Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 19, 2011 1:34 PM

Oct 2011
You've never downloaded anything in parts?

... are you new to the internet?
Dec 19, 2011 1:58 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:

No i havent but i think i can handle it. What I meant is how many Visual Novels of Fate stay night are there. Mika just said that there are plenty. So i wanna know how many. If thas fine with you...
Dec 19, 2011 2:09 PM
Dec 2007
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

No i havent but i think i can handle it. What I meant is how many Visual Novels of Fate stay night are there. Mika just said that there are plenty. So i wanna know how many. If thas fine with you...
There's 1 (Fate/stay night) and the sequel (fate/Hollow Ataraxia). All the info I gave you was either from the VN or officially released Type-Moon extra material.

The info on the swords comes from my knowledge of King Arthur's tale however.

Also, there will be a port to PC of the PS2 All-Ages version of Fate/Stay Night (Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua) soon. From what I hear it will be released in 3 separate packages, one for each route (Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel).

And since I think this is a common source of confusion for many watchers who aren't used to Type-Moon's stories, All Visual Novels, Light Novels and games in general written by Kinoko Nasu are related in some way or another. He created this rule that all of his stories exist in parallel dimensions in a broad interconnected fiction fans call Nasuvere. There's even a type of "True Magic" that allows it's user to travel through such dimensions at will and there's one character that can do so. As such, there's no one true route and all routes happened...that's how it goes.

And just as a parting shot, the anime only differed in 1 arc, just one (Caster/Sakura arc). Everything else follows the Fate route more or less, even the ending.
Leon-GunDec 19, 2011 2:23 PM

Dec 19, 2011 2:51 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:

Ya know... I watched Unlimited Blade Works... But just saying, Archer, his identity can't be just a imaginary figure that was formed by shiuro. If so, then the anime would go as the movie. Another thing is that how did Shiuro become a servant? Well what im basically saying is that in the anime. Archer's identity can't be his imaginary ideal... which basically creates a different story from the very very begining. And I really really regret watching it sense it only made me more depressed at the end even though the movie wasn't really interesting lol
VerdantGaleDec 19, 2011 2:55 PM
Dec 19, 2011 2:54 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

There's 1 (Fate/stay night) and the sequel (fate/Hollow Ataraxia). All the info I gave you was either from the VN or officially released Type-Moon extra material.

The info on the swords comes from my knowledge of King Arthur's tale however.

Also, there will be a port to PC of the PS2 All-Ages version of Fate/Stay Night (Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua) soon. From what I hear it will be released in 3 separate packages, one for each route (Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel).

And since I think this is a common source of confusion for many watchers who aren't used to Type-Moon's stories, All Visual Novels, Light Novels and games in general written by Kinoko Nasu are related in some way or another. He created this rule that all of his stories exist in parallel dimensions in a broad interconnected fiction fans call Nasuvere. There's even a type of "True Magic" that allows it's user to travel through such dimensions at will and there's one character that can do so. As such, there's no one true route and all routes happened...that's how it goes.

And just as a parting shot, the anime only differed in 1 arc, just one (Caster/Sakura arc). Everything else follows the Fate route more or less, even the ending.

So what you're saying is that the movie the anime the visual novels that have different routes all happen differently in different dimensions? So basically there are more than one Holy Grails.
Dec 19, 2011 2:56 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
I sent you a link.

Another question, the link you sent me, is the game long?
Dec 19, 2011 2:58 PM
Dec 2007
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

Ya know... I watched Unlimited Blade Works... But just saying, Archer, his identity can't be just a imaginary figure that was formed by shiuro. If so, then the anime would go as the movie. Another thing is that how did Shiuro become a servant? Well what im basically saying is that in the anime. Archer's identity can't be his imaginary ideal... which basically creates a different story from the very very begining.
Nah, he's literally another Shirou. a Shirou that follows his ideals and became the ideal itself. That's what he meant. But if you're asking how did he become a Servant, he just made a contract with the world and became a Counter Guardian. This is slightly different than being a Heroic Spirit. Counter Guardians are summoned by the world to stop disasters that threaten it but the only way they have to do this is by killing and killing and killing. Hence why Archer's soul became twisted with only the desire to die and to kill himself.

silver_gospel said:

So what you're saying is that the movie the anime the visual novels that have different routes all happen differently in different dimensions? So basically there are more than one Holy Grails.
I guess you can say that although even in one world the "Grail" of Fuyuki is one from amongst hundreds of potential Holy Grails. None of them have been confirmed as a True Grail and even the Grail of Fuyuki is not really the Holy Grail. It's just a gate created by magi.

Dec 19, 2011 3:02 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

Ya know... I watched Unlimited Blade Works... But just saying, Archer, his identity can't be just a imaginary figure that was formed by shiuro. If so, then the anime would go as the movie. Another thing is that how did Shiuro become a servant? Well what im basically saying is that in the anime. Archer's identity can't be his imaginary ideal... which basically creates a different story from the very very begining.
Nah, he's literally another Shirou. a Shirou that follows his ideals and became the ideal itself. That's what he meant. But if you're asking how did he become a Servant, he just made a contract with the world and became a Counter Guardian. This is slightly different than being a Heroic Spirit. Counter Guardians are summoned by the world to stop disasters that threaten it but the only way they have to do this is by killing and killing and killing. Hence why Archer's soul became twisted with only the desire to die and to kill himself.

silver_gospel said:

I guess you can say that although even in one world the "Grail" of Fuyuki is one from amongst hundreds of potential Holy Grails. None of them have been confirmed as a True Grail and even the Grail of Fuyuki is not really the Holy Grail. It's just a gate created by magi.

This... is... so... confusing....!!!!!!! Basically what happened in Fate/Zero and Fate Stay Night are in the same dimension. HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS!? I kinda think posting this topic just made it more confusing LOL!
Dec 19, 2011 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
You find out most of this in the Visual Novel. I'm sure it's confusing when you haven't experienced if for yourself, but it'll make sense in context.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 19, 2011 3:39 PM

Dec 2011
insan3soldiern said:
You find out most of this in the Visual Novel. I'm sure it's confusing when you haven't experienced if for yourself, but it'll make sense in context.

k... Hey how long does it take to complete Fate/Stay Night with Realta Nua? About how long? Oh and is this the first Visual novel or is it second?
Dec 19, 2011 3:45 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

silver_gospel said:

Hey did you ever seen a one of saber's memories in fate stay night? There was one where saber stabbed an armored warrior and then she died, but her helmet split in 2 and then you see her face. It LOOKED LIKE SABERS FACE! Then shirou woke up... And saber got hurt from the stab too. If i'm correct, is the girl saber stabbed in the past supposed to be Arthur's bro? The one who betrayed him? Although in this case, its her bro, could it possibly mean that her bro is a sis instead?
Dec 19, 2011 3:56 PM

Jun 2009
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:

k... Hey how long does it take to complete Fate/Stay Night with Realta Nua? About how long? Oh and is this the first Visual novel or is it second?

As has already been said there is only two Fate/stay visual novels. Fate/stay night and Fate/hollow Ataraxia. And, I'm personally only speaking about Fate/stay as Ataraxia hasn't been fully translated yet, so I haven't read it yet.

Oh, and the person Saber is seen fighting in her dream is actually her son. Again, the visual novel goes into more detail and does these sequences you talk about much better. HE just got her feminine looks.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 19, 2011 3:59 PM

Dec 2011
insan3soldiern said:
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:

As has already been said there is only two Fate/stay visual novels. Fate/stay night and Fate/hollow Ataraxia. And, I'm personally only speaking about Fate/stay as Ataraxia hasn't been fully translated yet, so I haven't read it yet.

Oh, and the person Saber is seen fighting in her dream is actually her son. Again, the visual novel goes into more detail and does these sequences you talk about much better. HE just got her feminine looks.

I WOULD LMAO IF I SEE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE MAY AS WELL DRESS LIKE A GIRL! how did Saber get married... I kinda thought she loved Shirou... Like only him you know what i mean? Ok I guess... that would show up in the visual novel huh? SO Fate/Stay Night with Realta Nua isnt a visual novel?
I got a link that says i can download though..
Dec 19, 2011 4:14 PM

Jun 2009
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:

I WOULD LMAO IF I SEE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE MAY AS WELL DRESS LIKE A GIRL! how did Saber get married... I kinda thought she loved Shirou... Like only him you know what i mean? Ok I guess... that would show up in the visual novel huh? SO Fate/Stay Night with Realta Nua isnt a visual novel?

I'm not sure what you mean. Fate/stay night with the Realta Nua patch is still very much a visual novel. All it does is add voices (except for sex scenes), new music tracks, and added effects. Oh, and there is an extra ending that you get for Saber that requires quite a bit of work.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 19, 2011 4:17 PM

Dec 2011
insan3soldiern said:
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Fate/stay night with the Realta Nua patch is still very much a visual novel. All it does is add voices (except for sex scenes), new music tracks, and added effects. Oh, and there is an extra ending that you get for Saber that requires quite a bit of work.

O SO IT WAS AN UPDATE! I thought that it was a full novel! So its connected to fate/stay night! So basically its not a novel.
Dec 19, 2011 4:23 PM

Feb 2009
So basically this thread is a beginner's guide to the VN with tons of spoilers about it.
Okaaayy....

Carry on.
Dec 19, 2011 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
belatkuro said:
So basically this thread is a beginner's guide to the VN with tons of spoilers about it.
Okaaayy....

Carry on.

Yeah, I was getting that feeling too. This thread is very, very spoilerific. I tried to avoid spoilers as much as possible, but I'm afraid I'm not innocent either.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 19, 2011 4:35 PM

Dec 2011
belatkuro said:
Okaaayy....

Carry on.
If you dont wanna see then you can leave. I feel very offended...
Dec 19, 2011 4:36 PM

Nov 2011
belatkuro said:
Okaaayy....

Carry on.

A topic asking questions about the ending is obviously bound to be full of spoilers. There's no reason to avoid spoilers to the Fate route. The OP should really just go play the VN if he's so interested in the story, before asking these questions
Dec 19, 2011 4:37 PM

Dec 2011
insan3soldiern said:
belatkuro said:
Okaaayy....

Carry on.

Yeah, I was getting that feeling too. This thread is very, very spoilerific. I tried to avoid spoilers as much as possible, but I'm afraid I'm not innocent either.

So making sure...Fate/ stay night is the novel itself, and Realta Nua itself is just a patch... i c...
Dec 19, 2011 4:38 PM

Dec 2011
MissileSoup said:
belatkuro said:
Okaaayy....

Carry on.

A topic asking questions about the ending is obviously bound to be full of spoilers. There's no reason to avoid spoilers to the Fate route. The OP should really just go play the VN if he's so interested in the story, before asking these questions

Im actually currently downloading it...
Dec 19, 2011 4:48 PM

Jun 2009
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:
belatkuro said:
Okaaayy....

Carry on.

So making sure...Fate/ stay night is the novel itself, and Realta Nua itself is just a patch... i c...

That's right. But, it's a patch that is most certainly recommended. The voice acting in particular is great. The same people who did the Japanese version of the anime, btw.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 19, 2011 4:51 PM

Feb 2009
It's not a big deal to me you know as I know all what you're talking about. I finished the VN long time ago. I've also read the F/Z novels. I'm well familiar with the Nasuverse so there's no spoilers here that I dont know. Should be obvious by my signature.
I was just mentioning how this thread became a spoiler den and a tutorial for a person who wants to play the VN and get into the Nasuverse.
Dec 19, 2011 7:43 PM
Dec 2007
BTW, I don't think we even need much knowledge about Fate to know the Arturia questions. Save for the genderbending of Arthur into Arturia by the writer and the further changes this creates (like an alternate explanation for Mordred, King Arthur's son) everything else is basically more or less similar to the King Arthur legend. This includes thngs like Arthur's obsession with the Grail, his loss of the Sword in the Stone, the betrayal of Lancelot and Guinevere (Arthur's Queen-consort), Morgan la-fay's,Arthur's half-sister, conceiving Arthur's child. And Arthur's incestually-conceived son, Mordred, leading a rebellion and dying at Arthur's hand (not before mortally wounding Arthur). Even the last scene of Fate, where Bedivere returns Excalubur to the Lady of the Lake, is a very well known part of the myth.

And on further looking, I think I see where Caliburn comes. Caliburn is the original name for Excalibur before the name was mistranslated through the years, yet in F/SN it is used to name the Sword in the Stone. Funny that.

And btw, the less you want to know how Morgan managed to get pregnant from Arturia the better. That particular detail is so...futa-related. xD

Dec 19, 2011 7:53 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
BTW, I don't think we even need much knowledge about Fate to know the Arturia questions. Save for the genderbending of Arthur into Arturia by the writer and the further changes this creates (like an alternate explanation for Mordred, King Arthur's son) everything else is basically more or less similar to the King Arthur legend. This includes thngs like Arthur's obsession with the Grail, his loss of the Sword in the Stone, the betrayal of Lancelot and Guinevere (Arthur's Queen-consort), Morgan la-fay's,Arthur's half-sister, conceiving Arthur's child. And Arthur's incestually-conceived son, Mordred, leading a rebellion and dying at Arthur's hand (not before mortally wounding Arthur). Even the last scene of Fate, where Bedivere returns Excalubur to the Lady of the Lake, is a very well known part of the myth.
And on further looking, I think I see where Caliburn comes. Caliburn is the original name for Excalibur before the name was mistranslated through the years, yet in F/SN it is used to name the Sword in the Stone. Funny that.

And btw, the less you want to know how Morgan managed to get pregnant from Arturia the better. That particular detail is so...futa-related. xD
LOL I GOT CHA! XD
Dec 19, 2011 8:02 PM

Dec 2011
I'm gonna download VN after i finish restoring my pc since it got infected by this retarded Fake Anti-Virus... so this game im assuming is fun and will take a while. xD just what i need to kill time. Also you guys are a great help xD THX!

Still feel weepy that Saber disappeared, i really hate the ending... even after 24 hours.... :'(

Jeez... fate stay night is really confusing without the visual novel...

Ok again, thx for the help, i got my better understanding of Fate stay night

Btw... you know how in Unlimited Blade Works, archer reveals that he's Shirou's ideal wat so eva. Any ways he used that ideal and became what he is now... So basically he won't exist withot SHirou right? So why did he say he fought many people and protect many people but regretted it... Shouldn't he not even be living without Shirou's imagination? Or is he just another spirit that has no form and just decided to take that ideal and created Archer...

Ok so the UBW, archer is fake wat so eva, but if hes like made from Shirou's ideal then it wouldn't make any sense in The anime... does that mean that his identity is differ from UBW and the anime?

Sry, the question didnt make alot of sense, but i tried my best... XD
Dec 19, 2011 8:16 PM
Dec 2007
silver_gospel said:
I'm gonna download VN after i finish restoring my pc since it got infected by this retarded Fake Anti-Virus... so this game im assuming is fun and will take a while. xD just what i need to kill time. Also you guys are a great help xD THX!

Still feel weepy that Saber disappeared, i really hate the ending... even after 24 hours.... :'(

Btw... you know how in Unlimited Blade Works, archer reveals that he's Shirou's ideal wat so eva. Any ways he used that ideal and became what he is now... So basically he won't exist withot SHirou right? So why did he say he fought many people and protect many people but regretted it... Shouldn't he not even be living without Shirou's imagination? Or is he just another spirit that has no form and just decided to take that ideal and created Archer...

Ok so the UBW, archer is fake wat so eva, but if hes like made from Shirou's ideal then it wouldn't make any sense in The anime... does that mean that his identity is differ from UBW and the anime?

Nah, let's put it more clear. He is Emiya Shirou, but not the current Emiya Shirou. Heroic Spirits/Counter Guardians can be from the past, present or future. Archer EMIYA comes from a future where Emiya Shirou died and became a Guardian Heroic Spirit. Thus, he's Emiya Shirou, just not the current Emiya Shirou. an Emiya Shirou from a future time.

Like I said, the whole :I became the ideal" thing is mere sophistry from Archer. He's just trying to make his speech sound cool. He's Emiya SHirou, nothing else.

Dec 20, 2011 1:26 PM

Dec 2011
I n
Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:

Nah, let's put it more clear. He is Emiya Shirou, but not the current Emiya Shirou. Heroic Spirits/Counter Guardians can be from the past, present or future. Archer EMIYA comes from a future where Emiya Shirou died and became a Guardian Heroic Spirit. Thus, he's Emiya Shirou, just not the current Emiya Shirou. an Emiya Shirou from a future time.

Like I said, the whole :I became the ideal" thing is mere sophistry from Archer. He's just trying to make his speech sound cool. He's Emiya SHirou, nothing else.
ever k
Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:

Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:

I never knew that Shirou was a dude that would brag XD!

Ok, i got this, assuming I'll find out in the visual novel...

But. It's kinda hard to believe his blood is made of blades. I was imagining metalic blood or something XD. But its red.

Now another question rises upon me, assuming its gonna explain to me in the visual novel. I cant download it right now because im gonna restore my pc real soon so its like "whas the point?" Phantasm thing... is it final move, like ultimate move, or is it like, weapon... because, Shirou is completely human without Saber's Scabber... so he... how does he have a phantasm, like he has no ? Sry too much questions again... i guess i have to play the visual novel...

So do they gain phantasm after they die?

I never knew he was that strong either, well he was strong but not strong enough to actually beat 2 heroes...

Archer- If he is Shirou, Shouldn't they at the very least say "wow, he looks like shirou"

I guess them two have SOME things in common... I guess the girl who summoned her might have some special feelings towards Shirou or how would she be able to summon a strong archer like him huh? That also explains why all the old heroes doesn't rognize him, hes in the futuristic hero...

there was this other question, But i cant seem to put it to words, Ill post again if it comes up to me.

I kinda forgot the question itself, I think it was, how is Shirou, the present a servant?

Does Saber love Shirou in all dimensions, like in differ dimensions...?

http://kosupurei.blogspot.com/2010/01/fatestay-night-saber-04.html
It actually looks like saber lol, but shes wearing red armor dress...
Dec 20, 2011 1:35 PM

Oct 2011
You don't have an external harddrive? FSN doesn't need to be 'installed', as long as you have all the system files in a folder. Unless you're worried that a virus might transfer to your new computer or whatever.
Dec 20, 2011 2:52 PM
Dec 2007
Archer doesn't have a Noble Phantasm no. His swords are all fakes. He has a Reality Marble which is "considered" his Noble Phantasm (Unlimited Blade Works). I'd say something like "his body isn't literally made out of swords" but I guess he literally has Avalon mixed with his body and his body does turn into metal blades when injured so yeah, it's complicated and all that.

Dec 20, 2011 3:11 PM

Oct 2011
Leon is the master. =)
I guess I really missed a lot of details when I skimmed through it.

Leon have you played Tsukihime?
Dec 20, 2011 4:14 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Archer doesn't have a Noble Phantasm no. His swords are all fakes. He has a Reality Marble which is "considered" his Noble Phantasm (Unlimited Blade Works). I'd say something like "his body isn't literally made out of swords" but I guess he literally has Avalon mixed with his body and his body does turn into metal blades when injured so yeah, it's complicated and all that.

I suppose someone will come in and say "Play the Visual Novel" I am...
Dec 20, 2011 4:19 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
You don't have an external harddrive? FSN doesn't need to be 'installed', as long as you have all the system files in a folder. Unless you're worried that a virus might transfer to your new computer or whatever.

No thas not what im saying. I'm saying that it was ALREADY infected by this fake ant-virus... Whenever i use Mozilla Fox for over 2 hours, the Fake Antivirus kicks in and closes every thing down forcing me to buy a copy of the FAKE antivirus. So i googled and found a free key and tells me how to remove it. The problem is that whenever i delete it with a real antivirus, it just comes back afterwards, So thas why im restoring my pc with the disc that came with my pc when i ordered it. To factory settings. Then i'll download again. Do you think animefreak might be threat? I'm using a chinese browser so i bet they'll have a hard time lol. After i got on animefreak for 1 week, it started showing up... But before that, was youtube, or it might not be youtube... idk!

But I'm not trying to say im worried or what so ever. I'm saying that my pc is ALREADY infected. And i'm no good with pc restoring, im worrying that i might destroy my pc so im waiting until my friend in college to come back for christmas break and help me with this crappy fake antivirus. He's about to be back, XD
Dec 20, 2011 4:20 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
You sure know alot....!!!!! You make me think you're an actualy spectator of the whole anime, but thas not true... lol It'd be coool though!
Dec 20, 2011 6:22 PM

Dec 2011
I remember something... There was this american movie called "Avalon High" that might've just taken an idea from fate/ stay night.
A girl moves constantly and finally came to a new town where they can at least stay for 4 years... She later finds out in her new school "Avalon High", has some secrets in it. She later discovers that Arthur would reborn on the day where a meteor shower takes place at the same time of a , aw just forget it... She's the Arthur in the Movie... so i kind of think they got the idea from Fate stay night...
Dec 20, 2011 8:39 PM
Dec 2007
ideoidiom said:
Leon is the master. =)

...and Plus Disc and Kagetsu Tohya. I've also played Melty Blood. as well as played a bit of what's been translated of Hollow Ataraxia. I've also read around for extra info since a lot of details are actually added in Character Material and stuff like that.

Dec 20, 2011 9:01 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
ideoidiom said:
Leon is the master. =)

...and Plus Disc and Kagetsu Tohya. I've also played Melty Blood. as well as played a bit of what's been translated of Hollow Ataraxia. I've also read around for extra info since a lot of details are actually added in Character Material and stuff like that.

can you find Character Material in Wikipedia?
Dec 20, 2011 9:05 PM
Dec 2007
silver_gospel said:
Leon-Gun said:
ideoidiom said:
Leon is the master. =)

can you find Character Material in Wikipedia?
On it's own? no. You can find a lot of info in wikis like typemoon.wikia.com but that place can spoil you senseless if you're not careful.

Dec 21, 2011 1:03 AM

Oct 2011
So is Tsukihime any good? Well, using FSN as a benchmark. I find it hard to process the outdated art and the lack of voice acting, but if the story is any epic, I'd give it a try.
Dec 21, 2011 2:38 AM

Jun 2009
ideoidiom said:
So is Tsukihime any good? Well, using FSN as a benchmark. I find it hard to process the outdated art and the lack of voice acting, but if the story is any epic, I'd give it a try.

Well, there are quite a few who seem to prefer Tsukihime over Fate/stay believe it or not. And, if there is ever a case of a story making up for the crappy art and lack of voice acting Tsukihime (and Higurashi) is it. in the VN realm anyway.

That said, I slightly prefer Fate/stay over Tsukihime. Mainly because I find the characters of Fate more interesting, but then again I haven't finished the final two routes which are, from what I hear, the best. And, it took me two times reading Fate to finally come to completely appreciate it. So, perhaps that will be the case when read Tsukihime again?

Anyway, Tsukihime isn't "epic" like Fate/stay in that it doesn't have the large cast of characters but what it gained from this is that it was very focused in it's storyline. It's also quite depressing at times, leaning more towards the tone of Heaven's Feel than the other routes of Fate/stay. It's definitely worth reading, I'd say.

Well, I know you didn't ask my opinion and what I typed may not be enough to go on. But, I thought I'd throw my two cents out there.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 21, 2011 2:56 AM

Jul 2011
Just finished the Fate route today and have already started on the UBW route. Loved the focus on Shirou's and Saber's character (way more developed in comparison to the anime). Anyways, was just wondering; is it worth watching the Tsukihime anime or not before playing the VN?
Dec 21, 2011 3:54 AM

Oct 2011
Your input's always appreciated. : )

I actually started watching Tsukihime not long ago, and I gotta say... it's kind of boring. But from experience, I know I can't judge a work by its adaptation, which is why I got around downloading the VN. I'll probably try it out over the holidays.

What's your favourite route in Tsukihime?? (Is there one that doesn't involve vampirism?) I'm thinking of playing only Akiha, Kohaku, and Arcueid, in that order.
ideoidiomDec 21, 2011 4:03 AM
Dec 21, 2011 9:35 AM

Dec 2011
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201112/08006333.html

hmmm... are they still translating the game that hasn't been fully translated?
And if i play the VN i'll know what happens after Shirou and Saber destroyed the Holy Grail?
Dec 21, 2011 10:04 AM

Feb 2009
ideoidiom said:

What's your favourite route in Tsukihime?? (Is there one that doesn't involve vampirism?) I'm thinking of playing only Akiha, Kohaku, and Arcueid, in that order.
You cant play it in that order. The 5 routes are grouped in 2 sides, Near Side and Far Side. Near Side is Arc and Ciel, Far Side is the Tohno residents.
You have to finish one Near Side first before you can play the Far Side and Kohaku's route will only be unlocked after Hisui's. So yeah.
My favorite route has to be Arcueid's.
Dec 21, 2011 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
I'm downloading a saved file. I don't feel like playing Ciel and the srs maid. Unless they have spoilers, of course (do they?), but I've been told that their routes branch off early and are pretty distinct.
Dec 21, 2011 11:33 AM
Dec 2007
belatkuro said:
ideoidiom said:

You cant play it in that order. The 5 routes are grouped in 2 sides, Near Side and Far Side. Near Side is Arc and Ciel, Far Side is the Tohno residents.
You have to finish one Near Side first before you can play the Far Side and Kohaku's route will only be unlocked after Hisui's. So yeah.
My favorite route has to be Arcueid's.
And to answer ideoidiom's question, Arc and Ciel are pure vampire stories. Akiha, Hisui and Kohaku routes are still not supernatural (it is Tsukihime after all) but there's only one bit about vampires and the rest is something else (you'll see when playing it). You need to beat Arc or Ciel's route to play Akiha's and Hisui's route though and you'll have to finish Hisui's route to play Kohaku's.

Anyway, in my opinion I also give the slight edge to Fate, merely because as a whole package Fate feels better made (it's also better translated). Tsukihime was, after all, Kinoko Nasu's first "VN" and it was a doujin so the art and presentation was very behind the times (back then Type-Moon was just a doujin circle). Tsukihime also suffers from the "common route" syndrome, especially between the more connected heroines (Arc/Ciel and Akiha/Hisui/Kohaku). But in terms of story it's interesting enough. Although, Arc's route is not as god as Ciel's personally. The best routes are the Tohno family routes however. The anime completely changed the story, and not for the better.

It's funny someone mentioned Higurashi as I'm currently playing that. It was actually pretty damn hard to play that with the crappy character sprites. Thankfully there's patches that add the music, sprites and backgrounds of the DS versions and one to change the font to something that's actually readable. Once those annoyances are dealt with Higurash is extremely engrossing, and much more detailed than it's anime counterpart. Tsukihime's art seems dated but it's not THAT bad, so long as you don't look too much at Ciel's hands.
Leon-GunDec 21, 2011 11:38 AM

Dec 21, 2011 11:38 AM

Jun 2009
ideoidiom said:
I'm downloading a saved file. I don't feel like playing Ciel and the srs maid. Unless they have spoilers, of course (do they?), but I've been told that their routes branch off early and are pretty distinct.

I don't know if I'd recommend this, Ciel's route was good. Really good, in fact, and I'm no fan of her character. I think every route is more or less necessary, as they expand on the world of Tsukihime. Also, Hisui's route is one of the ones I alluded to when i was mentioning the routes I *heard* were the best in the title. With Kohaku being the other.

Anyway, of the three routes I've read (Arcueid, Ciel, and Akiha) I'd probably go with Akiha's as my favorite. I just liked how it focused on the Tohno family it felt very, I dunno, personal.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 21, 2011 11:43 AM
Dec 2007
insan3soldiern said:
ideoidiom said:

I don't know if I'd recommend this, Ciel's route was good. Really good, in fact, and I'm no fan of her character. I think every route is more or less necessary, as they expand on the world of Tsukihime. Also, Hisui's route is one of the ones I alluded to when i was mentioning the routes I *heard* were the best in the title. With Kohaku being the other.

Anyway, of the three routes I've read (Arcueid, Ciel, and Akiha) I'd probably go with Akiha's as my favorite. I just liked how it focused on the Tohno family it felt very, I dunno, personal. Oh, and every route seems to deal with Vampirism in some capacity.
They do, but the Tohno were more supernatural in general than just vampires. Akiha was my favorite heroine but Hisui's route is indeed very good, although you have to be ready for some "non-action" parts. It's more about backstory than action in her route.

Also, something I forgot to say, if you play Tsukihime, the suggested way to play it is: Arcueid-Ciel-Akiha-Hisui-Kohaku. You need to play either Arcueid or Ciel to unlock AKiha/Hisui but Ciel spoils almost ALL of Arcueid's route. and in the case of Akiha/Hisui, Hisui spoils most of the secrets of the Akiha route and you can't play Kohaku unless you play Hisui's.

Dec 21, 2011 10:06 PM

Dec 2011
Is Fate/Extra from another dimension? Do they have it translated yet?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89844
It says Ataraxia is translated. At least partically at least.
Dec 22, 2011 1:03 AM

Oct 2011
@silver Whoa, I think you should play FSN before jumping the gun.
Leon-Gun said:
They do, but the Tohno were more supernatural in general than just vampires. Akiha was my favorite heroine but Hisui's route is indeed very good, although you have to be ready for some "non-action" parts. It's more about backstory than action in her route.

Also, something I forgot to say, if you play Tsukihime, the suggested way to play it is: Arcueid-Ciel-Akiha-Hisui-Kohaku. You need to play either Arcueid or Ciel to unlock AKiha/Hisui but Ciel spoils almost ALL of Arcueid's route. and in the case of Akiha/Hisui, Hisui spoils most of the secrets of the Akiha route and you can't play Kohaku unless you play Hisui's.

I can't remember the anime too well, but the impression I got from it was that Ciel was kind of weird/annoying/didn't interest me much, and I don't particularly like danderes so Hisui's kind of out. The way the anime went (I only got through like halfway), I thought Shiki's ability was interesting, but I didn't dig the whole vampirism thing, so I dropped it. I actually got back into Tsukihime through Carnival Phantasm, I thought Akiha (especially) and Arcueid were alot cuter than I remembered, so I decided to give it another chance, if only just to play Akiha's route.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Yesterday

19 by certifiedbinger »»
Today, 2:35 AM

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.