Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2011 3:24 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was quite the blessing before I go to party for New Year. I for one and impressed with the designs and differences. Presenting Saber Male in the following,

Girls would all gaga over him. He looks very appealing to female audiences and I for one am kind of charmed by glass girl whom is his master. She looks to say the least unique from not seeing her around in the series of this franchise. I guess I like her plain appearance in general.
To make it short, lots of ideas and scenarios among the one I saw in the new thread of this OVA that are flooding my mind as what if it was like that. One thing I would agree with would be the relationship in Fate Zero with Irisviel. That would change with the ideas presented in this OVA.

That being said it was very astonishing to me to see this for its action/short dramas and setups being high quality. Therefore 10/10. Might edit this later.
Yumekichi11Dec 31, 2011 3:35 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 31, 2011 3:37 PM
Dec 2011
I've heard of this before, where Saber was a male at first. Eh, if she was less annoying then it would probaby be better.

That was actually really sick. I hope they come out with one like this. It seems to be a whole different story, but I liked Gilgamesh when he was hax.
-MikaJan 2, 2012 5:34 PM
Dec 31, 2011 3:45 PM

Oct 2010
-Mika said:
I've heard of this before, where Saber was a male at first. Eh, if she was less annoying then it would probaby be better.
Yes I find male one was less annoying and more aggressive. Not to mention a kindness that is soothing but since I am male I cannot assess it well. I felt it being kinder that's all. Especially in the part of that pic.

Dec 31, 2011 7:30 PM
Dec 2007
-Mika said:
Yes, this is basically an OVA teaser of Kinoko Nasu's original Fate script which he was forced to change in order to conform to Japanese Otaku conventions of what a Visual Novel should be. Honestly, if they could have made it at least half as awesome as that OVA teaser, I trhink it had the potential to far surpass what Stay Night currently is, Otaku be damned.

Dec 31, 2011 8:56 PM

Aug 2010
I really want a real series of this
Jan 1, 2012 1:13 AM
Aug 2010
agh.....me too
Jan 1, 2012 8:18 AM
Aug 2008
Maybe they made the OVA to check if there is enough positive feedback for a TV series... well that's unlikely, but hope dies last.
Jan 1, 2012 10:36 AM

Jul 2011
Well Fast-Sub makes Hadena appear literate in English...

Anyhow, it doesn't look that bad actually. Can't say that it would be worse or better than Fate/stay night, just different.
mdzJan 1, 2012 12:01 PM
Jan 1, 2012 11:02 AM
Sep 2010
nedstark1990 said:
this.

btw is gilgamesh the "real" archer in this version? or is that even gilgamesh at all? he looked much better in this. has an actual bow and is an actual archer (if that was gilgamesh who i saw)
Jan 1, 2012 11:25 AM

Oct 2010
bakari said:
BTW is Gilgamesh the "real" archer in this version? or is that even Gilgamesh at all? he looked much better in this. has an actual bow and is an actual archer (if that was Gilgamesh who i saw)
I believe it was a prototype for him in this OVA that also never got put to use.

Since it looks you have positive feedback of it, seems it does suit him more. At least it looks less overpowering than what Gilgamesh is in Fate Zero. If he was made like that it would seem more fair to other Servants.

Jan 1, 2012 11:36 AM

Mar 2009
dammit dammit dammit~

definitely WANT a TV series of this!!!!
Jan 1, 2012 12:00 PM
Sep 2011
That looked quite impressive, overall the mood seems to be darker than in the F/SN anime adaption. I would really appreciate a full TV series especially if it's made by ufotable.
Jan 1, 2012 12:20 PM

Feb 2010
Thumps up for the male Saber. He didn't annoyed me as opposed to Arturia.
Jan 1, 2012 12:23 PM

Jun 2007
i havent watched it i shall wait till there is a better fansub version out.
Nice to see how a male Saber would be, but im going to stick to Saber as she is.
Jan 1, 2012 12:27 PM

Feb 2008
It is interesting, I give it that. :D
Jan 1, 2012 12:29 PM

Feb 2009
I wasn't going to watch this, then I saw a pic of male Saber... I am ashamed to admit that it has convinced me to watch...
Jan 1, 2012 12:31 PM

Oct 2011
A darker plot than Fate/Stay Night which looks enjoyable?
Make a TV series out of this!
Jan 1, 2012 12:31 PM

Oct 2010
dancu said:
Nice to see how a male Saber would be, but im going to stick to Saber as she is.
Yes I suggest the same people that did Fate Zero UTW themselves but then again I would so see this a 3third time still. It's too amazing for a prototype. All the people said is exactly what the series could use as a spice to make it even that much better as amazing as it is still.

Jan 1, 2012 12:41 PM

Jun 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
dancu said:
Yes I suggest the same people that did Fate Zero UTW themselves but then again I would so see this a 3third time still. It's too amazing for a prototype. All the people said is exactly what the series could use as a spice to make it even that much better as amazing as it is still.

well its always good to have people talking about the Fate franchise so an alternate universe is of course a good thing. They actually might want to make it into a movie series like kara no kyoukai. As long as people still talk fate for years to come.
Jan 1, 2012 12:42 PM

Sep 2009
UTW promised to sub F/P after 3rd volume of CF. Their main TL wasn't impressed of this (
Jan 1, 2012 12:43 PM
Dec 2007
bakari said:
nedstark1990 said:
this.

btw is gilgamesh the "real" archer in this version? or is that even gilgamesh at all? he looked much better in this. has an actual bow and is an actual archer (if that was gilgamesh who i saw)
Dunno if it's "Gilgamesh" but he is Archer yes. From what I hear it seems more like what they planned for Ayaka and Arthur was turned into Stay Night's Rin and Archer EMIYA.

Jan 1, 2012 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
I'm really, really glad that they ditched those character designs. Really glad.

Did I mention that I was really glad?
Jan 1, 2012 1:18 PM

Jun 2007
Insidious said:
I'm really, really glad that they ditched those character designs. Really glad.

Did I mention that I was really glad?

its okay im really really glad with you as well
cant explain how much i love female Saber as well as the various version of her
and im really liking the new one Saber Bride version from Fate/Extra CCC
Jan 1, 2012 1:48 PM

Jan 2008
As much as I love the current F/SN,Fate/Zero, and also game versions, I would totally watch and buy Fate with the original script before F/SN was changed; so long as it's still made by the right group of people of course.

I can only hope now that they see the potential in money-making in this (even with fan-girl squealing a possibility, and some disgruntled guys).

As far as Archer goes in Fate/Prototype, if he is Gilgamesh before he was changed to have hax, then it'd make a lot of sense. For historical reference, the armor is updated to better match his time-period (no full-body metal), and Gilgamesh with a string-drawn bow was his symbol as a political leader. He even had it made as his portrait on a stone wall.
Jan 1, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2010
LiLSatan said:
dammit dammit dammit~

definitely WANT a TV series of this!!!!

Me too!

I hope that they would make one. It's really awesome + the designs were epic.
Those characters should have been used in the original Fate/ Stay Night Series.

And Gilgamesh really looked like an archer! + he has a bow and a giant Arrow, perhaps that was one of his epic Noble Phantasms.

Jan 1, 2012 1:51 PM
Apr 2011
I still think it's fucking stupid that they turned King Arthur into a girl...This is the version I'd rather watch any day.
Jan 1, 2012 2:09 PM

Dec 2009
that was pretty epic. I liked this version better than the current one.
Jan 1, 2012 2:45 PM
Jan 2008
They must turn this into an anime!!! It was amazing!!
Jan 1, 2012 2:49 PM

Jul 2009
The other Archer/Gigamesh from Fate/Stay Night is better. I could live with a male Saber and a female 'Shirou' but i'm satisfied with what we got.

i'd be cool tho to have to versions of the entire series.

i hated the teaser tho, so confusing and fast (like teasers tend to be--i still hate them)
Jan 1, 2012 3:03 PM

May 2009
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a series of this.
Jan 1, 2012 4:04 PM

Mar 2008
I don't know about you guys but the original idea for FS/N makes SO MUCH more sense.
A MALE king Arthur, An archer that's actually an ARCHER and a MC that seems to be an adept magic user and was aware of the Holy Grail war.
imo they should have stuck with this because they still could've made this into a Galge VN style by making it Saber centered and played with other female masters like the Saber-obsessed girl at the end. Also, Male Saber looks much more Badass and stronger than Female Saber.

Don't get me wrong cuz I really like the character designs for FS/N but the original Idea is not only more historically correct but I just think it would make a much better story with the Badass male saber protecting the female protag rather than The cute female saber protecting the not-so-powerful Shirou.
Jan 1, 2012 4:33 PM
Dec 2007
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
I don't know about you guys but the original idea for FS/N makes SO MUCH more sense.
A MALE king Arthur, An archer that's actually an ARCHER and a MC that seems to be an adept magic user and was aware of the Holy Grail war.
imo they should have stuck with this because they still could've made this into a Galge VN style by making it Saber centered and played with other female masters like the Saber-obsessed girl at the end. Also, Male Saber looks much more Badass and stronger than Female Saber.

Don't get me wrong cuz I really like the character designs for FS/N but the original Idea is not only more historically correct but I just think it would make a much better story with the Badass male saber protecting the female protag rather than The cute female saber protecting the not-so-powerful Shirou.
Again, blame it on the thick-headed conventions Japanese have about Galge (which were even more followed then). Even companies like Key were forced to add Hentai content on their games just to satisfy the top brass. Type-Moon as they are now would probably have used the original script but the TM of back then was still trying to get their company up and running.

Jan 1, 2012 4:35 PM

Jun 2011
I like the character design for this saber more than female one (aka i dont like her puffy dress), though I liked Gilgamesh more in fsn.

I would love for this to become an actual series. FSN was too shounen... and this seems to be the opposite of that :D I wouldn't mind if she is the female Shirou, she seems a hell of a lot more interesting than he was anyways :D

7/10

Sad that the subs for this were terribad. I couldn't fully immerse myself into the OVA. Maybe I'll update the score when UTW subs it. :/
Jan 1, 2012 4:53 PM

Sep 2010
Future 5th holly grail war anyone??
I don't expect justice. I expect revenge, even if it solves nothing in the end.
I don't expect redemption. I expect decadence and self destruction.
I don't expect compassion. I expect selfishness.
I don't expect people making choices. I expect a cruel fate forced upon them.
Jan 1, 2012 5:23 PM

May 2010
For someone who followed Merlin tv series like me keep telling myself that Merlin cast funny magic spell and turn him into a female for bullying him for four season just to make me feel better when watching Fate/xxx so I would prefer male version of Saber but the character design doesn't seem appealing to me /heh
Jan 1, 2012 5:27 PM

Apr 2007
Male Saber is about the only thing I liked. There was just nothing about it that interested me. The character designs were also quite bad/boring. Archer & Lancer practically have the same hair style.

It was fun seeing what parts Nasu still used in FSN though.
Jan 1, 2012 5:51 PM

Jun 2008
GARcher;) wouldnt mind to see some ovas of this...this could be better than Fate Stay Night but never better than Fate Zero, because F/Z is epic~~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 1, 2012 5:55 PM

Sep 2011
Not bad not bad i wont mind a full series of it,seeing Male Saber was cool also Gilga having a bow :O

Also the graphics were good for being a extra and the story would be interesting.
Jan 1, 2012 6:50 PM

May 2009
I keep throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens. :(
Jan 1, 2012 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
Frankly I'd rather watch a remake of Fate/Stay Night by the company that is currently doing Fate Zero.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 1, 2012 8:16 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, I actually liked this. I really like the character's design and animation. I wish the little girl at the end were in any of Fate's series, she's damn cute. ;A;
Jan 1, 2012 9:01 PM

Dec 2011
Did I just see a character that is just as crazy as Gilles de Rais?
Jan 1, 2012 9:11 PM

Jan 2010
I think it would be better than FS/N if it was made by ufotable. I liked the character designs and the mood between Ayaka and Saber. But I don't want Archer's noble phantasm to be like that, it kind of seemed off to me, if they will make an anime, I just want it to be changed. That's the only complaint I have for this OVA.Overall it was good. Will watch if it gets a TV series.

Darker plot than FS/N?.. Well yeah, If we're talking about the Fate route that is.
What I want more than this right now, is an animation of the last route that was not animated yet, and I think it's the one with the most connections to Fate/Zero, The Heaven's Feel route.
Jan 1, 2012 9:28 PM

Jul 2010
I'm not sure if this version of F/SN would have been more popular, but I thought that the teaser was great and I would love it if an entire TV series was made for it. I already like female Saber but I think I enjoyed the short clips we got of male Saber a bit too much. XD It's a shame he barely got any speaking lines, which is another reason why I'd love to see more of this in the future!
Jan 1, 2012 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
rodac said:
Frankly I'd rather watch a remake of Fate/Stay Night by the company that is currently doing Fate Zero.

This

and these fucking subs man.
I'd be tempted to wait but its only 12 minutes long. Ill just deal with the mess.

Edit: Nevermind, waiting for UTW
Jan 1, 2012 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
Saber should have always been male.
I liked Lancer's and Ilya's(if she was that last girl) original designs.
Other than that, the current Fate is much better.
Heaven's Feel or all routes remake by Ufotable will be much better than this.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jan 1, 2012 10:17 PM

Nov 2009
Some of the character are some what, 'similar' to F/SN:

Ayaka= Shirou (obvious), Rin (Cos Ayaka came form a mage family and hv a sister,Aika)

Sankureido Faan = Kirei (Faan know the Ayaka family for a long time, also affiliated the church)

Aika = Sakura (obvious,Ayaka big sister?), Ilya (a loli, probably powerful mage), Arcruid? (her appearance remind me of tat), Kirei (probably the last mage to beaten like F/SN), F/Z Caster (overly obsesses/love Saber)
Jan 1, 2012 10:40 PM

Jun 2011
My ovaries exploded upon witnessing male Saber's coolness.
Ohmigosh, I want more of him! Why can't there be a series about him?!
Jan 1, 2012 11:42 PM
Jul 2007
I want to see a Heaven's feel by ufotable.
Jan 1, 2012 11:44 PM

Jul 2009
That was pretty good for a 12 min OVA.
7/7 Overall
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What if the two Sabers meet for the first time?

Otaku-Ninja - Apr 10, 2012

13 by -Mahesvara »»
Aug 15, 2017 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.