Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2008 8:07 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mikoto had completely forgotten about Haruki XD

(but I do think she likes him, secretly)
Aug 21, 2008 12:40 AM

May 2008
Damn, i love it more with every episode.....
So funny....
Aug 29, 2008 11:34 AM
Apr 2008
Haha, she completely forgot...

When she first said she liked someone but she needed to study to get to the same university as him, i thought she was talking about Hanai :) I reckon she does like him.

Cute story though :)

Jan 20, 2009 7:53 PM

May 2007
Oh man, the bed war was awesome.

The last two bits were nice with enough comedy to keep things from getting too sweet.

The begining was hilarious too.
My anime list
Jul 5, 2009 12:21 AM

Aug 2008
This ep had a lot of heart.
pleasantly surprised
Jul 6, 2009 1:41 PM

Jun 2008
The bed war was amusing.
Jul 14, 2009 2:02 PM

Oct 2008
I like Hanai and Mikoto as a couple. It's too bad Hanai's crazy for Yakumo
Jul 26, 2009 4:00 AM

Dec 2008
I made the mistake of thinking, for just a second, that the show was ending when it was only 1/3 done. Then they fooled me again by putting an ending before everything was shown. Anyways...good episode.
Oct 19, 2009 8:13 AM

Aug 2008
I feel like I'm not seeing the full episode but I'm sure I am. I like the serious moments of the series a lot.
Nov 22, 2009 2:37 AM

Jul 2009
Man whats with this seriousness. Its making watching school rumble eerie but im not saying the seriousness was bad at all...
あらあら。。。^^
Jan 4, 2010 7:43 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah i guess how rare serious moments are in this serious makes them have that much more impact huh? but i must admit, this is one of the funniest anime ive seen in awhile! loving SR so far! ^^
Jan 29, 2010 8:35 PM

Dec 2009
hey babe, what do i have to paint a picture for you? you sure can be thick.

<3 tenma
Mar 17, 2010 9:25 PM

Jan 2010
This show seems to be getting both funnier and more serious at the same time, somehow. Perhaps the added levels of character development pave the way for funnier jokes later on? (For example, the sentimental flashback leading to him playing the recorder, and she had forgotten the whole flashback... LOL)
Sep 4, 2010 3:21 PM

Sep 2008
ExquisiteDefect said:
I like the serious moments of the series a lot.

Same here. :D

It was a nice episode - the second half. Feels like there's actually a nice balance of comedy and seriousness~
Sep 28, 2010 2:05 PM

Apr 2010
That was extremely boring.. not to mention how badly it was composed, it was like random moments put together. The only amusing thing was the bed scene.
Feb 21, 2011 4:37 AM

Sep 2010
Damn it, you don't show the ED and have stuff after it.
Feb 22, 2011 10:11 AM

Apr 2009
Akira's really good at figuring things out she managed to even get out of the bed battlefield ahead of time. Poor Hanai although it holds a special meaning to him, Mikoto already forgot about it. :D
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 13, 2011 12:43 AM

Mar 2010
ilikeyouevenmore said:

<3 tenma

Same here! That was hilarious! I wonder if he'll ever say it! xD
Jul 10, 2011 7:42 AM

Jan 2011
saxophone said:
I made the mistake of thinking, for just a second, that the show was ending when it was only 1/3 done. Then they fooled me again by putting an ending before everything was shown. Anyways...good episode.
And I thought "What? End already??"
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Aug 16, 2011 12:20 AM

Jun 2011
Tenma's Harima impression was impressive alright.
School bullies AGAIN?
Tenma? Let me marry Yakumo.
Jan 23, 2013 4:06 PM
Aug 2012
i love how they spend a good 10 minutes on that story from the past all for the joke of mikoto not remembering and bullying mah man over it hahaha
Nov 2, 2013 7:44 AM

Mar 2010
good story between mokoto and hanai

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 20, 2014 1:35 AM

Jan 2011
I think the deeper the backstory we get on the characters the better the comedy is when they bring that forward. I didn't expect we'd get quite so much character development on the supporting characters.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 24, 2014 1:29 AM

Oct 2013
Black_Rose1809 said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

<3 tenma

Same here! That was hilarious! I wonder if he'll ever say it! xD

haha loved it
[/quote]
Mar 1, 2015 6:35 PM

Sep 2014
Goddangit Tenma. Just...dangit. So adorable. So funny. So cosmically not getting it.

Hanai's backstory was pretty good. His friendship with Miko's nice too. For some reason, Hanai reminds me of a unrestrained Cyclops.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Mar 16, 2015 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
An undying sisters love. An undying friendship. An undying misunderstanding. It was really a cute episode.

Yakumo is such the greatest imouto. She just love her onee-chan so much. I just love how she think about all the little things to make her life better.

I really loved the friendship between Mikoto and Hanai. Childhood friend, but no unrequited feelings. Just a great friendship, one-side based on respect and the other based on the love of a wannabe-sister.

Is it me or Harima and Tenma made some progress? Not in a romance angle, but as a friendship POV. Harima speaked way more fluently with her. But still, the misunderstanding only grow stronger, now mistaking his love for a love toward Mikoto. Oh boy... He also can't stop fucking up with Eri xD
This will turn bloody is it goes on...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 15, 2015 10:19 PM

Feb 2013
Tenma was being nice and trying to help Harima to confess to the person he likes not knowing it is her who he likes. lol So close Harima! But at least you're making progress!

That whole scene at night was hilarious! Hahahaha. I love how Harima scares Nara away by just flexing.

Hanai's past has been revealed! That was awesome. Suou is a great person. Screw those bullies! Sucks that she seemed to forget about them playing the recorder together.

Yakumo really does love her sister. She's a great sister to have.
Nov 30, 2015 6:32 AM

Jul 2014
Man, this show is so insane that it actually got me to start shipping characters.

4/5
Mar 26, 2016 6:23 PM

Jul 2015
I just can't help to love harima, the dude is trying so hard !
Nov 8, 2016 4:20 AM

Sep 2013
Harima just couldn't say "i love you"...poor guy!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 18, 2016 11:48 AM

Aug 2014
Arbel said:
Damn, i love it more with every episode.....
So funny....

^ that :D

I wonder why ending song was played in the middle?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 6, 2017 4:46 PM

Feb 2012
Loli Mikoto is best mikoto
Harima my boy get eri forget about this dumbass

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Apr 15, 2019 10:28 AM
Apr 2016
Hahaha the bed scene was actually hilarious... Really good episode.
Jun 17, 2019 4:13 AM

Apr 2013
No Karasuma this episode made it actually better.
Apr 16, 2020 12:56 PM

Aug 2010
Boys and girls sleeping in the same room? That's new for me.

Nara is an unescessary character for this story... I hope he gets better...
May 29, 2020 9:32 PM
May 2020
I think I know why I had this show on repeat when I was a teenager. It's the chemistry between every character. Noticing on the board here each person wanted a pairing of different people with justified reasons. That's what makes a great romantic comedy! Characters you trust, characters you want to see be happy.

I'm falling in love with the show again! 16 years later!
Jun 4, 2020 12:02 PM
Jul 2009
It was nice to see Mikoto and Haruki's past. The part with Tenma imitating Harima cracks me up. Yakumo is so cute in her yukata taking a little nap with the kitty <3
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jun 11, 2022 4:14 PM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
This series definitely grows as it develops its characters further and further, and even though there's only barely an overarching plot to speak of I really find myself looking forward to each new episode and wondering what will happen next. The characters pretty much ARE the plot, and I'm really starting to love each character.
This episode's highlights: spotlight on Mikoto (a fav - she's so cute, and I feel like she'd make the best friend), and of course Tenma's Harima impression which was absolutely hilarious.

Hanai is easily my favorite out of all the secondary male characters. Dude is so weird hahaha playing the flute for Mikoto.
Beep boop
Jun 15, 2023 11:54 PM

Jan 2021
This anime is all about embarrassing moments and misunderstandings T----T and I totally enjoyed it.

If this wasn't a comedy then this would be one of the saddest romance anime lol

Jul 15, 2023 11:51 AM

Jun 2021
Such a sweet episode, after the cringe moments between too shy Harima and airhead Tenma and she just can't understand that she is the one beloved by him. Obviously during the night they all couldn't sleep properly, and Mikoto was awake all along being a class act in not showing it at face value.

Still great to see her again being badass as a martial arts lady (it was called karate in italian dub, not sure if it is right but if it is i would be soooo happy) and already adorable as a little kid for standing up in favor of Hanai when he was a really different character. Even if he still can't play the recorder, even worse on her birthday. And for the final part, yukatas are always a win (poor Yakumo, imagine how many damages her older sister creates at home)

Jul 30, 2023 8:34 AM

Nov 2010
Finally, it's about time Harima & Tenma had time for each other. However, it's too bad there's still no progress since Tenma thinks Harima is in love with Mikoto.

The scene of the guys trying to crawl into the women's side of the bed was funny! I really want more Tenma & Eri moments.
I am sure Mikoto has feelings for Hanai instead of her senior in college. I think she made that story up.
Dec 4, 2023 11:31 AM

Nov 2023
haven't even finished this episode yet but GOSH TENMA TRYING TO TRAIN HARIMA IS SO ADORABLEEEE AND WHEN HE PULLED HER CLOSE I SQUEALED THEY'RE SO CUTTTEEEE
Mar 18, 11:29 AM

Jan 2008
One of the few shows that actually makes me laugh hysterically, that sleepover scene with everyone was so funny, specially when harima got kicked in the face xD
Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes...just be an illusion...
Mar 18, 11:45 AM

Mar 2022
The times when School Rumble has serious moments really do hit you hard. Poor Hanai he already wanted to impress Mikoto there I mean playing the recorder seemed like a touching thing to do in theory considering how she was about him playing it and defending him from the bullies you’d think it would work out but no she had completely moved on from it entirely. XD The bed scene was also hilarious plus I gotta love Tenma’s impression of Harima was just so god damn amazing and man he was so close to confessing to her in that same scene but ohhhh she thought that it was Mikoto who was after and not Tenma herself. Really am loving this sort of balance between the comedy and the seriousness right here going forward. Otherwise great episode once again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Rumble Episode 18 Discussion

aero - Aug 12, 2008

34 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 10, 5:25 PM

Poll: » School Rumble Episode 17 Discussion

aero - Aug 12, 2008

35 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 7:30 AM

Poll: » School Rumble Episode 16 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 18, 2008

44 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 30, 6:42 PM

Poll: » School Rumble Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Aug 12, 2008

29 by kagamiiin »»
Mar 23, 3:36 PM

Poll: » School Rumble Episode 19 Discussion

Marv007 - Jul 25, 2008

33 by kagamiiin »»
Mar 23, 3:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.