Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2011 12:57 PM

Mar 2009
jw...actually, i heard someone say its because of the subs. i'm watching on crunchy roll and so far, i haven't found anything puzzling or such...?
Dec 27, 2011 6:11 PM

Jun 2008
People who watch from Hadena. Hadena is really a shitty sub group.

And there's also people who was scared of the 1st episode, complaining too much info when there's another anime that uses the same method and everyone liked it (Baccano).

Those people are just lazy fucks and will easily blame the fanservice.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 28, 2011 2:46 AM
Apr 2009
agreed. It's like if people have to use their brains to figure something out its not really worth it and its automatically dubbed a bad anime.

Now, I admit I was confused for most of the anime and somethings still get me...so i have to rewind, re-read and think about it. But I am understanding it bit by bit...and if I watch it a second time, I think i'll understand it more.

Some anime just requiree a second watch...

that and a bit of effort on the audiences part.
Dec 28, 2011 6:04 AM

Aug 2009
At first and until I wandered into the wiki, yes, I had a little of trouble understanding this... plus I watched the series with Hadena and english isn't my mother tongue...

I may watch it again, but this time with Commie's
Jul 15, 2012 8:08 AM

Mar 2012
Well the plot.. i never even noticed one. I mean all i really got was that the prez was gonna confess to a dead girl and vice prez's mom died and there was a girl without memories
May 29, 2013 4:48 PM

Feb 2013
I'm really late for this, and I doubt anyone will read it, but whatever.

All I've done is seen the first 3 episodes, and read the synopsis. This is what I'm getting:

Some other stuff too, but that's the gist of what I get.
Dec 11, 2014 7:00 PM

Apr 2011
What I want to know is why this garbage has such a high rating ... literally one of the worst anime I've ever seen.
Dec 14, 2014 2:57 AM

Apr 2013
^Because even with its partially failed adaptation and just adapting the prologue, it's still better than most anime in your list.
Now, if you want to keep saying that it's garbage and therefore by direct consequences call garbage two third of your anime list, it's up to you I'd say.

Ouran12 said:
jw...actually, i heard someone say its because of the subs. i'm watching on crunchy roll and so far, i haven't found anything puzzling or such...?

It's really impossible to understand the implications, consequences, motivations and causes of most of what happens in horizon without reading explanations outside of the anime.
Like someone else said though, well, hadena subs on the beginning were especially bad, so to an already complex title, it worsened everything.
You can get the main story line correctly without exterior help, but you won't he able to see the connections between each actions with just this, so it really depends on how deep you're trying to understand the work.
Feb 6, 2015 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
Today would be like the third time I restarted this anime, and I'm still confused as to what's going on and how the characters are in play on the plot. The wikia summaries somewhat helps but it's still a jumbled mess. I'll probably come back to this show some other time with a clear mindset.
Feb 12, 2015 2:12 AM

Apr 2013
You're not supposed to understand what's going on before several episodes. Readers of the novel are lost at the beginning as well. you're thrown into a complex and disorienting world, where everything happening is linked to thousands years of history, where our world changed so much in between that it would take (and will take) several series of book explaining it properly.
Things start to move in the background very quickly, before we can understand the implications of what is moving, changing.
At the beginning, simply being attentive is enough. Understand that almost every single scene is giving important info. Comical scenes in Horizon are merely here to lightens the heaviness of the needed explanations /discussions. If after 5-6 episodes you still don't get what's going on, then indeed using other sources to understand is a good idea.
Sep 23, 2015 1:20 PM
Jul 2015
Blind_Guardian said:
What I want to know is why this garbage has such a high rating ... literally one of the worst anime I've ever seen.
because your brainless and stupid
Oct 30, 2015 2:28 AM

Dec 2008
No this show was just a clusterf*** of nonsense. I tried watching it, but even now it still has no real substance or anything of merit. It was like watching a hastily put together host of other shows with their respective character archetypes just tossed in. And no, I have not seen baccano, and I dont care to.
Nov 2, 2015 2:02 PM

Apr 2013
AnchientProphet2 said:
No this show was just a clusterf*** of nonsense. I tried watching it, but even now it still has no real substance or anything of merit. It was like watching a hastily put together host of other shows with their respective character archetypes just tossed in. And no, I have not seen baccano, and I dont care to.

Everything makes perfect sense though. Most of the explanations aren't available on the anime, yes, but it doesn't transform it into nonsense.
You needing to either think a lot because it didn't took the time to explain it in detail or to read additional explanation = you not understanding the plot in the anime =/= the plot being nonsensical.
Maybe you should stop assuming that you're automatically smart enough to understand what you watch.
Jan 11, 2017 9:44 PM

Dec 2015
Watched season 1 and 2. And they just don't explain certain stuff. For example the different races. (Is it just their world where they always existed or did they origin from humans and transform because of previous technology into those other races.)

Why do they need to re-enact history? They could just discover some technology/do research - to prevent the apocalypse. (And is it even sure that re-enacting history isn't just something random but can prevent he apocalypse for sure.)

What about those gods they make offerings to? (And the whole system ... like the merchant guy buying "attack power" from others? And why to they have to do those "conversation" battles. (Pretty boring to watch in the 1st season and in the 2nd season there are things like these as well ... and it seems there are rules that they are bound by the outcome of such conversations/deals they do. And rules for battles. And they just can't decide to go against it by force.)

But that doesn't seem to be that important if you try to watch it as action/comedy/fanservice/ecchi anime only. Plot seems very weak/uninteresting. (Probably mainly made for fans of the novel to boost novel sales. And fans of the novel with more info might like it ... maybe the pacing and the boring talking/conversations feel different to read than to watch.)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

116 by blacknemesist »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

102 by GiantHunter »»
Jul 22, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 27, 2011

80 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 7, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

77 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:16 PM

» Do the MC ever get powerful?

Amamiya__Ren - May 24, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
Jun 9, 2022 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.