Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 26, 2011 7:49 PM

Aug 2010
Minus the part where one girl gets through a swat team I thought this episode was pretty good.
Dec 26, 2011 8:04 PM

Dec 2011
4th's demise was interesting. Ending.. yay another look at Yuno psychotic personality. Underwear, medicine, wtf was that last thing that was shown? Couldn't tell what it was.
Dec 26, 2011 8:09 PM

Oct 2010
Posse said:
And besides, dunno if she killed all of them, but anyways she shouldn't have gotten away with it, makes no sense really.
She killed them by making them bleed to death through shooting them in the throat.
Shoujo_Q said:
Posse said:
So, how the fuck did Yuno manage to defeat an entire special forces team (or whatever they are)?
Don't worry, this will be justified to the nth degree later on.
So it's as I feared. It's mainly about that. The only thing I don't like about it is how it all really began but no one will understand less they have finished the manga. I for one peaked at the end a little so I know all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 26, 2011 8:25 PM

Mar 2011
Another one bites the black hole.

Skulls in the bag? Quite the assortment of oddities.
Dec 26, 2011 9:55 PM

Jul 2011
rodac said:
There actually may be a good reason why Yuno's skills are considerably higher than the average 14 year old, but it involves a major spoiler. Not having read the Manga, I can't absolutely verify if that is explicity dealt with in later chapters, but there does exist a plausible explanation.

Oops, Shoujo_Q beat me to it by about 2 minutes.

Sounds like youre trying to fill plot holes with "what ifs" It wasnt hinted that way at all in the manga so saying that is just a cover for the bad plot. And theres no point in trying to make sense out of anything that goes on since the show is only really about being a yandere and fickle romance.

And for the people who are just now starting to pay attention to the petty details, once you learn about Yuno's reason for being apart of the game which is the entire motivation for this story go back and watch Tsubaki's arc. It doesnt make sense does it? But it dont fucking matter coz Yuno is a yandere which means shes automatically super awesome which gives her the ability to say Yuki's name in a lower tone of voice which is fucking amazing coz Ive never seen that before!!

Sorry if I sound a bit butt hurt its probably becoz I am. I had expectations for this before I read the manga (which is the first and only manga Ive read) and those expectations went to 0 after I finished it. Moral of the story? Dont read manga and dont compare Nanami from Katanagatari to any Yandere ever becoz they all fail in comparison.

Anyway this ep was no better than the last. I wonder why Nishijima prioritized arresting his boss who was trying to catch bad guys rather than making sure Japan most wanted terrorist that killed dozens of innocent kids in a school does not escape.
InterNetCasaNovaDec 26, 2011 10:06 PM
Dec 26, 2011 10:25 PM

Sep 2011
A great improvement from the last episode. Yuno no longer has the eyes that switch on and off. 4th is finally gone and brings an end to the first half of the series.

And the music! Holy, this episode brings us some really good pieces. Like the piano one that plays during the most dramatic scenes of the episode.

The final scene... Yuno, what's in your bag? I see what you did there.

The Muru Muru short was funny. 4th adding so many sugar cubes into his coffee. Won't he die of diabetes? Oh, that reminds me...

There's no episode next week, but definitely looking forward to the next. It's the start of my favorite arc of the whole series.
Dec 26, 2011 11:38 PM

Nov 2011
I'm actually disappointed Fourth is already gone, I liked him much better after the heel turn.
Dec 27, 2011 1:06 AM

Dec 2010
Another Great Episode; i think they are adapting the manga very well; things are going to get crazy next episode; I'm looking forward to it.
Dec 27, 2011 2:28 AM
Aug 2011
I salute you Forth for doing anything for your child. Episode was good, can't wait for the crazy to begin next episode though xD.

Edit: Looked around the thread, seeing a lot of "Wtf swat team posts"

Beware of applying logic to Yuno and this series. That is all I will say.
Tired_SmurphDec 27, 2011 2:42 AM
Dec 27, 2011 2:29 AM

Jan 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
i think they are adapting the manga very well

+1

Good ep, though I disliked the "Yuno gets through the SWAT" scene...

The rest was ok.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Dec 27, 2011 4:00 AM

Jun 2008
Sanguis said:
Yuno's invincibility is really starting to bug me. Get through a bunch of fully trained SWAT members without getting so much as a scratch? No problem! Somehow pierce through their armor and kill them all in one blow? Nothing a highschooler can't handle!
I don't care how much practice she possibly had, no mere batshit insane 14-year old can be THAT good. If the scene at least had a little bit more action, like ducking, hiding, physical contact, I might have just let it slide by but c'mon. That was a tad bit ridiculous.

That aside, fairly good episode this week. Minene's and Nishijima's awkward relationship is the best thing about this series.

By seeing the scene she seems to be shooting them on the neck so if she really is THAT good then maybe there is a reason that could be explained later. Of course from the start of the show she seemed capable of handling guns and knifes and staff so she must be an expert on killing.
As about the SWAT team being incompetent enough to get killed easily by a single person with a small gun....well normally that would have been crazy but this is the Japanese SWAT we are talking about here. They probably never saw a person with a gun shooting at them in their life.

Another thing that nobody picked-up is the fact that Yuki lost his phone when the police put him down but he never seemed to had the time to pick it back up and yet a few moments later he had it in his pocket when the fourth was threatening to cut Yuno's neck.
Dec 27, 2011 5:12 AM

Oct 2011
once again, perfection - great cliffhanger at the halfway point wondering if yuno and 4th were blown up - plenty of twists and turns - once again minene was amazing and sexy and yuno was super kawaii and psycho-as-hell - this show is simply the best new anime to come along in quite a while!
Dec 27, 2011 5:16 AM

Oct 2011
Monad said:
Sanguis said:
Yuno's invincibility is really starting to bug me. Get through a bunch of fully trained SWAT members without getting so much as a scratch? No problem! Somehow pierce through their armor and kill them all in one blow? Nothing a highschooler can't handle!
I don't care how much practice she possibly had, no mere batshit insane 14-year old can be THAT good. If the scene at least had a little bit more action, like ducking, hiding, physical contact, I might have just let it slide by but c'mon. That was a tad bit ridiculous.

That aside, fairly good episode this week. Minene's and Nishijima's awkward relationship is the best thing about this series.

By seeing the scene she seems to be shooting them on the neck so if she really is THAT good then maybe there is a reason that could be explained later. Of course from the start of the show she seemed capable of handling guns and knifes and staff so she must be an expert on killing.
As about the SWAT team being incompetent enough to get killed easily by a single person with a small gun....well normally that would have been crazy but this is the Japanese SWAT we are talking about here. They probably never saw a person with a gun shooting at them in their life.

Another thing that nobody picked-up is the fact that Yuki lost his phone when the police put him down but he never seemed to had the time to pick it back up and yet a few moments later he had it in his pocket when the fourth was threatening to cut Yuno's neck.
i disagree - i think yuno's invincibility has everything to do with her total lack of sanity or fear - normal people simply can't stand up to stone cold crazy - plus it's just fun to see a girl kick so much ass!!!
Dec 27, 2011 6:43 AM

Aug 2007
I have to say one thing: Yuno is really crazy. In the end of the episode i was like O.o Wgy does Yuno have all the things she mention?
Dec 27, 2011 8:09 AM

Oct 2010
Finally getting back on track. Yuno is as awesome as ever
Dec 27, 2011 8:53 AM

May 2010
Well, I may say the episode improved but flaws are still there as what previous posts have pointed out.

The pull-the-trigger scene is tense but it could have been better.

I don't know what to think about the SWAT scene.
Dec 27, 2011 12:50 PM

Jun 2007
Bloodfox1222 said:
communiist said:
Finally getting back on track. Yuno is as awesome as ever

You know, I'm starting to think that everyone here does not see that she is insane and a murderer.

Nothing wrong with that in anime form.
Dec 27, 2011 3:12 PM

Nov 2011
That empty hospital still irks me. It actually doesn't bother me much when Yuno does amazing dodging and shooting, but Yuki? I think Fourth just fails at using human shields. The event that bothered me the most was why Minene agreed to take care of the child.

Also, is there a reason she's packing skulls on a trip, or was the sole purpose to hammer in further the image of Yuno being batshit crazy?
Dec 27, 2011 3:22 PM

Aug 2011
So Akise Aru is a diary holder!!!!!??
Dec 27, 2011 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
MissileSoup said:
That empty hospital still irks me. It actually doesn't bother me much when Yuno does amazing dodging and shooting, but Yuki? I think Fourth just fails at using human shields. The event that bothered me the most was why Minene agreed to take care of the child.

Also, is there a reason she's packing skulls on a trip, or was the sole purpose to hammer in further the image of Yuno being batshit crazy?

I think I'm possibly a tad too old for this anime?
The points you stated (my words - information spoonfeeding and the characters being a bit mary sue) along with it being impossible to take 'Yuki and Yuno in danger' seriously, dissapoints a bit.

Still, I'll see past th above^ and look forward to what others have to offer, though this is now just watchable personally.

Dec 27, 2011 3:51 PM

Nov 2011
Queen_Stars said:
The points you stated (my words - information spoonfeeding and the characters being a bit mary sue) along with it being impossible to take 'Yuki and Yuno in danger' seriously, dissapoints a bit.

Still, I'll see past th above^ and look forward to what others have to offer, though this is now just watchable personally.

Well, I'm still interested in seeing the ending as well. It's just how they decided to ruin a good premise with bad writing that irks me. And apparently this is a pretty accurate adaptation of the manga. Meh.
Dec 27, 2011 3:59 PM

Jul 2009
MissileSoup said:
Queen_Stars said:

Well, I'm still interested in seeing the ending as well. It's just how they decided to ruin a good premise with bad writing that irks me. And apparently this is a pretty accurate adaptation of the manga. Meh.

I totally agree.
This attracted me years ago - I ment to read the manga when it was still fairly new, yet never got around to it, therefore, the anime adaptation announcement was a relief for me.
^The point being the plot not only has a lot of potential but is right up my street, so I want to like it.
I'm wondering if this is general shounen material however?
Perhaps it could do better as a seinen?

Dec 27, 2011 4:15 PM

Mar 2009
This anime is taking suspension of belief to a new level.

The biggest issue was the scene with the flash grenades. It should be clear to anyone with minimal combat training that the grenades Yuno and Yuki possessed were flash grenades. So, Fourth reacting the way he did when Yuno was charging at him was a bit puzzling. The only conclusion I can come to is that Fourth planned the entire event.

I disagree with the idea that Yuno is crazy. Apart from murdering her family, her actions to this point have been mostly logical.
Dec 27, 2011 4:41 PM

Nov 2011
Queen_Stars said:

I totally agree.
This attracted me years ago - I ment to read the manga when it was still fairly new, yet never got around to it, therefore, the anime adaptation announcement was a relief for me.
^The point being the plot not only has a lot of potential but is right up my street, so I want to like it.

Well I don't know. From similar manga/anime I've seen, Doubt (shounen) suffers from the same problems. Battle Royale (seinen) has a similar plot, but suffers from different flaws. I did like it better than the previous two though. However I don't think I've seen enough to answer your questions. And I see that you haven't read either, so this may be a moot point. Being a shounen doesn't excuse bad writing though.
Dec 27, 2011 5:03 PM

Jul 2009
MissileSoup said:
Queen_Stars said:

I totally agree.

Well I don't know. From similar manga/anime I've seen, Doubt (shounen) suffers from the same problems. Battle Royale (seinen) has a similar plot, but suffers from different flaws. I did like it better than the previous two though. However I don't think I've seen enough to answer your questions. And I see that you haven't read either, so this may be a moot point. Being a shounen doesn't excuse bad writing though.

I know being a shounen doesn't excuse questionable writting (I have viewed 'meh' seinen's and ace shounen's).
I'm just wondering whether more could have been done with this series if the writer(s) had more at their disposal - there's often a number of psycological elements that put a series in a certian demegraphic, aswell as a number of known writing tools that are 'typical' within a(nother) demegraphics.
Also, being that this is geared towards younger* people, for marketing reasons, it's in productions (manga or anime's) best interest that the plot goes in a certian direction - one that will keep the audience happy.

On a whole - I can pretty much see how this will end, even if we aren't even half way threw.
Though I'm always open to a suprise.

Dec 27, 2011 8:31 PM

Feb 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Shih said:
What is in the bag? =O
This in the spoiler they made it unclear totally in this episode. Comparison is in the spoiler
It basically proves that Yuno hid the bodies and took their heads. Sounds familiar to school days? Can you assume and stipulate without the manga, NICE BOAT END? Possible with that. OMG Yuki's head in there is not something to think about it. Nope not at all. Also it should remind you of Katsura Kotonoha.

Why would she bring something like that? o.O
Dec 27, 2011 8:46 PM

Jul 2011
She brought it because home is where the head is
Dec 27, 2011 8:47 PM
Jun 2008
ok then so after all that yea now cop dairy is gone yea next ep going to mid-point of series yet looking inside that bag "skulls" will roll.

indeed cop dairy going all length even gun showdown with yuno to flashboom, holding yuno with knife to be god!!!

yuki really pull big shot by shot the cop dairy & then being exposed by ninth with young cop as witness so cop diary person pull a sorry break his phone & "bye" with favor keep his son safe.

oh yea indeed keep beware of yuno after message of aru but yoink yuno "whacked" the message now she all "bag skulls" in her bag hmm indeed mid-point eps is next.

oh mur mur extra reveal more how cop dairy want to be cop give cause old man beat up & breaking house give later run away kick the bucket & also cause of cop dairy want to be cop to beat up rubbish while explain in coffee place.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 27, 2011 9:52 PM

Sep 2007
Argh so many people complaining about plot holes! Though...okay I admit the show would've been way better if it didn't have such gaping plot holes, but I'm still enjoying it! This episodes was pretty alright I guess. Even though I read the manga, I can't remember anything (epic fail on my part), so...who's skulls are those? Hopefully some crazy stuff will happen next~~ :D
Dec 28, 2011 12:26 AM

Jul 2011
tofupika said:
Argh so many people complaining about plot holes! Though...okay I admit the show would've been way better if it didn't have such gaping plot holes, but I'm still enjoying it! This episodes was pretty alright I guess. Even though I read the manga, I can't remember anything (epic fail on my part), so...who's skulls are those? Hopefully some crazy stuff will happen next~~ :D

I kno right? What people should be complaining about is how 99.9% of all of Yuno's kills have 0 psychological impact since all of the people she murder are killed in a normal way. But at least there are enough shock scenes like the "tools in the bag" or "skulls" to give off the illusion that she is a Yandere so Id give it a point for that. Wonder if this show will produce one single decent kill like Ep 2 of Fate/Zero with Caster and the child but probably not because this show is for kids.

Mirai gets labeled psychological but not this? Hahahaha Someone is trolling and its not just me ;)
InterNetCasaNovaDec 28, 2011 12:32 AM
Dec 28, 2011 3:29 AM

Aug 2010
Finally Yukiteru is falling for Yuno, I've been waiting for him to genuinely love her. She was perfect in this episode too. I'm so glad the author decided to have a yandere in the spotlight, not to mention that it got an adaptation.

The reunion between Minene and Nishijima was really funny. 5/5.
Dec 28, 2011 6:46 AM

Jul 2011
Has all been said already. Must like that last episode it was pretty disappointing. It's starting to have so many holes in it it makes Swiss cheese jealous. Will say that it sure is nice how there is no consequence to shooting cops, though.

Was still somewhat entertaining so 3/5.
Dec 28, 2011 11:31 AM

May 2008
Yuno is really starting to piss me off..she's too fucking clingy with Yuki and just does whatever the fuck she wants and goes psycho if she doesn't get her way with him. What a controlling bitch.

I really want her to die actually. I know what it's like to be pinned down by a 'relationship' and she really needs to gtfo.

Dec 28, 2011 10:24 PM

Nov 2010
That last scene ... freaky :D
Dec 29, 2011 3:31 AM
Jun 2011
Awesome Episode! Loved it! cant wait for episode 13. :)
Dec 29, 2011 9:13 AM

Nov 2008
lol. Really liked the reason behind Kurusu becoming a detective. ^^
Dec 29, 2011 6:37 PM

Oct 2008
dene323 said:
Posse said:
So, how the fuck did Yuno manage to defeat an entire special forces team (or whatever they are)?

And besides, dunno if she killed all of them, but anyways she shouldn't have gotten away with it, makes no sense really.

Overall the episode was entertaining, but it had really big flaws.

Well, she didn't (completely) get away with this... arrest warrant is still active, but she has somehow dodged police and went into hiding before meeting Yuki at the end (as per Akise's text message, warning Yuki to stay away from her).

At least according to what Yuki says here:

It's not like she dodged the police but rather that they investigated her and let her go, that's what doesn't make any sense imo, even though everything that happened was pretty much 4th's fault, the fact that she killed (or attempted to kill) a whole special forces squad is still true.

Shoujo_Q said:
Posse said:

Good episode, this.

I'll have to wait then :P
Dec 29, 2011 6:47 PM

Feb 2010
Posse said:
dene323 said:
Posse said:

Well, she didn't (completely) get away with this... arrest warrant is still active, but she has somehow dodged police and went into hiding before meeting Yuki at the end (as per Akise's text message, warning Yuki to stay away from her).

It's not like she dodged the police but rather that they investigated her and let her go, that's what doesn't make any sense imo, even though everything that happened was pretty much 4th's fault, the fact that she killed (or attempted to kill) a whole special forces squad is still true.

Shoujo_Q said:
Posse said:

Good episode, this.

I'll have to wait then :P

No one alives knows that yuno killed that swat team, nishijima could just invent something to cover that up, its not the big deal imo.
Dec 29, 2011 6:59 PM
Dec 2011
About the flash grenade - Usually the grenades can be produced in same format and the only thing, that seperates them is the collor. The M84 style grenade (which was used in Mirai Nikki Anime (manga just used usual grenade, maybe for more unexpected moment, but it was pretty good in anime too)) happens to be used for exploding fillings, smoke and the flashbangs. The only thing that seperates them is the collor which is usually in the middle of grenade. Since Uryuu is making bombs by herself, she maybe saw that it's not needed to put a color on the shell of the grenade, maybe for very reason to confuse someone when it's being thrown... Or maybe she run out of paint...

About the ability of Yuno to be able to kill swat so precisely - This one quite a big spoiler or so so
it was the same with Reisuke (fifth diary holder), it's not a big spoiler, since it's a kind off sidestory which might not be included in anime anymore (maybe OVA later on?) in

As for the 4th, he was probably my favorite character in anime. He really acted like Light from Death Note, who actually wanted to clean and help everyone. He was beated by his dad because that he stole something, but when his dad stole something there was noone to stop him. So Kurusu became a cop to stop everyone before it's too late. It's kinda sad and ironic, that in the end he actually stops himself. It was so epic when he declined Uryuu, though! Also he will be mentioned again in next episode by
. Though even in his death Kurusu actually helped Yuki to clean his name, since he prepared some files, which stated something that made Yuki's name clear.

P.S. I put some spoiler tags, but now that i look in them there's not that much spoilering, i always try to tie them really up.
Dec 29, 2011 7:43 PM
Dec 2009
Posse said:
dene323 said:
Posse said:

Well, they definitely questioned her, but...
- the only witness to the whole shooting SWAT scene was Yuki.
- 4th disappeared into the void, so to outsiders, did he flee the scene?
- the gun involved was a standard issued police revolver, even though you can do finger print and ballistic analysis etc, it will take time to recover the gun, the bullet fragments from the bodies in order to recreate the scene, which leads to the next point,
- the scene of the crime collasped due to explosion, with bodies scattered, buried, possibly burned to some degree...
- of course the whole thing is still a mess, and Yuno wouldn't be off the hook that easy, but police really didn't have too much to hold two minors (who were victims of police framing and brutality) for extended period of time without a solid case.

So chances are our duo were questioned for a day or so and out on bail ("don't leave town") while CSI team do their work. There were definitely officers following both of them. Yuki was probably unaware and just happy to be home, while shaking off "stalker" police was a cakewalk for Yuno (being a professional and all :P)
Dec 29, 2011 10:33 PM

Jul 2011
Till the last moment i was thinking i may have liked that obsessive bloody murderer Yuno; also i was starting to like her if she didnt show her 'good' side at the last point. But anyway that was the best episode ever. I think I like Yuno more when she is as is.
Dec 30, 2011 10:11 AM

Nov 2009
Okay so it's confirmed there's a Homestuck in the Mirai Nikki staff. "Room 413"
Dec 30, 2011 4:22 PM

Apr 2007
Better than the last episode, which lacked any excitement or intensity.

Though now we're moving into my least favorite part in the series. There are some good moments, but I hate the reason it even happens in the first place :/
Dec 30, 2011 5:10 PM

May 2011
Wow, I think Yukki actually meant it this time, plus he actually grew balls and kissed her. Seeing Yuno light up like that is just great. Loving where their relationship is heading.

So they are going to visit Yukki's dad first, well I can see why Yuno needs those special equipment. Next episode is gunna be fun to watch.
Dec 31, 2011 1:06 AM

Mar 2010
I didn't really get what I had got out of the other episodes this time around. This episode felt like it didn't belong and mesh in with how the other episodes played out so far in the series. Maybe it was because it felt too rushed. Or maybe just the fact that it was kind of cheesy. But, something didn't feel right in this episode (and this time it wasn't because of Yuno). Ha ha. Looking forward to the next!
Dec 31, 2011 1:36 AM

Apr 2007
Just when I think Yuno was alright, maybe had a crappy childhood or something, who knows, but she and Yukki are in love now and stuff and maybe she isnt as crazy as she used to be, NOPE shes just as crazy as always! The hell is wrong with that chick?
Blergh.
Dec 31, 2011 9:30 AM

Sep 2010
WTF! did a high school girl just kill 6 fully armored swat officers with just a 9mm... (not to mention only with one shot for each.....) and didn't hit by even a single bullet *the_irony*

4 / 5
Dec 31, 2011 11:20 PM

May 2011
syringes, pills, SKULLS man this anime is getting scarier every episode -.- wonder if something is gonna happen to yuukis dad
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Jan 1, 2012 11:27 PM

Sep 2011
The life of 4th ends here. He makes a pacts with Minene to take care of his sons, it's nice of him

Yuno is so sweet... Until the next arc
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 2, 2012 4:45 AM

Jul 2010
Why didn't any of the trained SWAT or even the Chief notice it wasn't a grenade but just a flashbang? Anyway, that was the last of Fourth.
Looks like Akise is also still around and it appears he'll be Yuno's next target.

Why the hell did she bring medicine and not to mention skulls in her bag! O_O

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 29, 2012

159 by Salty_Cookie »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

219 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 14, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

363 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 3, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2012

680 by Alex16hz »»
Apr 2, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 11, 2012

264 by Alex16hz »»
Apr 1, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.