Forum Settings
Forums

Jan 18, 2011 6:06 AM

morrowind and oblivion both suck compared to gothic oblivion is a joke

Jan 18, 2011 8:33 AM

entropy13 said:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/b/xbox360/archive/2011/01/17/the-technology-behind-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

thats is some intresting info you found there!

Jan 18, 2011 9:22 AM
OldSnake007 said:
I bet it will be delayed to 2012.

Why ? a little game called Modern Warfare 3 will probably release in the same week.
And exactly how much overlap is there between the customer bases of both those?

Jan 19, 2011 3:36 AM

Koura said:

which one? I've only played a bit of Gothic 2 but I thought it was dull and boring compared to morrowind, which had a better presentation and more interesting world.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

Jan 19, 2011 8:28 AM

looking at stuff about the soundtrack, and lol according to the interview vid they had at Game Informer's website their having like a Viking Chorus for their soundtrack you can already find the title song on youtube, its basicly the same as it was for Morrowind, but with Viking Chorus singing in it, awesome...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫

Jan 20, 2011 7:13 AM

Koura said:

thats all?
no reasen why its better?

Jan 20, 2011 11:23 AM

Neverarine said:
looking at stuff about the soundtrack, and lol according to the interview vid they had at Game Informer's website their having like a Viking Chorus for their soundtrack you can already find the title song on youtube, its basicly the same as it was for Morrowind, but with Viking Chorus singing in it, awesome...

WHOA really? thats awesome! morrowinds music is among my all time fav video game OSTs.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

Jan 20, 2011 12:34 PM

Aaaaaaahhh... this game will devour my life. I can easily see hundreds of hours going into it, like Oblivion before. :)

Feb 5, 2011 2:01 AM

Feb 24, 2011 10:11 AM

No... but are you?!

Feb 24, 2011 10:50 AM

Ok I take back what I said, this is looking pretty sweet. Character models look like they have had an enormous improvement. I'm kinda having trouble even believing this is from Bethesda.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

Feb 24, 2011 1:13 PM

It looks gorgeous. Breathtakingly so. Just amazing. I hope the game is at least as good as the trailer

Feb 24, 2011 4:49 PM

I came..

Feb 25, 2011 8:58 AM

Very impressive. Another game to remind me I need a new PC.

Feb 25, 2011 1:02 PM

Never played Morrowind. But I played Oblivion like it was crack and I loved every second of it. Can't wait for this game!

Between this, Diablo III and Guild Wars II I'm going to have no fucking life. ._.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Feb 25, 2011 11:30 PM

Nika-senpai said:
Never played Morrowind. But I played Oblivion like it was crack and I loved every second of it. Can't wait for this game!

Between this, Diablo III and Guild Wars II I'm going to have no fucking life. ._.

Same here. I don't know which game I should spend more time with. Guild Wars 2? Or Skyrim? Both are gonna be amazing and I know once they both come out, its the end of my social life lol.

Feb 26, 2011 10:32 AM
Jigero said:
Ok I take back what I said, this is looking pretty sweet. Character models look like they have had an enormous improvement. I'm kinda having trouble even believing this is from Bethesda.

The fact that the game is running 10 months before release, and is stable enough for them to take screenshots in fullscreen mode without a cataclysmic system failure makes it hard for me to believe it's from them.

Feb 26, 2011 1:07 PM

seriously guys...their games are not THAT buggy. I personally never had a major problem with oblivion or fallout 3

Feb 26, 2011 1:46 PM
eyerok said:
seriously guys...their games are not THAT buggy. I personally never had a major problem with oblivion or fallout 3
Shit man, with Fallout 3, I had to run the game in windowed mode with no AA, just so that the memory leak took 90 minutes to crash it instead of 10, and that wasn't fixed until... six months later I believe.
As for Oblivion, I have no idea what the big bugs were, because back then I was running a Pentium 4 and a Geforce FX with 1 gig of memory, so I attributed the game dying to my shitty rig. But I do recall that the last 2 or so quests for each guild had humongous bugs, like characters getting lost, quest items like keys being lost and the exit being sealed, etc.

