Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2012 11:50 PM

May 2010
nedstark1990 said:
I really want a real series of this

same here..this wa smuch more appealign to me then what theymade of it
Jan 2, 2012 12:10 AM

Jul 2010
hmm I like this one more than F/SN
Jan 2, 2012 12:10 AM

Sep 2011
I started watching it just now, but the fansub was awful, so I'll wait until someone else subs it. =)
Jan 2, 2012 3:00 AM

Mar 2011
The dark element here reminds me of Fate/Zero. I would like to see a darker version of F/SN. And I'm curious about F/SN's original plot. It looks interesting. If they ever make a series out of this, I'm so watching it. I hope it got favorable reviews in Japan. They might make a series out of this if that's the case. I hope...

I'm so glad that Saber is actually a male here. I never like the idea that Saber as a female. Maybe it's appealing in some way, but as a history and mythology fanatic, I was pretty disappointed when I found out that Saber is a female when I watch F/SN

And, Lancer's hairstyle reminds me of Gun God from Angel Notes
Jan 2, 2012 3:39 AM

Sep 2009
Ayaka= Shirou (obvious), Rin (Cos Ayaka came form a mage family and hv a sister,Aika)

Sankureido Faan = Kirei (Faan know the Ayaka family for a long time, also affiliated the church)

Aika = Sakura (obvious,Ayaka big sister?), Ilya (a loli, probably powerful mage), Arcruid? (her appearance remind me of tat), Kirei (probably the last mage to beaten like F/SN), F/Z Caster (overly obsesses/love Saber)

I think different. If look on relations, not characters than

Ayaka = Shiro
Aika = Illiyasviel
Misaya = Rin

yes, their characters are very different but look(except of Ayaka, she's more like female ver. of Tsukihime's Shiki) and positions are fitting
Jan 2, 2012 5:12 AM

Dec 2011
ahh.. i think this version giving the changed positions from female protec male become male protec female but i dont saw it i just looks in this web so i hope i can get more big prize in here xD
Spring-Summer-Fall-Winter
Jan 2, 2012 5:48 AM

Dec 2010
Mmmmm. Male Saber. <3

Watched it afew hours ago, pretty much enjoyed it. A kind of huge what if? Though to be completely honest, I don't think F/SN would've been nearly as successful as it was if Nasu went with this formula instead.

Sanguis said:
My ovaries exploded upon witnessing male Saber's coolness.
Ohmigosh, I want more of him! Why can't there be a series about him?!

There is always fanart. With the prototype done with, there is bound to be more springing up. Lucky for us, huh?
Jan 2, 2012 5:50 AM

Mar 2008
This seemingly Nerfed down Gilgamesh would have been better and would have made more sense, since I found it hard to believe that a character described by Nasu to have the strength of 5 servants would be defeated in all routes of the story, and easily defeated in 2 of them.
Jan 2, 2012 5:52 AM

Jul 2010
From the look of the ova, it seems that some of the most important plot elements have been exposed already. The priest in this scenerio is, again evil, the second master in fact, just as Kirei who was supposed to be neutral was secretly a master himself. The archer here is gay as, especially his stupid noble phantasm. The signalling arrow he fired was super-lame. He made Gilgamesh look like a god. If I am not mistaken, did lancer's noble phantasm get severed in half right after saver appeared? THe saber here, on the positive side, is fairly gentle and fun-loving bishie. Sajyou appears to be a damsel in distress-, but looks likable and moe--good thing her seiyuu's Kanana though. Hope she does have some iron in her. Overall, if this is adapted into a full anime, it's gonna be a shoujo anime.

Jan 2, 2012 5:56 AM

Oct 2009
10/10.

10/10.

Watched it with troll subs (machine translated? or just troll) so had to turn it off but I pretty much understood everything (minus the written stuff).

Cool story, would love a series out of it (or a novel or visual novel). The black magic the main was using was pretty awesome, want to see more of it.

Archer's Noble Phantasm was qq.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2012 6:14 AM

Dec 2011
Lancer looks better in Prototype OVA than Stay Night and Zero. Archer was.. different. Alot less cocky and his Noble phantasm is awesome.

Caster and Lancer look the best. I wish I could have seen more of Assasin tho.
Jan 2, 2012 6:42 AM

Oct 2010
seems more like a teaser rather than a 12min. OVA to me..

want MORE!!!
Jan 2, 2012 7:11 AM
Oct 2009
I have no idea how to rate this, but pretty awesome setting they've got here. It's just a dream, but what if ufotable did a series based on this prototype? Though, to be honest, I would rather see Heaven's Feel animated.
Jan 2, 2012 8:18 AM

May 2011
OH MY GOD !!!! What the heck are those subs @_@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must wait for UTW or someone else to pick this up =.=

Sorry if this sounds a bit offensive but my english is terrible to begin with and if I watch these godly fast subs I'll just have to drown in shame in a glassfull of water !!!

Edit:

Male Saber is looking <33333333333333
Jan 2, 2012 9:38 AM

Jun 2009
No...just no.

Let me be the first to say that I don't like the idea of a male Saber. I never found female Saber attractive but I always liked the idea of one of the most renowned mythological figures being a girl. It's a testament to the fact of how history gets distorted by who writes it. Plus in the story of fate stay night it was reverting the typical man protects women scenario. There are a lot of things that made Fate more interesting just because Saber was a girl. If we change Saber to a guy while it is historical accurate it makes the story more generic.
Kirei turned into a typical Psychopath? Hell no. Kirai is the man who screws with you with a deadpan face.
This Heroine seems very whiny. I don't like that. And this story isn't really darker from what I see. Only more typical.
Those character designs are terrible. I can't tell the difference between Lancer and Archer. Everyone else is meh.

Still I might watch a series based on this idea.(I would like to see Lancer have a more prominent role and some alternative character designs for the servants) However as for this version of Fate/stay night beating the final product? HA! Hell from what I see it could not even beat the Studio Deen version.
But I am up for UFOtable making heavens feel.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 2, 2012 9:41 AM

Jul 2008
Lol seemed like a teaser to me~
Lancer's master seems hawt... =D
And Archer's Noble Phantasm seems hawt a focus shot type of thing
Hopefully with all the positive feedback there could be an anime, Maybe?
Jan 2, 2012 9:50 AM

Jul 2008
@AidanAK47: Saber wasn't turned into a guy nor was Kirei turned into that freak. It is the opposite as this is the original story (thus the name: Prototype).

Also, do mind that this is animation of a draft... and a draft whose story you don't know much about (the MC has a freaking good reasons to be like she is from what I read that is known about the story)
Jan 2, 2012 10:01 AM

Jun 2009
Nayrael said:
@AidanAK47: Saber wasn't turned into a guy nor was Kirei turned into that freak. It is the opposite as this is the original story (thus the name: Prototype).

Also, do mind that this is animation of a draft... and a draft whose story you don't know much about (the MC has a freaking good reasons to be like she is from what I read that is known about the story)

No shit, Sherlock.
I was replying to those who wanted it changed back to this. I suppose I should have said "Turned back" to be accurate.
AidanAK47Jan 2, 2012 10:06 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 2, 2012 10:13 AM

May 2011
Ryoushi said:
LiLSatan said:
dammit dammit dammit~

definitely WANT a TV series of this!!!!

Me too!

I hope that they would make one. It's really awesome + the designs were epic.
Those characters should have been used in the original Fate/ Stay Night Series.

And Gilgamesh really looked like an archer! + he has a bow and a giant Arrow, perhaps that was one of his epic Noble Phantasms.

THAT ! ./nod
Gilgamesh makes a lot more sense using a Bow as one of his weapons but, he loses the 'similarity' with Emiya Archer with Gates of Babylone versus. the Reality Marble Unlimited Blade Works. His Armor makes a lot more sense with the design in this one. I just wish the Character is as badass as he is the Gilgamesh we see in Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero.

Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
I don't know about you guys but the original idea for FS/N makes SO MUCH more sense.
A MALE king Arthur, An archer that's actually an ARCHER and a MC that seems to be an adept magic user and was aware of the Holy Grail war.
imo they should have stuck with this because they still could've made this into a Galge VN style by making it Saber centered and played with other female masters like the Saber-obsessed girl at the end. Also, Male Saber looks much more Badass and stronger than Female Saber.

Don't get me wrong cuz I really like the character designs for FS/N but the original Idea is not only more historically correct but I just think it would make a much better story with the Badass male saber protecting the female protag rather than The cute female saber protecting the not-so-powerful Shirou.

True ! I never really get into the whole thing about Saber being a female king in love with an useless guy doing nothing but taking hit and having illusion of being a Superhero. I mean... Seriously ? No... Sorry. I couldn't. Probably why I didn't like the Fate route that much. I also really liked the King Arthur tale so.. Hard for me to swallow that he would be a Girl. No way. Woman weren't even considerate worth it at this time. Doesn't make sense...

HOWEVER, a Male Saber makes much more sense ! He looked kind of nice of a Character and his master seemed less annoying with idiotic ideals but... who knows we didn't had the chance of hearing her much either...

Who cares about making it an Eroge in the first place the story could have make an eroge with this story too and the Fate 'Eroge Part' aren't that important until you get into Heaven's Feel with Sakura and Shirou being in Love. Other than that... Saber and Shirou doesn't make sense (for me at least) and with Rin it's pretty much the same...

Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
This seemingly Nerfed down Gilgamesh would have been better and would have made more sense, since I found it hard to believe that a character described by Nasu to have the strength of 5 servants would be defeated in all routes of the story, and easily defeated in 2 of them.

...and to blame it -weakly- on his overwhelming ego.
But I can get over that. Gilgamesh is an interesting character in FSN and FZ. I like his personality a lot even if that can be a weakness it's making him even more interesting of a character !

The only thing I can say I loved about this archer if the use of a 'Bow' as one of his weapons.. He's the Archer Class after all ! And also his armor was good looking from the time he is from...
Jan 2, 2012 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
I didn't even know this existed. My friend just linked it to me and wow.

Male Saber seems awesome, and the main character is like a combination of Rin and Shirou. I wish we can get a series out of this, more fate is always good to me.
Jan 2, 2012 10:51 AM

Aug 2008
That was really awesome. The only big problem to me was that they didnt have that awesome Emiya Shirou

Jan 2, 2012 11:22 AM

Mar 2008
Ayaka seems like a much more complex character than Shirou. I wonder what her insight is on people dying when they are killed.
Jan 2, 2012 12:44 PM
Sep 2010
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
Ayaka seems like a much more complex character than Shirou. I wonder what her insight is on people dying when they are killed.

Idk yo, that was Shirou's most insightful statements!
Jan 2, 2012 1:01 PM

Mar 2011
Meh, to be brutally honest I prefer the female saber, its just as AidanAK47 says Saber being male just makes the story more generic. Its true however, that Ayako seems like a better character than Shirou. And also the lack of counter guardian Emiya would have been disturbing. He is one of my favourite characters of FSN
Jan 2, 2012 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
kyouki04 said:
seems more like a teaser rather than a 12min. OVA to me..

want MORE!!!

this
amirhossJan 2, 2012 1:23 PM
Jan 2, 2012 1:56 PM

Jun 2009
fimbu1vetr said:
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:

Idk yo, that was Shirou's most insightful statements!

To be fair, while that saying does sound extremely stupid on it's own in context of the point he was making it actually makes sense seeing as it was related to Shiro removing Avalon from his body. Avalon makes you immortal , meaning you won't die if you gain an injury that would kill you.
But it really was a bad way to phrase it.

Bouum said:
True ! I never really get into the whole thing about Saber being a female king in love with an useless guy doing nothing but taking hit and having illusion of being a Superhero. I mean... Seriously ? No... Sorry. I couldn't. Probably why I didn't like the Fate route that much. I also really liked the King Arthur tale so.. Hard for me to swallow that he would be a Girl. No way. Woman weren't even considerate worth it at this time. Doesn't make sense...

Shiro is not useless. I mean come on girl give the guy some credit. He's not exactly taking on some nobodies and losing miserably. These are legendary heroes. Not even superman could beat these guys. The fact he can even stand his ground with them deserves merit. I don't think the thing Shiro and Saber had was love. I believe it was more puppy love. Both were inexperienced in the matter. Honestly it's not really that unbelievable that they would be interested in one another.
The sword in the stone didn't specify whether the one who pulls it should be a man or a women but in any case it's equally ridiculous to make a child with no experience or background a King. So the fact that's it's a woman doesn't make it less logical. In fact it actually helps justify Arthurs downfall. After all wouldn't people attempt to take down a woman if she proved to be a better king than any man? Might start giving ladies idea's...
AidanAK47Jan 2, 2012 2:07 PM

Jan 2, 2012 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
Is it weird if the thing I was most interested in was how those Command Spells worked?
Ha-cha!
Jan 2, 2012 3:43 PM

Jul 2010
This should be more of a thing then a 12 minute thing...

yeah.

Want more.
Jan 2, 2012 3:54 PM
Mar 2009
it'd be awesome if they made an actual series for this. it looks awesome already.
Jan 2, 2012 3:58 PM

Sep 2011
Leon-Gun said:
-Mika said:
I've heard of this before, where Saber was a male at first. Eh, if she was less annoying then it would probaby be better.
Yes, this is basically an OVA teaser of Kinoko Nasu's original Fate script which he was forced to change in order to conform to Japanese Otaku conventions of what a Visual Novel should be. Honestly, if they could have made it at least half as awesome as that OVA teaser, I trhink it had the potential to far surpass what Stay Night currently is, Otaku be damned.

Wasn't that mostly Studio Deen's fault? From what I heard, the Visual Novels are quite good.

It's believable because Studio Deen Produceds A LOT of shitty series.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 2, 2012 4:39 PM

Sep 2007
Ok, so where did this come from? O_O I had no idea that this teaser of an "alternative version" of FSN was going to be released and it really amazed me!!! I mean, it could be a great series, if they had the b*lls to actually make it...

Jan 2, 2012 6:01 PM

Nov 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Ayaka= Shirou (obvious), Rin (Cos Ayaka came form a mage family and hv a sister,Aika)

Sankureido Faan = Kirei (Faan know the Ayaka family for a long time, also affiliated the church)

Aika = Sakura (obvious,Ayaka big sister?), Ilya (a loli, probably powerful mage), Arcruid? (her appearance remind me of tat), Kirei (probably the last mage to beaten like F/SN), F/Z Caster (overly obsesses/love Saber)

I think different. If look on relations, not characters than

Ayaka = Shiro
Aika = Illiyasviel
Misaya = Rin

yes, their characters are very different but look(except of Ayaka, she's more like female ver. of Tsukihime's Shiki) and positions are fitting

Agree on the 'female ver. of Shiki' (the glasses :3),
but u gonna agree tat Faan is like Kirei, rite?
Misaya = Rin? It doesn't shown tat much.
Jan 2, 2012 7:14 PM

May 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Leon-Gun said:
-Mika said:
I've heard of this before, where Saber was a male at first. Eh, if she was less annoying then it would probaby be better.
Yes, this is basically an OVA teaser of Kinoko Nasu's original Fate script which he was forced to change in order to conform to Japanese Otaku conventions of what a Visual Novel should be. Honestly, if they could have made it at least half as awesome as that OVA teaser, I trhink it had the potential to far surpass what Stay Night currently is, Otaku be damned.

Wasn't that mostly Studio Deen's fault? From what I heard, the Visual Novels are quite good.

Yes. The VN is a LOT better than the Anime !
...by far.

I would like ufotable to do at least the Heaven Feel's route after F/Z to 'complete' the story (kind of..) =)

AidanAK47 said:
Shiro is not useless. I mean come on girl give the guy some credit. He's not exactly taking on some nobodies and losing miserably. These are legendary heroes. Not even superman could beat these guys. The fact he can even stand his ground with them deserves merit. I don't think the thing Shiro and Saber had was love. I believe it was more puppy love. Both were inexperienced in the matter. Honestly it's not really that unbelievable that they would be interested in one another.
The sword in the stone didn't specify whether the one who pulls it should be a man or a women but in any case it's equally ridiculous to make a child with no experience or background a King. So the fact that's it's a woman doesn't make it less logical. In fact it actually helps justify Arthurs downfall. After all wouldn't people attempt to take down a woman if she proved to be a better king than any man? Might start giving ladies idea's...

I get what you mean. Really do. It could be possible. It would make sense put this way. However the story people usually know from Books and stuff is about Male King (probably because it would be weird to have a Female as a 'King' tho... ). The folklore is about a Male... that's probably why he was a Male Character in Fate as well and everything got changed for unknown purpose but the 'Eroge Purpose' was probably there...

Not gonna argue if Arthur was Male or Female lol. No way to know.

