Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 22, 2011 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Inga already in limit and "Betten-nou" did something to him.

Inga-ron (prequel movie) releasing on April 20, 2012!!

So revelations... female politician is suspicious.

Miyu-Miyu police and Betten-nou worked together?? And the old detective faked the death and was alive, as fake AD!! Betten-nou vs. Inga!! The female politician was against the old detective for attempting to join to do bad thing. He uses solar power?

So Miyu-Miyu police's goal was female police, who sees that guy as God. The hint was in the song, and the young detective knows about the real AD.

Young detective wants to love human beings, so he uses Inga. And the old one is the opposite ideal.

Later he told the daughter that he was saved by a girl who he met not long ago and died for him. The body of her is used by Inga. So the muted part would be told in the Inga-ron??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 22, 2011 9:53 AM

Jul 2011
Fitting ending.

Objective Score: 6/10. You'll probably enjoy UN-GO more if you analyze it. On the surface, it's mediocre. The mysteries aren't that good, and the characters are mediocre. But what it does offer is an atmosphere that's relatively rare in anime. The setting of UN-GO and the behind the scenes occurring ultimately adds to the overall “mystery” of the anime.

Subjective Score: 4/10: It's pretty bad if you watch it expecting for the obvious mystery. It's riddled with lapses of logic, and the storyline is sporadic. It wasn't really meant to be adapted in eleven episodes, it's way too short. But UN-GO does offer one of the best ED transitions since The Tatami Galaxy. show less
mdzDec 22, 2011 11:35 AM
Dec 22, 2011 10:31 AM

Nov 2008
interesting - well I figured Y.J had figured out most of the case by this point - But he figured out far more than just the case , he also figured out benttou's true form .. proved kaishiro's innocence and at the same time likely has the right track on how far ahead Kaishrious planning has really gone - I expected nothing less then him to go right back after Kaishriou with likely more evidence as he seemed to gain far more then JUST information on this case. And its quite nice to see the difference in their actual goals. All in all a very good anime especially since it was expected to be .. well not that great. ill give it a 9/10 just because I found it very enjoyable.

Also the closing scene with Rie and such was the right way to end the anime. (Now for the un go prequel movie! heh as it will start with the information hes openly giving Rie)

Wouldn't mind a second season either as things are from over between Kaishiros and Shinjirou
sirwenceDec 22, 2011 11:22 AM
Dec 22, 2011 10:43 AM

Oct 2010
Inga in the beginning was really freaky as she was alluding to consuming all the souls in one shot, which would be gruesome. Imagine being all cool and then get snuffed out. Totally not cool but Bettenou seems to be feeding at that time something to calm Inga down so it was all interesting to what it boiled down to.

In thee end 8/10 to Final 9/10! The mystery structure. Rie's fan service, those breasts but most of all her face and composure. All mainly put up to 9 apart from the scenery and social setup. I love Rie! She is a nice girl and good looking. More later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 22, 2011 11:01 AM

Aug 2011

Best mindfuncking serie of the season

NatodayoJan 6, 2012 12:20 PM
Dec 22, 2011 11:03 AM

Oct 2011
Loved the ending I'm glad it didn't disappoint me!
For me it was an awesome series overall!
and I can't wait to see the movie
I'm eager to know more about Shinjuurou backstory
Dec 22, 2011 11:10 AM

Jun 2011
One of my favourite anime for this season and the ending was nice (a bit rushed maybe ).Since the confrontation between Shinjuurou and Kaishou Rinroku doesn't seem to be over, can we expect a second season if sales goes well ? I hope to see Rie again ^_^ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2011 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
biggest rage about the ending. shinjirou never got together with the girl!!!!
Dec 22, 2011 11:28 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,i knew it!.
So thats how Bettenou was keeping Inga at leash creepy scene at the beginning but i love it!

I knew Seingen was the guilty and that Rinroku was a live still i liked the way the episode develop Shinjuuro explanation of all the events was good and specially like when he tell everyone that it was Seingen.

The crazy battle between Bettenou and Inga was awesome i really like it.

At the end it the rivalry between Rinroku and Shinjuuro will continue,the end it looks like a preview of episode 0 and it was nice seeing Rie and Shinjuuro so close.

Now in general it was a good Anime most of the mysteries were easy to deduce but still had fun,i really enjoy most of the characters specially lolibot Kazamori and hot beauty Rie,the scenery was also enjoyable,so putting aside the flaws i give it a solid 7/10 it could had being a little better but still good

Btw Rie...marry me!!!
Dec 22, 2011 11:30 AM

Jul 2009
lol that fight in the end was so random but sof riggin AWESOME!

and I still adore Hayami :3

Now it's over and I still want to know so much more >///< Hoping for an OVA or a film or something similar ♥
[.center] [./center]
Dec 22, 2011 11:34 AM

Dec 2009
A good ending to a good anime. Too bad it couldn't be this good from the start.

7/10 from me.
Dec 22, 2011 11:40 AM
Sep 2011
So, after tons of twists and turns the truth gets revealed by Shinjirou after acknowledging his false deduction. Though this misconduct is understandable because even if Kaishou wasn't the one controlling Bettenou in the end there is no denying that the methods they used are basically the same by distorting facts to achieve the desired results.

Overall this was a great ending for one of the better autumn series delivering a slightly bittersweet ending. The conspiracy around Kaishou has been solved in his favour but in the end it becomes apparent that he used it to conceal a crime once again. The show remains true to its roots by denying the watcher the feeling of full satisfaction that is gained by witnessing an act of justice.
EudaimoniaDec 22, 2011 12:25 PM
Dec 22, 2011 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
Very very mediocre overall ://
I was expecting more "mystery feeling" and less random plot.

And about the ending... wtf, did he planned everything because he was just jealous wtfbqb!? .______________.

6/10 atm (and I think I'm being very generous)
Dec 22, 2011 11:53 AM
Nov 2010
It was one of the more interesting anime, it's too bad that it was this short, I believe it could've done more... The ending was pretty good, I've enjoyed it...
Dec 22, 2011 12:11 PM

Aug 2011
great ending, i think that this ending was great, we got to see some action, and it was great :D
Overall, i'm gonna give it a 9/10, just because it was a great show and i loved the mysteries, they never made you think tooooo much, but kept you interested, and i thoroughly enjoyed it!!! XD
Dec 22, 2011 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
enjoyed the ending, i hope there is more to come, doesnt seem like they meant for this to be only 11 episodes and form the looks of it that butterfly at the very end may have been from bettanou

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 22, 2011 12:30 PM

Jan 2010
This was probably the worst noitaminA series, it was mediocre at best.
A generous 6/10.
Dec 22, 2011 12:34 PM

Sep 2008
grklein said:
A generous 6/10.
Guilty Crown say hi.
Dec 22, 2011 1:03 PM

Jan 2010
Mediocre show in the end, gave it a 6/10 because of boy Inga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2011 1:04 PM

Aug 2008
It started out a bit slow and such, but overall I enjoyed the show and rather liked the ending.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Dec 22, 2011 1:12 PM

Sep 2011
fertygo said:
grklein said:
A generous 6/10.
Guilty Crown say hi.
yah like really, also no.6 says hi aswell

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 22, 2011 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
fertygo said:
grklein said:
A generous 6/10.
Guilty Crown say hi.
yah like really, also no.6 says hi aswell

Why are we talking about anime that are not called UN-GO?

Ending was kinda eh but certainly not the worst thing I've ever seen.
Dec 22, 2011 1:30 PM

Nov 2008
Damn even though I knew it wasn't Kaishou and it was really Hayame, I still really really wanted Kaishou to be the evil guy. I do not like him at all lol.
Anyway I adored this series, even if it did start off slow. It really picked up and got damn good. They never explained who the long haired dude in the ending was right? Hopefully they'll release something that explains him. 9/10
Dec 22, 2011 1:35 PM

Jun 2011
started outt pretty slow yeh, but it got batter sand i quite enjoyed it
Dec 22, 2011 1:51 PM

Dec 2011
haha i was right.guy with the baseball cap on was Kaishou.WOO HOO!
Dec 22, 2011 2:03 PM

Dec 2009
g-rabe said:
haha i was right.guy with the baseball cap on was Kaishou.WOO HOO!

lol that was actually pretty obvious don't you think ;)
Dec 22, 2011 2:08 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Well, that ended...well?

Overall, I liked it. As I've stated elsewhere, way back at episode 2 I stopped watching it as a detective show and looked at it as a slow to develop conspiracy mystery. In the end, I don't think it quite lived up to my expectations, but I wasn't disappointed either. The way the last conversation between Shinjuurou and Rinroku was going it definitely seems the show's producers are leaving things dangle for a second season.

The only thing that really bugs me is how those two human were 'controlling' Bettenou.
Dec 22, 2011 2:09 PM

Dec 2011
true Sir Lexa,but a few of us were debating about it in the last episodes forum.
and i think there might be a second season.too much was left in the air at the end of the episode. Might look like a crap ending if its only one season but it would be a good lead in and setup for a second season if thats what the shows creators decide.
Dec 22, 2011 2:11 PM

Dec 2011
beat me to it Cratex!
Dec 22, 2011 2:37 PM

May 2011
the first few episodes were good but just WTF happen at the end..they need to have an OVA to explain it...and WHERE THE HELL IS HEI??
Dec 22, 2011 3:00 PM

Oct 2010
I did like the ending. I still dont know who the dude is in the ending theme in the pic i showed last week.

I have to admit they fooled me about Kaishou.

Do Bones studio do sequels? I heard they dont a while back.

This episode 9/10
Series 7/10
Dec 22, 2011 3:11 PM

Aug 2009
It was fine, a bit boring - 6/10

Dec 22, 2011 3:16 PM
Apr 2011
I knew it.
Dec 22, 2011 3:41 PM

Jul 2011
7/10 to 8/10. Boring start to the anime, and it only picked up near the end. I think it might've been better if they had more episodes.

Last episode = 9/10.
Dec 22, 2011 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
bonifide said:

Do Bones studio do sequels? I heard they dont a while back.
yes they do, they just tend to actually finish up series with 24 or more episodes so there is no need for a S2 but in this case we will hopefully and most likley get a sequal,

darker than black got a sequal, so did both the FMA's and if it counts they have done 2 remakes with rahXephon and eureka 7's movies, one sucked the other one is very underrated, they also said they may do a star driver ova if they really felt like it

also eureka 7 is getting a legit sequel soon, so in short, yes they do sequels

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 22, 2011 4:45 PM

Oct 2010
There were a few people mentioning about the fight with Bettenou but did anyone catch the following,

Inga was literally cannibalizing Bettenou. She was munching up her up and swallowed her. The last of her was done in the spoiler
within Inga's eye. After that she was consumed. Literally absorbed and dead forever. No chance of reincarnation.

Furthermore the process in the spoiler
was rather gruesome. Does not look graphical too much but it's like weird with all those veins suddenly being like that and then the way it was shown after how the soul gets sucked in totally.

Freaky in thinking about it TBH. Not to mention the devouring and Inga's face in the spoiler
and you have a freaky show for a moment there. Inga kind of reminded me of a zombie there a little.

Well at least they sure showed her ass in the spoiler

but I did not get anything worthy of it. Did anyone think of the following,

As one last amazing shot of Sasa? All there needs to be said is “Twin Tails!” Yeah! Sasa looks way better with those. Her long hair was getting old a little. So I am glad the last bit is really a good bit of Sasa.

Dec 22, 2011 5:05 PM

Jun 2011
Couldn't be more satisfied!

1.) Happy Inga is Ok and that she/ he stayed with Shin (and Shin seemed open and happy about that - extra plus there) (that's all I really cared about ^-^)

2.) Happy Shin and Rei didn't kiss or anything (Although I may be in the minority I personally don't want him with her)

3.) Happy it wasn't sad...its a pleasant change compared to some other anime that end up killing off your favorite characters right at the end, or leaving things too open for comfort - that's fine sometimes but this was refreshing.

4.) Most of all ...I'm extremely grateful to School Food Punishment (They're the main reason I watched it in the first place...besides the pictures of Inga that were very captivating and drew me in further) and Lama for setting the tone for this show.

10/10 Overall - Character design and Music make up for the first few episodes. Ready to watch it again.
Dec 22, 2011 5:15 PM
Dec 2007
Perfect ending to an almost perfect show in terms of script, characters and direction. It was also by far the best detective anime ever made (and of course Mizushima's best series too) and an outstandingly brilliant show. Maybe a bit too clever and complex for most watchers to understand its brilliance even. The only downside of the series in the end was its length. 10/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 22, 2011 5:20 PM

Aug 2010
This show is way better and more interesting than many show of this season. I definitely want another season
Dec 22, 2011 5:39 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
and you have a freaky show for a moment there. Inga kind of reminded me of a zombie there a little.

Being around Inga puts me in mind of having a 'pet' tiger. You can never really tame them and thus you're never really sure they won't one day decide to eat you.

Yumekichi11 said:
So I am glad the last bit is really a good bit of Sasa.

That is a good shot. Just what is that RAI thinking?
Dec 22, 2011 6:24 PM

Jun 2011
That moment where Inga fought with Bettenou made me speechless x_x
Dec 22, 2011 7:04 PM

Oct 2010
Cratex said:
Yumekichi11 said:
So I am glad the last bit is really a good bit of Sasa.
That is a good shot. Just what is that RAI thinking?
Trying to appeal in various ways to Yuuki perhaps. Sasa did already try seduction methods but Yuki brushes her off as a kid. He ain't never a loli boy. I kind of see his outtake on that.
Jacut said:
Maybe a bit too clever and complex for most watchers to understand its brilliance even.
I agree there with Jacut. I even had some problems understanding the end of what Yuki was babbling about. I know it does have more meanings than my own of it for sure.

However thanks to the community here I understood the last mind boggling thing and now I wonder what other interpretations may be as to the talk between Yuki and Rie's father?
Yumekichi11Dec 22, 2011 7:07 PM

Dec 22, 2011 7:23 PM

Jul 2011
Please let there be a season 2. Please.
Dec 22, 2011 8:14 PM

May 2008
need a second season + want to watch the prequal cause i want to no what happened to Shinjuurou...

9/10 liked this series alot hope it sells alot!
Dec 22, 2011 8:14 PM

Jan 2010
Insidious said:
Please let there be a season 2. Please.

This.
Now I have to wait for the DVD movie prequel to come out.
Dec 22, 2011 8:44 PM

Oct 2010
i really liked this show, the mysterys could be rather predictable but the characters were all really lovable and the dialogue was great. 9/10 i hope we get season 2 ^__^
Dec 22, 2011 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
As was touched on by earlier posts, this was never really a simple detective mystery show--the real interest was in the society that surrounded it. So in the season final (S2 please...), we got to see more of the corruption underlying the political and economic establishment. Remember that Kaishou is not only a political boss, he is also a major economic player as controller of the most powerful zaibatsu, and he also oversees the judiciary and the information (thought) police. With Inga's involvement this series should probably also have "supernatural" as one of the descriptors (unless soul-eating shapeshifters are a regular part of Japanese daily life).

Two things stuck out in the ending--Rie meeting Shinjuurou and hearing the history of how he hooked up with Inga (don't tell me that their involvement with each other is over based on the way she looks at him) and the footage under the closing credits and ED. Up until this point most of the visuals highlighted the destruction and desolation of the urban landscape following the war--this ending featured construction and cleanup scenes as well as the lush garden amid the ruins where Rie and Yuuki meet.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 22, 2011 9:00 PM

Apr 2011
8 for an amazing conclusion but might get a 6 if the OVA doesn't deliver in answering the questions about Inga and the supernatural.
Dec 22, 2011 9:51 PM

Aug 2010
It sucks this series has to end here at 11 episodes. Some people I've talked to dropped this series for being boring and not exciting before watching it all. It's disappointing, but to the very end of this series, it was very well worth the watch. I can't wait for the prequel movie coming next Spring. :D

Just when Shinjurou confronted Rinroku in the end and before they parted, I really thought this opened up to a second season. It was kinda like, "I'll await whatever more challenges there are against you, Kaishou Rinroku." But whatever I guess, there's still the movie.

Oh and about the battle between the two supernatural beings...GREAT ANIMATION. Although, I feel it's kinda out of place for being in this particular series. .-.

Overall Rating: 9/10. Only 11 episodes (can't do anything about it) and the conversations go too fast during the episodes, need more air time. >.>
Dec 22, 2011 10:47 PM

Jun 2011
The anime was bad at the start, but since the ending was something else, I will give it a 7.5
The ending could be better, the mysteries could be better, but I enjoyed this.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brace625 - Oct 13, 2011

180 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 2:33 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

72 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 20, 2011

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 2, 2023 12:33 AM

» UN-GO series--Watch series first or Episode 0 first?

thecursedone - Nov 23, 2013

13 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 25, 2022 2:10 AM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

79 by helldraco »»
Dec 7, 2021 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.