Feb 27, 2011 9:47 AM

eyerok said:

Funny because my copy of Oblivion couldn't close with out crashing, I got stuck in a house once and had to use the Dev Console to get me out of the house. I had Quest important characters die or disappear making some quest impossible to do until I reset them with the dev console. I had quest items not be where they where suppose be, or I couldn't pick them up. Zombies had missing texture on their head that I was able to fix with the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. I had copious problems with DLC as well. And this was just the short list.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

Feb 27, 2011 1:26 PM

funny i played oblivion and fallout 3 on my crappy total junk laptop, and i only had a handful of problems from both of them, certainly nothing worth complaigning about... though i was playing the game of the year edition both times

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫

Feb 27, 2011 1:56 PM

Okay okay I get it...:P

Feb 27, 2011 3:37 PM

Might as well have called the game Elder Scrolls V: Rimjob.

I don't know what that means. Awesome trailer!!!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Feb 27, 2011 4:15 PM
Neverarine said:
funny i played oblivion and fallout 3 on my crappy total junk laptop, and i only had a handful of problems from both of them, certainly nothing worth complaigning about... though i was playing the game of the year edition both times

Yeah, everything's fine after the payed beta first 6 months or so.

Feb 27, 2011 5:31 PM
That's gonna be the first Oblivion I'll probably play.

the last one sucks and look like shit and the other are too old and ugly for me to play.

Feb 27, 2011 6:34 PM

I played Morrowind but that was years ago. I haven't played Oblivion at all but I may catch up with this one.

Feb 28, 2011 3:44 AM

nerb said:
Neverarine said:

Yeah, everything's fine after the payed beta first 6 months or so.

lol, I guess I had the advantage of playing Oblivion 5 years and fallout 3 about 2 years or so after their release

Mar 2, 2011 9:24 AM

I went into a euphoric state of fanboy dancing when the badass Morrowind/Elder Scrolls theme kicked in. I haven't been this excited for a game in awhile.This year is going to be too awesome of a gaming year... pending delays of course.

Apr 26, 2011 4:03 PM

Seriously can't wait for it, looks great already, judging by the trailer. :]

Apr 26, 2011 4:04 PM

Aw.. another game I probably won't get to play but wish I could D: I need to update my computer already >< dangit.

Apr 26, 2011 4:12 PM

Apr 26, 2011 6:01 PM

What a boring trailer. It looks like generic fantasy rpg stuff. Scenery looks nice at least but everything else looks a bit bland to me.

Apr 26, 2011 6:44 PM
Entendre said:
What a boring trailer. It looks like generic fantasy rpg stuff. Scenery looks nice at least but everything else looks a bit bland to me.
Man, you must be high. That's a freaking DRAGON! And the guy has a SWORD! And he's all "swish swish swish" and the dragon's all "swoosh" and then that dog's all "woof" and the guy's bow goes "fwump" and kills it.

Apr 26, 2011 9:30 PM

Nabi123 said:
LOL

That.. was hilarious xD and also awesome.

Apr 27, 2011 1:12 AM

Really excited for this. Looks amazing. And the music score for the trailer was truly awesome.

Apr 27, 2011 11:43 AM

MoonFox said:
Nabi123 said:
LOL

That.. was hilarious xD and also awesome.

That was fucking hilarious haha!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Apr 28, 2011 8:57 AM

Hopefully they have more than 5 voice actors this time

Apr 28, 2011 3:19 PM

If it has the variety of morrowind then I'm good

Apr 29, 2011 12:15 AM

Jay689 said:
I played Morrowind but that was years ago. I haven't played Oblivion at all but I may catch up with this one.
You're probably doing yourself a service. Oblivion is mad disappointing game for Morrowind fans

Apr 29, 2011 7:11 AM

Vegreaper said:
You're probably doing yourself a service. Oblivion is mad disappointing game for Morrowind fans

The mods push the game from mediocre to good, shame it starts crashing like crazy after a certain number.

