Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 16, 2012 2:12 PM

Jul 2011
My friends at school.. V_V They think it's for nerds. They are worried that I will become a nerd. I say F this nerds are awesome! X)
~anna
Jan 16, 2012 2:29 PM

Dec 2011
Mow123 said:
I usually try to keep it a secret for the most part. I am just tired of explaining basic things to people. Even among anime fans you still get BS shit like why do you like X show, they just need to stfu. I hate those paladin types that say crap like "you shall only like quality anime it doesn't matter if you like it or not" so naturally if you aren't even in the same domain, you have to argue against worthless shit arguments endlessly.

I think this is more of a problem with everyone rather than just anti anime. pro anime people seem to be too anti for non anime if you ask me. You all know those types who are like :OMG ALL HAIL ANIME. or NARUDO IS TEH BEST!

Its hard to tell even if they approve or disapprove it. In the end its up to you to decide whether or not somebody disapproves of something you are doing or not, you might just say "oh they must not really know a whole lot about it" rather than thinking they are closed minded. Try to find a general common thing like they might like cars or something, or hyper violence. then you can show them according anime.

Good point, for the most part. You kinda lost me a bit in with the "man 1 and man 2 part", but still.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2012 3:06 PM

Apr 2011
Well first were my parents, because they used to say(not anymore):''Are you still watching this cartoons??You are a big girl now, you know that right??''
Then my little brother(he still says that):''Why are you still watching them?? are you a kid or something??''
And last but not least many of my friends:''what did you say you watch?? cartoon?? this is for kids..''
And the answer that I give them''It's not cartoon like Spongbob is ANIME, and yes I'm not a kid thank you''
Well, now almost everyone knows that I watch anime and read manga, but they have stop teasing me about that!!!
And also many of my friends have accept me and they don't care if I watch anime or read manga, because they say that is something I love to do and I sould keep doing it if it makes me happy!!! ^_^

AlexSadist-sama said:
Nobody and if anyone disapproves, they can get lost.

And also THIS!!!
Jan 16, 2012 3:32 PM

Jul 2008
Remnants- said:

Good point, for the most part. You kinda lost me a bit in with the "man 1 and man 2 part", but still.

damn I forgot to take that out. I had some other things that I removed but didn't remove that. w/e sounds like you understood.
Jan 16, 2012 5:17 PM

Jan 2012
No one, I don't usually hang around people that would dislike it. Everyone has their own opinions of different things. I love anime with passion and all of my soul, and it may have saved me from suicide...but I don't hate on people who hate anime.
Jan 17, 2012 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
No one. I've got 8 siblings and we all grew up watching anime. All the people I know accepted me as an anime fanatic.
Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.
Jan 17, 2012 12:43 AM

Mar 2011
No one. Most of my friends watch anime and even some relatives. If somebody disapproves they can shut up and leave me alone.
Jan 17, 2012 6:36 AM
May 2009
My Parents would tell me to watch less.

though they say that about everything I do. I should play less games. sleep less. stay up less. shower less (No idea why).
Nov 2, 2016 2:58 AM
Oct 2016
My mum, my dad, my 3 little sisters.... Thats about it. They say I watch way too much anime, but some of my friends spend their entire LIFE on screens!
Nov 2, 2016 8:11 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
U don't understand this dillusion anime watchers seem to have that non anime watchers "don't like us"

Only teenagers make fun of eachother for liking anime, and even then it's probably other anime watchers

If anything, anime watchers insult eachother 100x more than non anime watchers
Nov 2, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2010
My ex bf.
Clearly that was one of the reason he is no longer my bf xD
Nov 2, 2016 8:18 AM

Aug 2015
Nobody.... Well, not that many people even know that I watch anime. Just my sisters and few of my cousins...

