Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of users rating 10s to almost everything they watched?

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Post New Reply
Jan 19, 2012 7:59 PM

Not enough experience, watch moar, but above all, envy.

Jan 19, 2012 8:43 PM

Biased opinion, happy-go-lucky or a troll.

Take your pick.

Jan 19, 2012 8:58 PM

To me, my 10s anime are series that let a mark in me for some reason, I have a conexion with them...If I see a person that put 10 to everything I will think that he don't have that type of conexion

Jan 19, 2012 11:08 PM

I base my ratings on how i enjoy the series and its plot. I only give a ten if I feel that the series is complete and it does not need another season or continuation. I am new to anime and willing to watch more.

Edit: I am picky when it comes to choosing animes so I choose carefully which anime I should watch and make sure I will be enjoying it
Modified by BlueKite, Jan 20, 2012 1:34 AM

Jan 20, 2012 6:41 AM

I don't care. In my opinion, it seems like some people take the rating system a little too seriously. By all means, write a detailed review; they're great and informative. But don't be upset that some other person doesn't take it as seriously as you do. If they enjoyed it, and wanted to give it a 10, good for them. I personally rate on how much enjoyment/interest I had from the series, and some of them happen to be 10s.

Jan 20, 2012 8:25 AM

vongola1314 said:
not sure if this thread already exist, feel free to remove if it exist though.

as the title said, what are your thoughts?

Edit: i create this thread to ask for everyones opinions. so of course one would disagree with another. everyone here think differently
and if you dont really intend to participate the discussion, then just dont.

Either they thoroughly research every anime before they watch it or they are easily amused or haven't seen much anime.

Most of the anime I watch I usually give a score of 8 to.I almost always do a little research first before deciding whether or not I want to watch a particular anime,so I am rarely disappointed.

Jan 20, 2012 9:13 PM
As quite a few others have said, I have no problems with it, whether it's because they are easily amused, or just not objective, it doesn't annoy me. I can also still take them seriously, the first 4 or 5 anime's I watched were all extremely good (imo) and I rated them all 10s, so, for a while, I WAS one of the people who rated all tens, lol.

(Angel Beats, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, 11 Eyes, and Elfen Lied, so it was 5 :P)

Jan 20, 2012 9:47 PM

Almost everything they've watched?
Maybe they only watch god-like anime. ._.
You should really just comment on my profile if you want me to see your reply.

Jan 20, 2012 9:57 PM

Illisible said:
I don't think anything about it, really. It just shows that they really liked the show, which is a good thing.

I agree. Shouldn't people care what they think about a show rather than what others think?

Jan 21, 2012 12:19 PM

CallMeChip said:
Illisible said:
I don't think anything about it, really. It just shows that they really liked the show, which is a good thing.

I agree. Shouldn't people care what they think about a show rather than what others think?
the thing is, there are people who doesnt give much thoughts when rating an anime. that is what this thread is about.

Jan 21, 2012 12:21 PM

vongola1314 said:
CallMeChip said:
Illisible said:

the thing is, there are people who doesnt give much thoughts when rating an anime. that is what this thread is about.

And where do you extract that those kinds of people are the ones who give a lot of 10s?

Jan 21, 2012 1:09 PM

If you genuinely liked the anime, whats wrong with rating it in a way that reflects your personal level of enjoyment?

Jan 21, 2012 1:26 PM

-Kazu said:
If you genuinely liked the anime, whats wrong with rating it in a way that reflects your personal level of enjoyment?

There's nothing wrong with it. People here take their little numbers too seriously.

Either that, or people here are annoyed that they can't control how others think.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

Jan 21, 2012 3:31 PM

-Kazu said:

The scores are supposed to be related to other shows i.e. they show how much you liked something compared to other shows you liked. So the best gets 10 and the worst thing imaginable gets 1. When people have every show rated 10 it feels like they can't differentiate between better and worse shows, as if they set the scale too high and ran out of numbers. In this case the score becomes meaningless and useless as it tells nothing about your preferences or how much you actually liked a certain show. What's the point of giving score if it doesn't mean/tell anything?

The annoying part is that this can be easily fixed by dropping/scaling every rating so that all levels of enjoyment get represented, but still people keep having lists full of 10s.

Jan 21, 2012 3:50 PM

Does it matter? Some people, including myself just rate a show on how much they enjoyed it.
If you want to critically think about everything, then why even have a perfect score possible in the ratings? There's no show that's absolutely flawless & perfect.

Jan 21, 2012 4:07 PM
couldn't care less.
­

Jan 21, 2012 4:20 PM

Remnants- said:
-Kazu said:

There's nothing wrong with it. People here take their little numbers too seriously.

Either that, or people here are annoyed that they can't control how others think.

Just like this. I think is about respect. If you put a 6 in an anime and other 10 you have to respect that.

Jan 21, 2012 6:24 PM

Remnants- said:
-Kazu said:

I know the list is for you, but isn't it also for other people to see what you liked? It isn't necessarily about enjoyment, it's about comparative enjoyment, how much you liked one show compared to another. If they are all 10s, people on't be able to tell whether you liked one show more than another, but if you put the ones you like the best at 10, and put the next ones at 9 etc. then you and other people can see how much you liked Code Geass compared to Mobile Suit Gundam 00 for example, and see which you liked more. Unfortunately the rating system is slightly more complicated than the "I enjoyed it"/"I didn't enjoy it" system you seem to be thinking of.

Jan 21, 2012 7:58 PM

Whose thinking of a system like that? All I said was that the ratings should reflect the enjoyment of the viewer, I never said that the viewer is going rate 10/10 just because they kinda liked it/ didn't' like it.

My statement does not connect to the OP's topic of "People who rate 10's on everything." It's more of a, "People who give out a lot of 10's." Which is fundamentally different.

Jan 21, 2012 8:14 PM

InfiniteRyvius said:
I know the list is for you, but isn't it also for other people to see what you liked? It isn't necessarily about enjoyment, it's about comparative enjoyment, how much you liked one show compared to another. If they are all 10s, people on't be able to tell whether you liked one show more than another, but if you put the ones you like the best at 10, and put the next ones at 9 etc. then you and other people can see how much you liked Code Geass compared to Mobile Suit Gundam 00 for example, and see which you liked more. Unfortunately the rating system is slightly more complicated than the "I enjoyed it"/"I didn't enjoy it" system you seem to be thinking of.

I understand and respect your opinion... but did you try to throw wanna-be witty flame bait on that last sentence? I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be rude, so I will ignore that.

My previous post doesn't contain my opinion about this thread at all. It was simply me telling someone that they can rate anime however they want.

Please re-read the post of mine that you quoted. Now could you kindly tell me where in that post that I said anything about the rating system being simple? All that I was saying is that there's nothing wrong with people rating things based on how they enjoyed it and that everyone one else should get off of their backs and quit trying to get everyone to think and rate like them.

If their ratings bother you so much, you could ummmmm... ignore them maybe? I'm sure much less than 1% of all the users rate like this, and unless you've just been looking for them, you could probably count the amount of people who you've seen do this, outside of this thread, on your fingers.

This thread is not going to change the thought process of people who give out a ton of tens anyway. In fact, chances are that they will ignore this thread.

I actually have negative opinions to rate all 10's, but that doesn't mean that its okay to force one's own rating value's and "rules" upon them. If you have enough time to quote me and elaborate a response, then you probably have 30 seconds to check my actual opinion on this page.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

Jan 21, 2012 8:23 PM

To each their own, but those people are usually the ones who have only recently started with anime, or just havent seen much of it yet.

On the other hand there are those who've been watching for years and gone through burnouts and rate things much more critically than they maybe ought to because anime just isnt as "magical" as it once was.

Jan 21, 2012 9:19 PM

I seem to give a lot of 9's a 10 to me is an anime I think about days after I finished it. Its been four months since i finished Clannad and I still think of it.

Jan 26, 2012 3:55 AM

I think they're too easily satisfied and probably assume they haven't really seen a lot of anime which offers different qualities to be able to compare them properly. (of course in their opinion) Wording is a bit strange but that's the idea.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]