Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of users rating 10s to almost everything they watched?

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Jan 3, 2012 10:43 AM

not sure if this thread already exist, feel free to remove if it exist though.

as the title said, what are your thoughts?

Edit: i create this thread to ask for everyones opinions. so of course one would disagree with another. everyone here think differently
and if you dont really intend to participate the discussion, then just dont.
Modified by vongola1314, Jan 3, 2012 1:25 PM

Jan 3, 2012 10:45 AM

I think those are the kind of people who are too easily amused, and have the inability to see any faults in anything they watch. Showing a critical lack of good judgment.

It's their enjoyment, their choice in the end. But having some standards wouldn't hurt.

Jan 3, 2012 10:46 AM

if i want to watch an anime..normally i don´t look at the rating...sometimes there are animes that are awesome and are rated so badly...
Duh.

Jan 3, 2012 10:47 AM

10 for almost everything they watched.. hmm that's little bit too much.
I see this just impossible to give every title score 10.. there is boring shows too for sure, I don't know though how they gave points to shows.

This is just my option, everyone got own options.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…"

Jan 3, 2012 10:48 AM

I envy them.

Jan 3, 2012 10:49 AM

trinity12 said:
if i want to watch an anime..normally i don´t look at the rating...sometimes there are animes that are awesome and are rated so badly...

?

Jan 3, 2012 10:53 AM

I think they're completely entitled to however they want to rate a show and won't consider them anymore then users and people. That's my politically correct answer, my personal opinion is that's abit erroneous and silly, but they're still entitled to it.

Jan 3, 2012 10:54 AM

I think they are relatively new to anime and enthusiastic and will learn to be more discerning as they go along.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

Jan 3, 2012 10:56 AM

Yeah, they're lucky.

Jan 3, 2012 10:58 AM

I can't take them seriously when it comes to arguing about the qualities of a show. Other than that: I don't care.

Jan 3, 2012 11:01 AM

I don't mind if they enjoy anime that much they should give it 10's.
For myself i only give 10's to anime i really enjoyed watching.

Jan 3, 2012 11:02 AM
#1 Chihaya Fan

I don't care, it's their opinion and it doesn't affect how I feel about the series that I have watched.

Jan 3, 2012 11:07 AM

Lemonaded said:
I envy them.

Strangely, I do too.

Jan 3, 2012 11:08 AM

Anime_Name said:
trinity12 said:

?

= i dont care about the people who gave all the 10-ratings

..sry for my bad english ...
Duh.

Jan 3, 2012 11:08 AM

They probably aren't really thinking about it much when they give out scores. If they don't want to score seriously then that's their choice but I do find it hard to take them seriously when all of their scores are 9-10.

Jan 3, 2012 11:11 AM

I don't think anything about it, really. It just shows that they really liked the show, which is a good thing.

Jan 3, 2012 11:13 AM

trinity12 said:
Anime_Name said:
trinity12 said:

?

Well I thought we were talking about specific kinds of people that only, or mostly give out 10s not anime that have 10s.

Jan 3, 2012 11:16 AM

Doesn't really matter its your rating on something that's subjective, you cant argue the quality of it because it is subjective. Plus i don't think too many people care about the ratings as they shouldn't or we'd all be followers watching the same thing.

Jan 3, 2012 11:22 AM

Anime_Name said:
trinity12 said:
Anime_Name said:
trinity12 said:

?

Well I thought we were talking about specific kinds of people that only, or mostly give out 10s not anime that have 10s.

well ...i mean ...if i see those people...i just dont think anything xD
Duh.

Jan 3, 2012 11:25 AM

ElDeviant said:
Doesn't really matter its your rating on something that's subjective, you cant argue the quality of it because it is subjective.
Well, yes, enjoyment is subjective.
But I do believe in objectiveness to some extent.

Jan 3, 2012 11:35 AM

Those people are sillier than fuck. Mentality on the same level with retarded frog-squirrels.
weh

Jan 3, 2012 11:43 AM

ElDeviant said:
Doesn't really matter its your rating on something that's subjective, you cant argue the quality of it because it is subjective. Plus i don't think too many people care about the ratings as they shouldn't or we'd all be followers watching the same thing.
rating an anime a straight 10 gives the overall a higher rating. so imagine there are tons of users here rating 10s to most of the shows they watched (including the ones you dislike/hate). as the anime's rating and popularity increased and they end up in top 100, that's when you start to think it is overrated. and thus this thread is made.

Jan 3, 2012 11:51 AM

I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

If they all died, the world would be a better place.

Jesus Christ, I would really love to kill them all, I'd do it too.

Amirite?

Jan 3, 2012 11:51 AM

they don't understand a 1-10 scale.

they are trolls.

or they just like everything equally. in which case i ask... where the hell are these people in real life??
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.

Jan 3, 2012 11:52 AM

A lot of people rate simply by enjoyment without adding any other variables to the ratings such as story/character/art/music/etc. As long as they enjoyed it to the fullest, it'll probably be a 8~10 no problem for them.

I usually do this as well sadly, as I'm far to lazy to go through each episode and rate it every single department. Though it's not like I 10 everything I enjoyed but my scores tend do tend to be higher. You can just consider the 5 to 10 ratings a 1 to 5 while anything under is negative. Lol.
Modified by Paul, Jan 3, 2012 11:57 AM

Jan 3, 2012 11:57 AM

well, i dislike it when they voted 10 because the animu is either very popular or just a 'okay' for them...o3o;

Jan 3, 2012 11:57 AM

when its all 10's then they should rethink i but in the end i dont think i should judge cause i felt really bad not giving 10's to many shows, im tchnicly one of the all 10's people since i have about 13 tens(i got a 6.8 rating currently, i think it went up)

its people that give everything 1-3's just to be strict and not actually being honest that really piss me

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 3, 2012 11:58 AM

Paul said:
A lot of people rate simply by enjoyment without adding any other variables to the ratings such as story/character/art/music/etc. As long as they enjoyed it to the fullest, it'll probably be a 8~10 no problem for them.

I usually do this as well sadly, as I'm far to lazy to go through each episode and rate it every single department.

Even if you can ignore glaring plot holes and gigantic flaws for the sake of enjoyment (hell I do this a fair bit myself) I think it's still rather hard to give everything a 9-10. I think most people who do this just don't place much importance on rating period and just use 10/10 as a sort of 'like button'.

Jan 3, 2012 12:00 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
its people that give everything 1-3's just to be strict and not actually being honest that really piss me

C'mon, there's a lot to love in those people.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AAAtierTripfag

Jan 3, 2012 12:05 PM

easily the most credible user ive ever seen in all of mal, you know what, just close all our accounts cause all we need is this guy's word

though e gave welcome to the NHK a 10 so he cant be all that bad

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 3, 2012 12:07 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
im tchnicly one of the all 10's people since i have about 13 tens(i got a 6.8 rating currently, i think it went up)

6.8 ain't that bad.. i've seen mean score of 8.8 though~! that's a loot higher~ >->;;

Jan 3, 2012 12:13 PM

I don't mind them nearly as much as the people who refuse to give a 10 to ANYTHING, because "nothing is perfect". I do try to limit my 10s to truly amazing works, and the more I see the more 10s I stumble upon.

Jan 3, 2012 12:15 PM

Psyche_Izaya said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
im tchnicly one of the all 10's people since i have about 13 tens(i got a 6.8 rating currently, i think it went up)

6.8 ain't that bad.. i've seen mean score of 8.8 though~! that's a loot higher~ >->;;
no im actually kinda glad my score is 6.8, i think its not to harsh anymore but not to high either, 6.5-7.2 is what i kinda want to keep it at but thats just preference, im not gonna let it get in the way of my scores so even if i do end u watching nothing but godly anime in a row and my score raised like 8 points if i rate them according too how good i felt they were then im going to do it anyway. im sur eill see something shitty anyways afterwords that'd bring it down,, cause from the looks of it lower scores are much mor epowerful than the 10's are to your overall score

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 3, 2012 12:21 PM

These people must be the happiest ones in the anime fandom, really.

Jan 3, 2012 12:22 PM

Bob_Squob said:
I don't mind them nearly as much as the people who refuse to give a 10 to ANYTHING, because "nothing is perfect". I do try to limit my 10s to truly amazing works, and the more I see the more 10s I stumble upon.

Which is better; person who uses ratings from 1 to 9 or person who uses ratings from 8 to 10?

Imo, person who uses only like 3 ratings, should use 4/10, 5/10 and 6/10. Not 8, 9 and 10. Using only high ratings doesn't make sense and those don't even mean anything then. 10/10 is masterpiece only when one handles 5/10 as an average score.
weh

Jan 3, 2012 12:22 PM

dont get mad at him..he is 82 years old.....but someone who names himself hitler just can go to hell -.-
Modified by vtuan10, Jan 3, 2012 12:26 PM
Duh.

Jan 3, 2012 12:23 PM

>caring about ratings

Surely these people do not give a fuck. They enjoy the shows they watch and that is what matters.

Jan 3, 2012 12:29 PM

I'm pretty sure there will be arguments about how people should use the ratings on this site even after the universe ceases to exist.

Jan 3, 2012 12:31 PM

It can be pretty annoying to recommend stuff to them when such people post on the recommendation boards. There again, if they have scores like that, it generally means they are looking for an action or romance anime anyway, and I generally don't post in those threads since I don't watch many anime from either genre.

Apart from that, they probably don't realize the implications of their scoring system. As in, if they rate 40 anime 9/10, then it implies that they enjoyed all 40 anime about the same, or that that they think the 40 anime are about the same in quality, even if neither of those statements is true in their mind.

And yes, ignorant people are probably happier than wise/educated people.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[

Jan 3, 2012 12:34 PM

grandy_UiD said:
I'm pretty sure there will be arguments about how people should use the ratings on this site even after the universe ceases to exist.

Pretty much. If you are on this site then read, understand, and use the MAL scale as intended.
If you are going to re-invent the wheel then you should do so with your own tools and resources instead.

Jan 3, 2012 12:36 PM

I find it quite funny and I don't think I could have a serious discussion with them about anything, but then the same goes for people who give ridiculously low scores for everything. Still, nothing worth getting worked up about.

Jan 3, 2012 12:41 PM

Bob_Squob said:
I used to be like this, but certain works changed my mindset. Especially Tatami Galaxy. There have been some other 10s on my list, but TG is the only one that's here to stay.
I'm also sure when I rewatch Grave of the Fireflies it'll get a 10. And maybe Skull Man, too.

Jan 3, 2012 12:44 PM

People care about others this much on this site?
Good god I'm laughing my ass off.
Let people be people.

Jan 3, 2012 12:45 PM

IllegalCyrus said:
Let people be people.

Agreed.

Jan 3, 2012 12:47 PM

Foggle said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Let people be people.

Agreed.
Well said.

Jan 3, 2012 12:48 PM

Foggle said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Let people be people.

Agreed.
Poor asses.

Jan 3, 2012 1:03 PM

Foggle said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Let people be people.

Agreed.

You can't just "agree" with that. If we could agree on something, then there wouldn't be all this fun we have right now. This thread is about how everyone disagrees with everyone and everything else. So don't just go agreeing with someone.

Jan 3, 2012 1:05 PM

Okazaki93 said:
I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

If they all died, the world would be a better place.

Jesus Christ, I would really love to kill them all, I'd do it too.

Amirite?

I lol'd
truth is, i quite do agree with you. Some people are really weird to score 10 everything they "think cool"
Also guys who never rate under 8 make me rage a lot. (but I don't want to kill them, I won't go that far :p )

Jan 3, 2012 1:08 PM

grandy_UiD said:
Foggle said:
IllegalCyrus said:
Let people be people.

Agreed.

You can't just "agree" with that. If we could agree on something, then there wouldn't be all this fun we have right now. This thread is about how everyone disagrees with everyone and everything else. So don't just go agreeing with someone.

I completely disagree. I think everyone should agree with each others no matter what.
weh

Jan 3, 2012 1:10 PM

Ratings don't mean anything anyway. Some people just take it way too seriously
I like big cookies and i cannot lie~~~

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »