Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of users rating 10s to almost everything they watched?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 8, 2012 4:03 PM

Jan 2008
10/10-spammer reporting in. Mean score = 8.7. Percentage of 10/10 = about 33%.

Do I care? Sure, maybe my first day here. It just started with me building up my list on my first day and... I added one or two 10s then. Then I found a lot of animes through this site that were a lot better... I couldn't rate them 14 or 17, to bothersome to redo the list... so I just gave hem a 10.

Now, I don't take it so seriously. I start every anime thinking "I'm gonna love this anime as much as I can", not "I'm gonna critic this anime"... seriously, what's the point of that? Who would I be doing that for? ... not myself...

I never visit the forums until after the anime is finished and my score is set, the forums ALWAYS ruin my enjoyment.

I say live and let live, never have the thought come across my mind to critic how other people rate their animes... no matter how they do it. Only thing I'd object to is a raid where people deliberately try to manipulate rankings in a big way.

Jan 8, 2012 4:13 PM

Nov 2010
i rate 10 a lot... everything? hell no!
i tend to not start things i might not like (or not finish it and don't list it in my dropped pile) i also won't substract points based on visuals or lack of background music. instead i give points on personal enjoyment and story (again personal opinion)
Jan 8, 2012 5:11 PM

Sep 2008
I think a more concerning line of logic is the people who never give 10s and justify this with a narcissistic and asinine thinking that "hurrr nothing is perfect there for nothing deserves a 10"

but they often ignore the fact that, making a 10 impossible negating the need for a 10 point scale, and in fact just makes there 9 now representative of what a 10 once was.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 9, 2012 6:26 AM

Feb 2008
They lack artistic taste.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jan 9, 2012 7:53 AM

Dec 2009
Lemonaded said:
I envy them.

Yeah, I wish I could enjoy everything I watch so I could finish them faster.
Jan 9, 2012 8:09 AM
Nov 2010
I'm one of those who rate shows too high... Why I do it? I enjoy them, it's pretty unlikely for me to want to watch a show that I don't like... Yes, I rate it by the level of enjoyment I have... Even though I do have quite something to say about things such as the art, I don't bother putting it into my scores(or otherwise, things such as the big three of shounen, for example, wouldn't have a 10 :P)...
Jan 9, 2012 9:28 AM

Jun 2009
Is this topic still not dead, yet? Well it should be.
Jan 9, 2012 11:42 AM

Oct 2011
Well I do give a lot of 10's . Because I love some characters . Yeah that is got to be the reason . Well , being amused easly nice and all but ,you feel bad when that show ends , seeing bad things or low rates about it , fan-boy rage :d . Damn those awesome characters like Tomoyo in Clannad . WHY U NO main character !?!?!?
Jan 9, 2012 12:15 PM

Nov 2008
I'm just wondering, do you really love everything so much, it's impossible to grade it or are you just lazy and could probably split your 10s into 2 or 3 groups if you tried?

I'd also like to mention that criticism and fun aren't mutually exclusive. I'm positive I enjoyed dissecting Tatami Galaxy a lot more than I enjoyed consuming Bleach a few years ago.
Jan 9, 2012 12:19 PM

May 2010
10's not a score that should be meted out so liberally but it's also not the unapproachable standard of perfection many make it out to be

One of the silliest things is that many people seem to grant that opinions are by and large subjective, yet perfection is impossible even on subjective terms

that is retarded aaaaaand I'm literally just rambling via text now
Jan 9, 2012 12:21 PM

Jul 2007
Generally I think that their list is VERY inaccurate. There's nigh to nothing worth a total 10/10 , because it would mean that NOTHING AT ALL irritated you in the show and that you thought the show was perfect the way it was.

If one rates something a 10, one better know damn right well on WHY he does that or the whole watching anime will be just childish pass-time method of wandering aimlessly through piles of kitsch.
Jan 9, 2012 2:40 PM

Dec 2011
Fai said:
Generally I think that their list is VERY inaccurate. There's nigh to nothing worth a total 10/10 , because it would mean that NOTHING AT ALL irritated you in the show and that you thought the show was perfect the way it was.

To be honest though it would still make more sense than your list does.

edit so as to explain and not seem to be randomly trolling: what kind of a person, after dropping an anime very near the start and giving it a 1/10, then picks up the sequel for one episode seemingly just so that they can give THAT a 1/10 as well?
kuuderes_shadowJan 9, 2012 2:48 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 9, 2012 2:46 PM

Sep 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
Fai said:

To be honest though it would still make more sense than your list does.

The scales used on MAL is 1-10, Fai uses 1-10 on the scale. Only using 10 on this scale makes less sense than using the entire scale.

Jan 9, 2012 2:51 PM

May 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
Fai said:

what kind of a person, after dropping an anime very near the start and giving it a 1/10, then picks up the sequel for one episode seemingly just so that they can give THAT a 1/10 as well?

that is the kind of person I think of when folks begin to wax philosophical about how everything new is shit
Jan 9, 2012 3:05 PM

Jun 2011
what kind of person drops 07 ghost after 4 episodes and gives it a 5/10

and then sits through 64 episodes of dragonball GT and gives it 1/10 (among others)
Jan 9, 2012 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
Slurpentine said:
10's not a score that should be meted out so liberally but it's also not the unapproachable standard of perfection many make it out to be

One of the silliest things is that many people seem to grant that opinions are by and large subjective, yet perfection is impossible even on subjective terms

i think the problem is people see 10/10 as needing to be perfect, yes a 10/10 does imply that but we also must take in mind it is flat out impossible for anything to be perfect,

it may be just for me but a 10/10 is a show that doesnt have any significant flaws at all but that only score its a 9, to be a 10 it needs to do something that makes the show its own, not just doing something unique but just somehow doing something that makes it its own and it sticks with you after its done, like you get goosebumps thinkign back on not just a certain scene but goosebumps thinking back on the entire anime.

if you could understand any of that ill try to sum it up if you didnt, 10/10 in a technical sense is impossible so we should just be a tad bit forgiving and by a tad i mean EXTREMLY SMALL bit forgiving, ive given out more 10's than people will agree with but ive legitimently thought over which ones were 10's and which were 9's, those shows ive given 10's while in a moderately large amount (11%) i do mean that those shows are 10's, and aside from 1/10's and 2/10 i use everything else on the score board so i dont give everything passing scores, i think i got more below average than above honestly,(i dont give 2's cause iv never found a show that bad and i dont use 1's cause i think its flat out impossible for a show to be unwatchable cause hey you watched it in order to judge it)

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 9, 2012 3:29 PM

Apr 2010
They are very lucky. It means they find exactly what they like very easily. May I be jealous?

Jan 9, 2012 3:32 PM

Sep 2011
EfiChan said:
They are very lucky. It means they find exactly what they like very easily. May I be jealous?
you jealous yet your one of them? 35% of your anime have a 10/10 rating, 62% more have the 9/10 rating

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 9, 2012 3:34 PM

May 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Slurpentine said:

i think the problem is people see 10/10 as needing to be perfect, yes a 10/10 does imply that but we also must take in mind it is flat out impossible for anything to be perfect,

it may be just for me but a 10/10 is a show that doesnt have any significant flaws at all but that only score its a 9, to be a 10 it needs to do something that makes the show its own, not just doing something unique but just somehow doing something that makes it its own and it sticks with you after its done, like you get goosebumps thinkign back on not just a certain scene but goosebumps thinking back on the entire anime.

if you could understand any of that ill try to sum it up if you didnt, 10/10 in a technical sense is impossible so we should just be a tad bit forgiving and by a tad i mean EXTREMLY SMALL bit forgiving, ive given out more 10's than people will agree with but ive legitimently thought over which ones were 10's and which were 9's, those shows ive given 10's while in a moderately large amount (11%) i do mean that those shows are 10's, and aside from 1/10's and 2/10 i use everything else on the score board so i dont give everything passing scores, i think i got more below average than above honestly,(i dont give 2's cause iv never found a show that bad and i dont use 1's cause i think its flat out impossible for a show to be unwatchable cause hey you watched it in order to judge it)

I see what you mean and I respect that you put some thought into your review scale but like I said, if we agree values like "good" and "bad" are subjective why can't we see an extreme good value, such as Perfection, as also being subjective? Same thing for "Abysmal" works that'd score a 1/10 and such
Jan 9, 2012 3:43 PM

Jan 2012
I think of them as wise persons,because they only watch what they like.
Oi?Hows going?
Im pleased that you are paying attention to my signature
Ahaha,thanks for your time,i hope you to have a perfect life
-Yanguria
Jan 9, 2012 4:20 PM

Mar 2011
This is my graph of course, which shows a spread.

10 - ███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 04 *(2%)
09 - ██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 17 *(8%)
08 - ██████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 30 (13%)
07 - █████████████████████████░░░░░ - 42 (19%)
06 - ██████████████████████████████ - 51 (23%)
05 - ██████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 29 (13%)
04 - ███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 25 (11%)
03 - ████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 20 *(9%)
02 - █████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 07 *(3%)
01 - ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ - 00 *(0%)
(generated with MALgraph on Jan 9th, 2012)

I think that's fine, not a lot of 10's, but they are there. There are no 1's, because there has been nothing that literally has no merit (no, I haven't watched Mars of destruction or whatever it was called).

I've said this before, but here goes: I think it's stupid, and it pushes up the ratings of shows which aren't that good. Also, if you see their lists, you can't tell which shows they liked more than others. Half the point of ratings is to show what sort of ranking you give shows, but if they're all 10, it's impossible to see. What's the point of rating them if you're just going to give them all 10?
Jan 9, 2012 4:49 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:

If one rates something a 10, one better know damn right well on WHY he does that or the whole watching anime will be just childish pass-time method of wandering aimlessly through piles of kitsch.

Everyone's definition of a 10 is different. There is never going to be an anime out there with no flaws, perfect, uncliche characters, original plots, etc. If you're saying its "nigh to nothing" then why don't they just take out the 10?

& what's so childish about watching an anime to pass time? I'm sure people did that all the time before they came on MaL. What, now that we're on it we can only watch anime to post it and rate it?
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Jan 9, 2012 5:03 PM

Jan 2008
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
I'm just wondering, do you really love everything so much, it's impossible to grade it or are you just lazy and could probably split your 10s into 2 or 3 groups if you tried?

Your last theory is probably the most correct one, but I hate to use the word "lazy". In my opinion, 10 means "this is pretty much as good as anime can be", I have always rated by comparison. So every time I found something that shattered that roof... it was to damn bothersome to re-arrange 100+ titles... so I didn't.

If there had been a bump-down feature (you know a button that pushes down all titles by one point just because you've discovered an old anime that blows the rest away) then things might have looked a bit different.

But as I said earlier, I don't care that much about it nowadays. Since I've noticed that the over-all quality of the show seems to change when I re-watch a show and based on what mood I'm in that day, splitting 10s into nines and tens doesn't make much sense now. For me, such a detailed score could change depending on whether I finished it on a Monday or a Saturday. And even if it didn't, it's not like I can measure such a thing with a graduated cylinder.
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
I'd also like to mention that criticism and fun aren't mutually exclusive. I'm positive I enjoyed dissecting Tatami Galaxy a lot more than I enjoyed consuming Bleach a few years ago.
I do believe that many enjoy watching animes that way, but that's usually not the best way for me.

In the end, I'm a selfish bastard who rates and tracks animes for my own sake. Rarely do I take a minute to think "how will this rating affect my fellow MAL-users" before pressing the update-button.......

Jan 9, 2012 5:11 PM

Mar 2007
How about when users rate something like Code Geass Recaps a perfect score of 10? *lol*
Jan 9, 2012 5:30 PM

May 2010
to expand on what I said I earlier people who think a 10 should never be used are fucking stupid
Jan 9, 2012 6:13 PM
Jan 2008
Yep most of em are new to anime..or they're just making it 10 due to spur of the moment
Jan 9, 2012 6:56 PM

Jul 2007
kuuderes_shadow said:

edit so as to explain and not seem to be randomly trolling: what kind of a person, after dropping an anime very near the start and giving it a 1/10, then picks up the sequel for one episode seemingly just so that they can give THAT a 1/10 as well?

Thats called giving it a second chance, mate. A lot of people have tendencies to go all "oh but wait, the fiction work A gets better after those 467465 episodes". If I utterly hate a show and yet someone whines on how it gets better, I have every right to go and check out the supposedly latter parts. If the same flaws exist then that anime goes to the trashbin alongside its "father", if it did get better, then oh well, re-evaluation time.

And yes, there's a whole scale to rate stuff. perfection might be nigh unachievable, but bottom is something that can be hit very fast and easy.

SilentMelodies said:

Everyone's definition of a 10 is different. There is never going to be an anime out there with no flaws, perfect, uncliche characters, original plots, etc. If you're saying its "nigh to nothing" then why don't they just take out the 10?

& what's so childish about watching an anime to pass time? I'm sure people did that all the time before they came on MaL. What, now that we're on it we can only watch anime to post it and rate it?

Your first paragraph is EXACTLY why one should weigh their 10s very carefully. EVERYONE is a different person. Just punching out best scores to everything actually implies you agree with everything and like everything, which in itself is not only impossible but very very shallow, not to mention dishonest to self.

Why don't they take out 9's then? or 8's after they took out 9's? and so till they take out entire scale. You see, thats the thing. Rating systems always have min and max and as even real life proves, its a whole lot more easy to maximally fail than be maximally perfect.

And your second paragraph, well, if you are watching some show just because you have nothing else to do to pass time then you should also rate it accordingly.
Jan 9, 2012 7:21 PM

May 2011
if i think the experience was worth a 10 then yes i will give it. tho very few anime move me enough to give a 10 :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2012 10:17 PM

Jul 2009
As long as they dont give Naruto a 10, i do not care.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2012 12:09 AM

Dec 2008
Usually it doesn't bug me at all, though I'm trying to figure which is worse - to give everything you watched 10/10 or give 10/10 to nothing. :O
While I'm ok with the first case, I think the latter screams "Look at those stupid Japanese, they can never come up with anything good enough for my genius mind"... so yeah. The second type is worse and does annoy me, lol. I guess they should move on to the movies/cinema etc. things they really like and forget about anime.

I give only 3 ratings (5, 9 and 10) cause every time I try to rate differently, it automatically falls under one of these three categories. :x
Jan 10, 2012 12:26 AM

Sep 2010
aoumi said:
While I'm ok with the first case, I think the latter screams "Look at those stupid Japanese, they can never come up with anything good enough for my genius mind"... so yeah.

As if 9 is no longer good. You would be the sort of person that this thread is talking about except that you take it to a further asinine level of not just tossing out 10s like they are the norm but you includes 5s in an even more meaningless and average skewing way.

Jan 10, 2012 12:35 AM

Dec 2008
Can't help it since for me it's always either average (5), great (9) or masterpiece (10). If I give 7 or 8, it's basically another 5...
Jan 10, 2012 2:29 AM

Dec 2011
Fai said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Thats called giving it a second chance, mate. A lot of people have tendencies to go all "oh but wait, the fiction work A gets better after those 467465 episodes". If I utterly hate a show and yet someone whines on how it gets better, I have every right to go and check out the supposedly latter parts. If the same flaws exist then that anime goes to the trashbin alongside its "father", if it did get better, then oh well, re-evaluation time.

How can you expect to be able to follow a story after skipping that many (non-filler) episodes though? Especially with just watching a single episode?
Plus "it gets better" doesn't mean "it gets better from the very first episode".

It should probably be obvious that I'm referring to Clannad: After Story (although there are plenty of similar examples in your list), and I'll use that as an example. The best bit of that is from episode 16-21. But I don't recommend you watching that either. It would mean nothing to you as you haven't had time to be able to build up any attachment to the characters.

Note that I'm not saying that you have no right to rate it as a 1/10 if you want (though I can't understand why - if any show deserves the title of "masterpiece" it is that one), but from watching that little, without the crucial background of the first series, there's no way you could ever truly enjoy it. And that should have been obvious before you even started.

Just like I would never think of picking up Gintama', even if it is the single highest rated anime on the site. I dropped Gintama after just 20 episodes, so I have no way of understanding the situation.

In fact I would argue that any rating given to an anime series after watching just one episode is meaningless. There are so many great anime that have a slow first episode, or where said first episode doesn't make sense. If I have only watched one episode of a series then I don't even consider myself to have seen the series at all - it stays, unrated, on my "plan to watch" list. I did that in the past for Lucky Star, and currently have it for Ouran High School Host Club.

And yes, there have been series (Lucky Star and Fairy Tail) where the first episode would be doing well to have got a 3/10 from me, but I grew to like them and they both ended up with 7s. On the other hand, Sailor Moon just got ever more painful and I dropped it after 4 episodes with my only (so far) 1/10 rating. There's just no way you can tell from the first episode alone.

At least people who give out ridiculous amounts of 10s actually (usually) watched the anime, understood it, and decided they liked it.

I know I haven't watched as many anime as many people on this site, but I don't see any of the above changing.

KyonSmith said:
As long as they dont give Naruto a 10, i do not care.

The same goes to you. How can you honestly say that after watching one episode in a 220 episode series? You haven't seen enough of it to say something like that. Not that anyone could really say that sort of thing about any series - different people have different tastes so there could always be someone who picks up the worst anime ever (which is NOT Naruto) and honestly considers it to be a masterpiece.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 10, 2012 2:51 AM

Dec 2009
I'm one of them x3
But I rate it based on my enjoyment and how good it was "to me" (for "my" tastes in anime)

Though in the future when I'll be more smart and have more vocabulary, and with more knowledge of an anime (the soundtrack, analyzing it, the background, the characters, etc.) I'm gonna rate my animes & mangas with more "standards" in them.
Jan 10, 2012 6:09 AM

Jul 2011
I suppose they don't feel the desire to think critically about what they've watched, and that seems fine to me. The issue is that if you hand out a 10 to everything you watch, the significance is lost when you give a 10 to something truly worth it. At any rate, I'm actually a little jealous of people who are so easy to please!

EDIT: Just noticed the unintentional 'at any rate' pun. Hah, I'm so funny.
cleyranJan 11, 2012 12:59 AM
Jan 10, 2012 11:41 AM

Oct 2010
Ok, a few things that have been said...

-The association that "because this guy has 50 10/10 ratings in 120 entries he is not able to think critically" is simply not true. Think whatever you want, it won't change the fact that there is one thing called ratings and another thing called critical analysis, and they are completely independent factors. You can give 50 10/10s and explain your thoughts way better than another guy who has a basic Gaussian distribution.

-Many of you are also assuming that your definition of 10/10 is my definition or anybody else's and that's again false. We are arguing about something completely subjective in its interpretation, there is not a rule we have to follow and I don't care if you describe the rating as "unapproachable perfection" because I DON'T.

-There is not a fair amount of "negativity" in ratings that makes you a better critic. If you believe that you are fooling yourself... because not liking stuff is not in any way a proof to show your critical skills. In fact, I could argue the contrary -but I won't- as people who give a lot of 10/10s supposedly would know how to enjoy and extract fun and interest of many different types of anime, and that is not exactly bad.

-And I have read that you don't know which is their favorite if they put a lot of 10/10s... Why should I make clear which is my favorite to you if it is my list, made by myself and for me? And to contradict the example, how can I differentiate between the levels of "averageness" or "goodness" that your high bunch of 6 or 7 ratings have? Why should I anyway? With a 1-10 scale rating, this sort of things will happen with potentially every number in the scale.
Jan 10, 2012 11:59 AM

Sep 2010
I rate mostly based on enjoyment along with a couple other things.

I don't care if people rate almost all their anime a 10/10 as long as they are truly enjoying the series and not just giving them out to try and boost MAL's overall score so whatever floats their boats I guess.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 10, 2012 12:27 PM

Dec 2011
Like its been said before, if someone gives out a lot of 10's, then they liked what they saw. A lot. More power to them.

MAL has kind of ruined how I enjoy anime, due to threads like this one though. I can't watch an anime without feeling like a freaking judge now. Every time something funny happens or when an episode ends, I'm now like "Hey this anime is pretty funny, it feels like a "7" so far. Or when bad animation or dull scenes happen, I end up thinking "Wow, this is boring and has poor animation. It feels like a "5". I can't simply enjoy the darn show as carefree as I could before.

Oh, and for the record, I'm one of the people who has never given out a 10. I'm open to it, but when I give out a 10, I'm basically saying that there is nothing better out there, or there are maybe a few anime that will tie at most. Not saying it has to be perfect. (in my ranking opinion.)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2012 12:32 PM
Feb 2011
They're free to rate anything they watched however they want. Can't say I care that much about that, but sometimes it's just fun to argue, with someone, who has rated a bad show in all aspects so by a 10
Jan 10, 2012 1:26 PM

Jan 2010
I'd definitely envy a person who could enjoy anything they'd watch.
Jan 10, 2012 1:41 PM

Aug 2011
I have quite a few shows at 10s. Why? Because they kept me enjoyed on every single episode. Not a dull one in them. I easily enjoy anime so most of mine don't go below a 7 or 8.
Jan 10, 2012 5:27 PM
Dec 2011
Well everything I have watched on my list, easily deserves a 9 or a 10, simply because of the story, plots, detail, character developments... for the most part. I am very picky as to what anime I watch also, and it seems that when I saw the ratings for them, other people have agreed with me.
Jan 10, 2012 5:29 PM

Nov 2011
Well, there are people whose favorite anime is the last watched. It happens to me sometimes. For example I watch Bleach, the episode was so good that it becomes my favorite anime so far and then at last, I watch one episode of One Piece, I think like bleach is not even comparable to One Piece.
Jan 11, 2012 2:47 PM

Mar 2007
aoumi said:
Can't help it since for me it's always either average (5), great (9) or masterpiece (10). If I give 7 or 8, it's basically another 5...

How does a 7(good) and an 8(very good) go down to a 5(average)? O_o

When I rate, I have to use every # on the scale(1-10). It bothers me if I don't. I have mostly 6's, 7's and 8's. I'm also one of those that have very few 10's because I want my favorite series(Hunter X Hunter) to stand out more.

I do think it's interesting how everyone has their own way of rating. It would be boring if everyone rated the same way.
Jan 11, 2012 3:18 PM

Mar 2011
aoumi said:

Don't you enjoy some of the animes that you gave a 5 more than others you gave a 5. If you did, why not give it a 6? I can't believe that you think all the anime you give a 5 to are as good as each other.

Don't you ever have below average ones?
Jan 11, 2012 3:28 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Thats called giving it a second chance, mate.
that is one of the most moronic things ive ver heard, you dont give a show a seocnd chance by PICKING UP THE FUCKING SEQUEL, in code geass for example there are 23 episodes of very important plot in between so if they were to skip that itd probably be the most confusing thing ever,

when you watch a show when you have a bad episode in between a good one you dont just skip randomly to a episode 10 eps later,

and also, dropping shows let alone rating them overall over 1 episode is pitiful, its like basing a game off a demo or deciding how good a movie is off of a trailer

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 11, 2012 3:30 PM

Oct 2010
The same way I feel about people who make topics like these. Dumb
Jan 11, 2012 3:59 PM

Nov 2009
If people hate giving out 10's so much, you'd best get onto the admins and tell them to remove that 10 from the list, since anyone who uses it is pretty much slandered for the stupidest of reasons.

Eventually giving out a 1 will be like the end of the human race if people are too afraid to give out 10's now.
Jan 11, 2012 4:07 PM

Sep 2010
fezakyuu said:

Eventually giving out a 1 will be like the end of the human race if people are too afraid to give out 10's now.

If you are going to assume that people who don't give out 10s are afraid then you should assume the same for people who don't use any assortment of numbers 1-9 as well.

Jan 11, 2012 4:20 PM
Jul 2010
They're happy, content people (:

But really, everyone has different criterion for a good anime and everyone judges differently. You get the generous and the harsh, there's nothing more to say really.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

22 by Ex-Aid »»
5 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 1 hour ago

11 by Rhaelynne »»
7 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 3 hours ago

33 by Hitagi__Furude »»
16 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

65 by Gator »»
19 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Yesterday

5 by Nemo_Niemand »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.