...

It's pretty difficult at times to give a correct score, how many times I've been wondering if I should give an anime a 7 or an 8 xD Would be easier if there only were 5 "levels" instead of 10 :x
Modified by Ekvi, Jan 3, 2012 7:57 PM

Jan 3, 2012 8:19 PM
They're the type of people who are generous and can overlook any kind of flaw.

Jan 4, 2012 1:35 AM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Its a joke ghandi dont get so freaked out, im just a abnormal high school student that HAS NO FUCKING CLUE HOW THE GERMAN LANGUAGE WORKS AND SHOULD FOREVER REFRAIN FROM USING IT.

There, I fixed that for ya.

Seriously dude, what the hell? The stuff written on your profile makes me cringe. It wouldn't be that funny even if it was in proper german, but hey to each his own (yeah I used that deliberately, I hope you get it. Although I doubt it).
But the german you used there is totally broken. It makes you look like a total retard.

Yeah, this was OT but I really wanted to say that. Continue with the topic.

Jan 4, 2012 2:02 AM

They are entitled to their own opinion.
My opinion of those people are that their thoughts about anime can be regarded as utter shit

Jan 4, 2012 2:09 AM

I don't really mind them that much, But they seem to enjoy watching anime ALOT. But for me a 10 should be something that you give to series that has a story unlike something else, that leaves you with your mouth open.

Jan 4, 2012 2:15 AM
originanime

I respect people who enjoys Anime a lot but you can't just throw out 10s that easily! My favorite Anime is AnoHana and even I can see the faults in it. Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean it is "perfect".

Jan 4, 2012 2:20 AM

You shouldn't really make it bother you, it's their view of the animes they have watched + some people are just plan lazy and rate everything a 10 so they don't have to take time out to choose, me i don't have much on my list, i just picked my favorites so most of them are high ratings because those are the animes i liked very much.
"Neither devil nor death. I am just murder."

Jan 4, 2012 4:16 AM

Well, they must be really lucky or they just don't have any standards and love everything. I mean, I don't have anything against people rating a lot of anime from their list with a 10 (I also have quite a lot), but it's just impossible that almost every anime suits your taste perfectly...

Jan 4, 2012 4:30 AM

... that or they're just picky with what they watch? they only watch their preferred genre or they've read the summary then watched it and ended up liking it? kinda like what i do. lol

Jan 4, 2012 4:39 AM

those people are gay... but theres no need to be overly passionate about ending their lives or anything. you will just never get through to them.

try asking a dog which food he prefers

he just loves it all, eats it all and shits it out

good luck to the dogs, as long as they are friendly

Jan 4, 2012 5:22 AM

To each there own i guess. Although i don't understand the rating levels (a 1 or a 10) but i was a pretty high rater myself in the beginning of my anime days (although those we're mostly 8's). Which have kinda changed through the years to more 4-5-6 number now. The only problem i have with those people is that their ratings change the ''anime average'', which makes that score pretty much useless, some shows really don't deserve any tens at all.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Jan 4, 2012 5:39 AM

I would think they're young and enthusiastic about their new hobby and not cynical old men like me :p

Jan 4, 2012 5:41 AM

Looking at my own list I've only given Cowboy Bebop an 10 rating. I think Death Note is the next who are given a 10 when I'm done watching it in japanese. In english is more an 8..

I think it's weird with only 10 ratings.

Jan 4, 2012 6:17 AM
otaking
around 11% of my l list are 10 for anime and around 9% for manga
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Jan 4, 2012 6:21 AM

I don't care if people do that.

Even though MAL attempts to define the rating scale everyone seems to have their own interpretation of it anyway (don't know if that is really relevant or not).

Jan 4, 2012 6:26 AM

OriginANIME said:
I respect people who enjoys Anime a lot but you can't just throw out 10s that easily! My favorite Anime is AnoHana and even I can see the faults in it. Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean it is "perfect".

Favourite = AnoHana
Wha~? I don't even...

I feel the envy, guys. Bring it!

Ekvi said:
Lucky them, enjoying everything they watch that much. It makes you wonder sometimes though. They will probably grow more jaded as they watch more stuff, which will perhaps lead to lower scores...

It's pretty difficult at times to give a correct score, how many times I've been wondering if I should give an anime a 7 or an 8 xD Would be easier if there only were 5 "levels" instead of 10 :x

The lack of new '10s' is not because of I'm becoming jaded. I think my relaxed set of views aren't changed that much. The first few is usually better:it's why I went into further anime in the first place. By Sturgeon's law, it's not possible to have '10s' ratio higher than 1/10 for those who completed more than 1000 anime. But I'm not in that group which completed 1000 anime.

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴

Jan 4, 2012 6:38 AM
I believe the point of the 10s is to distinguish the best anime. That way I make it easier for people with a good compatibility with me to find something good. Similarly, it pisses me off when I find someone with good compatibility, but he has 100 10s which I can't check all out.

Jan 4, 2012 7:19 AM

I know in my completed list most of my things are rated highly but for me this is because if I don't like it a lot i might not even finish it.

Jan 4, 2012 9:15 AM
Sanji Fangirl

People are allowed to rate how they want, so i don't mind.
Edit; Not to mention that they probably avoid watching anime that they don't like wich will get a lower score from them.
Modified by Chibi-Alice, Jan 4, 2012 9:18 AM

Jan 4, 2012 9:29 AM

I have 30 10/10 ratings out of 164, where does that put me?

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »