Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2008 9:56 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, I wanted them to be friends.

...Forgot what show I was watching...
Aug 14, 2008 1:38 AM
Dec 2007
Great episode!
Aug 14, 2008 12:28 PM

Apr 2007
interesting to see that they were equally skilled on the sniper.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 14, 2008 4:53 PM

May 2007
I honestly didn't like this episode as much as the previous episodes..just didn't seem like I was watching Golgo 13.
Aug 14, 2008 6:12 PM

Oct 2007
You could tell right when the other dude appeared that the episode was gonna come down to a showdown, and of course it was gonna end like that. Still, an enjoyable episode, as usual.

Aug 15, 2008 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
Just as predictable but awesome as always.
Aug 15, 2008 5:17 PM

Aug 2007
awesome moment when the other guy jumps from the balcony with a fancy explosion,
then Golgo just looks at his watch and waits for his explosion, bigger and better.
Aug 17, 2008 9:56 AM
Dec 2007
Axersia said:
Just as predictable but awesome as always.

I second. Golgo 13 is my little guilty pleasure since this spring ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 21, 2008 12:11 PM

Apr 2007
pietel said:
awesome moment when the other guy jumps from the balcony with a fancy explosion,
then Golgo just looks at his watch and waits for his explosion, bigger and better.

Also, golgo missing his shot was a shock. but it's all good he made up the mistake by throwing knife xD
noelhoiAug 21, 2008 12:21 PM
Sep 3, 2008 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
noelhoi said:
pietel said:

Also, golgo missing his shot was a shock. but it's all good he made up the mistake by throwing knife xD

Well, I think it might've been an intentional miss. The other dude did say something along the lines, "Oh, so that's what you were going for the whole time." When Golgo 13 threw the knife lol. Regardless, it was a good episode but as what was previously stated everything was pretty obvious on how things would play out. That almost is always the case though with Golgo 13 since he's never going to lose.

Also, is anyone else annoyed with how slow the releases are coming along?? Episode 21 is already out!

Sep 12, 2008 4:04 PM
Jun 2008
Its been weeks since a new golgo has come out subbed. Am I to believe there is no fansub group out there capable of doing this, or is there a problem preventing it or what? =/
Sep 12, 2008 4:05 PM

Apr 2008
repent said:
Its been weeks since a new golgo has come out subbed. Am I to believe there is no fansub group out there capable of doing this, or is there a problem preventing it or what? =/

It's only been half a month.
Nov 25, 2012 7:05 AM
Mar 2012
obviously he died, antagonists appear only once in this anime, the fight was still good I guess, although I think he could have still shot golgo in the end
Jan 8, 2013 8:30 PM

Jul 2008
Well the guy did scrape Golgo in the shoulder. That counts for something right?
Dec 14, 2015 1:19 PM

Jul 2015
MrRedrum said:
noelhoi said:

Well, I think it might've been an intentional miss. The other dude did say something along the lines, "Oh, so that's what you were going for the whole time." When Golgo 13 threw the knife lol. Regardless, it was a good episode but as what was previously stated everything was pretty obvious on how things would play out. That almost is always the case though with Golgo 13 since he's never going to lose.

Also, is anyone else annoyed with how slow the releases are coming along?? Episode 21 is already out!

I reckon when the guy said "Oh, so that's what you were going for the whole time", he was talking about the bats. At first he thought Golgo was banking on the tide so all he had to do was wait out the tide and the poisonous creatures would force Golgo's hand - but Golgo was actually waiting for the bats to make his move. He was also right about them being even when it comes to marksmanship so Golgo upped the ante with the knife.

I was also thinking that maybe they were both hired by the same company but he company intended to only pay one of them so they told him to kill Golgo knowing that Golgo was not gonna go down easy - who knows eh?

Still, all in all an excellent ep. - I like the way the show was following Golgo trailing the other guy for the first half and then followed the other guy trailing Golgo for some of the second. Also, although this anime can be predictable as fuck, it's the way the story is told that's important - very well directed.

Wooo... onward to ep. 15.
Apr 28, 2017 6:29 AM

Feb 2013
The other guy wasn't bad either, but he was unlucky that they ordered him to kill Golgo.
Sep 19, 2018 9:20 AM
May 2017
The_Badguy said:
MrRedrum said:

I reckon when the guy said "Oh, so that's what you were going for the whole time", he was talking about the bats. At first he thought Golgo was banking on the tide so all he had to do was wait out the tide and the poisonous creatures would force Golgo's hand - but Golgo was actually waiting for the bats to make his move. He was also right about them being even when it comes to marksmanship so Golgo upped the ante with the knife.

I was also thinking that maybe they were both hired by the same company but he company intended to only pay one of them so they told him to kill Golgo knowing that Golgo was not gonna go down easy - who knows eh?

Still, all in all an excellent ep. - I like the way the show was following Golgo trailing the other guy for the first half and then followed the other guy trailing Golgo for some of the second. Also, although this anime can be predictable as fuck, it's the way the story is told that's important - very well directed.

Wooo... onward to ep. 15.

It feels eerie that you were thinking exactly as I was, regarding the employer of the two snipers!! It also occurred to me that even if the employer of the men were different, they set him up against golgo on purpose!
Sep 4, 2019 5:19 AM

Oct 2012
Damn those professional cliche thing
If he's truly a professional, he knows when to stop at client's request

Client's request at first didn't mention anything about another hired pro and they suddenly ask him to kill Golgo who had helped him along the way

I'd prefer to call him unprofessional and ungrateful
Why take double when you'll lost everything? :P
"Signature removed"
Oct 29, 2021 7:49 PM
Dec 2017
Nothing really too special here

Jan 9, 2022 7:15 PM

Aug 2018
The other assassin looks like some character from a previous episode, but then again, in Golgo 13 that happens all the time.

Sep 22, 2023 4:33 PM

Nov 2010
How could that corpse remain in one piece and the same place after all this time if the tide rises to such an extent?
Wow, for the first time, someone could wound Togo in a fair gunfight.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golgo 13 Episode 45 Discussion

Jacut - Sep 21, 2010

11 by TRC_Randy »»
Mar 25, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Golgo 13 Episode 2 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 20, 2008

42 by Damnits »»
Mar 9, 12:46 AM

» very good exaple of a lack luster adpataion dicking a good manga

DateYutaka - Dec 24, 2013

5 by Destroyer31 »»
Jan 24, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Golgo 13 Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 17, 2008

20 by Destroyer31 »»
Jan 24, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Golgo 13 Episode 17 Discussion

zion111 - Nov 11, 2008

28 by salisboury »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.