Sep 16, 2011 1:02 PM

Ok, time to take this thread to the next level. I'm not seeing enough discussion on this forum about what you guys are going to do in this game, so:

1] What will you play as?

In Oblivion I played as a black dude. Uh, I mean 'red guard'. For some reason I feel like the only dude who played as this race and is planning on playing it again for Skyrim. Everywhere I go online people are raving about the cats and lizards, who to be honest, I cant relate to.

I take the phrase 'role play' to heart. (ok I'm not dark skinned but whatever, the race seemed balanced and didnt sound like they'd swallowed a scarf)

2] What kind of character will you be?

I'm going to do what I did in Oblivion and be a sneaky sword + bow carrying bastard who occasionally goes crazy when the situation calls for it. I will live in the shadows and headshot people. I will help shop keepers with their stupid tasks and wont rob them afterwards. Unless they're rude to me.

3] How are you guys feeling about Skyrim so far?

I'm positive, it looks great, but the landscapes do appear pretty bland from what we've seen. I hope there's some variety and that I don't get bored running around dungeons. I can still remember places in Oblivion vividly as if they were real.

Sep 16, 2011 1:30 PM

I always, without fail play as a Dark Elf or, as I prefer to call them, a Dunmer. I've always enjoyed a ranger type character, so probably that. I don't know how Skyrim looks because I haven't watched any videos or anything, hell I'm not even sure when I'll buy it. But...I will be playing it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Sep 16, 2011 1:36 PM

Beatnik said:
I generally play through as 2 different types. First will definitely be as a nord or imperial and use a 1h/shield heavy class. Second will most likely be the light armored sneak class as argonian or wood elf, though I might try a mage class depending on how good the new magic system is.

They need to do a better job of letting people play as outlaws(with bounty) though. I can't exactly describe how they could do it, but it just seemed impractical in the previous game.It looks like stealth will be much more fun though with the addition of executions on unaware targets.

Sep 16, 2011 1:59 PM

I'm not sure what race I'll play as yet because I have no particular attachment to any of them. I'll probably be some sort of conjuror, and if not that then I'll be slashing things with a sword. And I will definitely be checking out the Brotherhood. Fond memories. I can't wait to play and just run around randomly killing helpless deer.

Beatnik said:
I'm positive, it looks great, but the landscapes do appear pretty bland from what we've seen. I hope there's some variety and that I don't get bored running around dungeons.

I also hope there is more so see landscape wise.

Sep 16, 2011 3:06 PM
I haven't read up on all the details. But if spears are in like Morrowind, probably an orcish dragoon. Add in a dash of destruction and some social/misc skills to make playing more enjoyable.

If spears are out, which they probably are, as I've seen no mention of them, I don't know. I'd kinda like an argonian mage, but that also depends. They always had small mana pools in the old games unless you took a huge hit to magic resist with your sign (or no mana regen, ugh).

Honestly I'll probably still be undecided when I am tweaking facial features and puzzling out a name. I'm terrible at being decisive when it comes to character creation.

Sep 16, 2011 3:08 PM

I will most likely stick with my dark elf mage.

Leveling up is hard but in the long run it's worth it.

Sep 16, 2011 3:50 PM

Breton, asshole mage.

Sep 16, 2011 4:18 PM

Mental note: make sure I've got two hours to kill when I start playing the game, it'll take me that long to settle on what the character looks like. :|

Sep 16, 2011 4:39 PM

Beatnik said:
Mental note: make sure I've got two hours to kill when I start playing the game, it'll take me that long to settle on what the character looks like. :|

I hope it's improved, Oblivion's facial structure was not as good as Mass effect.

Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »