Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers Episode 12 Discussion

Jan 3, 2012 5:01 PM

What made this interesting I think was that the "route" the story took wasn't the "default" one (or the one that seemed like it), that anime adaptions from these kind of games seem to like to take. So that, was a refresher.
The story was bland, but that should be expected, as they had to cram in stuff into 13 episodes, so there was very little space for story development. So much so that they had to leave out a heroine too it seems (originally 6, now only 5)
All in all, it was enjoyable enough to watch.

Jan 5, 2012 7:17 PM
I agree with you(ths first)... I want a Sana OVA!!!! :'(

Jan 8, 2012 2:24 PM

Such a beautiful ending. It is pure white~ <3

Jan 17, 2012 9:36 AM
Mui's route made this anime very pussy

Jan 18, 2012 11:01 PM

If that was supposed to make me want the game, it sure worked.

Too bad I wouldn't be able to play it :(

Jan 21, 2012 12:33 AM

Cheese-tier

Jan 31, 2012 12:36 PM

7.5/10 for me, just because he chose someone that was not someone i would have expected( from the start, half way you could tell he was going to choose mui...) was entertained the whole time.
Modified by Potatoboy27, Feb 1, 2012 8:48 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 8, 2012 4:06 PM

Even though as early as after half the series, you'd kinda figure that Miu was a girl to reckon' with.
I liked her prob most of all.
Sana: A violent girl who tries her best at the early encounter she has with the Shingo, ends up kicking him whenever she feels frustrated over Shingo being close to Miu. Ends up suddenly having feelings for Shingo, and yada yada yada.

Airi: a girl he meets as a cheerful and sweet girl, only to meet her in school, as a big bitch. (We all know the somewhat-acceptable reason for why she acts like that)
Atcs all grown up, and keeps he distance, we all know she ain't after Shingo in such a way, nor as much as Sana ends up being.

Miu: Win. Always calm, caring,sweet(annoying voice over time though), etc etc.
She gives her all for others, neglecting herself, same as Shingo, to a certain degree.

I only bumped into this series by random, as I love testing out new romace/harem series. This got me good, as most harem shows never ends up with a couple actually getting together.
I did not know there was a game, and happy I weren't. I would prob not have enjoyed the series as much if I knew that there has been made several arcs, for most of the girls.

8/10 for the show.
4/5 for audio
4.5/5 for the art
3.5-4/5 for the story.

Feb 23, 2012 12:49 PM
hyptocalus said:
Even though as early as after half the series, you'd kinda figure that Miu was a girl to reckon' with.
I liked her prob most of all.
Sana: A violent girl who tries her best at the early encounter she has with the Shingo, ends up kicking him whenever she feels frustrated over Shingo being close to Miu. Ends up suddenly having feelings for Shingo, and yada yada yada.

Airi: a girl he meets as a cheerful and sweet girl, only to meet her in school, as a big bitch. (We all know the somewhat-acceptable reason for why she acts like that)
Atcs all grown up, and keeps he distance, we all know she ain't after Shingo in such a way, nor as much as Sana ends up being.

Miu: Win. Always calm, caring,sweet(annoying voice over time though), etc etc.
She gives her all for others, neglecting herself, same as Shingo, to a certain degree.

I only bumped into this series by random, as I love testing out new romace/harem series. This got me good, as most harem shows never ends up with a couple actually getting together.
I did not know there was a game, and happy I weren't. I would prob not have enjoyed the series as much if I knew that there has been made several arcs, for most of the girls.

8/10 for the show.
4/5 for audio
4.5/5 for the art
3.5-4/5 for the story.
Many people were frustrated about it mostly because Miu is your overly sweet yet totally unimportant type of character which ALL romance shows just throw to the side, because she's so sweet she can give cavities.

And for people who actually knew of the show beforehand, it's even more frustrating because Airi and Sana are actually the main girls in every other Mashiro-iro material with Airi being more or less your main heroine. It's like watching Kanon and ending up with a Shiori ending instead of Ayu or Nayuki.

Feb 25, 2012 12:02 PM

So, this finally came to an end for me, a rather late one though. I pretty much enjoyed this show and was surprised and pleased by the fact that they didn't go for a 'first girl at last minute' solution, but did it this way.
I was quite annoyed by the fact that they suddenly introduced a new character at the end; that ruined all built-up atmosphere and stuff. Overall I'm pretty positive about this show. I guess a 8-9/10 would be in it's place.

Is there actually an English translation available for the VN?

Feb 26, 2012 4:24 PM

THEY RUINED THE WHOLE THING WHEN THEY CHOOSE MIU!!!!!! THE ANIME PROFILE PIC IS A HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING!!!
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner

Mar 6, 2012 2:28 PM
Grim Anime Fan

9/10 cuz something gave feeling that something was missing.. not sure why or what.. but something was missing

Mar 7, 2012 11:54 AM
Really enjoyed that anime. After the first few episodes I thought that Airi would be the girl for our protagonist so it being Miu was a big surprise for me; not that I didn't like it, mind you.
Anyway, I think that I found a new passion for that sort of anime so I'll gladly continue watching them. 10/10 for this one
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Mar 9, 2012 10:16 AM

This anime was really bad...

I wrote about my feelings here.

http://alternativemagazineuk.blogspot.com/2011/12/mashiroiro-symphony-color-of-lovers.html

Mar 11, 2012 6:35 PM

For once the protagonist ended up with the heroine I preferred. That being said, this series was quite enjoyable. ^_^

Mar 12, 2012 3:14 AM

I, for one, found this serie to be really refreshing. I am glad that the typical 'tsundere' girl doesn't win for once. Miu may not have a broad or exciting character, but she matches the main character the best. It was a decent show and I think they did well to portray a youth romance.
Modified by Yzori, Mar 12, 2012 3:26 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 13, 2012 9:14 AM

i hate how they made it seem like airi was going to be the one then did a total twist and went to mui i was completely rooting for airi...What about OVA, new eps or 2nd season? Is there any info about them?

Apr 28, 2012 1:25 AM

Finally, it's over! This was so bland I could cry. 4/10. Had a nice OP and ED.

Jun 3, 2012 2:08 AM

Awesome episode, loved how it ended MiuXShingo FTW!!!

Jun 12, 2012 9:20 AM

I like the ending especially miu x shingo.

7/10

Jul 9, 2012 2:03 AM
TBH, I really hated this ending. Mostly because I love Airi now. But it was a little disappointing.

Aug 7, 2012 4:37 PM

It could have been a lot better but still very good, i would say this is the best harems i've watched so far, but seriously....WHAT THE FUCK WITH AIRI!?!?! Why the hell sis they start it out like that and then switch over to Miu!?!?!?!? CMON GUISE.

The characters were one of the strongest points in this and the art was beautiful and went along with a somewhat flawed but touching story. 9/10 but could have been a lot better.

Sep 11, 2012 9:08 AM

9/10 <3

Sep 20, 2012 1:42 AM

While this anime bounced all over the place, I must say I really enjoyed it. It seems as if the show wanted to be longer and got chopped halfway through, so the producers wrapped it up quickly and picked Miu instead while brushing Airi and the merger aside. Again, that's still fine. Overall, 9/10.

Sep 23, 2012 2:46 AM

animation are sometimes poor and jagged. character design are smexy. even the moms are MILFs! but the drawing in some cases are poor. especially the colored outlines on their eyes. its so annoying. i hope they adapt more routes in the future. Its pretty much your typical eroge adaptation without the sex scenes.

AIRI GOT ROBBED out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

Oct 2, 2012 9:47 PM

i loved this show the emotions, the characters, the plot everything it reminded me of Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi so much 10/10 for me.

Dec 15, 2012 7:27 AM

PANNYA-CHAN!!! Fuck best thing of the whole Anime =D still wonder what the fuck that creator is xD Great ending though sweet and cute all together, this anime was quite nice to watch and the epilogue made it even better :D

Somewhere I still wanted to see Airi X Shingo so that's why I'm going to see the special to see what they've done there, but still quite nice it was with Miu!

In general I've had a great watch of this sweet anime 8/10

Dec 25, 2012 3:09 PM
Bleh, Sana was better.
2/10

Dec 25, 2012 9:16 PM

WAYYYYYYYY TOO UNDERRATED. SYMPHONY IS THE BEST HAREM ANIME EVER! TOTALLY PERFECT! I FULLY ENJOYED IT! WILL REWATCH AGAIN FOR SURE! 10/10!!!

Jan 16, 2013 7:00 AM
well that was a shit ending and the purple ring around miu's eye was so annoying

Jan 19, 2013 2:59 PM

Eventhough i liked Airi more than Miu, i'll still give 8/10 because of happy end, and Pannya :3

Jan 21, 2013 2:52 PM
I dont know why everyone is so displeased with the selection of Miu at the end. I never played the game because PSP is stupid but Miu is a great character, and I would pick her. Even if in the game u pick the other girls dont downplay the fact that this anime is actually very good. Wish there was a season 2

Jan 30, 2013 4:19 PM

great anime & i like the end as well, couple of surprises turning this 12 episodes, most anime's are so predictable but not this one

this anime is under Harem category but i ton't see Harem any ware in this anime, dose he end up dating all 4 girls? no then its not harem, Tenchi Muyo! GXP was true harem anime, in the end guy had to merry 5 girls cause galactic empress say'd its a political marriage & he has to, empress was that kind of a person who likes to play with people, so she did it fro fun but i wont say he did not have any feelings for this 5 girls, well my point is that if in the end mane char dose not end up dating multiple girls or dose not merry multiple girls then its not harem anime!!!

Jan 30, 2013 4:31 PM

Andriyani said:
Eventhough i liked Airi more than Miu, i'll still give 8/10 because of happy end, and Pannya :3

right new i'm re-watching it

if he wold have chosen Airi then it wold be like any other anime, & predictable as any other anime(it wold be same as re-watching anime's, not as fun as watching first time), but cause hes choice is Miu its unique anime & first unique anime i so, second unique is Kokoro Connect, if hes choice wold be Airi maeny wold complain that how predictable it is & then this anime wold score low, so this anime gets 10/10 from me

so ur reasoning is weak :)
Modified by Sugram22, Jan 31, 2013 10:16 AM

Jan 31, 2013 10:27 AM

(COPY'D POST & NOT MINE) (Post writer: user of animeultimatv, user name Iceuchiha)
it was the complete opposite of a harem. the protagonist wasn't indecisive, the other girls didn't cockblock each other, the main heroine didn't get the farthest with the protagonist, and the girls didn't really try to make any moves on the protagonist(except Sana but was interrupted by miu's phone call), and the girl the protagonist chose didn't feel guilty about their relation even though she knew her friend(s) liked him. and the protagonist didn't try to make all the girls happy

(MY POST START)
this writer is wrong about 1 thing: girl the protagonist chose didn't feel guilty about their relation even though she knew her friend(s) liked him

the thing is Miu did not know Sana's feelings cause Shingo say'd: there is nothing between us, she figured that he knows Shana's feelings so she taught that she misunderstood Sana, & she did not notice feelings of her other friends at all, she only noticed Sana's until he say'd there is nothing between us.

new lets say she did know Sana's feelings, she also know that rejecting him wont change anything she wont go out with Sana just cause of that, so no reason to feel guilty!!! & second did Miu made moves on him? no she did not!!! so no second reason not to feel guilty!!!
Modified by Sugram22, Jan 31, 2013 1:00 PM

Feb 1, 2013 8:03 PM

Pretty good.
7.42/10

Apr 19, 2013 12:20 AM

I was hoping they would clarify the ending of the previous episode, DID THEY DO IT? But overall a great series, Deciding if I should give it a 7/10 or and 8/10 right now.

May 23, 2013 2:30 PM

I was a bit disappointed with the ending, I liked Sana and Airi way more than Miu.
I think it was fine, I guess.

6/10

May 27, 2013 5:51 PM
lol wut

May 28, 2013 5:15 PM
thats how a harem shld be pretty damn gd. those that dont see where his relationship for miu was are blind it was throughout the series when he first sees her through the windows when he meets her etc etc
in the airi arc he was never looking at airi he was allways looking toward miu and notice how she never said she loved him once or that she wasnt really upset by any other girl then sena arc he was just being a friend to her and was allways looking at miu so she was the one the hole way through guys dont fall for tsunderes when there looking at someone whos kind to them unless there into tht thing but i think its a minority anyways this is one of my favorite harems just because of how complete it was and you get to actually see there in a relationship not one of those childish endings where at the last second they kiss and thts it as if a kiss is anything

Jun 2, 2013 7:18 AM
Worst One

8 out of 10 from me , Airi was my fave at least her route in the VN is being translated first after the common route. all in all a great show with a really nice feeling.

Jul 6, 2013 5:00 PM

9/10 bitches
Miu is boss

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")

Aug 4, 2013 12:06 PM

awwww this anime was so cute

7/10

Aug 22, 2013 12:18 AM
Wait, so he doesnt pick Sena? Then why were they're 5 episodes of her development along with both of them being in the bath together then she seems like put on the backburner after O.o

Im on EP 7 and when I started reading hints about who he picks in the end I was like, da fuq? Really?

Well now I've lost interest to finish off this series.

Sep 8, 2013 4:52 PM

dasichri said:
Wait, so he doesnt pick Sena? Then why were they're 5 episodes of her development along with both of them being in the bath together then she seems like put on the backburner after O.o

Im on EP 7 and when I started reading hints about who he picks in the end I was like, da fuq? Really?

Well now I've lost interest to finish off this series.

it is to mislead us :D, it wold be to predictable, that why they pulled Shuffle trick :)

the way he was with Airi he felt natural and he was able to be in path with her so easily cause he had no romantic feelings toward her, pay more attention to how he was with Miu
Modified by Sugram22, Jun 12, 9:13 AM

Oct 1, 2013 9:53 PM

Solid romance. 10/10.
Personal opinions put in, Sana>Airi>Miu, first anime to make me bounce around my love of characters. Started with liking Airi as the main heroine, then Sana and then Miu. I was slightly annoyed by how Shingo picked Miu and not Sana, but nevertheless I felt whole and complete in the end, and I thought that Miu is a pretty good pick.
Modified by xelyak, Oct 1, 2013 9:56 PM

Oct 21, 2013 2:58 AM

So Pannya-chan is the main protagonist here! heheh.. :)

7/10

Oct 22, 2013 8:19 PM

This ep was fucking random as all hell. And after ep. 11, they put some filler-type thing at the end...

Not cool, bros. This anime ended quite poorly... the first episode to not get a 5/5 from me. Oh well.

Nov 5, 2013 8:23 AM

Seriously? Changing from Airi to Miu kinda ruined the show a little for me. Oh well, a great series nevertheless! Might play the VN after this.

8/10

Dec 24, 2013 9:29 AM

I've enjoyed the whole series :) So glad that Pannya is back to her mother :)

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »