Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think about people who show off about getting drunk?

Poll: Are people who show off about getting drunk stupid?

Dec 30, 2011 1:43 PM

After hanging out with some of my college friends and classmates back home during winterbreak, I noticed that about half of them kept showing off about their college night life and how they got "super drunk" and wasted at person A's dorm, then passed out in person B's bed. The whole time I was sitting there listening them, I was shocked at how childish they were acting and yet thought that showing off about their stupidest moments automatically made them a cool person. So what do you guys think about people who get drunk just to show off about it? Do you find it normal and acceptable or just plain stupid as I do?

Dec 30, 2011 4:00 PM

I hate it. Take facebook for an example. I hate how people must drink every weekend/day if they got the chance. It's so stupid.
I don't drink that much. I don't have the stamina, nor find it fun to drink all the time.

Dec 30, 2011 4:06 PM

To some, it's quite funny seeing ppl do weird stuff when their drunk but in my opinion its just stupid. Go spend your money on something not alchohol or addiction related plz and ty.

Dec 30, 2011 4:09 PM

OMG im like so wasted right now
i like totally passed out at this dorm and then i woke up my jaw and bum really hurt
it was so awesome

yeah i dont think that makes them cool, just makes them really really stupid

Dec 30, 2011 4:12 PM

I could drink them all under the table.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Dec 30, 2011 4:17 PM

I think it's stupid if you really just try to show off. ie; fb statuses or pictures going "dude so wasted" or something.

I'm in college and am involved in the party scene. I can see the difference between those who drink because they think it's cool and those who drink socially. I mean of course you can be social without drinking, but there really is a difference between socially doing it and thinking it's "cool." Those who show off constantly brag/talk about it like every weekend, and those who do it socially don't mention it unless it's gossip (and don't lie... we all gossip).

Dec 30, 2011 4:21 PM
They are morons. The ones that bother me more though are the ones who get violent when they are drunk. I know someone who is really nice when sober but as soon as he start drinking, he tries to start punch ups with friends, strangers and anyone around them. They know they do this and yet continue to drink alcohol. Then they wonder why their friends don't want them around when they go out drinking.

Dec 30, 2011 4:22 PM

It is lame and stupid when they show off how drunk they are and all, but when they talk about an experience that happened while they were drunk, I don't mind. They are usually funny to listen to.

Dec 30, 2011 4:26 PM

Not cool at all. Just wait until they black out one day and do something stupid and embarrassing.
"Oh, you want some too?"

Dec 30, 2011 4:27 PM

Steve-O-510 said:
Not cool at all. Just wait until they black out one day and do something stupid and embarrassing.

Haha, it supposedly happened to a couple of them already and they're all like "don't say it, its embarassing" when in reality, they are just showing off about it

Dec 30, 2011 4:43 PM

I don't understand the purpose of this thread. So if I get drunk and have absurd and funny moments through the effects of alcohol, am I stupid? Even better: am I proud of being drunk? Come on people, you can't be so narrow-minded.

I have commented lots and lots of times with my friends anecdotes of parties in which we got drunk, it is not because of pride or that we feel cooler, come on, it's just because they are anecdotes and recalling them is a task friends tend to enjoy. So, imagine one guy doesn't remember anything from half night, what should his reaction be the next day? Should he be all depressed and ashamed, "dude, I drunk so much, I am an alcoholic, please take me to rehabilitation, etc."? Really? Do you think relationships work like that?

I have sometimes vomited, I have sometimes had lapses, I have done things I regretted later, heck, I know the risks of drinking quite well, as my friends do, as anybody with common sense does. But that doesn't mean I have to hide if something like that happens, I can comment on it and say "dude, I got so sick yesterday", and we can have fun remembering our most shameful moments, and it doesn't mean we are proud of those moments. We are just relativizing, nothing serious happened, you got a little sick, you asked that 50-year-old woman for marriage, ok, the night is over, let's forget and have some laughs.