Shirou being useless depends on the moment...
In the Fate, he's often taking hit. Yes, his opponent is stronger than him tho but that opponent isn't stronger than Saber. He act like Saber is a normal woman - When she isn't - and that is getting in the way of what he should be doing at this point : Trying to Survive. He's speaking nonsense of saving people and being a super hero by saving people. He is giving more importance to other lives than his.
He's not a very useful and powerful character... and then, comes UBW where he gets good and is pretty much the one to get rid of
At this point, he is 'pretty much' the Magus he was taking about and even tho the relation with Saber isn't the Same, he would have been a worth it a little bit more as a Master.

He's might not be useless but he's not the most reliable Master either but, Shirou didn't really understand what was going on around him and had no experience at Magic except training in his Shed at night about repairing stuff so... =/

Nothing that can compare to the Heroine we were introduce to here. Yes, she seems to complain a lot who knows it might be a good character AND a good duo with a Male Saber... ! ;)
Jan 3, 2012 4:21 AM

Sep 2009
@GodlyKyon

Yes VN is a lot better but still. Arc Fate which is the first in novel and centers around Saber was made much less "dark" in final script than it's shown in this OVA

>Misaya = Rin? It doesn't shown tat much.

She is Archer's master and in primary script her character was much more "evil"
Jan 3, 2012 4:31 AM

Nov 2009
I like this version.
It gives Fate a more psychological impact.
Jan 3, 2012 7:12 AM
Dec 2011
Looked amazing to me...
But the fucking subs ruined it, i'll wait for another group to sub this.
DiscountenanceJan 3, 2012 11:30 AM
Jan 3, 2012 8:24 AM
Jul 2011
I don't know about you but I think that an anime will be aired. This looked more like a comercial to me, like they are cheking if the anime would be acepted by fans. And, by me, so far, so good. :D
Jan 3, 2012 8:28 AM

Apr 2010
That was pretty fucking meh. Good thing this is just a prototype and not the actual story... and the shitty subs didn't help.

6/10
Jan 3, 2012 8:49 AM

Apr 2009
I WANT MORE....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DNT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ANYMORE......!!

I JUST WANT MORE OF THIS SHHEETTT....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry..... sugar rush...
=w=
Jan 3, 2012 9:12 AM

Dec 2008
not going to speak bad about FSN.. FSN is awesome.
but, if this is turned out to be whole anime series/movie, it will be awesome too.
the story and character seems interesting.. with this "teaser"

hope this will have good feedback and got a whole anime series adaptation

Jan 3, 2012 9:22 AM
Apr 2010
That OVA felt more like a 30min Action-movie preview than anything... 6/10
Jan 3, 2012 1:12 PM

Feb 2009
Leticia said:
Ok, so where did this come from? O_O I had no idea that this teaser of an "alternative version" of FSN was going to be released and it really amazed me!!! I mean, it could be a great series, if they had the b*lls to actually make it...

It's basically just a rough draft/outline of what Nasu wanted to do. Obviously some things were changed for the better and some things were changed just to appeal to a larger market, which was very successful. Just something you have to do in the business. After T-M made a name for themselves now they can use their popularity as leverage to get people to buy stuff they put out. That's why we got KnK movies almost a decade after the original novel was written. People would have ignored it if T-M didn't already have a reputation, not to mention the funding to make 7 movies wouldn't have been there. And now their next VN is based on an even older Nasu story with Aoko as the main character.

Anime studios do this all the time. Just look at shows Gainax has made for example. They'll do some adaptations of stuff that will sell well and then they make something they want to make and don't have to worry about it underselling.

I remember reading a translated interview a while ago with Nasu and Takeuchi about Tsukihime, how Nasu really didn't want to do any sex scenes but Takeuchi insisted because that's what sells, so Nasu made him come up with how those scenes would go and just wrote it from there, which is why we have some pretty funny analogies in those scenes sometimes. Apparently Takeuchi insisted there be maids, and when asked what kind he immediately says "TWIN MAIDS"

edit: actually I found it: http://www.tsukikan.com/misc/kanwatsukihime/index.html
Interesting read, it's like they're an old married couple sometimes.
JOHJJan 3, 2012 1:21 PM
Jan 3, 2012 3:24 PM
Dec 2007
GodlyKyon said:
Leon-Gun said:
-Mika said:

Nah, here I was referring to the VN. The VN is good, but there's a huge difference between the Fate route and the other two "darker" routes. Fate/Prototype is a taste what the "Fate" route original draft was going to be before they changed it to appeal to the market.

And in case people don't get it, the VN is divided in 3:
Fate - Saber and Shirou's tale of love (which is what the anime was based on).
Unlimited Blade Works - Archer's personal story about the clashing of ideal and reality.
Heaven's Feel - everything is revealed and ideals are shattered. A far more personal and in a way, more "selfish" tale of love than Fate route.

From what I saw in this teaser, even if it retains the Master/Servant love story, it has a darker feeling which makes it seem closer to the other two routes. I always felt the Fate route was too different to the rest of the game. Most people hate SHirou but that's because all they ever saw was the SHirou of Fate, a more stupid and chavinistic idiot who couldn't even fight for his ideals. Shirou is almost a different person in UBW and Heaven's Feel.
Leon-GunJan 3, 2012 3:28 PM

Jan 3, 2012 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
I liked the lack of Shirou in this one, but the male Saber can't even compare to the female one. Thats just bacause I'm a guy, I guess xD

Jan 3, 2012 9:45 PM

Oct 2010
Do want it to be animated into a real series, I would definitely watch it.

I like Sajyou Ayaka better than Emiya Shirou in terms of personality complex, mainly because her cowardly response to Grail War is far more realistic than Shirou trying to save everyone after only few days knowing about an existence called Grail War.

In my opinion, when we are faced with the same predicament as Ayaka (born into a magus family, bound to participate in the Grail War whether she likes it or not), the most natural reaction would be fear of what lies ahead, but what happened with Shirou was the exact opposite. Shirou, who doesn't even have any known assets, ignorantly joined the war without any feelings of fear or the slightest bit of logic at all.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Jan 3, 2012 11:02 PM

Oct 2010
wishbook said:
I like Sajyou Ayaka better than Emiya Shirou in terms of personality complex, mainly because her cowardly response to Grail War is far more realistic than Shirou trying to save everyone after only few days knowing about an existence called Grail War.

In my opinion, when we are faced with the same predicament as Ayaka (born into a magus family, bound to participate in the Grail War whether she likes it or not), the most natural reaction would be fear of what lies ahead, but what happened with Shirou was the exact opposite. Shirou, who doesn't even have any known assets, ignorantly joined the war without any feelings of fear or the slightest bit of logic at all.
100% AGREED! Moreover Ayaka seemed to give out a better emotional response whereas Shirou was sporadic IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 4, 2012 12:42 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
wishbook said:

100% AGREED! Moreover Ayaka seemed to give out a better emotional response whereas Shirou was sporadic IMO.

Considering everything Shirou went through as a kid and how he grew up idolizing a man he thought was a hero and wanted to be one ALL OF HIS LIFE and he also didn't want others to go through the things he went through, I think his reaction to the Holy Grail War and why he joined it is believable. But, this is because of the characterization up to that particular point in the visual novel. You never really get a feel for him in the anime. Ever.

I can't comment on Ayaka, though. As I refuse to watch this until UTW translates it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 4, 2012 11:34 AM
Dec 2007
insan3soldiern said:
Yumekichi11 said:
wishbook said:

Considering everything Shirou went through as a kid and how he grew up idolizing a man he thought was a hero and wanted to be one ALL OF HIS LIFE and he also didn't want others to go through the things he went through, I think his reaction to the Holy Grail War and why he joined it is believable. But, this is because of the characterization up to that particular point in the visual novel. You never really get a feel for him in the anime. Ever.

I can't comment on Ayaka, though. As I refuse to watch this until UTW translates it.
Some people may think of Shirou's life experiences and way of thinking as abnormal to begin with.

May I also add, for the people who are still hung on Shirou's "people die" line, it isn't just Shirou's exclusive line. I think the movie skipped it but Rin says it in the UBW route too (when she goes on an outburst because Shirou doesn't care at all about his life).

Jan 4, 2012 7:26 PM
Jan 2011
I like FSN much better.
Jan 4, 2012 8:32 PM

Apr 2011
I don't understand why they would put this much effort in a 12-minute OVA and not do anything else with it? I really hope they decide to pick up on this after Fate/Zero... this looks absolutely badass.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What if the two Sabers meet for the first time?

Otaku-Ninja - Apr 10, 2012

13 by -Mahesvara »»
Aug 15, 2017 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.