Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 12 Discussion


Dec 27, 2011 10:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4803
mdz said:
Touching and all, but the plot is getting ridiculously linear and cliche.

Not exactly sure how Shana has the ability to hold her own against Yuji, the power gap should be ridiculous. The power of love isn't a valid reason.


Shana is channeling Alastor's power which is about on the same level if not stronger than the snake of the festival.
The power gap is very close, it's just that the snake himself is using his power through Yuji while Shana is using Alastor's power by herself. If Shana could use Alastor's power freely she'll be at least as strong as Yuji now is.
 
Dec 27, 2011 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2086
Leon-Gun said:

It's funny because I'm pretty sure Sophie actually meant "forget about him, you're just a Flame Haze" but Shana took it as "you're not just a Flame Haze". And they fear the God of Creation but Alastor is the God of Destruction and every bit as powerful as the Snake. A little bit hypocritical that they let Alastor run free when he has the power of absolute destruction. Sounds to me like a more dangerous guy.


Remember that this "God of Destruction" came to this world and contracted with a flame haze just like them. They dont need to fear a god that is very clearly on their side. The God on Creation on the other hand is clearly trying to change the laws of the world so for these flame hazes whose job is to keep the current status quo they see him as a serious threat.

Also its a bit sad how there seems to be so many people that dislike Sophie, she is a very caring person and she was like a second (or third if you count Wilhelmina) mother to Shana after she became a Flame Haze. At the same time though she takes her duties as flame haze very serously so it seems she is just being portrayed as another "tool" for a bunch of people here.
 
Dec 27, 2011 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3439
OMG, my love is the strongest one in the world after I developed for 20 years. Doesn't mean I am capable of destroying the world now? I guess I better try it.


"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
 
Dec 28, 2011 5:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
game8910 said:
Leon-Gun said:

It's funny because I'm pretty sure Sophie actually meant "forget about him, you're just a Flame Haze" but Shana took it as "you're not just a Flame Haze". And they fear the God of Creation but Alastor is the God of Destruction and every bit as powerful as the Snake. A little bit hypocritical that they let Alastor run free when he has the power of absolute destruction. Sounds to me like a more dangerous guy.


Remember that this "God of Destruction" came to this world and contracted with a flame haze just like them. They dont need to fear a god that is very clearly on their side. The God on Creation on the other hand is clearly trying to change the laws of the world so for these flame hazes whose job is to keep the current status quo they see him as a serious threat.

Also its a bit sad how there seems to be so many people that dislike Sophie, she is a very caring person and she was like a second (or third if you count Wilhelmina) mother to Shana after she became a Flame Haze. At the same time though she takes her duties as flame haze very serously so it seems she is just being portrayed as another "tool" for a bunch of people here.
It's probably because of what they decided to emphasize. That said while I know what you mean, do remember not all Flame Hazes have the same goal, they merely cooperate with those of their same rank or order those of lower rank. Alastor is a God of Guze, he could easily change sides without opposition if such was his wish. In fact, had Yuuji had managed to deliver his plan more clearly and Shana had accepted said plan Alastor would have followed Shana's judgement and the Flame Hazes would have had two Gods to fight against.

 
Dec 28, 2011 9:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 8091
Well, it's about time she finally said it. She sure took some time to come to terms with her feelings.
 
Dec 28, 2011 10:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6387
So that's legendary "flame haired red hot eyes hunter" (Something I should've typed 2 episodes back, when she killed a king of Guze with relative ease)

Shana's full power has finally awakened.

Basically, without Yuji, she'll just be a flame haze, and she would've done what a flame haze should've done the moment they cross sword(Tenpa Jyousai). The only reason she's withholding the releasing of Alastor is because she's being Shana, trying to defeat Yuji without killing him. And If Sairei were to abandon Yuji, which sepearates Yuji and himself, she'll release Alastor at will and let the two gods duke it out. Outcome = unknown.

Contractor of Destruction vs Vessel of Creation.
Ideal vs Ideal
Nietono no Shana vs Sakai yuji

amazing way to end the first half of the season.

EDIT: Side note... What is the relation between Sabrac and Mare? Mare is that weak tomogara from season 2 episode 1, apparently she is so weak that even Yuji can't detect her presence.
Modified by AirStyles, Dec 29, 2011 12:02 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 29, 2011 2:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 305
So I've been waiting for this for years, and I'm now finally half way through.

Time passes so fast, and it's so sad.

I don't want this to end.
 
Dec 31, 2011 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2360
EPIC conclusion to 1 half of the season loved it... wonder wat will happen next.

damn why did the first volume sell only 2k lol
 
Jan 1, 2012 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 240
great episodes , it took 2 and half seasons for us to hear it.

judging from the review it looks like shana is going to lose and maybe someone will die
 
Jan 2, 2012 3:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6387
Shanablaze said:
AirStyles said:
So that's legendary "flame haired red hot eyes hunter" (Something I should've typed 2 episodes back, when she killed a king of Guze with relative ease)

Shana's full power has finally awakened.

Basically, without Yuji, she'll just be a flame haze, and she would've done what a flame haze should've done the moment they cross sword(Tenpa Jyousai). The only reason she's withholding the releasing of Alastor is because she's being Shana, trying to defeat Yuji without killing him. And If Sairei were to abandon Yuji, which sepearates Yuji and himself, she'll release Alastor at will and let the two gods duke it out. Outcome = unknown.

Contractor of Destruction vs Vessel of Creation.
Ideal vs Ideal
Nietono no Shana vs Sakai yuji

amazing way to end the first half of the season.

EDIT: Side note... What is the relation between Sabrac and Mare? Mare is that weak tomogara from season 2 episode 1, apparently she is so weak that even Yuji can't detect her presence.


Season 2? I swear I never saw her. pics?


oh sure







She's ridiculously weak, got killed in just one shot.
Modified by AirStyles, Jan 2, 2012 3:55 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 4, 2012 9:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 551
So I am finally caught up, watched every season this week. I have to say this season is refreshing compared to season 2.

My biggest fear of this show is that they focused on the romance too much. Which wouldn't be a problem to me usually. It just leads me to believe that the ending is either going to be predictable. Because you can't be so romance heavy and than end bittersweet. Which is fine I like happy endings. Or it will be bittersweet and they will annoy a lot of their fans.

I wish the final volume was translated. <_<
Modified by Tired_Smurph, Jan 4, 2012 10:28 PM
 
Jan 5, 2012 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3736
lolol, I agree with Yuji, this shit is funny as fuck. Her strongest unrestricted spell is "love?" That's about as corny as it gets.

Dr_Smurph said:
Because you can't be so romance heavy and than end bittersweet.

Yes you can. Plenty of anime's that have primarily focused on romance had bittersweet endings.

 
Jan 5, 2012 10:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 551
lucjan said:
lolol, I agree with Yuji, this shit is funny as fuck. Her strongest unrestricted spell is "love?" That's about as corny as it gets.

Dr_Smurph said:
Because you can't be so romance heavy and than end bittersweet.

Yes you can. Plenty of anime's that have primarily focused on romance had bittersweet endings.


I meant it like you can't have it and expect the fans to take it well. I know it is possible. Hence me saying "Or it will be bittersweet and they will annoy a lot of their fans." I was stating that usually if they plan to end bittersweet they will not be so heavily focused on romance and if they do I see it as a mistake.

I also agree it was corny but at the same time I mean without Yuji she wouldn't be who she currently is. it may be cheesy but love does change people and for her increases her power.
Modified by Tired_Smurph, Jan 5, 2012 10:57 AM
 
Jan 5, 2012 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1415
Well, she said it.

Lets see what love can do...

Ajunky said:
So...

LMAO
 
Jan 6, 2012 10:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3715
"Love is the strongest unrestricted spell."

Ugh.
 
Jan 6, 2012 10:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2886
bullshit talking at the end.


why shana didnt ask anyting to alastor when he came back?


why is everything so shitty in shana?
 
Jan 12, 2012 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1688
Great episode.
 
Jan 13, 2012 6:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 11493
Not sure if I'm liking this or not. Probably not.
 
Jan 20, 2012 6:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1205
Love??? is that it? the strongest unrestricted spell?? Goddamn this cliches...

Plz god don't let me down
 
Feb 2, 2012 5:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2424
Awwww. Shana talking about her feelings like that. So sweet NOT
weh
 
Feb 7, 2012 8:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1281
um, sory but wtf!? this might be one of the most confusing anime's ever/ worst, i am not enjoying this at all, i wonder how i even finished the first two seasons this is so bad.
 
Feb 10, 2012 5:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3361
I really wish the bad guys would win. Sabrac is cool, that big eel guy was cool. the big snake god is cool. even the Trinity and that bug guy.

but the "good guys"? some dumb grandma old nun. a maid. some chick. a kid. oh and an annoying loli.

seemed like Shana would never shut up at the end. I wish that big snake would EAT HER. loli = dead would make this a great series! even though it will never happen.
 
Apr 5, 2012 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 406
Shana's reason for fighting on is damn stupid
I expected the rest to facepalm, instead they got mad
so I facepalmed in their place
 
Jun 20, 2012 5:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 5429
Ok i didn't quite understand the whole meaning behind what shana was saying, but the strongest spell is love? Kind of cliche if you ask me, its like love conquers all huh? I do appreciate that shana finally confessed her self to yuji but serously could of took a better time lol.

The rest of the gang are having trouble defeating sabrac.

So i guess this is it, down to the final act of the first half of season 3.

Yuji and shana finally fight each other and i guess the secrets and reasoning behind why yuji wants to change the world will be revealed after this final battle.

Next episode should be good with some revelations of sorts.
Modified by link9us, Jun 20, 2012 5:41 PM



 
Jul 4, 2012 5:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1007
So Mr. Perfect Sakai Yuji/Snake of the Festival (who once got banished for trying to change the world in a bit onesided way..) does not tell anyone his true goals, not his army, not his generals, not his friends, not even the one he does it all for - his love, making everyone fight in an all out war he started (it was only some clashes now and then before) to avoid having to fight each other in the future?

Wouldn't it be easier to tell everyone, right now? The future is only a moment away, whats the point if makking everyone fight if he wants to stop the war? If he can't stop it otherwise, okay, but that's not the case.

If he can convince Shana, it would be over. The Flame Haze would ultimately follow Shana, especially as they only fight because of the actions of the Tomogora (that is the goal of the Flame Haze as organization, to keep the balance and stuff), and Yuji/The Snake of the Festival would keep the Tomogora in check, especially as it's quite possible that Hecate would follow suit, as long as she is only interested in him as a god, and does not become jealous.

If some Tomogora do not accept that? Kill them. I mean, thats what he is doing right now, only that nobody had the chance to accept it because he told nobody.

Or we arrive at where he doesn't actually want to make a perfect world for everyone, but only for Tomogora like before (even Bal Masque thinks so), making it ince again perfectly valid for the Flame Haze to fight.

It's all up to Yuji/The Snake of the Festival, no one else, not Bal Masque, not the Flame Haze, not Shana. He has the power to stop it by explaining himself, but he decided not to.
 
Aug 13, 2012 1:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 171
Shana said it!! Finally!

The least he could have done is said it back...

It seems Yuji/Serei's plan is so much bigger than everything that's going on that they can both just laugh it off in the face of anything.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
 
Dec 22, 2012 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15642
Seriously, Yuji's objective is beyond my understanding. He's totally out of character since the first episode of this season.


 
Feb 11, 2013 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6383
Sa-chan_ said:
Seriously, Yuji's objective is beyond my understanding. He's totally out of character since the first episode of this season.


Everything happening right now is beyond my understanding.
 
Mar 20, 2013 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4334
NwAurion said:
So Mr. Perfect Sakai Yuji/Snake of the Festival (who once got banished for trying to change the world in a bit onesided way..) does not tell anyone his true goals, not his army, not his generals, not his friends, not even the one he does it all for - his love, making everyone fight in an all out war he started (it was only some clashes now and then before) to avoid having to fight each other in the future?

Wouldn't it be easier to tell everyone, right now? The future is only a moment away, whats the point if makking everyone fight if he wants to stop the war? If he can't stop it otherwise, okay, but that's not the case.

If he can convince Shana, it would be over. The Flame Haze would ultimately follow Shana, especially as they only fight because of the actions of the Tomogora (that is the goal of the Flame Haze as organization, to keep the balance and stuff), and Yuji/The Snake of the Festival would keep the Tomogora in check, especially as it's quite possible that Hecate would follow suit, as long as she is only interested in him as a god, and does not become jealous.

If some Tomogora do not accept that? Kill them. I mean, thats what he is doing right now, only that nobody had the chance to accept it because he told nobody.

Or we arrive at where he doesn't actually want to make a perfect world for everyone, but only for Tomogora like before (even Bal Masque thinks so), making it ince again perfectly valid for the Flame Haze to fight.

It's all up to Yuji/The Snake of the Festival, no one else, not Bal Masque, not the Flame Haze, not Shana. He has the power to stop it by explaining himself, but he decided not to.



u think its that easy??? they wont ever listen to snake god nor no1 from their side!!!thei are like religious fools who only believe old stories from ancient people that this god is good & this god is evil, they see only black & white, cause they have been taught that Snake god's/monster side is evil & they are good monster hunters, & never considers that this teachings mite be wrong!!! that's why war is inevitable, cause they wold never listen to Snake god's/monster side, hes smart & can predict that, if he wold tell others, hes plan what ever it is mite fail, even i wold not take that risk if i wold want to make world better hes way
Modified by Sugram22, Mar 20, 2013 12:23 PM
 
Mar 20, 2013 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4334
for some reason i'm siding with snake god, my gut tells me he has a good plan :), war part is bad, but i believe that in the end all of it is worth it, u know the saying? no sacrifice no victory, peace often comes with a price!!!
 
Mar 20, 2013 5:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1007
Sugram22 said:
NwAurion said:
snip



u think its that easy??? they wont ever listen to snake god nor no1 from their side!!!thei are like religious fools who only believe old stories from ancient people that this god is good & this god is evil, they see only black & white, cause they have been taught that Snake god's/monster side is evil & they are good monster hunters, & never considers that this teachings mite be wrong!!! that's why war is inevitable, cause they wold never listen to Snake god's/monster side, hes smart & can predict that, if he wold tell others, hes plan what ever it is mite fail, even i wold not take that risk if i wold want to make world better hes way


I don't think Shana would toss his plan aside so easily when she would know the full extent and that Yuji fully supports it. And Alastor would understand the plan as well. He is a god of the tomogora like the Snake of the Festival, too. Whether he would agree would depend on what Shanas opinion is again. They could also ask other, most likely unbiased people like the Spiral Organ for an opinion. Or *gasp* Kazumi.

The most annoying thing is though that he blames them for it, even though he does everything to ensure that they have no choice but to (unknowingly) follow *his* plan. Which includes lots of - in the context of this plan - necessary causalities, and even more even for this plan unnecessary causalities on both sides.

To sum i up: Yes, i think it is that easy.
 
Mar 20, 2013 5:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4334
NwAurion said:
Sugram22 said:



u think its that easy??? they wont ever listen to snake god nor no1 from their side!!!thei are like religious fools who only believe old stories from ancient people that this god is good & this god is evil, they see only black & white, cause they have been taught that Snake god's/monster side is evil & they are good monster hunters, & never considers that this teachings mite be wrong!!! that's why war is inevitable, cause they wold never listen to Snake god's/monster side, hes smart & can predict that, if he wold tell others, hes plan what ever it is mite fail, even i wold not take that risk if i wold want to make world better hes way


I don't think Shana would toss his plan aside so easily when she would know the full extent and that Yuji fully supports it. And Alastor would understand the plan as well. He is a god of the tomogora like the Snake of the Festival, too. Whether he would agree would depend on what Shanas opinion is again. They could also ask other, most likely unbiased people like the Spiral Organ for an opinion. Or *gasp* Kazumi.

The most annoying thing is though that he blames them for it, even though he does everything to ensure that they have no choice but to (unknowingly) follow *his* plan. Which includes lots of - in the context of this plan - necessary causalities, and even more even for this plan unnecessary causalities on both sides.

To sum i up: Yes, i think it is that easy.


well i think the Hazes side is to thick headed & stuck with their religion that they wont listen to a voice of reason

they have been raised with that kind of a teachings, have u not seen religious people in real world? how crazy they some of them can be, example, some refuse medical help cause of their religion, & they are willing to die cause of it

Shana may or may not listen, but its still to big of a risk, if she sides with him she mite tell others cause she tries to convince them that its best way (to prevent the war getting bigger) & they ruin hes plan & maybe even convince Shana its a bad plan & she changes sides again what ever it is
Modified by Sugram22, Sep 28, 2017 10:14 AM
 
Aug 16, 2013 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 690
Sabrac so badass i bet he can fight yuji 1v1
 
Sep 29, 2013 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1563
prismheart said:
I keep wanting to call Sabrac, Edge (the ninja from FFIV). I'm actually looking forward to the next episode even though my favorite character is gone.


He reminds me of Kakashi or White Star with different color schemes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 6, 2013 7:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16288
My favorite episode of SnS to date! That stand off at the end was pure epicness and I don't know how many times I've mentioned that the ED song perfectly fits with the foreground, but I'll say it again.

And I loved the way Shana threatened the God of Creation if he tried to kill Yuji! Too awesome/cute at the same time!!! ^_^

Oh yeah and Sabrac OP. He's fighting 3 flame hazes at once and still kicking their butts.

Ahh, so many things to look forward to in the next episode, but I'll start with the new OP/EDs, I'm sure they're gong to be good.
Modified by emeraldrosary, Dec 6, 2013 7:08 AM
 
Dec 24, 2013 9:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1375
Okay, so Yuji believes that the Snake can alter everything in the world and make everything for the better while Shana thinks the Snake might do something evil.
Been a long time since the last interesting episode, which was Ep. 4 -.-
 
Feb 9, 2014 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2161
Oh god please not another AI NO CHIKARA bs at the main point.
This ep reminds me why Sabrac was my fav character in show.
 
Apr 6, 2014 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 4245
Damn, I just understood that all that Sabrac have to do is wound the three Flame Hazes, then retire and let ''stigma'' do the rest of the job. They have to find a way to kill him fast or they'll all be wounded to death.

So this is the Snake true form. Now all he have to de left is to get out of Yuuji body and go into that big ugly snake. Awakening scene was pretty cool. So Bel-Peol does have an eye behind her eyepatch... :P

Now, nun evilish looking lady seem in deep trouble and I can't see how she'll fix that situation. Well, there is Margery coming in so that may be her last joker card.

Shana finally confessed but that wasn't the best reaction she could have received xD
She is pretty good at bargaining though. As I thought, the only thing that he wanted is to not have Shana against him and once he would have changed the world has he said, he could get rid of Yuuji.

I still can't believe that Yuuji doesn't have a plan in the head other than thinking that the Snake of Festival is a good guy and that they would let them all live together happily.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
 
Jun 16, 2014 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 422
Wow Awesome Ending
 
Jul 8, 2014 9:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 43
Oh Shana why must you say it at a time like this.
and Sabrac badass as ever
 
Oct 24, 2014 1:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 598
Sabrac was so badass! And yay for Shana having the courage to finally say it.
 
Mar 8, 2017 11:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 6560
So the God of Creations true body...is like a bigger version of that guy who died to nun lady? Kay then.
 
Jun 14, 2017 4:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 14124
Another great episode, the fight against Sabrac was tense, he's a really tough guy, going at it with three strong Flame Hazes is quite impressive.

Shanas words towards Hebi got me goosebumps.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

 
Jun 21, 1:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4334
Leon-Gun said:
Kimberly said:
The flame haze are trying to stop Yuuji because it's not guaranteed that everything will go right if his plan succeeds. It could destroy the balance of the world.
A balance that serves nobody. Basically the Flame Hazes just want to perpetuate the battle between the Denizens of Guze and the Flame Hazes eternally without really caring the sacrifices needed to keep the balance. The Kings and Gods inhabit humans and use them until their bodies are exhausted then move on to a new host "Flame Haze", and they don't care how many humans are erased from existence so long as the number is kept small and they may even get some humans involve just to lure enemies out. I dare say the "good guys" are really no better than the antagonists.


this

+1

thats one reason i am on hes side
 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]