Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2011 11:08 AM

Oct 2010

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amazing episode. Loved from the start of seeing Taiga cook till the end, jumping around happy, being hilarious in the following spoiler
and just seeing Taiga was emotional. Furthermore Taiga x Ryuuji in the following,

Oh dear the emotions are kicking in more than before.

Not to mention Taiga in the following,

Because of that face I think I burned a cell somewhere due to the over 9000 going gaga in the MOE. That face was splendid! Marvellous! I loved it! Seeing all this episode was emotionally challenging because I did not see the series for so long and the characters.

Comedy was great! For the OP they used an alternate version of the OP1 and I love that version so it was quite sounding lovely to me. ED is Vanilla as ED1 from original series with added content IMO. I am a little bit nostalgic now over all this. Been forever. I am going to see this again in BD quality and I will leave it at wishing to have more time to re-watch the whole series on BD. Taiga is the best! I will leave at that with more later (I should try to give out some graphics for the club of this). Final score? 10/10 don't ask it is just that much worth to me.

Discuss how emotional and happy were you of seeing this all over again scrunched up in an episode. Did emotions burst out suddenly like me?

BTW I managed to do some GIFs in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=378831
you know back then I did not even know how to take shots of a part of an episode. Now, just glad I did some of Taiga because I always wanted to do something new of her and this episode did it! Hope you like them.
Yumekichi11Dec 21, 2011 5:02 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 20, 2011 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode! Full of comedy just like in the original series. Taiga makes such the cutest faces.

I laughed so hard at this.
Dec 20, 2011 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
Very good OVA really got me emotional since Toradora was the first anime i saw after i stop watching anime for some time,the story,the comedy,the drama made remember why i loved anime and here i am.

Now about the OVA it was funny as hell,seeing the "gang" really got me emotional,Kitamura is so funny as always and the faces were amazing and Taiga it overload me with cuteness.
Without doubt i will watch Toradora! again as soon as i can,specially since i didnt remeber how CUTE and MOE Taiga is!!

More after i watch it in better quality and in subs.
Dec 20, 2011 4:38 PM

Aug 2011

(i'll reply again to this thread after im not speechless anymore...., thank you god for this episode :D)
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Dec 20, 2011 9:30 PM
Aug 2011
This was my first romance anime I ever watched. I am very pleased to see them again! Great episode!
Dec 21, 2011 1:56 AM

Nov 2007
Eating class rep.'s bento made by his grandma!! So gorgeous! lol~ Mio's the name?

He's serious about making bento? Then the next, simple but delicious!! Ryuuji is still thinking about the competition and sacrificing Taiga.

lol~ bringing the heater and being used... lol even more at bringing rice cooker to school!

lol @ Minorin! And Taiga cooking... making it too sour!

Taiga making Ryuuji realize the true intention of making bento.

I just saw from streaming site that it's one of the stories from "spin-off".
tsubasaloverDec 21, 2011 8:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 21, 2011 5:13 AM

Mar 2010
This OVA must be a bad joke. That's really not what I´m waiting for...
Dec 21, 2011 2:57 PM
May 2009
In itself it wasn't bad... but I definitely expected something else... something greater.
Dec 21, 2011 9:00 PM

Apr 2011
That was so cute~
Minori won this episode, for me.
Dec 22, 2011 12:00 AM

Nov 2011
So was the ending scene mean't to take place after the last episode ? When Ryuuji and Taiga are a couple?
Dec 22, 2011 12:17 AM

Mar 2008
Loved the episode from start to finish. The art was surprisingly consistent with the TV show considering how long it's been since the series which I'm happy about, as well as the voice acting and character interactions. Minorin was hilarious, Taiga was a bit less tsun than usual and ryuuji was his usual housewifey competitive self. all in all, a really good ova
Dec 22, 2011 12:18 AM

Nov 2011
divinicide said:
Tomodachi5 said:
So was the ending scene mean't to take place after the last episode ? When Ryuuji and Taiga are a couple?

I believe its felt ambiguous so the viewers can decide. It "seems" like it can take place after the series.

Yea, I feel like it could take place some time in between or after the series, but judging from Taiga's and Ryuuji's actions and how Kitamura and Ami sorta forced them to feed each other; after the series makes more sense.
Dec 22, 2011 1:10 AM
Nov 2009
It might also have taken place after Taiga left the school for a while to sort things out with her family and before the end scene where she comes back and headbutts Ryuji. I'm sure they were still meeting each other during that time.

Anyhow great OVA, 5/5. If only all the Rie animes could be like this.
Dec 22, 2011 1:39 AM

Jul 2009
So this isn't something like clannad another world, in other words this isn't Minori route...chikuso...might not even dl it I gues..
Dec 22, 2011 1:42 AM

Sep 2011
Toradora! was one of my first romance anime I ever watched and I've always been a huge fan of the series (as you can tell), so I was very excited to watch this special! Overall I thought it was a bit random, but this special reminded me how much I missed Toradora! Taiga was just so cute at the end... so nostalgic... <3 -o-

L> SEASON 2 >:D
funkotakuJul 5, 2012 4:36 PM
Dec 22, 2011 1:46 AM
Apr 2011
Watching ToraDora, my favorite anime ever, after such a long time... I've rewatched it a couple times, but seeing new content felt even better... So heartwarming...
I'm speechless. 10/10.
Dec 22, 2011 2:16 AM

Jul 2009
They just don't make romantic comedies like this anymore... /sigh

I missed that ED.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Dec 22, 2011 2:28 AM

Apr 2009
I really missed the characters its been year since i last watched toradora.
Loled when ryuuji challenging takasu's grandma like that.
really great ova , hoping for another toradora anime or ova.
Dec 22, 2011 2:29 AM

Jan 2008
I hope they'll continue animating the series. 9/10
Dec 22, 2011 2:38 AM

Jul 2011
Honestly I was disappointed with this episode, oh well, it was nice seeing the OP/ED as well as the characters again.
Dec 22, 2011 3:41 AM

Oct 2007
Filippo Inzaghi Inko-cha xD
Dec 22, 2011 4:56 AM

Jul 2009
MOTO said:

This. I'm sad Hadena missed the reference.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Dec 22, 2011 5:32 AM

Apr 2008
Hope someone other then shitty Hadena will sub it :P
Raw is better then their subs xD

Dec 22, 2011 6:14 AM
Dec 2007
It has been so much time since I last saw a ToraDora episode that I almost didn't remember what the characters looked like. Still, this ep made me remeber how good the series was even though it was a less-than-average one.

arsonal said:
MOTO said:

Sad indeed.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 22, 2011 6:24 AM

Jul 2010
Omg i missed this show :D so happy to see it back

that ending scene was cute :)
Dec 22, 2011 6:28 AM

Jul 2011
Amazing ending, kinda missed those 2 :)
10/10 just because it's Toradora xd
Was hoping for a after story episode but this was fine aswell, i dont think there will be a 2nd season but i'll keep crossing my fingers.
Dec 22, 2011 7:54 AM

Jun 2009
arsonal said:
MOTO said:

He's an AC MILAN player HADENA!
Dec 22, 2011 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
Not a bad OVA, The Toradora spark is still there :).

Comedy is always there with Ryuuji, going over the top thinking ben-to lunches were a cooking challenge between him and Mio xD.

How I've missed Toradora, not a bad christmas gift :). Taiga is still the same which is good :).

Shame it was a OVA between episode's in the series and not an aftermath of the events that occurred at the end of series.

I hope that there is either another OVA or possibly a short series of more Toradora :)

8/10 it was pretty good but can't always expect an OVA to be at the same standard as the main series which in Toradora's case was pretty high as I rated that 10/10
removed-userDec 22, 2011 9:24 AM
Dec 22, 2011 9:02 AM
Aug 2009
arsonal said:

I missed that ED.

^--- this, nuf sed...
On a more serious note, not exactly what I was looking for but nothing less than perfection anyway. It's kinda obvious that the opening and ending are meant to be for after the end of the series if one were to think about it, but the question is, where would you place the middle part?
Dec 22, 2011 9:20 AM

Dec 2009
This ova made me hungry. XD

7/10
Dec 22, 2011 9:25 AM

May 2011
Well.. I'm not too sure what i should be saying here, watching this ova brings back memories of all the characters and indeed it was a sweet ending. It probably took place somewhere in between the episodes.. I was hoping to see some extra stuffs such as ryuuji and taiga's wedding or some sort, or maybe some extra side story to minori, ami or maybe kitamura. I really loved these characters. Although all that did not happen but still i liked this episode alot.

Anybody noticed how minori frowned for a split second there when taiga was saying how she liked ryuuji's normal bento perfectly fine? It's nice to see minori showing her true hidden feelings once in awhile.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 22, 2011 10:20 AM

Nov 2009
Rhedak said:
In itself it wasn't bad... but I definitely expected something else... something greater.

This pretty much...I adore Toradora but I felt like after waiting nearly 3 years we may have deserved a bit more. Like you know an epilogue episode...

We can only dream though =(
Dec 22, 2011 10:28 AM

May 2011
This pretty much...I adore Toradora but I felt like after waiting nearly 3 years we may have deserved a bit more. Like you know an epilogue episode...

Yeah well its because the novel has already ended, unless someone wants to step up and write a continuation version of it or else...that's pretty much it. Kind of wasted tho, this is such a good anime.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 22, 2011 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
Kiev said:

Yeah well its because the novel has already ended, unless someone wants to step up and write a continuation version of it or else...that's pretty much it. Kind of wasted tho, this is such a good anime.

Did not know the novel was finished :(, ah well I'm happy with Toradora as it is :D, one of the best anime series that I've ever watched.
Dec 22, 2011 10:50 AM

Jan 2011
arsonal said:

I missed that ED.
so true :(
this is my god damn signature.
Dec 22, 2011 12:59 PM

Aug 2011
I was expecting more of an after story for the ova.Well whatever,this ova really brought back memories of why i loved the series so much. 10/10
Dec 22, 2011 1:51 PM

Jul 2010
Indeed it was very good episode! well, i am a big fan of Toradora, so its nothing special that i liked it :D
BUT.I really hoped to see some Ryuuji x Minori moments...and i am disappointed now.Everything i saw was Ryuuji x Taiga...AGAIN. :<
Ryuuji's image in head of Kitamura's grandmother was just so LOL XD

8/10 because in comparison with TV series it was only good IMO ^^
Dec 22, 2011 2:01 PM

Sep 2010
The OVA just consisted of Ryuuji competing with Kitamura's grandmother and then learning the true meaning of making a bento. It was funny, but I would have rather had an epilogue as well.

8/10 just because I missed the show and it was funny along the way.
Dec 22, 2011 2:49 PM

Aug 2011
yeah its not want most people wanted but i still enjoyed it a lot! so ryuuji finds out that a bentou is made for the person and what they like or something like that. good episode with the same great comedy that toradora always had. taiga's face at the end when she got the lunch box back was so cute! and her feeding ryuuji was so adorable! i liked this ova 9/10 for me!

oh and im guessing this takes place somewhere in the middle of the series(or a little after) since in the end she stops going to that school, so it wouldn't make since for it to be after the series ended right?
but one can dream that there will be some sort of sequel to this series right....?

man this made me miss the old OP and ED! those where good, way better than the second ones but thats my opinion.
Potatoboy27Dec 22, 2011 2:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2011 4:36 PM

Jan 2011
This reminded me of why I love Toradora so much! even though it was a sidestory in a way just about Bentos and it wasn't really taking Place after the series it was still pretty good, man how i missed the first season feeling before all the Drama happened lol.
Dec 22, 2011 4:36 PM

Nov 2010
Naxrrhid said:

(i'll reply again to this thread after im not speechless anymore...., thank you god for this episode :D)

give this man a medal haha i can't say any more untill he speaks again! :D
Dec 22, 2011 8:44 PM

Oct 2011
Not really what I was expecting from the special episode but it's some good comedy I guess. 8/10
Dec 22, 2011 9:16 PM

Jan 2011
This episode made me remember why i loved toradora so much in the first place. This nostalgia feeling..
Dec 22, 2011 10:07 PM

Jul 2011
awesome ep, loved how ryuuji takes pride in doing housewives chores XD

funny and pretty heartwarming end to it, it was a good 3 year wait

hey hey, do you have smoked cheeze?
Nyoro~n
Dec 22, 2011 10:51 PM

Oct 2009
Oh how I've missed you Toradora.

This is how a feel-good romantic comedy is done, take notes 2012.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2011 1:07 AM

Dec 2010
Decent OVA, but what i was wondering was when it occurred. my guess is that it occurred during the time of the show; kind of like what cowboy bebop did with its movie and such so before the final episode; but the last scene made me think otherwise; well whatever the case it was nice to see Toradora again.
Dec 23, 2011 1:22 AM

Sep 2010
This was better than expected.
More than I could ask for.
Dec 23, 2011 1:56 AM

Aug 2010
I'm with the minority on this one, slightly disappointed. Not necessarily because it wasn't an epilogue (in fact I'm completely satisfied with the ending and don't want to see a butchered second season), but I personally didn't get that "Toradora-like" feeling that I got from the series itself. It was still a nice episode though, but the others could have had more focus. 4/5.

Was this original content or adapted from the novels? The characters and the interaction seemed a bit off. Might be just me though.
Dec 23, 2011 2:53 AM

Sep 2011
Tomodachi5 said:

it actually felt more like a flash back. Most of it takes place at some point in the middle and that last little end part after they are together, like hes looking back on it.
Dec 23, 2011 3:06 AM

Dec 2011
Good, not great, but around the level I was expected. A lot of people were hoping that this would follow the psp endings. Sadly it didn't. Would have loved to see Ami's perfect end.

Oh well, guess i'll just carry on playing toradora portable to see the ending myself.
I blog about eroge at:
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» THANK YOU GOD!

Indulg3 - Sep 11, 2011

41 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 11, 2015 5:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.