Then again, they're also into anime like me so why would they disprove it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though they don't like the Ecchi-Harems I like me so I can't discuss that stuff with them either =.=
Nov 2, 2016 6:42 PM

Oct 2016
Outside of my brainless locals "hurr durr anime only for the biggest of virgins" "If I find out my man watches anime I'm packing up my pussy and leaving" blah blah crowd, nobody. I only surround myself with people who share the same interests.
Nov 2, 2016 6:46 PM

Sep 2016
Some of my friends have a certain prejudice to the term "otaku" and generalize it, is kind of sad but I do not care.
"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 2, 2016 7:30 PM

Feb 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
U don't understand this dillusion anime watchers seem to have that non anime watchers "don't like us"

Only teenagers make fun of eachother for liking anime, and even then it's probably other anime watchers

I feel like "they" just really need to put the blame on "someone". This is just probably something all of us knows but doesn't touch on...

If you ask a 3rd person about you, they might at least get puzzled and ask what "anime" is in general, where as people who generally watches anime tend to have "Elitism-complex", thus bashes/rants/BS happens overtime... Well, I guess I do have some protection about it, but in general, I don't honestly care as to how others perceive what I like, I don't generally hate them or I don't generally like people who understand me or don't. For me it just means that someone is the same as me, or at least probably.

In short, I don't know why I don't see threads like "Why 'otaku' hate 'otaku'" whereas, I generally see "what will you do if some [insert normal people] ask about [anime hobby] of yours" thread more.

Is this really how escapism works, or just really the fact that, the irony here is strong? Or I am just hallucinating?
Nov 2, 2016 7:33 PM
Nov 2013
Pretty sure everyone who doesn't watch anime doesn't approve of it.
Nov 2, 2016 7:34 PM

Jul 2013
My dad "why're you watching that cartoon shit"

idk

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Nov 2, 2016 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
wow, the necro is real...

EcchiLordMamster said:

This^

Also I'll just add that no one in my life aside from few insecure bitches who have never seen an anime in their life and just repeat what they've heard from others.
Nov 2, 2016 7:57 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
_Ako_ said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

I feel like "they" just really need to put the blame on "someone". This is just probably something all of us knows but doesn't touch on...

If you ask a 3rd person about you, they might at least get puzzled and ask what "anime" is in general, where as people who generally watches anime tend to have "Elitism-complex", thus bashes/rants/BS happens overtime... Well, I guess I do have some protection about it, but in general, I don't honestly care as to how others perceive what I like, I don't generally hate them or I don't generally like people who understand me or don't. For me it just means that someone is the same as me, or at least probably.

In short, I don't know why I don't see threads like "Why 'otaku' hate 'otaku'" whereas, I generally see "what will you do if some [insert normal people] ask about [anime hobby] of yours" thread more.

Is this really how escapism works, or just really the fact that, the irony here is strong? Or I am just hallucinating?

yes that is a very good point... why are there no threads asking why anime fans insult eachother? when THAT is the actual problem... its not non anime fans making fun of us, its us making fun of us

yea man, you shouldn't let what others think affect what you're into, doesn't matter if its a youtuber who gets 100,000 views a video... everything they say is just as subjective as someone who know one knows

Darek said:
wow, the necro is real...

EcchiLordMamster said:

This^

Also I'll just add that no one in my life aside from few insecure bitches who have never seen an anime in their life and just repeat what they've heard from others.

and those ppl deep down don't actually give a shit... theyre just hopping on trains to be cool

"society looks down on weaboos"

no

society does not look down on weaboos... ANIME FANS look down on weaboos...

most of "society" doesn't even know wtf a weaboo is... -___-
Nov 2, 2016 8:03 PM

Apr 2015
"People who dislike my mean score."

-Mastergold
Nov 2, 2016 8:04 PM

Feb 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
_Ako_ said:

yes that is a very good point... why are there no threads asking why anime fans insult eachother? when THAT is the actual problem... its not non anime fans making fun of us, its us making fun of us

yea man, you shouldn't let what others think affect what you're into, doesn't matter if its a youtuber who gets 100,000 views a video... everything they say is just as subjective as someone who know one knows

YouTubers tries to adapt to the majority side, I mean, if you're a Youtuber, you want the highest viewers/subscribers as you can get, either you showing your naked soul or just, ranting...

Well, people thinks that someone who doesn't know anime just have this kind of thought that "anime is for kids" some sort of thought. No matter how you look at it, nothing will ever change if you just do what you typically do... The reason why I do the things I typically do...

Mastergold said:

-Mastergold

They get butthurt easily... People needs to really, or at least takes meds once in a while
Nov 2, 2016 8:10 PM

Apr 2015

Apparently I don't deserved to watch anime because I dislike everything.

-Mastergold
Nov 2, 2016 8:11 PM

Oct 2015
Not really anybody, I mean of course there was some people in my high school that though anime was stupid yet they watched dumb "reality" shows like Jersey Shore.

I don't think any of my family apart from my parents really know what anime is anyway.
Nov 2, 2016 8:20 PM

Feb 2015
Mastergold said:

Apparently I don't deserved to watch anime because I dislike everything.

-Mastergold

Don't worry, doujin will enlighten you....
Nov 2, 2016 8:22 PM

Sep 2016
Paul said:
No different than someone dissing on any of your other hobbies. They probably just want you to get out more.

May I ask what anime your signature is of?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2016 8:38 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
_Ako_ said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

YouTubers tries to adapt to the majority side, I mean, if you're a Youtuber, you want the highest viewers/subscribers as you can get, either you showing your naked soul or just, ranting...

Well, people thinks that someone who doesn't know anime just have this kind of thought that "anime is for kids" some sort of thought. No matter how you look at it, nothing will ever change if you just do what you typically do... The reason why I do the things I typically do...

Mastergold said:

-Mastergold

They get butthurt easily... People needs to really, or at least takes meds once in a while

yea thats why i don't fuck with 99.9% of anime youtubers... they seem to either cater more towards the butthurt fans or talk about all the same anime, etc

i want more shameless anime youtubers, i only know of one, and he only has like 600 cubs cause his channel kept getting taken down

its kinda dumb to think "anime is for kids" when we have comics and shit here in the west lol
Nov 2, 2016 8:46 PM

Feb 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:

yea thats why i don't fuck with 99.9% of anime youtubers... they seem to either cater more towards the butthurt fans or talk about all the same anime, etc

Well some Youtubers collaborates, to make themselves "better" as I can see... I mean, who will survive in Youtube when you're a lone wolf, you'll probably die faster when someone stomps an ant.

But, yeah sometimes, you feel like the reviews they do just, recycled through each YouTubers... I don't really care, they don't make reviews about CGDCT that I watch... So, yeah... The reason why I don't check them...
Nov 2, 2016 9:00 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
_Ako_ said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Well some Youtubers collaborates, to make themselves "better" as I can see... I mean, who will survive in Youtube when you're a lone wolf, you'll probably die faster when someone stomps an ant.

But, yeah sometimes, you feel like the reviews they do just, recycled through each YouTubers... I don't really care, they don't make reviews about CGDCT that I watch... So, yeah... The reason why I don't check them...

yea man, they ALL talk about "fanservice" from an inherently negative viewpoint... NO ONE but one person praises it. theyre all like "well, yea it gets annoying unless done this way" or they just outright claim its annoying

FUCK THAT!

why can't people just be shameless? why everyone gotta be the same?
Nov 2, 2016 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
No one. Everyone either approves or doesn't care.
Nov 3, 2016 5:35 AM

Sep 2015
Nobody, as nobody knows about it except a handful trustworthy persons who share the same hobby, the rest is because they simply do not care.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Nov 3, 2016 5:57 AM

Feb 2016
One of my closest friends makes fun about me watching anime a lot and keeps calling me a loser or a weeb a lot. He's never watched any anime so his opinion comes from pure ignorance, why would I care then?
But my family, friends, classmates etc. don't really care, nbd
Nov 3, 2016 5:57 AM

May 2015
Heck nobody. I mean you can solve this kind of problem by appreciating all kinds of movies from all nationality be it Chinese, American,Korean and Japanese animes. Mix all these stuffs in your life and voila you get all the fun. I am most rather fond of anime but if other think that I'm old enough for these kind of.stuffs specifically what they call anime 'cartoons' .I tell them that "What? I have a lot of hollywood movies downloaded already. I'm full so am I not allowed to switch to anime to hollywood to chinese martial arts and to anime again? Mind yur own business and go" straight
" If a ghost's intention is to scare people, then people are definitely scarier because we have no way of knowing what their intention and thoughts are. "
Nov 3, 2016 6:05 AM

Feb 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
_Ako_ said:

yea man, they ALL talk about "fanservice" from an inherently negative viewpoint... NO ONE but one person praises it. theyre all like "well, yea it gets annoying unless done this way" or they just outright claim its annoying

FUCK THAT!

why can't people just be shameless? why everyone gotta be the same?

Well I guess because YouTubers are part of the "anime advertisement" thing... They do advertise "great" anime and persuade viewers to buy BD/DVDs, whereas if the series is shitty, they'll just claim to stream it on X legal streaming site... You get it... In short, YouTubers, especially anime YouTubers wants to appeal to those who enjoy what the YouTubers enjoy. I mean they have their own goals. And I feel like it benefits the industry in some ways.

People who do it for their personal thing is a different thing as what anime YouTubers do it, they just generally, don't give a fuck. As you said.

In short, in which angle you look at it, the problem still remains intact, I'd be glad to meet a random dude, rather than meet some people who have the same hobby as me, well, yeah, this is how I look at internet in general.

Lord_Sithis said:
No one. Everyone either approves or doesn't care.

You forgot the fact that someone might just be shitposting...
Nov 3, 2016 6:08 AM

Jun 2016
Literally everyone. they said its weird and its a waste of time etc.
Nov 3, 2016 6:15 AM

Jun 2016
no one. I'm free to shut myself in my room the whole day, even whole night :D

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Nov 3, 2016 6:20 AM

May 2015
Luuji222 said:

Ahahaha no offense but it's basically what they call the life of a NEET.
" If a ghost's intention is to scare people, then people are definitely scarier because we have no way of knowing what their intention and thoughts are. "
Nov 3, 2016 6:32 AM

Mar 2015
One time I showed my piano teacher a sheet Music of an anime OP, and she was like 'you're into this shit?' then she went on to tell me of her otaku cousin and warned me to stay away from anime
Nov 3, 2016 6:39 AM

Jun 2016
nisevoucher said:
Luuji222 said:

well, im not offended to be called neet. I'm having my 1 year vecation. and I like to do what i like. awesome.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Nov 3, 2016 6:45 AM

Apr 2016
Nobody, but it isn't like anyone in my familiy cares. Friends are usually annoyed, because I said that I hate DB and the other "big 5".
Nov 3, 2016 3:18 PM

May 2015
Luuji222 said:
nisevoucher said:

well, im not offended to be called neet. I'm having my 1 year vecation. and I like to do what i like. awesome.

Well if it's a vacation it's not exactly a neet. I'm sorry for that. Ahahaha go and enjoy yur life 😁😁😁
Nov 3, 2016 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
Fiji said:
So far, no one. But my siblings and parents haggle me for watching anime for too long since they want to use the computer.

Do you know the who the artist is in your signature? It's a nice drawing
Nov 3, 2016 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
I'm an adult so my parents don't give a damn what I watch. When I was a teenager my mother used to disapprove though because she blamed it for causing me to be aggressive and violent even though I was just going through the typical teenaged angst phase. Currently though no one disapproves of me watching anime and if anyone did I wouldn't really care.
Nov 4, 2016 3:16 PM

Jun 2016
Heh my parents were not really approving of me liking anime back when I first got into it. Years later, they got over it. Surely I had no problems convincing them of the much worse things I could be doing rather then watching anime, playing video games, and dressing up as these anime and game characters at anime conventions.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 30 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
4 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

19 by I_Love_Hate »»
1 minute ago

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - 2 minutes ago

0 by Dominusew »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

29 by juanlqr »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 3 hours ago

13 by Ricchan__ »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.