Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 29, 2011 3:05 AM

I can't remember when I fell out of anime exactly but I did around 2009-2010. Now that I have free time again, I want to start again. :) My list is very long/unorganized and I've pretty much lost track of everything.

So, basically I am asking: what's a very recommended anime to watch that has aired since 2010?

I feel as though I've watched/tried many before 2009 so I am aiming for mostly recent ones but if you think there is a fantastic one worth the watch that I haven't seen, feel free to recommend!

For a general idea of what I enjoy, I really LOVED:
Ghibli films
Elfen Lied
FMA: Brotherhood
Lovely Complex
Bokura ga Ita
Toradora!
Ouran
Samurai Champloo
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
FMP Fumoffu
School Rumble
Higurashi
Nana
Paradise Kiss
Air

Dec 29, 2011 3:13 AM

i think you should take a look at the anime charts - basically they have all the animes listed that came out during each season; they also have a short summary for each so it's very helpful in deciding what you'd be interested in;)

some that i think you should check out:
Fate/Zero
Mirai Nikki! (since you like Higurashi&Elfen Lied- i tried and personally wasn't that fond of the CGI that i saw.. i think it'll get better though or just read the manga^^)
Shiki
Usagi Drop
AnoHana
Steins;Gate
Baccano!
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (don't let the name mislead you, it's awesome!)
Mawaru Penguindrum
Angel Beats!
Durarara!!

also the movie Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu; it's definitely worth watching;)

hm, since you saw the Clannad movie.. why not try to watch the series also? Clannad & Clannad: After Story is definitely something you should watch, especially since you seem to like Bokura Ga Ita&Air:)
Modified by Vanessa, Dec 29, 2011 3:41 AM

Dec 29, 2011 4:02 AM

Thanks! I'll take a look at those.

Do I need to watch the prequels to Fate/Stay Zero and Steins;Gate to enjoy and understand it? lol

Dec 29, 2011 4:10 AM
DB Administrator
Summer☆Time

Steins;Gate has no prequel, Chaos;Head is an alternative setting. You don't need to watch it.

The same goes for Fate/Zero, there's no prequel. Maybe you should watch Fate/stay night before it, because there are more explanations about how some things work. Stay night is the sequel but most people watch it in this order.

Dec 29, 2011 12:24 PM

It seems we have quite similar tastes based on what you mentioned you've liked, so from this year I've enjoyed:
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee
Tiger and Bunny
Usagi Drop
Chihayafuru (Probably the best currently airing show)
Blue Exorcist
C
Guilty Crown
Un-Go
Kamisama no Memocho

And from 2010:
Bakuman (Season 2 is currently airing)
Hetalia
High School of the Dead (This will depend on your tolerance of gore and fanservice, but you said you liked Elfen Lied, so...)
Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan
Princess Jellyfish (I've not seen it, but it's apparently quite like Paradise Kiss)

Dec 29, 2011 1:31 PM

I can only share with you what I liked and didn't. Take it all with a grain of salt because I often don't track with the rest of the "herd." I don't watch or end up dumping a lot of stuff that ends up being quite popular.

Oh, a "0" = plan to watch.

.Anime Title - .My Rating - .Year

-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079