Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 12 Discussion


#1
Dec 23, 2011 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2086
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FANTASTIC EPISODE!

I just love Sabrac, this guy is the ultimate tank and he makes fighting Wilhelmina, Kamshin, and Rebecca 3 on 1 look simple. Most badass Shana character in the series easily.


AND NOW SHANA VS YUJI ROUND 2 FOR NEXT EPISODE! This season has just been fantastic the whole way, im very happy with JC Staff right now.


However we will have to wait, due to christmas and new years there will not be any new Shana next week....
Modified by game8910, Dec 23, 2011 9:11 AM
 
#2
Dec 23, 2011 10:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 623
Touching and all, but the plot is getting ridiculously linear and cliche.

Not exactly sure how Shana has the ability to hold her own against Yuji, the power gap should be ridiculous. The power of love isn't a valid reason.
Modified by mdz, Dec 24, 2011 12:34 PM
 
#3
Dec 23, 2011 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 494
Omg... most have been the best episode yet. Gahhh.. I'm trembling with excitement, and happiness.

Gah, I'm smiling like an idiot right now.



Man, I'm going to die waiting for the next episode.
 
#4
Dec 23, 2011 11:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 24
Amazing episode! Gotta be my fovourite so far :) Lots of action with Sabrac, Shana and Yuji and those words at end... simply left me speechless. This season never stops to amaze me. Whenever i think some episode is perfect then comes even better one. I can't even imagine how awesome the final episodes will be...
 
#5
Dec 23, 2011 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1739
Great episode. It seems like its going to be all action until the end.
 
#6
Dec 23, 2011 12:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1814
Now, that was a good episode, some nice action there...
 
#7
Dec 23, 2011 12:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3985
I had a feeling it would end like that.........No fight between them and just vowing to stop Yuji and the guy who possesses him. I can't wait for the next episode. I think its the episode ALL OF US WERE WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
#8
Dec 23, 2011 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
This episode was so epic, Sabrac is one of my favorite antagonists and man is the action really heating up.

She finally said it!. coulda picked a better time or place but dang been waiting on that forever.

cant wait for episode 13
"Even if the morrow is barren of promise.. nothing shall forestall my return."
nothing shall forestall my return."
 
#9
Dec 23, 2011 2:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2054
shame we will have to wait until january to see the new episode

and wow that some huge snake
Modified by saka, Dec 25, 2011 1:11 PM
 
Dec 23, 2011 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
elior1 said:
and wow that some huge snake
Indeed, i take it that's sairei's real body?
"Even if the morrow is barren of promise.. nothing shall forestall my return."
nothing shall forestall my return."
 
Dec 23, 2011 2:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 5970
I keep wanting to call Sabrac, Edge (the ninja from FFIV). I'm actually looking forward to the next episode even though my favorite character is gone.
 
Dec 23, 2011 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 144
prismheart said:
I keep wanting to call Sabrac, Edge (the ninja from FFIV). I'm actually looking forward to the next episode even though my favorite character is gone.
who's your favorite character?
"Even if the morrow is barren of promise.. nothing shall forestall my return."
nothing shall forestall my return."
 
Dec 23, 2011 3:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2054
jjredster said:
elior1 said:
and wow that some huge snake
Indeed, i take it that's sairei's real body?
yes it his real body
 
Dec 23, 2011 4:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 831
That little talk at the end was amusing. By now everybody should have noticed that Yuji isn't being controlled, and that he's working together with Sairei.
 
Dec 23, 2011 5:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1291
So...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
 
Dec 23, 2011 7:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2086
Shanablaze said:

You guys take trolling way to serious, clam your tits.

1. You do not know what trolling really is by your statement.

2. I don't need to specify that you said "I hate episodes with talking in it" shows again how low of intelligence you lack.

3. I can obvious know about you bitching about the past episodes, but once it came to action your all over J.C staff.

Have a nice day.


Those are some great assumptions you are making there, but of course you might be mistaking me for someone else if you really think that. But since I feel like I have to reply to this I'll do so:

1. You dont seem to know how to back up claims you make if you fail to present proof
2. If you like accusing others without having anything to back it up it shows your lack of intelligence as well
3. I ask again, prove that I implied that any time in the past and I'll gladly admit I was wrong. But for now I'll just wait and see cause I know you wont find anything.

Gah this is so off topic, I just hate being accused of random stuff. I'll try to get this post on topic now.

Next episode will be the end of novel 19 by the looks of it. It seems like JC Staff will have 12 episodes to animate the last 3 novels now. Good stuff.
 
Dec 23, 2011 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1129
KEISAKU X MARGERY
 
Dec 23, 2011 8:52 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 18
One word awesome. Best yet
 
Dec 23, 2011 10:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 262
I dunno about you guys but I got really confused and disappointed at this episode.

Shana's speech at the end made completely no sense.

Look, she's saying that

1. She used to deny that she loves Yuji, thus the dual personality
2. Now she declares that she loves Yuji.
3. She says that she will challenge and defeat Yuji wielding the strongest unrestricted spell, which is her love for Yuji?
4. After she defeats Yuji, she wont' kill him but make him do as she says?
5. Then she'll decide what to do with Yuji's power according to the interests of the Flame Hazes?

Issit just me or does love mean a different thing in this anime? She seems to show more concern over the Flame Hazes than Yuji. Love means you place a high priority on someone, and you would do anything to protect them, not strip them of their freedom and seal their abilities away. Shana seems to want to do so to appease the other Flame Hazes. How is that supposed to be love?

To further push my point, imagine if she didn't love Yuji. Imagine if Yuji is just another King of Guze, Shana would have been doing the exact same thing. But because Hebi is also a God of Guze like Alastor, she would've similarly not destroy him but seal him off somewhere (same as what the ancient Flame Hazes did). Which is no different from how she is treating Yuji even if she does love him openly. Something's not right here.

If you say that Shana is just trying to kill the Hebi inside Yuji, what's the reason for that? To protect Yuji? But Hebi is in no way dangerous to Yuji at all, in fact it makes him stronger than ever. The only people endangered by the Hebi-possessed Yuji isn't Yuji himself(obviously since he agreed to the possession himself), but the other Flame Hazes in the world.

That's why I think her central idea is actually her last sentence.
"That is who I am as a Flame Haze!"
And not
"I love you"
 
Dec 23, 2011 11:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2086
newnar said:

Shana's speech at the end made completely no sense.

Look, she's saying that

1. She used to deny that she loves Yuji, thus the dual personality
2. Now she declares that she loves Yuji.
3. She says that she will challenge and defeat Yuji wielding the strongest unrestricted spell, which is her love for Yuji?
4. After she defeats Yuji, she wont' kill him but make him do as she says?
5. Then she'll decide what to do with Yuji's power according to the interests of the Flame Hazes?


The first point actually goes like this:

1. The dual personality was her inner conflict of knowing she had to fight Yuji because she was a flame haze, and not wanting to fight him because she loved him as Shana.

Every else she says is correct, however what Shana meant to say was that the love she has for Yuji has finally made her realize what her path is.
- Yuji set out to change the world and its laws for the sake of protecting and being together with Shana, that is the path Yuji chose using his love.
- Shana set out to protect the current status quo and subdue him, find a way on how to properly use his power in a way that the world's balance will not be broken, and fullfil her role as the Flame Haze she is in order to protect and be together with Yuji, that is the path Shana chose using her love.

Remember that at this point we know Yuji wants to change everything but neither Shana nor any flame haze know HOW Yuji plans to change the world. For any flame haze whose role is to protect the status quo such uncertainty only trigger red flags in their heads and is something that could potentially break everything.
 
Dec 23, 2011 11:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 262
game8910 said:
newnar said:

Shana's speech at the end made completely no sense.

Look, she's saying that

1. She used to deny that she loves Yuji, thus the dual personality
2. Now she declares that she loves Yuji.
3. She says that she will challenge and defeat Yuji wielding the strongest unrestricted spell, which is her love for Yuji?
4. After she defeats Yuji, she wont' kill him but make him do as she says?
5. Then she'll decide what to do with Yuji's power according to the interests of the Flame Hazes?


The first point actually goes like this:

1. The dual personality was her inner conflict of knowing she had to fight Yuji because she was a flame haze, and not wanting to fight him because she loved him as Shana.

Every else she says is correct, however what Shana meant to say was that the love she has for Yuji has finally made her realize what her path is.
- Yuji set out to change the world and its laws for the sake of protecting and being together with Shana, that is the path Yuji chose using his love.
- Shana set out to protect the current status quo and subdue him, find a way on how to properly use his power in a way that the world's balance will not be broken, and fullfil her role as the Flame Haze she is in order to protect and be together with Yuji, that is the path Shana chose using her love.

Remember that at this point we know Yuji wants to change everything but neither Shana nor any flame haze know HOW Yuji plans to change the world. For any flame haze whose role is to protect the status quo such uncertainty only trigger red flags in their heads and is something that could potentially break everything.


Correct. So what Shana actually woke up to was her mission as a Flame Haze and not her love for Yuji since she places way more priority on the former. What a letdown.
 
Dec 24, 2011 12:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2086
newnar said:

Correct. So what Shana actually woke up to was her mission as a Flame Haze and not her love for Yuji since she places way more priority on the former. What a letdown.


I dont think saying she puts priority one or the otheris right. So what happens if Shana puts "priority" on her love? She just lets Yuji go and potentially destroy everything? In that case she would be betraying her own self as a Flame Haze. If anything what Shana mentions at the end is that she finally found the balance between her self that loves Yuji and her self that must fulfill her flame haze duties.

Even if she loves Yuji, in Shana's eyes for Yuji's sake stopping him is what is best for him. Because she loves him.
 
Dec 24, 2011 12:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2675
newnar said:
game8910 said:
newnar said:

Shana's speech at the end made completely no sense.

Look, she's saying that

1. She used to deny that she loves Yuji, thus the dual personality
2. Now she declares that she loves Yuji.
3. She says that she will challenge and defeat Yuji wielding the strongest unrestricted spell, which is her love for Yuji?
4. After she defeats Yuji, she wont' kill him but make him do as she says?
5. Then she'll decide what to do with Yuji's power according to the interests of the Flame Hazes?


The first point actually goes like this:

1. The dual personality was her inner conflict of knowing she had to fight Yuji because she was a flame haze, and not wanting to fight him because she loved him as Shana.

Every else she says is correct, however what Shana meant to say was that the love she has for Yuji has finally made her realize what her path is.
- Yuji set out to change the world and its laws for the sake of protecting and being together with Shana, that is the path Yuji chose using his love.
- Shana set out to protect the current status quo and subdue him, find a way on how to properly use his power in a way that the world's balance will not be broken, and fullfil her role as the Flame Haze she is in order to protect and be together with Yuji, that is the path Shana chose using her love.

Remember that at this point we know Yuji wants to change everything but neither Shana nor any flame haze know HOW Yuji plans to change the world. For any flame haze whose role is to protect the status quo such uncertainty only trigger red flags in their heads and is something that could potentially break everything.


Correct. So what Shana actually woke up to was her mission as a Flame Haze and not her love for Yuji since she places way more priority on the former. What a letdown.


That's what i got out of it also... putting the idealism aside it seems like right after she said she loved him she made it seem like her duty was more important. I understand the concept of the "two" and how she had to come to terms with her own feelings; but the end speech felt a bit off; i think the SoF put it best that her words were nothing more than child fantasies because if i understood correctly she wants to defeat him to keep things the way they are.... last time i checked things weren't all that great with the never ending war and such. As much as I'm glad she finally said it ( well so he could hear anyway; since she technically did in season 1 as well) i felt disappointed in the fact that it seems like she is nothing more than a tool who is actually proud of being a tool... she even said it herself when he said so you stand in front of me as a Flame Haze a mere tool to which she quickly said yes... Well w/e it was an awesome episode and i look forward to the fight next episode, i still can't find myself rooting for the Flame Haze's though whether its Shana or the 3 vs Sabrac; perhaps because i just seriously don't like that nun so she gives off a bad impression for Flame Haze's in general.
 
Dec 24, 2011 12:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 262
InfiniteDestiny said:
newnar said:

Correct. So what Shana actually woke up to was her mission as a Flame Haze and not her love for Yuji since she places way more priority on the former. What a letdown.


That's what i got out of it also... putting the idealism aside it seems like right after she said she loved him she made it seem like her duty was more important. I understand the concept of the "two" and how she had to come to terms with her own feelings; but the end speech felt a bit off; i think the SoF put it best that her words were nothing more than child fantasies because if i understood correctly she wants to defeat him to keep things the way they are.... last time i checked things weren't all that great with the never ending war and such. As much as I'm glad she finally said it ( well so he could hear anyway; since she technically did in season 1 as well) i felt disappointed in the fact that it seems like she is nothing more than a tool who is actually proud of being a tool... she even said it herself when he said so you stand in front of me as a Flame Haze a mere tool to which she quickly said yes... Well w/e it was an awesome episode and i look forward to the fight next episode, i still can't find myself rooting for the Flame Haze's though whether its Shana or the 3 vs Sabrac; perhaps because i just seriously don't like that nun so she gives off a bad impression for Flame Haze's in general.


That completely destroyed the series for me. If you think about it, now we're back to square one. On season 1 episode 1. Shana is acting as if NOTHING has happened in 2 and a half seasons for her to actually give a fuck about Yuji.

game8910 said:
newnar said:

Correct. So what Shana actually woke up to was her mission as a Flame Haze and not her love for Yuji since she places way more priority on the former. What a letdown.


I dont think saying she puts priority one or the otheris right. So what happens if Shana puts "priority" on her love? She just lets Yuji go and potentially destroy everything? In that case she would be betraying her own self as a Flame Haze. If anything what Shana mentions at the end is that she finally found the balance between her self that loves Yuji and her self that must fulfill her flame haze duties.

Even if she loves Yuji, in Shana's eyes for Yuji's sake stopping him is what is best for him. Because she loves him.


Fact is, we have no idea what Yuji is up to. And knowing him, it would hardly be the destroy-everything kind of plan. Love is also about trust. How can Shana love Yuji yet not trust his control over his power and his dreams for the world? Actually Yuji's being quite an ass keeping it a secret as well.
Modified by newnar, Dec 24, 2011 12:34 AM
 
Dec 24, 2011 2:47 AM
originanime

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 10410
Best. Episode. Yet.

Looking forward to Yuuji vs Shana! :D
 
Dec 24, 2011 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
Well, Yuji and Shana finally settled their feelings, properly declared their love, now they are ready to start killing each other in the next episode))

OMG Bel Peol is CUTE!!! Without her eyepatch she became one of the hottest girls there.
 
Dec 24, 2011 3:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3713
I'm trying really hard to enjoy this and I will admit this was better than most so far but the end felt quite forced if you ask me.

I'm glad Sabrac hasnt went down as easily as every other Tomogara so far...it would have been infuriating had that been the case.

I hope Yuji puts the Flame Hazes down in the next few episodes...with the amount of time it has taken him to get his true power It would be disappointing if Shana can still beat him or even hold her own against him being serious.


 
Dec 24, 2011 5:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2054
Riptos said:
I'm trying really hard to enjoy this and I will admit this was better than most so far but the end felt quite forced if you ask me.

I'm glad Sabrac hasnt went down as easily as every other Tomogara so far...it would have been infuriating had that been the case.

I hope Yuji puts the Flame Hazes down in the next few episodes...with the amount of time it has taken him to get his true power It would be disappointing if Shana can still beat him or even hold her own against him being serious.
the snake of the festival sure is ugly right?and what part of the end you mean feel forced?is it her feelings confess?
 
Dec 24, 2011 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1356
Shanablaze said:
game8910 said:
im very happy with JC Staff right now.


Just shows that your a kid that only wants action and hates it when there is only talking and explanation.


You make it sound as if Shana was an intelligent show. LMAO
 
Dec 24, 2011 11:06 PM
(Gamer)

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2762
We finally hear some great words from Shana.






 
Dec 25, 2011 8:12 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7092
series becomes that much more epic. i love it :D
 
Dec 25, 2011 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2640
Shana: "Yuji, that's one huge snake you got there."

Ho, ho, ho.
 
Dec 25, 2011 1:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 278
i dont understand why shana is so opposed to this plan yuji has. did i miss something because as it looks now it looks like the flame hazes are just out to kill while denizens are trying to create a place for both. its making the flame hazes look like the bad guys. at this point i really want the denizens and yuji to kick the shit out of them and win.
 
Dec 25, 2011 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 491
newnar said:
I dunno about you guys but I got really confused and disappointed at this episode.

Shana's speech at the end made completely no sense.

Look, she's saying that

1. She used to deny that she loves Yuji, thus the dual personality
2. Now she declares that she loves Yuji.
3. She says that she will challenge and defeat Yuji wielding the strongest unrestricted spell, which is her love for Yuji?
4. After she defeats Yuji, she wont' kill him but make him do as she says?
5. Then she'll decide what to do with Yuji's power according to the interests of the Flame Hazes?

Issit just me or does love mean a different thing in this anime? She seems to show more concern over the Flame Hazes than Yuji. Love means you place a high priority on someone, and you would do anything to protect them, not strip them of their freedom and seal their abilities away. Shana seems to want to do so to appease the other Flame Hazes. How is that supposed to be love?

To further push my point, imagine if she didn't love Yuji. Imagine if Yuji is just another King of Guze, Shana would have been doing the exact same thing. But because Hebi is also a God of Guze like Alastor, she would've similarly not destroy him but seal him off somewhere (same as what the ancient Flame Hazes did). Which is no different from how she is treating Yuji even if she does love him openly. Something's not right here.

If you say that Shana is just trying to kill the Hebi inside Yuji, what's the reason for that? To protect Yuji? But Hebi is in no way dangerous to Yuji at all, in fact it makes him stronger than ever. The only people endangered by the Hebi-possessed Yuji isn't Yuji himself(obviously since he agreed to the possession himself), but the other Flame Hazes in the world.

That's why I think her central idea is actually her last sentence.
"That is who I am as a Flame Haze!"
And not
"I love you"


maybe Shana is into femdom :P
 
Dec 25, 2011 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1618
Nice Shana said it and the battle against Sabrac it's pretty good, can't wait for the 2nd round battle of Yuji vs Shana.
 
Dec 25, 2011 3:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 109
I dunno about you guys but I got really confused and disappointed at this episode.



The reason why that conversation was so wordy and involved such mental acrobatics is because the battle scenes have become completely disconnected from any coherent plot and so they're just stringing them together with as thin a pretense as they can manage.

S: "I love you and that makes me strong and now I will use that strength to defeat you so that we can be together forever."
Y: "That's more or less the same reason I'm doing all this snake shit, but I won't explain that and will instead fight you."

Honestly, this is just a random shounen battle anime like Bleach now. It's best not to even expect things to make any sense.
 
Dec 25, 2011 4:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5149
The extremely long monologue at the end was kinda boring/unintelligible and overall the episode was just about average. The action was nice though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
 
Dec 25, 2011 5:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 300
Epic. That is all. XD
 
Dec 25, 2011 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 30381
Finally there's going to be the showdown between Shana and Yuuji, looking foward to seeing it. Pretty cheesy how Shana said "love is the strongest unrestricted spell" or whatever, though. xD
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt
old sig
 
Dec 25, 2011 10:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 12
Oh not the power of love bullshit...ffs, The episode was good and all.
But all the power of love/friendship etc is really a retarded reason to give such a powerup also why do flame hazes want to keep a status quo ? just so they can keep killing and being killed ? they sure like being tools. Shana is a retard "Oh yuji, you finally stronger than me, that is unacceptable, now i will defeat because you can't be stronger than me ever"
It's walking to a cliche ending...but i sure hope that i'm wrong.
 
Dec 26, 2011 12:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1686
Ha, I knew she'd say love.
 
Dec 26, 2011 6:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 90
newnar said:
game8910 said:
newnar said:

Shana's speech at the end made completely no sense.

Look, she's saying that

1. She used to deny that she loves Yuji, thus the dual personality
2. Now she declares that she loves Yuji.
3. She says that she will challenge and defeat Yuji wielding the strongest unrestricted spell, which is her love for Yuji?
4. After she defeats Yuji, she wont' kill him but make him do as she says?
5. Then she'll decide what to do with Yuji's power according to the interests of the Flame Hazes?


The first point actually goes like this:

1. The dual personality was her inner conflict of knowing she had to fight Yuji because she was a flame haze, and not wanting to fight him because she loved him as Shana.

Every else she says is correct, however what Shana meant to say was that the love she has for Yuji has finally made her realize what her path is.
- Yuji set out to change the world and its laws for the sake of protecting and being together with Shana, that is the path Yuji chose using his love.
- Shana set out to protect the current status quo and subdue him, find a way on how to properly use his power in a way that the world's balance will not be broken, and fullfil her role as the Flame Haze she is in order to protect and be together with Yuji, that is the path Shana chose using her love.

Remember that at this point we know Yuji wants to change everything but neither Shana nor any flame haze know HOW Yuji plans to change the world. For any flame haze whose role is to protect the status quo such uncertainty only trigger red flags in their heads and is something that could potentially break everything.


Correct. So what Shana actually woke up to was her mission as a Flame Haze and not her love for Yuji since she places way more priority on the former. What a letdown.


1) Shana's conflict comes from the fact that she have to choose between killing Yuuji (her duty as a Flame Haze), and not killing Yuuji (as Shana who loves Yuuji). Then, Sophie Sawallisch remind her that she is not just Flame Haze and not just Shana, she is both.
2) Yuuji told Shana the he is planning to recreate the world because Yuuji loves Shana. It is dangerous since it is said in the episode that the God of Creation can change the world on its whim. Its existence would make a big impact on the balance.
3) Shana's decision is to stop Yuuji from doing his plan and to find an ALTERNATIVE WAY so that they could be together (what she aims as Shana) and that the balance would not be destroyed (what she aims as a Flame Haze). She is aiming to find a compromise between the two
4) Yuuji mocked it because he believes that Shana's resolve is too idealistic. Maybe he believed that it is impossible to find a compromise between the two choices.
 
Dec 26, 2011 8:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
Shanablaze said:


You guys are very ignorant, you don't understand anything. stupid Americans.



I`m not from America, but i also got fed up with this shit about unrestricted love and other nakama crap. I wanna see some BLOOD!...

... just kidding. I`m actually quite happy about this episode. I get enough fights and a good drama and romance all at the same time.

But i do hope that Yuji rapes all Flame Hazes to bloody pieces. I`m rooting for him and The Snake. Shana must not win this fight.
 
Dec 26, 2011 9:32 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3536
Wow... that was epic. The ending was such an epic (dno any other word to describe this) scene. Got me all fired up, can't fucking wait for the next episode. I am on Shana's side, her childlike love fantasy will rule all and her speech was great. Yuji loves and wants to protect Shana but it looks like he's also got something else he wants to do because of the way that Shana asked him what his true purpose was.

Also going to be very interesting to see how the other three is going to handle Sabrac.
 
Dec 26, 2011 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 6288
'Ai no chikara' huh.
Why not, let's see it :D
I don't really mind them talking, when animation looks that epic, I'm enjoying watching every episode. Especially battles looks amazing, I want more~
 
Dec 26, 2011 11:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
Dark_Pride said:
newnar said:
game8910 said:
newnar said:

Shana's speech at the end made completely no sense.

Look, she's saying that

1. She used to deny that she loves Yuji, thus the dual personality
2. Now she declares that she loves Yuji.
3. She says that she will challenge and defeat Yuji wielding the strongest unrestricted spell, which is her love for Yuji?
4. After she defeats Yuji, she wont' kill him but make him do as she says?
5. Then she'll decide what to do with Yuji's power according to the interests of the Flame Hazes?


The first point actually goes like this:

1. The dual personality was her inner conflict of knowing she had to fight Yuji because she was a flame haze, and not wanting to fight him because she loved him as Shana.

Every else she says is correct, however what Shana meant to say was that the love she has for Yuji has finally made her realize what her path is.
- Yuji set out to change the world and its laws for the sake of protecting and being together with Shana, that is the path Yuji chose using his love.
- Shana set out to protect the current status quo and subdue him, find a way on how to properly use his power in a way that the world's balance will not be broken, and fullfil her role as the Flame Haze she is in order to protect and be together with Yuji, that is the path Shana chose using her love.

Remember that at this point we know Yuji wants to change everything but neither Shana nor any flame haze know HOW Yuji plans to change the world. For any flame haze whose role is to protect the status quo such uncertainty only trigger red flags in their heads and is something that could potentially break everything.


Correct. So what Shana actually woke up to was her mission as a Flame Haze and not her love for Yuji since she places way more priority on the former. What a letdown.


1) Shana's conflict comes from the fact that she have to choose between killing Yuuji (her duty as a Flame Haze), and not killing Yuuji (as Shana who loves Yuuji). Then, Sophie Sawallisch remind her that she is not just Flame Haze and not just Shana, she is both.
2) Yuuji told Shana the he is planning to recreate the world because Yuuji loves Shana. It is dangerous since it is said in the episode that the God of Creation can change the world on its whim. Its existence would make a big impact on the balance.
3) Shana's decision is to stop Yuuji from doing his plan and to find an ALTERNATIVE WAY so that they could be together (what she aims as Shana) and that the balance would not be destroyed (what she aims as a Flame Haze). She is aiming to find a compromise between the two
4) Yuuji mocked it because he believes that Shana's resolve is too idealistic. Maybe he believed that it is impossible to find a compromise between the two choices.
The fact of the matter is that Shana is still unsure Yuuji is not being tricked by the God of Creation. As such she can't trust him. Or rather, she can't trust the God of Creation. She loves and trusts Yuuji enough to want to save him. She will defeat Yuuji and instead of killing him, as she was ordered to, she will subdue him and make the God of Creation give him back his body (if he's the one in control).

It's funny because I'm pretty sure Sophie actually meant "forget about him, you're just a Flame Haze" but Shana took it as "you're not just a Flame Haze". And they fear the God of Creation but Alastor is the God of Destruction and every bit as powerful as the Snake. A little bit hypocritical that they let Alastor run free when he has the power of absolute destruction. Sounds to me like a more dangerous guy.

 
Dec 26, 2011 2:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 12
Shanablaze said:
UnhappyRefrain said:
Finally there's going to be the showdown between Shana and Yuuji, looking foward to seeing it. Pretty cheesy how Shana said "love is the strongest unrestricted spell" or whatever, though. xD


chrono564 said:
Oh not the power of love bullshit...ffs, The episode was good and all.
But all the power of love/friendship etc is really a retarded reason
[....]


You guys are very ignorant, you don't understand anything. stupid Americans.


Boy, i'm not american nor stupid, just sick of the whole concept of love is the most powerfull thing ever or friendship etc and after you see the 5000000000th show doing it makes you want to punch someone
 
Dec 26, 2011 3:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
chrono564 said:
Shanablaze said:
UnhappyRefrain said:
Finally there's going to be the showdown between Shana and Yuuji, looking foward to seeing it. Pretty cheesy how Shana said "love is the strongest unrestricted spell" or whatever, though. xD


chrono564 said:
Oh not the power of love bullshit...ffs, The episode was good and all.
But all the power of love/friendship etc is really a retarded reason
[....]


You guys are very ignorant, you don't understand anything. stupid Americans.


Boy, i'm not american nor stupid, just sick of the whole concept of love is the most powerfull thing ever or friendship etc and after you see the 5000000000th show doing it makes you want to punch someone
There's plenty of depressing anime too. But action shounen will ussually slip this in, since it's one of the most common universally accepted concepts. "Love is good and powerful", that's one of the things humanity likes to believe in, as corny as we know it sounds. That's just how we are.

 
Dec 26, 2011 6:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 12
Leon-Gun said:
chrono564 said:
Shanablaze said:
UnhappyRefrain said:
Finally there's going to be the showdown between Shana and Yuuji, looking foward to seeing it. Pretty cheesy how Shana said "love is the strongest unrestricted spell" or whatever, though. xD


chrono564 said:
Oh not the power of love bullshit...ffs, The episode was good and all.
But all the power of love/friendship etc is really a retarded reason
[....]


You guys are very ignorant, you don't understand anything. stupid Americans.


Boy, i'm not american nor stupid, just sick of the whole concept of love is the most powerfull thing ever or friendship etc and after you see the 5000000000th show doing it makes you want to punch someone
There's plenty of depressing anime too. But action shounen will ussually slip this in, since it's one of the most common universally accepted concepts. "Love is good and powerful", that's one of the things humanity likes to believe in, as corny as we know it sounds. That's just how we are.

Well, i won't complain anymore, just needed to say it, and i know that there is a lot of shows that aren't like that too but well, let's just enjoy what we have
 
Dec 27, 2011 5:18 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 90
Leon-Gun said:
Dark_Pride said:
newnar said:
game8910 said:
newnar said:

Shana's speech at the end made completely no sense.

Look, she's saying that

1. She used to deny that she loves Yuji, thus the dual personality
2. Now she declares that she loves Yuji.
3. She says that she will challenge and defeat Yuji wielding the strongest unrestricted spell, which is her love for Yuji?
4. After she defeats Yuji, she wont' kill him but make him do as she says?
5. Then she'll decide what to do with Yuji's power according to the interests of the Flame Hazes?


The first point actually goes like this:

1. The dual personality was her inner conflict of knowing she had to fight Yuji because she was a flame haze, and not wanting to fight him because she loved him as Shana.

Every else she says is correct, however what Shana meant to say was that the love she has for Yuji has finally made her realize what her path is.
- Yuji set out to change the world and its laws for the sake of protecting and being together with Shana, that is the path Yuji chose using his love.
- Shana set out to protect the current status quo and subdue him, find a way on how to properly use his power in a way that the world's balance will not be broken, and fullfil her role as the Flame Haze she is in order to protect and be together with Yuji, that is the path Shana chose using her love.

Remember that at this point we know Yuji wants to change everything but neither Shana nor any flame haze know HOW Yuji plans to change the world. For any flame haze whose role is to protect the status quo such uncertainty only trigger red flags in their heads and is something that could potentially break everything.


Correct. So what Shana actually woke up to was her mission as a Flame Haze and not her love for Yuji since she places way more priority on the former. What a letdown.


1) Shana's conflict comes from the fact that she have to choose between killing Yuuji (her duty as a Flame Haze), and not killing Yuuji (as Shana who loves Yuuji). Then, Sophie Sawallisch remind her that she is not just Flame Haze and not just Shana, she is both.
2) Yuuji told Shana the he is planning to recreate the world because Yuuji loves Shana. It is dangerous since it is said in the episode that the God of Creation can change the world on its whim. Its existence would make a big impact on the balance.
3) Shana's decision is to stop Yuuji from doing his plan and to find an ALTERNATIVE WAY so that they could be together (what she aims as Shana) and that the balance would not be destroyed (what she aims as a Flame Haze). She is aiming to find a compromise between the two
4) Yuuji mocked it because he believes that Shana's resolve is too idealistic. Maybe he believed that it is impossible to find a compromise between the two choices.
The fact of the matter is that Shana is still unsure Yuuji is not being tricked by the God of Creation. As such she can't trust him. Or rather, she can't trust the God of Creation. She loves and trusts Yuuji enough to want to save him. She will defeat Yuuji and instead of killing him, as she was ordered to, she will subdue him and make the God of Creation give him back his body (if he's the one in control).

It's funny because I'm pretty sure Sophie actually meant "forget about him, you're just a Flame Haze" but Shana took it as "you're not just a Flame Haze". And they fear the God of Creation but Alastor is the God of Destruction and every bit as powerful as the Snake. A little bit hypocritical that they let Alastor run free when he has the power of absolute destruction. Sounds to me like a more dangerous guy.


SoF Yuuji seems to be more trustworthy than Sophie. Seriously, religious leaders shouldn't be trusted, especially in anime. :|
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »